Running with Wolves Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Like all packs, there were often disputes that needed to be handled in wolf form, such as a wolf trying to rise in the ranks. For those types of battles, outside locations were used so as not to damage the Den, and to give the pack room to watch. Like any other fight, the pack had turned out to witness the battle. That was what gave the humans pause.

Surrounding the circle of dirt, weaving in and out of the lights created by torches and lanterns, were hundreds of the pack. Many were already in wolf form and all were hyped up for the coming brawl. It was especially crowded because of all the rumors and whispers that had been floating around the Den. Everyone wanted to have front row seats to see what would happen between the twins, the strongest Betas of the pack, and Dominic, the human strong enough to create a bond without a mating mark.

Orion entered the ring, joining the twins who were already in the center of the circle and taking Dominic along with him. Since it was to be males fighting, Orion was the one refereeing the fight.

Flint felt his sister approaching him as his father took Dominic away with him. He turned to greet her, then he laid into her. "What the fuck is this, Misty? You all know damn well Dominic isn't in any position to take on the twins right now. I don't care how pissed you are, this isn't right."

Misty crossed her arms, her eyes never leaving Dominic's back. "He wants to fight for his rights to her. The twins know they can't kill him, so there is no danger. He brought this on himself."

"Will someone please tell us what this is about?" Samantha's worry was thick in her voice. "Why are we out here?"

Misty answered the woman's question with a glare. "Apparently he doesn't plan on giving you up, so the Storm and Thunder have challenged him for their rights to you."

"Their rights?" Jarod asked.

Misty looked away and back to Dominic. Her eyes were beginning to glow. "You must be one hell of a bed partner, Samantha, if he is willing to take on our strongest Betas just to keep fucking you."

Flint snarled at his sister, making her jump in surprise. "You need to back the fuck off, sister. Just because Dominic found a partner and had a child before you found him doesn't mean you can justify letting him go into this fight at a complete disadvantage. You can't punish him for being human and being able to have a family in the human world." As he spoke the words, there was a commotion in the field. Something was wrong with Dominic, but his father seemed to be handling it. Misty huffed at her brother, before walking off into the crowd. Flint continued to glare at the spot where she disappeared.

Jarod piped up from the back of the group, his voice concerned. "Uh, Flint? About what you just said..."

*

Dominic was doing his best not to throw up his dinner as Orion guided him to the center of the "killing field" as he had named it in his head. His two executioners were standing like statues in the center. Two tall, massive, glaring, basketball shorts wearing Greek statues.

Dominic was ready for the fear to try and take hold, like before in the infirmary. However, it didn't come. Instead of panic, a feeling of resolve settled over him, fuelled by anger and possessiveness. These two assholes were planning on taking Samantha away from them: off to do God knows what to her. She was the most fragile of his patchwork family, and one of the strongest. He loved her, and wouldn't see any more harm come to her. She had had a hard enough life as it was without two brutes trying to take her away from the only people she ever called family. Not to mention they were also planning to steal Penny away as well. What the hell were they going to do with the baby? Flip a coin to see who kept her while the other claimed Samantha? Fuck no. He wouldn't let that happen.

As his resolve set in, the alien presence that had been dwelling in the back of his mind since the day in the clearing suddenly rose up, but this time he was fully conscious of it. It rose to the surface of his consciousness, taking on an image of a swirling mass of black energy in his mind's eye. It would at times take on the shapes of a wolf, a snarling face or a swiping paw, but mostly it stayed in an unrecognizable undulating mass of energy and aggression.

As they finally made it to the center, Dominic could feel a power begin to fill him, giving him a desire and confidence to take on the two challengers before him. They were trying to take something of his. They would regret it.

Dominic could hear Orion was saying something, talking directly to him or the crowd: he wasn't sure. He wasn't paying attention to anything besides the two men in front of him. They were much taller, broader, and probably had more training when it came to fighting, not to mention the fight was taking place in their territory while being surrounded by their people. Those facts fazed Dominic for a split second, before the wolf inside him pushed the worry away and replaced it with overwhelming confidence. He could take them on. He'd won harder fights and had already taken down some of their people before.

As they stood facing off, the tension continued to grow. The twins weren't backing down from his glare, keeping their eyes locked on his in challenge, and it was pushing Dominic in a way he didn't quite understand. Their lack of submission to him was making him angry and driving him to show he was more powerful, a better fighter, a stronger wolf than them.

The instincts inside Dominic suddenly surged forward, and he was blindsided with pain. He gasped from the suddenness of it, the contents of his stomach almost coming up as he did. His body felt like it was on fire, like he had just finished a third high intensity workout and every muscle in his body was burning from being stretched and over used.

The pain knocked some sense into Dominic, clearing his mind long enough to realize that what he was thinking was complete bullshit.

He couldn't take those two on, even in their human forms. They would kick his ass before he even got one good hit in, which they probably wouldn't even feel all that much. Then when they were done, more than likely they would turn into wolves and play tug-a-war with his body until he was torn apart and they got bored.

The instincts tried to push forward again, but this time Dominic shoved them down. It was hard to do, but he managed.

"Dominic?" There was a hand on his shoulder. Dominic shocked himself by snarling and swatted the hand away. Orion looked just as surprised. "Calm down, Dominic. Control the instincts within you, don't allow them to manifest."

The big man looked calm but the new part of Dominic could tell that there was an underlying power within Orion that demanded respect and submission. It was subtle, but enough to calm the power within Dominic so he could once again gain full control of his body. "I'm sorry, Orion. I don't know what that was." He had the sudden impulse to look down to the ground.

"It is fine. Just don't allow it to happen again. Now, did you hear anything I just said?" Dominic shook his head. "I asked if you would be willing to dissolve your relations with Samantha and Penny, allowing Thunder and Storm to have what is rightfully theirs?"

Dominic shook his head. "You aren't taking them away. I won't let you have them."

Orion sighed. "Very well then. Storm, Thunder, since this a fight with a human the rules of engagement are different. Only one of you will be fighting Dominic for your mating rights, and there will be no shifting. Choose now." The twins glanced at one another. Without words they conversed between themselves, before one of them stepped back and left for the edge of the ring. "Thunder it is. Dominic, if you are able to defeat Samantha's Destined wolf, then you may keep your relationship as it is. However, if Thunder should win this fight, you must concede and allow them to-"

"Dominic!" Flint's voice cut off his father's speech. Everyone turned shocked eyes to the guy sitting in the wheelchair.

Orion looked slightly irked by his son's interruption. "What is it, son?"

Flint looked just as annoyed. "I need to talk to him, Dad. It will only take a second."

There was a rumble through the crowd. None of them seemed pleased that the fight was being interrupted. Dominic looked to Orion for permission to leave, which he was given with a nod.

The first few steps Dominic took were backwards. He didn't want to lose the staring contest he and Thunder were having, but after a half a dozen steps he finally turned his back on the two left in the circle and began jogging back to his people.

Looking at them, it was clear something was up. Flint looked pissed, Samantha looked embarrassed, and the others ranged between those two emotions. It didn't take long to get to them.

"What is it, Flint? What the fuck is this whole thing about?"

Flint shook his head. "That's what I wanted to tell you. Apparently no one actually explained this to you." He motioned Dominic to come closer.

Dominic knelt next to Flint so they could speak in lower voices. "Then explain it to me."

"An Allocation Ceremonial is held when a Destined finds their mate, but for some reason the wolf isn't being allowed to mate with them. Usually it's a dispute between packs, like if the Destined pair are from rival packs. The Alphas may fight to see who gets the pair in their pack. They also use this ceremony if Alphas are fighting to see who is stronger when two packs are joining or trading members.

"There is only one other time this Ceremonial is incited. Sometimes, when a wolf finds their Destined, their mate has already created a mating bond with someone else. They do it when they lose hope they will ever find their real Destined, or when they had a Destined but they passed, and want to settle with someone else they are close to.

"If one of those two mated wolves ends up finding their Destined, then both wolves in that pair must agree to sever the bond between them to allow the Destined mating to occur. Do you understand?"

Dominic nodded. "But what does that have to do with us?"

Samantha answered his question. "Dominic, they think you and I are in a relationship. They think Penny is yours."

Dominic froze. "What?"

Flint bit his lip. "I'm sorry, Dominic. Humans can have children with anyone, so it made sense to us that you were the father of Samantha's child. If a wolf finds their mate and that wolf has already had one Destined that passed whom they had children with, the new Destined wolf adopts the children as their own."

Dominic was starting to put the pieces together. "So, this fight..."

"The twins think that you are mated with Samantha and had a child. When they thought you were refusing to allow the mating to be dissolved between you, they decided to fight you for her. If they won you would have to allow them to court and, if all went well, mate with her. If you won, then you could continue being her mate."

Dominic's head was spinning. "So, basically what you're saying, they want us to get a divorce, so that they can marry Samantha and adopt Penny?"

Flint looked a bit confused. "If divorce means dissolve your mating then, yes. That what they want."

It was dead silent between them. Dominic couldn't even speak he was so flabbergasted. He tried to speak, tried to say something, but nothing would come out. He looked from Flint to Samantha, who was beet-red with embarrassment, and back to Flint.

"Dominic?" Samantha's voice broke through the shock. "Just tell them. End this."

Dominic looked back at his friend, seeing the humiliation in her eyes. "Samantha..."

"It's fine. Just do it, Dominic." The resolve in her voice decided him. He knew what he was about to reveal to these people was really none of their business, but more than likely it would be necessary in order to clear up this mess. He nodded, standing back up and giving Samantha a smile. When he placed his hand against her face, they could hear to snarls come from behind them.

Giving one last look of gratitude to Flint, Dominic began making his way back to his waiting opponent. Orion had a curious look on his face, while Thunder looked ready to kill Dominic where he stood.

"Are you finished with your little stall?" Thunder snarled. His body was shaking, his eyes glowing bright in the torch light. Dominic wasn't fazed. He had the power in this scenario because he knew what they did not.

"Apparently, you people have made a serious miscalculation."

Orion's head tilted slightly. "And what would that be?"

Dominic glared at Thunder. "Samantha and I are not a couple, and Penny isn't my daughter."

The growl that had been rumbling in Thunder's chest from the moment he had stepped foot in the field abruptly stopped. Everyone in the clearing became very quiet.

Thunder finally responded. "What?"

"Yeah, that's about the reaction I had. Samantha and I are not romantically involved, and have never been sexually."

"Then why did you say you weren't going to give her up? Why do you reek of her every time someone comes near you?" Storm came stalking up to them, clearly pissed.

Dominic didn't back down. "Had I known it was that type of relationship you were asking me to disband I wouldn't have. I was under the impression you wanted me to break all contact with them, which is something I will not do."

"Of course not, Dominic. You are Samantha's family; we would never expect you to drop all contact with her." Orion was working to keep the whole situation calm.

"And as for smelling like her; we do share a bed. Penny doesn't sleep well without her mom close and I'm awake most nights so I take care of the baby when she wakes up in the middle of the night." Dominic crossed his arms, daring them to take issue with what he had just said. Both seemed torn by the information given to them.

"Then who is he?" Thunder growled, glaring at the rest of Dominic's male friends. "Which one is the father?"

Dominic stepped into their line of sight. He knew they would ask. "It isn't one of them."

"Then who is it? Unless he is dead, we have to make sure that our claim will not be challenged should the father try and claim the child."

Dominic didn't answer right away. He didn't want to reveal this in front of so many people. It wasn't something they needed to know.

"I don't know who the father is." Samantha began walking towards the center of the circle, Penny still securely in her arms. The twins instantly had a reaction to her drawing near. Their postures lost their aggression, their eyes flashed bright, and the rumble returned but without the hostility.

Samantha stopped just behind Dominic on his right. "I don't know who the father is, so there is no one to try and lay claim to her. So please, don't go through with this fight. Don't hurt Dominic."

Her plea seemed to completely defuse the two giants, resolving the situation. Dominic could practically feel the pack's disappointment as they began to disperse. Soon, all that was left was the small group in the field, and the rest of Dominic's group. Misty was standing at the trailhead, waiting for Dominic.

*

"Come on Dom. Let's go back." Samantha was so tired and embarrassed. All she wanted to do was go back to her room so she could curl up in her bed and cry.

"Wait-" One of the twins, Thunder, went to reach for her but stopped himself. There was a desperation in his golden eyes. Samantha paused in her retreat. "May we speak with you? Please, Samantha, just for a moment."

Samantha tried to ignore the draw she felt to the two men. It had been becoming more pronounced over the last few days, ever since Sol had told them the wolves were going to be allowed to see them. As much as she didn't want to be close to these men, a part of her was practically screaming for her to at least talk to them. Feeling torn, she looked to the person she trusted the most.

Dominic just shrugged. "If you feel safe, I'll do what you want."

That was something she loved about Dominic. He trusted her to make her own decisions, but he always made it clear that if she needed protection, he was right there and ready.

She looked back to the two men. They were so much bigger than her, more powerful, but the looks on their faces seemed genuine enough for her to believe.

"For a little bit. Not too long." She gave Dominic one more glance to make sure he understood before he walked away.

She would stay to talk, but any longer than a few minutes and he was to come looking for her. She knew he would come if she took too long.

With a nod, Dominic began walking to collect Jarod and the others. Orion followed after giving his own smile of encouragement. His didn't have near the affect as if Dominic had given her one.

The twins looked thrilled that she had agreed to talk with them. It was in their eyes and smiles. Their beauty made Samantha's heart flutter.

They had strong features; square jaws, high cheekbones, that sort of thing. Their hair was a dirty blond, not quite long enough to pull back into a ponytail. They kept it brushed back and held with a little bit of hair product. They were so much taller than her. She was only 5'4", so she was use to being shorter than most men, but with them it was almost ridiculous. They had to be around 6'8". Their chests were just as massive, stretching as wide as her shoulders, with thick patches of hair that went all the way down to meet the happy trail disappearing into their shorts. She did her best to ignore what peeked through the nylon as she took in their powerful thighs and large calves. They were so strong looking. It made her feel completely insignificant in comparison.

Samantha stayed completely still as Storm and Thunder took her in as well. Her black hair was loose, as usual, reaching her mid back. She was shorter, even for a girl, and because of that, the baby fat she still had on her was even more pronounced. She had a soft tummy still, and the rest of the weight had settled into her butt and thighs. Her breasts had also gotten bigger with pregnancy, easily filling a c-cup. She wasn't at all ashamed of her body, but being appraised by two god-like men wasn't exactly helping her self esteem. At least their eyes weren't glowing anymore.

"Thank you for staying to talk with us." Thunder smiled widely at her.

"We know it may be uncomfortable for you." Storm took a step forward so he was level with his brother.

Samantha nodded her head, shifting Penny, who was beginning to fuss. She had gone down for an early nap and was now up past her bedtime.

Both men watched her baby squirm. They seemed concerned by her struggle. "What is wrong with her? Is she sick?"

Samantha finally got her daughter settled, laying Penny facedown on her shoulder with her face buried in her neck. "No, not sick. Just tired. She's been awake for a long time."

Before Samantha could react, both brothers were within inches of her, sniffing at the two of them. She froze, not understanding what they were doing.

"So small." Storm reached out to touch Penny, which was too much for Samantha. She quickly backed away. Storm and Thunder looked surprised and slightly hurt by her rejection, but didn't move any closer.

"I'm sorry. We did not mean to frighten you."

"We would never hurt you, or your daughter." Together they moved back a step, giving Samantha room to feel comfortable. She stared them down, making sure they didn't make another move like that.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Her words came out softer than she wanted, but any louder and her voice may crack. She needed to keep her composure.

Thunder was the one who answered. "We wanted to apologize for our first meeting. It frightened you, and we did not mean to. We wanted to properly introduce ourselves to you." When she didn't interrupt, he continued. "My name is Thunder Five Rivers. I am the highest ranking Beta in the Five Rivers Pack, and guard to our Madam Alpha."