All Comments on 'Rubber Meets The Road'

by FNS269

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604about 9 years ago
Thank you...

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Why is everything all American?

The Isle of Man is in the United Kingdom; Katy is obviously a local because her house is just a few minutes from the restaurant; and nothing about Kyle indicates that he's anything other than English - there's nothing about him crossing the ocean each year to race in the TT, for example.

So why are the spellings and mannerisms American? It just made the whole story seem slightly surreal.

FNS269FNS269about 9 years agoAuthor
Agree

Anonymous is correct. I neglected to explain why everything is American. That falls on my shoulders. I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

naughtyboy2004naughtyboy2004about 9 years ago
TT

Nice to read a story about the TT.

This year I'm going there on my 32 years old caferacer.

aposiopesisaposiopesisabout 9 years ago
Please find an editor.

The numerous mistakes (alter/altar, prosperity/posterity) and errors in both spelling and grammar ruined what otherwise would have been a very enjoyable story. Attention to detail is important to many of your readers. Don't shortchange yourself.

TriCoastalTriCoastalalmost 5 years ago
Beautiful story.

I can't believe no one has commented on this. As I read it I thought about people like John Surtees, Mike Hailwood, Giacomo Agostini, and Geoff Perry who was on the cusp of greatness when Pan Am screwed up.

This is the first of your stories I've read. I'll read more, but this is hard to beat.

Congratulations.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Very good

Nicely done. Katy took a huge leap of faith, trusting Kyle, when all she really knew of him was his name. But hell, she’s a bike racer - risk is the thrill of her life!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFNS269@FNS269
Arizona man lives life in the present. Has no time for games people play.

SIMILAR Stories