All Comments on 'Run and Hide Pt. 04'

by CC_Ryder

Sort by:
  • 94 Comments
me71me71almost 12 years ago
You made me cry...

This story was so good. I just loved the way you ended it. Lots of potential for Erik's story with visits from all our favourites. Love your work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
O M G!!!

This story is absolutely totaly incredible. I am an avid reader of m/m romance and this is quality writing with superb character development. If I had paid for this, I would have been very satisfied with my purchase. I have been late to work for the last 2 mornings because I can't wait to read the next installment. More please!!!!!!

avidreadravidreadralmost 12 years ago
GREAT STORY

I totally loved this story, It had a very natural flow to it. All the characters were wonderful and very well done. I think my favorite is Paul's mother; just too funny for words. This is one story that makes me want to hear more. I want to know what happens in two years, five years, etc. To me, that's always the sign of a special story.,

FatBottomedGirlFatBottomedGirlalmost 12 years ago
brilliant!

Heartfelt and oh so beautiful. I fell in love with these two. Thank you thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Lover it!

Loved everything about this story: characters, story, flow, all of it. Waiting for your next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
CC Ryder

Four words- get yourself professionally published. You are that good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Part 2

Please? ♥ SO GOOD

please please please please!

honestsoulhonestsoulalmost 12 years ago
loved it, absolutely...!

thank u first of all for posting with such regularity..the entire story was amazing...loved holly! N u made me laugh out loud..it was funny n sweet n well written n had a happy ending, n it even had a villain..thank u so much..pls keep writing..

hk47enclavehk47enclavealmost 12 years ago

So awesome. The romantic in me loves happy endings. Was worried for a moment there about what trouble Tanner might cause but he got put in his place,lol.

Really nice story, will definitely be re-reading this in the future.

:)

scotrik1scotrik1almost 12 years ago
Yes!

Fantastic!! Loved it from start to finish-and didn't lose the story with waiting weeks for chapters! Great writing, great characters, wonderful job CC Ryder! I'll be watching for new stories...if you have a blog or something, I'd love to check it out.

Thank you for Run And Hide!

Scottie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Oh Please!

Please do a story for Erik, I want him to find true love too!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
wow

excellent read, thank you

dedi2305dedi2305almost 12 years ago
Wow

Ok I'm a girl and I don't really know why I started reading this story but once I started I couldn't stop. It is quite simply a beautiful love story It made me laugh and cry and took me on a journey which is the best kind of story You are an awesome writer and I can't wait to read your work Keep it up!!!!

LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiquealmost 12 years ago
Dialogue Dream

Your dialogue is excellent. I almost envy how good you are with this, but that would be unfair, seeing as this was a great story. More please. And soon.

Your characters are real in the sense they are not reduced to being facilitators so a story can move forwards; you gave them a dynamic that made me want to know about all of them, though Paul and Ace were delightful, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Hurray!

I was wondering when we'd be seeing Ace again. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Awesome! Thank you!

mattchu_pichumattchu_pichualmost 12 years ago
Impressive

Super first story here. I hope you'll keep entertaining us with more. I agree with the comment about Eric and would also like to see Tanner tamed after LOTS of heartache.

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08almost 12 years ago
Thanks

RaH left me breathless and cheering at the same time. You have some serious talent. I agree with the comment about getting your stories published. Incredible.

TaGiMLTaGiMLalmost 12 years ago
Well written and so rich in characterization!

You are characters come alive. They seem 3 dimensional and complex, not cliches nor cookie cutter. Best of all it was presented in large sets of chapters, posted regularly. This story was a pleasure to read. I have looked forward every day since it was first posted to reading the newest installment. I loved it and am almost sorry to see it end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
epic

Thank you for sharing this story.

knarf82077knarf82077almost 12 years ago
OMG

This story and these characters draw you in and make you almost feel like you are a part of the story! I would loveyo see how their relationship progresses down the road. Also I would like to see some spin off stories! Excellent writing! Very talented! Thank you for allowing us in!

Cia81Cia81almost 12 years ago
Lovely

You did a great job writing this story. I was honestly disappointed when I got on this morning and didn't find an update. Imagine my smile when I checked back this afternoon and found this last chapter. Thank you for such a wonderful story, and for posting it so quickly! I hope to see more from you soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wow. I am doing my snoopy happy dance now

Thanks for your wonderful story. I have never seen a lit story with more comments than views. Amazing! Just loved this story and that you posted it, in such a way that we could read it and get some sleep and get to work and cook dinner and get all the delicious details of Ace and Paul's lives, well all I can say is thanks again for sharing.

roychelrayroychelrayalmost 12 years ago
No no no nonono

It can't be over?! So amazefreakingwonderful. You are one of the best authors that I have encountered on Lit. This story was spectacular. Ahhhgawwwd please be nice to all of us who have fallen in love with your talented fingers and deign to write us another story, I beg of you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
5 Stars

Please do a followup. A wedding for Paul and Ace perhaps!!!

Also, Erik should get his own story. Maybe Holly can work her charm on Erik and David.

peethreepeethreealmost 12 years ago
Awesome!

What a fantastic story! So glad that I didn't have to wait weeks or longer to see how it ended. I so hope you give an update on them a year or two later starting a family with his brother and Holly. I loved Paul's mother.

KatBalluKatBallualmost 12 years ago
Very very sexy!

What an awesome story. So well written and very very sexy!

ZombieQueenZombieQueenalmost 12 years ago
thank you

i really hope you decide to share more of your work with us

afrodita79afrodita79almost 12 years ago
LOVE IT

Great story... one of the best I ever read... hope you do Erick's story and a follow up on this 2 has the married and have kids... and Paul gives everything ... one can dream.... big fan hope to read you soon

LillywritingLillywritingalmost 12 years ago
Love!

I loved this story from the beginning, but the end is perfect. The characters are so real, even the supporting characters and it just fits- beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Story

I enjoyed the whole story, well written and you felt how the main characters felt as you read the story.

Gene63Gene63almost 12 years ago

OMG...this is one of the best stories I have read!!! All the elements, angst, love, tenderness and even the meddling sister-in-law!!! FANTASTIC!!!

canndcanndalmost 12 years ago
why Dr. Z?

It's great when you see a chapter to a story you're enjoying and are excited to see it. thanks for getting these out one after the other. You killed me in the beginning of this one. I actually skimmed in the beginning (I almost never do that!) getting frustrated with the guys...a week~ go to one another~ jeez~ Make up! I loved the chapter from there on out. The way Ace got to him was cute. I still am not getting the Dr. Z . Please enlighten me. I think one of your strong suits are the characters you create. The smaller characters and even minor ones are very real. I Loved Holly obviously and I enjoyed Helen too.

I really hope you will do Erik's story. He deserves a happy ending :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Love this!

BEST story I've read here in awhile - definitely makes my all-time favorite list to read over and over!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Great story. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
And the award for Most Inspirational Story goes to...

Hi there,

I want to congratulate you on being such a fantastic writer, to begin with - your manner of story telling was vivid and engrossing. It's always a great sign when you can picture everything that's happening as it's happening :) Well done on that!

Secondly, I have to say that this story is a wonderful combination of all the winning elements of readable fiction, but not only that, it is actually one of the most heart-warming and inspirational stories I've ever read. Your characters (outside of being ridiculously and perfectly sexy, together as well as all on their own) were put to incredible use in telling a story of love and courage in the face of fear and intolerance. I really do think you could publish something like this very easily, and it would be a story that would lend some of that courage to others struggling with being gay and feeling on their own, maybe even hopeless.

All of this to say that you write terrifically, and you've written not only a perfectly steamy erotica (kudos on that, by the way, and many thanks :P), but a beautiful love story, with the heart to back it up all the while.

Thank you, so much, for sharing it with us - this is one that I'll be re-reading, whenever the aweful world of dating gets me down :)

Sincerely,

RomanticAtHeart

Bird_Man_RNBird_Man_RNalmost 12 years ago

Awesome...just awesome!!! Loved this story.

TruBlu318TruBlu318almost 12 years ago
amazing!

i just read all of this from start to finish. i couldnt stop! keep writing please!

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

I was waiting and hoping for the moment that Paul would be brave enough to let Ace take his virginity. And just as it happened, the story ended !! How could you not write this part - so cruel.... made me want to tear my hair out in disappointment. Please, please, write another chapter and let us know how they got on after the wedding of Steven and Holly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Perfect!!!

Absolutely LOVED this story!! It was perfect from start to finish - just the right amount of hot sex, humour, angst, conflict, and true romance to keep the heart racing to the very end. Seriously, wouldn't change a thing!

Except, I would kill to find out how it goes for Paul's first time!! Argh, how could you end the story RIGHT WHEN IT WAS ABOUT TO HAPPEN??

Write a follow up to show that part after Steven and Holly's wedding, I beg you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

WOW, so good!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Yay!!!!

LOVED this!!!!!! Beautifully done, in every way. Was never pulled out of the story, absolutely believable characters, and really wonderful thought-provoking moments.

Stellar!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Author's privilege

Yes, it is the author's privilege to end the story where the author chooses, but I have to agree I wanted to read about Ace entering Paul. Especially if Paul gives Ace a little bossy-coaching on how to best relax Paul's muscles first. But one again, it is your privilege, CC. Thanks for a great series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful!

Absolutely loved this. Loved. Thank you.

Ex0ticPrincessEx0ticPrincessalmost 12 years ago

This was great. I was really hoping we'd get to read about Ace entering Paul and them making love facing each other. But, it was really good still :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Fantastic!

Thank you for writing this and sharing this with us. I'm so glad that I found this story; it's absolutely wonderful. Not only are you a great writer who can breathe life into your characters, but you also have an amazing talent of including reality into the story. It was great to see a story that wasn't solely focused on great hot sex, but the different paths that were taken each time the characters made love. It was also refreshing to see the varied reactions that the supporting characters had to Paul's coming out. I hope that someday everyone can find their own Ace who's patient, kind, understanding, and willing to help us with our flaws.

andreanuggetandreanuggetalmost 12 years ago
Loved it!

I absolutely loved the entire story. Keep writing and sharing with us, please!

bienclarbienclaralmost 12 years ago
There is a reason this is on the Top List...

It's AWESOME! I love longer stories and this one made me laugh so much that I'll probably read it all over again in a week's time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you, this story was absolutly beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful

What a great story!! Very hot and breathtaking! Would love an epilogue ;) kids maybe? Cousins playing together? Dad a widow & finding love with a man?? Thanks again for a great read!

ladymaryladymaryalmost 12 years ago
Very talented writer

The writing style reminds me of the romance novels by Jennifer Crusie, I love the way she writes and I felt like I was reading one of her books. (Only with two boys instead of a girl and a boy)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Very good!

I really like longer stories that take time to develop well. If you haven't started yet I'd love to see a story with Erick, would like him to have a happily ever after as well :)

WittePietWittePietover 11 years ago
Excellent story

Beautifully told. I really enjoyed it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved it!!!

Thank you for a lovely story. Can you please write a story about Erik too. Pretty please! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Fanstastic!

The whole story from the first chapter shows a work well planned and effortlessly executed with no rush whatsoever, though the story is written in the third person, it is easy to get so lost in the characters as one feels as one with them, something that most authors will find hard to achieve. its a great story and an awesome read!!

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 11 years ago
Brilliant

From start to finish could not stop absolutely loved it.

modernreadermodernreaderover 11 years ago
Wonderful story.

Wonderful story and beautifully executed from start to finish. Your characters grabbed me and drew me into their story.

redhot93redhot93over 11 years ago
Keep Writing

Loved this story...should really write one about Erik and you can have Holly once again play match maker...love it keep it up and keep writing

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Love this

I completely and utterly love this story. My second time reading this and I still love it. The only thing I can hope for now is that you write another story, hopefully an Erik story. Best of luck to you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow

What a great story, you've really got a talent, keep writing please !

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I absolutely love this story!!!! I've read it so many times and it never ceases to melt my heart!

I think it'd be amazing if you wrote a sequel (of sorts) of Paul's first time bottoming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
in love

I hope to hear more about ace and paul I need to know if thay go any farther I realy to read about them geting married and have kids.?

sugarsmackssugarsmacksabout 11 years ago
Wow

You are a terrific writer. Your characters were engaging and relatable. There was never a boring moment, I was turned on the entire time. Oh and I would love to be Ace's fag hag!

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 11 years ago
Second time around

I love this story more each time I read it and would love to read more from you and yes an update on Paul and Ace and a story about Erik would be great. Loved the ending was beautiful

ramblingrobinramblingrobinalmost 11 years ago
Love it

So sweet. I love this story bunches.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Erik's Turn!

Great story, but I feel sad for Erik and his unrequited love. He needs a story of his own where he ends up as happy as Ace and Paul. I mean, if he can't have Ace, he at least deserves somebody!

Love this story a lot. I'll probably be reading this one again soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
love it but...

I absolutely agree that this story is amazing and I want more on all the characters. But what is up with Paul being called Dr. Z? Did I miss something?

perihelionperihelionover 10 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed your story and look forward to your future work on this site.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
I didn't want this story to finish

One of the best stories.

Fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
YES! Great story!

And I agree with the comment below: ERIK'S TURN IT IS!!

:)

Hutchison12Hutchison12almost 10 years ago
Thanks

Just brilliant,

Have read it twice, love it more each time, hopefully one day you can write some more about their lives together,

Thanks

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 10 years ago

Brilliant as always. Love this story more each time I read it. Must agree would love to read another story about them and their life together

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
wow!!!

That is just beautiful!!!!!! You know the story is very good when you develop pictures in your head as you read. lol. I hope you have written more stuff here because i really like your writing style... Good Job.

baikalisanbaikalisanalmost 10 years ago
What a great adventure!!

I truely enjoyed this world you created. I wish tanner hadn't got off so easily but in the end it all came together just perfectly. Thank you for your wonderful gift of this story!

ilovegibbsilovegibbsover 9 years ago
Incredible!!!

This story was fantastic! You have an amazing talent. I was totally engrossed in the story from the very beginning. I could not stop reading until I finished the entire story, non-stop. So wonderful. I felt directly involved with your characters, like I was part of their lives. Your story was touching, emotional, dramatic, exciting and incredibly gripping. Thank you. I hope to read more about Ace and Paul. I definitely want to read more of your work. Great Job!!!

brijeonbrijeonover 9 years ago
READ Again

I just read this story twice. I would love for you to update on the guys. Please give Erik his own story PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE.

Haphaestion2004Haphaestion2004over 9 years ago
It certainly was a very good read

At times, adversity and misery were palpable - quite an intense story.

I wish that "Baby Steps" were the remedy to cure the hatred that still exists in our society for very specific groups of people - unfortunately, I don't think it will be that easy to cure such a malaise.

I would love to read a story about Erik - he was sweet.

sm1982sm1982over 9 years ago
Amazing!

Yes to Ace and Paul making up and telling each other how in love they are to the other! Thank God Paul stood on his chair to make it loud and clear that he was gay and announced who he loved so Tanner's thick skull could finally see what he had to offer compared very little to the real love Ace and Paul shared!

The way you showed the positive and negative reactions to Paul "coming out" is very real and shows progress, like with Paul's father, and survival, in terms of long time clients.

Great story overall! Hopefully you'll get the writing fever again and want to write more stories, hopefully one about Erik..and possibly a match with David!

TesoroMioTesoroMioabout 9 years ago
Tanner needs to be put in his place.

Maybe instead of an announcement to the restaurant (which would embarrass me) he should tell Tanner off. "Do you have any idea how unattractive 'desperate and vicious' is? It's time for you to grow up. Now on your way. No one wants you here." Or maybe "Go try manipulative slut with kids your own age. The grown ups have had enough." What a jerk.

Love love love this series. True love. Real life anxiety and coping. Two distinct characters. Quality writing.

Hutchison12Hutchison12almost 9 years ago
Just fantastic

Just read the series again after sometime, and just love it, the way it's written the characters and the interactions, Great writing

Thank you, hope you will share your skill with us again

chrisunderchrisunderover 8 years ago
Highly recommended

I was just browsing in the top stories when I came across this story, I got curious so I read the first chapter it then blew me away because this is actually great stuff. I just couldn't stop reading, congrats!

LLAPLLAPover 8 years ago
Praise & The Reason Why Paul is called Dr Z

1) The author explained in the comments of a previous chapter, that Paul was called Zane first (if I remember correctly) before the name was changed to Paul (by find/replace). The problem: The author completely forgot about the Dr Z which now doesn't make much sense anymore.

Personally I just think of Zane as his middle name. Dr Paul Z. (And now I just forgot his last name)

2) For the author: It's been 3 and a half years since this chapter. Are you published yet? Are you thinking of getting published? If so, please please please don't forget to update your profile here and let us know in your bio where to get your wonderful books!! And if you are having one of those internal struggles between your cowardly angel and the know-it-all about getting published: Just do it!!! :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Best story everrrrr!!!

You know I actually said to myself "lemme try this one out" and bam!!!! God the shock of my life!! Best story everrrrr!! Does Erik get a story of his own? It would be nice :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
That was really great

😍 it. It was really good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

A truly great story. It had me laughing, crying ,and upset. That Tanner kid was a real ass, but got his in the end. Would love to have a friend like Holly. Such a terrific and understanding young woman. Keep up the good work.

Hutchison12Hutchison12about 8 years ago
Amazing

Have just read this again after a long while, loved it even more the second time.

Hope that one day a follow on with the visit to South Carolina, kids would be fantastic, you have a fantastic skill and thanks for sharing with us.

LadyKSnowLadyKSnowover 7 years ago
One of my favorites

One of my favorite series on this site. I've read it several times. Love Ace and Paul and their crazy chemistry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
read this again

loved it again and again. HOpe Erik finds someone too

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Best of the Best

I love this story and the reality of it all. Great short story. I still miss Romanelli Grille too BTW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 Stars throughout the series

Great job

Ginger630Ginger630about 3 years ago

Loved this story!!!!

dnsontndnsontnalmost 3 years ago

Author! Author! This story, this love story could not have been better told. Thank you CC, thank you...

microkrittermicrokritter7 months ago

I think this is my third time reading this beautiful story and I loved it like the first time. Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous