All Comments on 'Rough Trade at the Rainbow'

by fluidmingle

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Nevermind some people

When it comes to listing a story under a heading, it's very difficult. Not all fantasy/sci-fi is het. Sorry to burst the bubble of a thousand other little minded boys and girls out there - but homosexual and even bestial relations can occur in a heavily Scienc Fiction/Generic Fantasy setting.

That having been said - the feedback section is designed to give you feed back about your story, not about WHERE you listed it so...

All in all, I think it's rather well written. Plain and simple. I like the Jinovians and the way you utilize the futuristic setting, all the little details. The homosexual content I can't comment on - it's not my "thing", but I didn't find it gratuitous (it is possible to be gratuitous in "smutty" writing, believe it or not), which is a big bonus.

Keep up the good work. Take criticism and use what you can, throw out what you can't, and never mind the smallminds who can't get a grip. (No pun intended.)

TimothyMTimothyMover 10 years ago
That was fun (and gay)

About halfway through this story I remembered that I'd read it before and what the clue was. But I still enjoyed it, and I think you did a great job with both the Sci-Fi and the gay part. You would probably have had a more appreciative audience over in GM and they wouldn't have been scared of by the Sci-fi element. But I appreciate your courage in trying to widen the horizons of this crowd.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous