All Comments on 'Rumspringa'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
avidfaavidfaover 9 years ago
Love all your stuff

Nice little story that, like a butterfly, flutters into your sight for a few moments and then is gone. What makes it special is deep respect you always show your characters, it gives them life and makes them live on in my imagination long after the story is gone.

There is a matter-of-fact tone to your writing that I personally really like. Always look forward to your stories and always enjoy them.

mcollectmcollectover 9 years ago
Always write a good story

As soon as I saw your name I had to read this story. You did not disappoint me. Good read and I look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it!!!

And, would love to read more on their lives. The difficulties of meshing two cultures would be an outstanding read!!!

Please consider it DG!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow

Thanks for a great read,Please continue this story Im hooked need more ! Dagoatmandavid said it and Ill always be back for your stories Cya later

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Liked it very much

I have read most of your stories on Lit and am always looking forward to more.

Thank you for sharing them with us

RealDocRealDocover 9 years ago
MORE PLEASE!

You are an outstanding author and this story illustrates that. I would greatly appreciate another chapter or two. Thanks for the great read!

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 9 years ago
For an experienced author

there were rather a lot of silly and easily-correctable errors. And the writing was rather wooden. I won't be reading more from you. Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story foundation

Hope there is more to come from your pen.

motordaddymotordaddyover 9 years ago
I ENJOYED THE STORY

BUT THEN AGAIN I HAVE ENJOYED MOST OF WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN. PLEASE CONTINUE TO TELL THEIR STORY.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Mary's a little young to be a vet

The program takes 8 years of college. If she's 25, she's probably a going-into-4th-year grad student doing clinical rotations, and certainly doesn't have time to go to the beach for two days. If she does have two days when she isn't doing rotations and doesn't need to be studying, she'll be asleep.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Great little story

Good read, I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
An editor who can spell

Get one.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
good so far

curious to see where you will take us

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Authoritive license

DGH, I enjoyed the low-key ambiance of this story. And fun sex!

I understand that you wrote your characters they way you imagineered their backgrounds.

I just wondered why Mary's family would oppose her working to become a veterinarian. Many Mennonites even today are still farmers, even if just part time.

I am speaking from ignorance, so please excuse if I make one of my infinitesimal errors of fact.

The Mennonite community (as Pacifist Christians) certainly deserves one claim to fame.

That is they supply many of the US Military Medical Field Corpsmen. Who have saved the lives of a ,multitude of US servicemen in combat.

Many courageously giving their lives or suffering permanent disabilities from wounds and injuries sustained while saving others.

In addition the Mennonite communities voluntarily supply manpower and assistance during public disasters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More!

I thought the storyline (as far as erotic stories go) was fun, romantic and fairly plausable. The only problem is that we need more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sweet Story ****

D G,

I haven’t been on this site for nearly a year, but tonight decided I needed something to read. I saw you had a story in the Summer Lovin’ contest and thought I’ve always like D G’s stories, I’ll read that one. Most of your facts are right about the Amish and Mennonites and I enjoyed the story.

I have to agree with the comments about grammatical errors. Several would have been caught by just running the story through spell check. And while I did think your dialog was a little wooden I have to disagree with Scotsman69, the story was still very sweet and much better than most of the dribble that’s found on this site. I hope the next time I check in here, I’ll find a second chapter to John and Mary’s story. A HEA chapter please.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
A Romp

Nice little mixture of erotic coupling and romance. The question I would want to ask her is where she would see herself ten years from now. Basically it is a question of whether she intends to follow her career or her family?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Story,But...

What happened?The story was rolling along nicely when all of a sudden it ended,rather abruptly. - I suppose you may be planning a follow-up with what happened at the wedding and afterwards but,as is it leaves the reader high and dry!

ldlarry52ldlarry52over 3 years ago
Little Confusing

Nice read but was the girl Amish or Minnonite? You did a nice job explaining the difference but you referred to her family being Mennonite and then you called her Amish. 4

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 2 years ago

5* Enjoyed it. The descriptions of the Plain People was spot on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Interesting info about the Amish and Mennonite communities. I learned something new today and it is only 8!!! This is a sweet beginning of a potentially very nice story. Let's see how it goes.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY! We have many Amish and Mennonites people in our area, in fact, an Amish bakery across the road. We are very good friends and they are really good people. Besides that, their baking is delicious! Thanks for writing this story.

IFAFILHGIFAFILHG8 months ago

Great story... I'm from Holmes County, Ohio, the largest Amish population in the U.S. ... fun reading

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES