Running with Wolves Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Storm, Thunder, is she your Destined Mate?"

Everyone was a bit stunned. Another one?

The twins answered together. "Yes Alpha."

"You aren't touching her." Dominic snarled. In that moment, Kate thought he looked terrifying.

Orion tried to calm him down. "I understand this may be a bit shocking-"

"You don't understand anything!" Dominic looked back at Samantha. "Are you all right?"

Kate took a moment to look at Samantha. The girl looked petrified, her hands shaking and eyes wide. Her eyes were locked on the twins.

Jarod shook her a bit. "Samantha?" She just kept shaking.

Dominic tried to get her to respond to him, but she wouldn't take her eyes off the twins. Her stance was that of someone who was trying not to bolt.

"Damn it. Samantha, give me Penny." Jarod reach forward and she gave him the baby without a fight. She then fell into Dominic's open arms, still looking scared.

Both the twins growled at the contact between the two. Any unmated male would be seen as a threat and Dominic was no exception. Misty didn't like it either, but she stayed quiet as the two others took a step forward.

"Give her back!"

"She is ours!"

"She belongs with us!"

"I don't belong to ANYONE!" Everyone froze when Samantha screamed at them. "Stop saying that! I don't belong to you. I don't belong to anybody!" She began crying then. Kate got the hint that there was something much deeper going on here that no one else was queuing in on, so she decided to step in.

"Samantha?" The mother turned to Kate's voice. "Sweetheart, I know this is a lot right now. But I need you to trust me, OK?"

Samantha nodded, so she approached. "We are going to take Penny, and you and I are going to go to the cars, all right? I think," Kate directed her words towards the Alphas but kept her eyes on Samantha "that this is a bit much for right now, and that we just need to get to the Den so that we can cool off and get some rest, before we sort these things out. Is that all right Samantha?"

Samantha's eyes flicked around like prey looking for a way to escape. She nodded quickly, taking Penny back from Jarod and moving towards Kate.

"Take her to the SUV, Kate." Sol's word was all the permission she needed. Kate put her arm around the girl and guided her away from the excitement. The poor thing grabbed her shirt and cried silently into it. Something had been triggered by what the twins had done and she needed to be separated for a time. The Den was the best place to sort this out. After Pine Glen said their piece and got what they came for, they could all go home and ease their two new Destined Mates into the pack.

Everything would be fine, as long as nothing else drastic happened.

Kate turned and froze after taking two steps in the direction of the cars.

Behind everyone, where no one had noticed, Augustine had pinned Ben to the wall to get him under control and was now just staring at him. Ben looked confused too, but wasn't fighting her to get away. Her nose was taking deep drags of his scent, and her eyes were shifting from hazel to gold.

Oh hell.