All Comments on 'Running with Wolves Ch. 07'

by BlueWolfDancer4454

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
Littlecat76Littlecat76about 8 years ago
Great to see an update

But felt this one added less than others, I understand not all chapters are going to be all action but the whole time after they were discovered in the fight I'm wondering where's Flint, why aren't they checking on him (given they seem to have pseudo adopted him into their family), why did they give in so easily about their belongings when they've stuck to their guns so strongly before? I guess I felt this chapter was a bit rushed to move the story on (obviously if they continue to argue everything the story will never progress) but there wasn't a great transition of why after such a violent encounter they suddenly decide to start accepting things now.

But I still love this story, it is such a refreshing view on human mates and can't wait for the next installment.

Ellienora35Ellienora35about 8 years ago
Medicine

Is Penny suddenly well? No one told the wolves (who heal faster and get sick less) how important that medicine was. When the alphas asked what they needed, Dominic should have spoken up. Unless Penny is just miraculously well without it which doesn't seem likely. Also, nothing happens to the guard dog for getting distracted and causing the whole thing to begin with? I think she and her mate deserve a consequence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Patience is a virtue

I am loving this story and enjoying the details very much. Please disregard those that constantly want action. You need a build up and details to make a story what it is. The meat and potatoes make the meal delicious!

I only noticed a few errors in wording such as "been" when it should have been "be." I would have to scroll back, but honestly, it did NOT detract from the story. Please, please do continue. I am very happy you are sharing your imagination with us.

SisterRobinSisterRobinabout 8 years ago
Wonderful yarn

Currently, this is my favourite were story on Lit.

Your world is unique, and that's the highest praise that I can give.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story! But...

I'm wondering if the "gay" rule amongst the wolves is going to also negatively effect Dominic like it will Garrett, since Dom too has been with men many times? Not to mention the fact that he was a prostitute - a mostly gay male prostitute. I think this is a huge reason why Misty is having difficulty bonding/mating with Dom. I can't say I blame her. I mean, she did smell other men on him the day they first bumped into each other, & she knew he'd had sex with them. As a woman, as well as a wolf with these strict beliefs, I definitely don't think that was attractive or appealing to her at all! She probably also knew in that moment that her pack would NEVER accept or respect Dom as alpha. When wolves like Lark find out Dom was a gay/bi male prostitute, they'll have a field day, no matter what the alpha or madame says or commands.

On another note, I'm thinking that Flint will wind up with Garrett...I get the impression that Flint is also gay. Am I wrong? There were a few times I thought he might be attracted to Dom as well. I'm guessing that if F&G get together, with Flint already being an outcast of sorts, that he & Garrett will have to eventually leave. I think finding Garrett as his mate will help him to finally be able to shift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Still hoping...

I'm still hoping this story will be a pleasent surprise and not cliche, but my predictions won't be proven one way or another until later chapters, so in that regard please write more, and faster! It's well written and engaging, but my earlier fears about the overall story are still in place.

I personally believe the pack is getting too many chances, giving too many excuses and forcing themselves upon Dominic and there friends with little repercussion from Dominics group beyond a loud bark and posturing, but I suppose a Shakespearean tragedy is not what one should realisticly hope for on literotica, even if it would be deliciously interesting and different especially when written well.

Ellienora35Ellienora35about 8 years ago
Reread

Earlier, Dominic and his people decode to go for the medicine because they are super worried about Penny. When he explains she they left, why doesn't he ask Sol how long they are supposed to wait for things they need? Until Penny or Flint die? If that is how it is to be taken care of by the pack? If the medicine was important, it was. If not, it isn't. I am very quickly losing respect for Sol as she handles this badly over and over again. She is letting a "newly mated" pair off for not following orders that almost got her son killed and it's like she just shrugged it off.

I would not be caring so much if I didn't absolutely love the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Pick up the pace man....

This is a good story, but the pace is just too slow.

7 chapters in and they just got introduced. At this pace the story will take over 50 chapters for some significant events to occur.

I suggest you check Magicwrtr's work.

He is the only author who Ive found that actually completes his series. And he has the ability to tell a great amount of story in just a few chapters.

Maybe reading his stuff will give you some ideas on how to pace your stuff.

Anyways nice job and keep writing. tc

biercebierceabout 8 years ago
Well conceived story

Most enjoyable. Love the characters and development. Please share more. Thanks

SuezeQSuezeQabout 8 years ago

Great story...well written...addictive.

So much so, that I am pissed that the Wolves are calling all the shots. This meeting was totally crappy. Once again they are being controlled (like a experiment) and bullied. No consideration has been given to the group's obvious mental issues.

As I said, the story is so well written, it is easy to become attached to the characters.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 8 years ago
You can't update quickly enough for me.

Really enjoying this. Thanks for writing!

geemeedeegeemeedeeabout 8 years ago

I love the concept of this story, and I check the site daily for an update. But I had two issues with this chapter, because events seemed out of character for Dominic. 1) As other commenters mentioned, why didn't Dominic ask for Penny's medication when he had the chance? That was what started the whole incident. 2) Why didn't Dominic or Garrett) ask for an update on Flint? If he's a part of Dominic's "pack" now, why isn't he more concerned?

I also agree with earlier commenters about how the wolves are treating them. There have been other humans to join the pack, so the alphas should know by now that they need more explanation than wolves do. Just saying, "these are our ways" isn't gonna cut it. A "your belongings have too many smells that are offensive to wolves," or something of the sort, would have sufficed. BTW, I really really like that Sol is the dominant of the alpha pair. If the pack is willing to accept a woman as the leader, you'd think they'd be more open to gay wolves. Luna doesn't make mistakes, right?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

More please. Please post soon.

TotchaaTotchaaalmost 8 years ago
Good story, although...

At this point as a reader you just have to question whether it's the pack that are a bunch of idiots or the alphas beeing completely incompetent. Has there not been enought mistakes and death threats made to the new "pack members" at this point?

I don't care if they are werewolfs, animals or whatever the way Flint acted was just feral and animals like that get put down.

I really do like your story though, keep going!

TotchaaTotchaaalmost 8 years ago

I meant Lark, not Flint, in previous comment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Totchaa - I second that emotion:)

I tried to make similar comments after ch12, but being Anonymous, I'm only allowed one comment per chapter.

rewski84rewski84over 7 years ago
Confused and Conflicted...

This may be a little late considering you're already on chapter 19, but I hope you see this:

I just wanted to expand on what Geemeedee touched on about Solar being the main Alpha -- if the goddess Luna is never wrong with that, or with anything for that matter -- why would it be such a stretch or impossibility that any same sex matings wouldn't also be protected or sanctioned by any Alpha (past or present) as anything but acceptable? Again, Luna can't be wrong, so that's what's confusing me regarding the gist of your story.

Also, I agree with Totchaa regarding the alpha pair possibly being incompetent. If the alphas decree something, then it's basically law, is it not? Yet, they admit they can't control the actions of their subordinates. I don't get it. And yes, I do realize that this is your story and your world, but still... (sorry, this bit is just nagging at me)

All in all, your story overall is not only fantastic, but also refreshing for your take on a story about werewolves. Thank you for that.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 7 years ago
Again...

The aspect of mischievous humor comes to play here. Tossing a tennis ball down a hallway and seeing how many wolves jump at it.

I like the serious tone you are taking and having the Old World standards for the wolves here.

On to the next.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What a great read!

Truly, in this time of Pandemic Covid-19... I needed something to relax into and enjoy. This is the perfect get-away. Thank you for creating this wonderful space. I'd sign in, but I'm borrowing a computer. Cheers.

-- Donnatah, fellow lit writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous