Running with Wolves Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Samantha found it amusing from an outside perspective, but Pearl was clearly being effected. She was smothering in her need to help and make sure they were being taken care of. She even pulled out Samantha's chair so she wouldn't have to adjust Penny, who had fallen asleep.

"Pearl, really, it's okay." Jarod tried to sooth the poor werewolf's nerves, but she just shook her head.

"No it isn't. Misty is right, I was lacks and now if the Alphas find out I may never get to be with my mate again. They will take him out of the security room and I'll be sent off to work in the city and the only time I'll be able to talk with him is when I can focus on our bond-"

"Pearl, relax. Take a breath. No one is sending you to the city." Dominic plopped down in his own chair, ignoring the fuming girl at his side. "Now about those pancakes."

"Would you shut up about the damn pancakes? I don't even know why you think I'm making you any. I'm only making them for Augustine so she will get out from under the bed." Ben was talking with the staff, asking permission before rummaging around the large cabinets. He started pulling out mixing bowls and utensils, then wandered off to pick up ingredients from the industrial size fridges. His face was still red from his nose to his ears by the time he was done.

Samantha, still not knowing what exactly was going on, inquired about their predicament. "Why are you guys so excited about these pancakes? Are they magical or something?"

Jarod's eyes lit up. "Damn straight!"

"I have been told the same of my food. I hope you don't feel the need to cook your own because you have gotten tired of my meals." An elderly woman, one that Samantha had never met before, came in from a separate room with a bag of potatoes slung over her shoulder. She smiled warmly at the invaders, placing a kiss on top of Misty's head as she passed. "Though I must say, it is nice to see one of the big strong males lowering himself to do woman's work." The other women and girls in the kitchen made joking remarks echoing the elderly woman's sentiment. From behind, Samantha watched as Ben's ears and neck grew a few shades darker than they already were.

The atmosphere changed a little as the kitchen staff continued to rib at Ben. Dominic stiffened noticeably, as did Jarod. Both stood and flanked Ben, joining the jokes about doing their part. Jarod practically ripped the bowl Ben was using to mash up bananas from him. Dominic helped by cracking the eggs and beating them with a fork. For Samantha the scene wasn't a strange one; they often all pitched in to cook and clean, but the way Dominic and Jarod seemed to be protecting Ben from something made her worry. There was still a lot about her friends she didn't know even if they were a tight-knit family.

She watched from her spot at the prep station as the three of them mashed, chopped, mixed, cooked, and stacked a mountain of small medallion pancakes onto plates. They smelt heavenly, even compared to what they had become used to eating in the Den. She felt her stomach agree with her sentiment.

The kitchen staff continued on with their own work as well, preparing for dinner and prepping breakfast for the next morning. For the most part they kept to their side of the kitchen, but Rose, as Samantha learned was the name of the elderly head cook, made it a point to speak with Samantha and the others. Mostly it was her inquiring about the bird they had saved the week prior. Ben commented that it was still pretty sick and they hadn't been able to figure out what type of bird it was yet, but it was growing back a layer of puffy white feathers and talking more and more every day. It was a comfortable evening even with all of the drama that had been going on the past week.

The three boys were almost finished gathering everything to head back to their rooms when the double doors to the kitchen swung open forcefully enough that it caught the attention of everyone inside. Samantha gasped as Storm and Thunder came walking in, their eyes locked onto Dominic.

~~~~~

So I promised this chapter would be longer and I think I came through. Hope you enjoy and please comment and vote! Thank you to my wonderful editors MarieFlower and markrane as always :D