All Comments on 'Rough Time with a New Friend'

by Umm_YesHoney

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Get an editor!

Sloppy grammer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
It's "grammar", not "grammer"

Talk about needing an editor. LOL

This was hot! Very enjoyable. Five stars

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Okay, misteaks were made, I like mine rare.

U_YH, this could be a solid foundation for a larger story.

Develop your characters.......Backstory for your main characters?

Add in a little bit of tension for an insecure woman walking out of a bar and going someplace unknown with a total stranger? (i.e. Stranger, Danger!)

Most such combinations of naivety and alcohol would result in a flood of dialogue and at least the threat of violence. Sometimes by the woman.

As for developing your own writing style. Listen to how you, yourself speak when telling a story or about an event in your life. Don't be shy about copying the personalities and speech rhythms of family and friends and neighbors and workmates and total strangers. An authentic voice will resonate deeply in your readers emotions.

Never, Ever! Trust spellcheck or any other program that automatically replaces words. Those functions are homophone-phobic. Coded by progroomers who are certifiably illiterate!

Critical commentators tend to be English Major Generals who bellow and bluster that everybody has to worship at the altar-tomb of the dead language of academic english. Just have a good laugh at their pretentious nonsense and go on and write how you are comfortable with, telling the stories you want told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Pretty Good

I liked the story. There were some grammatical errors but I've read worse. It made me hot so a thumbs up from me!

Cal59Cal59almost 2 years ago

Not too keen on it

jrt20jrt20almost 2 years ago

They end up loving it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous