Sabella & Malcolm Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mspat
mspat
545 Followers

"I came over here to see if you needed help," Carolyn said, "not discuss Civil Rights."

"Do you know that I think that you're a beautiful woman, Carolyn?" Malcolm asked.

"Thank you," Carolyn said a smile gracing her face.

"But your beauty isn't enough to cause me to overlook the way you treat others," Malcolm said. "It's not enough to cause me to overlook the way you demand to be treated by those you consider to be beneath you. Your attitude is one of the reasons you, and I could never be together. Because you think that you have a right to be treated the way you do, and you see nothing wrong with the way you treat people and you're just not pretty enough for me to live with that."

Malcolm said what he had to say, thanked Carolyn for coming over and closed the door in her face.

Carolyn stood at Malcolm's door amazed at what had just happened and not believing it.

Malcolm gets angry with her because of the way she treated a colored woman and when she complains about the way the woman spoke to her, he sides with her.

Then he has the nerve to say she doesn't care about others and calls her SHALLOW! and closes the door in her face.

Carolyn stormed back to her car, snatched the driver's side door opened and plopped down behind the wheel.

She'd show Malcolm how shallow she could be. The only thing on her mind was getting back into town and letting Sheriff Jenkins know what she'd found out.

Malcolm needed a reminder of how things were done in Culbert County.

Carolyn knew that the Sheriff would take the information and use it to cause a whole lot of trouble for Malcolm.

A smile appeared on her face when she thought about what Malcolm was about to go through and the thought that he would know that she was behind it but there was nothing he could do about it made her smile grow bigger.

She pulled into town and went straight to the Sheriff's office and walked right past his deputies without, waiting for them to let the Sheriff, know she was there to see him.

Sheriff Jenkins was on the phone talking to his Uncle the Mayor when Carolyn barged into his office and pressed the button down on the phone and hung up on his Uncle.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Sheriff Jenkins demanded. "I was talking to my Uncle."

"Your family reunion can wait," Carolyn said sitting down in a chair in front of the Sheriff's desk. "I have some information about Malcolm's guest that you'll find very interesting."

"And what is it?" the Sheriff asked not expecting the information Carolyn had to be of too much value.

"I ran into Mabel at the grocery store," Carolyn said pausing for dramatic effect.

"So?," Sheriff Jenkins said leaning back in his chair.

"She had managed to hurt her hand some kind of way," Carolyn said smiling when she noticed Sheriff Jenkins arch an eyebrow.

"So?" the Sheriff replied again this time sitting up just a little.

"So, I went by Malcolm's to see if I could help him out until Mabel's hand got better," Carolyn said.

"How long did it take him to throw you out this time?" the Sheriff chuckled.

"If that is going to be your attitude, I'm not going to tell you about the colored woman that answered Malcolm's door," Carolyn said getting up and making her way towards the door.

"What colored woman?" Sheriff Jenkins asked getting up and grabbing Carolyn by the arm to keep her from leaving.

"Never mind," Carolyn said shaking the Sheriff's hand off her arm.

"I was only teasing you," Sheriff Jenkins said. "I wasn't trying to insult you."

Carolyn looked at the Sheriff giving him a look, as if she was seriously considering not telling him what she learned.

He didn't have to worry she would tell him because her desire to cause trouble for Malcolm, was more important, at this point, then withholding information from him.

Carolyn told him everything that happened between her and RaeLynn(Sabella) and her and Malcolm.

"You say this girl is an assistant to the woman whose visiting, Malcolm?" the Sheriff asked.

"Yes," Carolyn said, "but there's something different about her."

"What do you mean?"

"Her accent," Carolyn said. "She sounds like she's from around here but there's something about it that makes her sound more....more...."

"More what?" the Sheriff asked his tone becoming anxious.

"More educated," Carolyn replied. "She sounds like she's been to school. She speaks more high toned, like she's had more than a high school education."

"You don't say," the Sheriff said giving what Carolyn said some thought.

"She dressed differently than the colored girls around here too," Carolyn said as an image of RaeLynn(Sabella), and what she was wearing popped into her mind. "I'm sure her clothes probably cost way more than the woman she works for pays her."

"Did you see Malcolm's other guest?" Sheriff Jenkins asked.

"No," Carolyn replied. "Malcolm wouldn't let me past the front door."

"This situation is becoming very strange," Sheriff Jenkins said. "I'm going to have to question some of Malcolm's ranch hands to see if they've seen this guest of Malcolm's."

"What the hell is going on?!"

Sheriff Jenkins and Carolyn jumped and turned around as a very angry Mayor Jones came storming into the Sheriff's office.

"Why did you hang up on me?!" the Mayor demanded to know getting up in the Sheriff's face.

"I'm sorry," Sheriff Jenkins said backing away from his very angry, very red faced Uncle,

"something came up."

"What came up that was so important that it caused you to hang up on me?!" his Uncle asked his tone letting the Sheriff know his answer had better be a good one.

"Well, I....I...I," the Sheriff stammered racking his brain trying to come up with an answer that would satisfy his Uncle because he wouldn't be happy to hear that he was still trying to find out what was going on at Malcolm's home, especially after he told him to leave Malcolm alone.

Mayor Jones turned and looked over at Carolyn. She smiled at him. He didn't smile back. She was about to use her womanly wiles on him to try and calm him down, but the look in his eyes let her know it would be best if she left. Which is what she did.

"I'll be leaving now, Sheriff," she said gathering her things and heading towards the door. "We'll finish discussing what we were talking about later."

Sheriff Jenkins simply nodded his head indicating he understood what she was saying.

"Good to see you Mayor," Carolyn said as she walked out the Sheriff's office closing it behind her.

"I hope Carolyn's being here doesn't mean that you're still poking your nose where it doesn't belong, where Malcolm is concerned," Mayor Jones said.

"Carolyn says that he has a colored woman staying with him," Sheriff Jenkins said smiling thinking that his Uncle would find the information interesting and get on board with his plans to find out what was going on at Malcolm's place.

His smile disappeared when his Uncle's eyes grew angrier and his face turned redder.

"I told you to leave Malcolm alone!" his Uncle said his tone calm but as cold as the North Pole.

"Something is going on up there," Sheriff Jenkins said to his Uncle. "Don't you want to know what it is?"

"NO!" his Uncle screamed spittle spraying all over the Sheriff's face. "I'm going to tell you again to leave Malcolm alone. He's a legacy and messing with him could bring down more trouble on you than you're prepared to handle. Do you understand what I'm telling you, boy?"

Sheriff Jenkins didn't respond he just stared at his Uncle.

"DO. YOU. UNDERSTAND. ME. BOY?!" his Uncle asked his voice louder, harder and more spittle landing on the Sheriff's face.

"Yes, sire," the Sheriff replied.

"That's good," his Uncle said turning to leave the Sheriff's office. He stopped at the door. "Don't you ever hang up on me again, you got that?"

"Yes, sir," Sheriff Jenkins said.

The sheriff collapsed in his chair wondering why his Uncle was so angry and why was he so insistent that he leave Malcolm alone. Sheriff Jenkins didn't know what was going on, but he was determined to find out.

Mayor Jones headed back to his office, he had a phone call that he didn't want to make but could no longer avoid making.

His stupid nephew was about bring down not only him, but other important people of Culbert County if he kept sticking his nose into Malcolm's business, and he had to let everyone else that his nephew's stupidity could affect, know what was going on.

The stupid idiot was letting the fact that he was related to him go to his head. Causing him to think that he could run around doing as he pleased and nothing would be done about it.

What the fool didn't know was that in this situation being related to him may not be such a good thing.

mspat
mspat
545 Followers
12