All Comments on 'Runner Girl Ch. 08'

by DonnaBeck

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
dennybrosedennybrosealmost 9 years ago

I'm frustrated John ended up having sex with Sarah, but I get his conflict. I'm anxious to see how he'll handle his "status" with Amy at this point and handle Sarah as well. I appreciate that you wrote these complex characters; it's very realistic and fun to read.

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 9 years ago

I'm so mad at John.

He and Amy haven't established exclusivity, but John clearly has his misgivings and knows it's wrong for him to have sex with Sarah. It's good he's taking action by changing his locks, but he really needs to be straight with Sarah, not just expect her to take the hint when she can't get into his place.

I see this being an issue later in the story.

I love the beautiful, complex characters in your stories! Keep it up:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story!

But it is time to dump Sarah. There are some dark clouds on the horizon :(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
John is a lovable SKANK

Ergo poor Amy should be insistent on condoms. I am loving them as a couple but cringe everytime they don't use protection. William had been celibate for a while at least so totes understandable that they didn't feel the need for rubbers. But John....John is a ho-bag, hopefully a really lucky ho-bag who has somehow managed to not be infected with a myriad of STDs. I love your writing and I know plenty of folks who get caught up in the moment and forego safety but....well I am just type/babbling so I shall stop.

But not before I ask one quick question. Will Ray and Alicia be making an appearance?

DonnaBeckDonnaBeckalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Love the comments

Oh, this is making me really happy. I know you are invested in my story if you are getting angry at a character! Lol. (Funny, in the past I've been accused of making too big an issues of safe sex.) I've had characters take breaks from sex for various reasons, but I could think of no good reason why John would. He's been used to woman making themselves available and he's going to need to evolve! Of course I won't tell what's coming, but thank you for caring. DB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Worm

Amy and John didn't declare exclusitivity but it was implied. John had gone back to being a pompous ass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I want to start off by saying you are a really good writer. You are able to bring your characters to life. Out of the three stories this one was going to be my favorite until John had sex with Sarah. I was loving everything especially the conversation between the brain and the dick. It felt like I died a little when he caved in and had sex. I was hurt, angry and was hoping he would feel guilty and confess....but to have sex in the car just shows he has no conscience . I know its fiction but I can't help but feel she deserves someone better. I mean he showed empathy for her. HE cried for her. When Amy said she was going to be okay, even he said the WE bit. Something which made me love his character more. I thought they (john and Amy ) had a real strong connection but I guess he hasn't reached that stage yet.

LustKnightLustKnightalmost 9 years ago
Enjoying the story...

...as always, Donna. John's an ass, but characters need change and stories need conflict, or why would we bother reading them?

DoctimeDoctimealmost 9 years ago

Donna, you are right when you say not to get angry with a character in a story. HOWEVER, it is acceptable when the character is a "fucking asshole." It is going to be a little hard for me to start likeing him again.

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Just as they alway told me

No man can resist a woman who is determined to have sex! Women need to brand their men..... On the other hand he was just doing what he always had done.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
I am betting DB had fun writing this chapter

Poor, poor John. He gets to be labelled as a slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
John smh

I love your writing! You really made me feel for Amy. I feel like she could be a friend. John really disappointed me. Just because they didn't mention exclusitivity doesn't mean it wasn't implied. But I guess he is pretty typical of most men. They think with their little brains. He got jealous of her goimg on a date but he's sleeping with another woman! I have all these feelings which is a good sign of a talented writer! Keep up the good work! John needs his butt kicked or something. He should be made to suffer a little!

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 7 years ago
ADORE the morning-after girl-chat!! Too delicious!!

These chapters are so brief...I haven't been notating as they unfold.

John had some leftover halo equity from William and Tracy's story; however,

the more I learn about his behavior? He's too calculating for my taste.

I'm not remembering any actual sincerity. (STD lurking?)

I care about Amy. John? Not-so-much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Missing story?

Continuity seems to be lacking throughout this story. John fights at the club but our lights seem to have gone dark.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDonnaBeck@DonnaBeck
Hi Lit - readers, It has been suggested that I give the order of the trilogy; Subway, Flower, and Runner Girl. I have two short stories on here as well. I am currently writing erotica. I expect the new piece to be out around the first of the year. Thank you for your intere...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES