All Comments on 'Royal Sentence Ch. 08-09'

by MProst

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A delight

Thank you for another beautifully written chapter. I only wish it was longer!

DC

magevmagevabout 6 years ago
please please please

You are such a good writer, and this is such an engaging story, I just really hope that you will not let him subdue her and break her, rather, please let her win the upper hand in the end, please please please no magic dick ending! Please! If they will be together, let it be on even ground, as respecting partners, not him "taming" her...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
masterfully written

I adore this story. Please continue. Your writing is beyond excellent. And I love the historical detail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thanks!

I am glad you are back to writing on this story. I really like it. I hope you post chapters fast.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 6 years ago
Agree with Magev

Have been loving this story since you started! So glad to see another submission from you. I'll add my plea to the earlier comment from magev, please, PLEASE, don't let her succumb to the dreaded magic cock syndrome. Too many promising tales have been spoiled by its use.

Given her earlier introduction to intercourse, all her current neural pathways are dedicated to the expectation of pain precluding the ability to perceive pleasure that allows the body's natural lubricants to flow.

Trust me, despite the many fantasies posted here, it is no simple matter to overcome such a frightening trauma. An innocent might be able to relax enough to let nature take her course, but she knows the excruciating agony too well, as do I.

MProstMProstabout 6 years agoAuthor
@magev

Thanks for your nice comment. This is not a slave/BDSMish story so there should be no 'magic dick' effect. 'Taming' here means getting her to align her behavior on what was considered 'good wife standard', not beating her into a submissive or a mindless sex-doll. Sabine's attitude and toughness are part of a shell she has built to cope with her trauma -she is a rape survivor- and Roland wants to break through to fix her. He wants a loving wife, not a sex-toy, but he has no plan to reciprocate... He is demanding and dominant, which would be expected in a man of his rank, and a tad kinky, nothing unusual for 17th century French nobility. He is however neither a sadist nor a brute -especially keeping in mind that watching someone tortured to death was considered a great family outing at the time-, and his life experience has made him quite the connoisseur of female mind and body. He will have to thread carefully as any mistake could add to Sabine's trauma, and her utter lack of cooperation will challenge his patience, but I think the process should be interesting to watch, and we all know that things never work according to plan...

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinabout 6 years ago
Thank you

Enjoying your version of “The Taming of the Shrew”. Although dear King Louis might be making a huge mistake. Once these two combine their wonder twin powers, his crown could be theirs in the blink of an eye.

LadyPartsLadyPartsabout 6 years ago
Completely disagree with magev

Men and women were not equals during this time period, or any time period before 1975’ish. Women were chattel and while chivalry called for women to be treated mostly gently, the church advocated for husbands to regularly beat (spank, whip, punish them by denial of company or privileges) their wives to ensure she stayed humble and virtuous. Making them equal, or even close to equal, would completely ruin the attention to authentic detail MProst has worked so diligently to provide.

I’m all for men in stories not being assholes, but applying today’s standards of behavior in historical context is short sighted and foolish.

Magic Dick Syndrome is when erotic writers have the female scream down the house in orgasmic bliss because a magic dick has penetrated her without the benefit of having been touched anywhere else at all. (This error is typically written by men writing FOR men because wouldn’t it be great to have a magical dick that could make her scream without having to bother with painstaking arousal building) That’s some magic dick that can do that.

What magev is referring to, I believe, is simply poor story telling. How characters get from one place to another is the story. The author needs to make it believable, plausible, and entertaining. However, getting a good fucking always makes me a better behaved and more loving wife, so I guess that makes my husband’s dick rather magical. :)

MProst....this story is excellent and I am thoroughly enjoying it! How your grand baby is doing well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
After the recent comment from Lady Parts

I love the story it's a great story it's a nice premise especially depending on how it can develop. I want her to be able to prove that the king is a liar and that this wasn't a counterfeit seal. But that's not what the story is about. I didn't want to criticize or point out that I felt that the author lacked some originality in Sabine's trauma. With the kind of damage she would have received and even discussing that she was on a liquid diet for weeks for healing, for you know that end, you would have thought there were some scarring on her body that should have been noticed even in Candlelight by anyone seeing her naked. Yes its a story and created, yet, still in my mind can't find it plausible that at least one soldier of the many that continue to rape her over days did not have some sort of knife fetish and craved her or whipped her with a belt for his enjoyment. For me a woman held down for that long has to have something cut and damaged on her skin, whether it be rope around her wrist and ankles, a few hits to the face where she would have gotten possibly up up broken eye socket, something. But the author never alluded to it and it's her story. And, I'm surprised also that when he does touch her, though it's been 2 years, that she didn't breakdown more, either more freezing or more fighting, maybe chanting that it's all a dream or it's going to be over, something as a trigger to show her trying to escape in her mind.

As for MDS... Lady Parts is correct to a point. For some MDS is a serious disease. It needs to be handled with caution, you don't want to be contaminated. You must wash your hands thoroughly after use. You definitely don't want it to spread, it's a disease that harms pretty much all women. Its not that all MDS is spectacular, might not even be the greatest or best, it's just the circumstances created by an author make MDS a serious mattet. One might consider it an ethics violation. I feel that the CDC should probably investigate. The perfect MDS candidates, both male and female, can show how easy it is to succumb to this disease. It shouldn't be taken lightly, prepare yourself before hand. But, it could happen to anyone at any time. Again you might circum to this disease. The only antidote is complete utter separation and possibly a new MD, thus getting you involved in another MDS situation. ( Also the other extreme separation is the birth of a child from said MD, thus distracting you from the MD.) Do not take my warnings lightly because clearly as the weaker sex, (part of the MDS), those that are "cock hungry" are more susceptible. Again don't let this happen to you.

This was your public service announcement for today.

MProstMProstabout 6 years agoAuthor
To: last Anon

I see where you are coming from, but I think I should clarify a few points:

- Louis was not in power when Sabine was attacked, his mother and Concini were, so the seal WAS counterfeit. Besides, the real Louis, nicknamed 'The Just', would never have considered giving such an order. He was notoriously lenient with women, regardless of how badly they betrayed him.

- Sabine's attackers were most likely 'reîtres', German mercenaries reputed for their violence and cruelty. They pillaged and raped at will, as they were seldom paid by their employers. There must have been 8 to 10 men raping Sabine, and if one had a knife fetish, the others would probably have stopped him to keep their toy intact. They wouldn't bother tying up their female victims, they didn't carry ropes, they would just threaten them, overpower them, and/or hold them down. The guys doing the holding would certainly have enjoyed the struggles of the girl. With Sabine locked in her bedroom, what would be the point in binding her?

- I did specify that they beat her bloody with their belts, didn't I? Sabine is a natural blonde and her skin has never seen the sun, after two years the scars would turn white and only be visible in direct, natural light. And Roland didn't get a good view of her back anyway. Vaginal and anal scars would be virtually invisible.

- It's unlikely they would have hit her on the face harder than a few slaps. They wanted her conscious, and they wouldn't risk killing her early, wouldn't they?

- Every rape victim reacts differently. Some can't bear the slightest touch, some recover enough to manage a normal life, some become 'sluts' because they feel worthless, and everything in between. In Sabine's world, women were considered entirely responsible for their rape. No one would tell her she is a victim, she would be shunned by all as a whore, which would lead to an all time low in self-esteem. Her fight for revenge and defense of her tenants are the only things giving her a sense of worth.

Plus it has been two years, and people in her time were incredibly resilient, having been exposed to unthinkable amounts of death and violence since childhood.

Sabine copes by blocking the memory of her rape -she loses it when Roland digs it up- and avoiding male touch because her only experience of it is brutal groping and beating. Roland's gentle and skilled caresses confuse her senses, they don't relate to anything she knows, and therefore don't trigger any negative reaction. She surrenders to the sensation, and then hates herself, and him, because she doesn't understand why she liked it. And it makes her think that people were right calling her a whore, which is even more destructive. Self-inflicted mental torture.

Freezing and fighting? She does a lot of the latter, as much as she possibly can while tied up...

As for 'escaping in her mind', did you notice how he doesn't allow her to do that? He keeps telling her to open her eyes, look at him, listen to him. He is purposely messing with her mind. He wants to prevent her from remembering her rape while in his arms, and get her to associate his touch with pleasure. We'll see how it's gonna work out...

- I totally agree with you regarding MDS. And it wouldn't make any sense in this story.

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 6 years ago
Great story

And the comment section is almost as interesting as the story itself. I look forward to the next chapter. Thanks

getthebookgetthebookabout 6 years ago
Wow thanks mprost

Holy crap of a response to anon. As for me I thank you because that helps me understand your story too. It's your story and Im usually good at reading btwn the lines but I did not get most of that from reading your chapters, and I mean most of it. I esp would not get that the H was making her look at him to stop her from thinking about the trauma. I figured he was just a control freak set on domination and humiliation. I felt like the her whole ordeal was reduced to an ok or pat on the head, just dust yourself off now attitude. Yes it was different then but give me a break, a little sympathy goes a long way. I guess that's why you had indicated that she blushed at the words of H friend at the end. I was confused by it. After just calling him a oaf, a big oaf, I took her being red in the cheek look was anger, as in take back the night no longer a victim anger. I thought she was going to verbally chop his head off. Instead you went for young naive girl. I try to remember while reading this that it was not just long ago but in a country that always recognised the mistress and other dalliances as sex was not just a chore to look at the ceiling and think of England. I am not familiar with Louie "the just." I would think there is more danger waiting for not just the h but the H too. They should flee the country and change their names, quickly. Fake a death too.

MProstMProstabout 6 years agoAuthor
@getthebook

Hi, thanks for your comment.

I hope my answer to anon didn't come out at rude, as it wasn't intended. I just wanted to clarify a few historical points and explain how I imagined Sabine's history and psychology.

You are right, the French court was always quite different from the English one. Beating women was never regarded favorably in the French court, but it was legal, so nothing could be done.

Men in the nobility were passionate, excessive, and their attitude to women reflects that. The same guy could worship a lady on his knees -usually not his wife-, have passionate sex with another -preferably someone else's wife-, rape a maidservant, beat a stable hand over nothing, and kill a man in a duel, all in a day's work. Roland is domineering, but he does show a soft spot for Sabine. Still, she is a criminal and he arrested her and interrogates her, so he can't afford to be too compassionate, but he does reassure her, doesn't hurt her, and calms her when she gets a panic attack.

Regarding the last bit of the chapter, basically Bassompierre told Sabine: "You say you hate my friend when you barely know him, but I do, so is it rather that he got into your pants, made you like it and you are mad at him for it?" Knowing Roland's usual 'modus operandi', Bassompierre can safely make this bet.

So you were right first time, Sabine IS angry, but she is also embarrassed because it's quite true. She doesn't like how the conversation is going, so she goes 'whatever' and cuts it short.

Anyway, you are free to imagine the characters as you prefer, the story can be interpreted in many ways. Hope you still like it!

Horseman68Horseman68about 6 years ago
Exceptional Story Continues.

Really glad that I happened back upon this story gem as it is an absorbing read. So much so that, even understanding that life happens, having to wait half a year as for the last chapter was too frustrating. And now, a new chapter after only two months. Your readers are gratefully applauding. And, know that the deft touch shown in the story's previous chapters will continue to guide its path. Bravo.

NatalieJR1983NatalieJR1983about 6 years ago
Thank you

I am an avid reader of many genres. As such, I appreciate a good author. You are fantastic!

garyr19680garyr19680almost 6 years ago
Good story, good ending.

It is a readable and enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks so much

For sharing this wonderful story!

I am binge reading all your recent postings. Just wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love, love, love! You are a very talented writer :)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This took such a wholesome twist-

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous