All Comments on 'Sailing Onto The Rocks - Sequel'

by Sid0604

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601about 12 years ago
WoW!!! You put a period to Balladeer's story.

Very well constructed and written. Not usually a fan of taking the bitch back but it appeared to be the right thing to do. Loved the revenge angles and would love to see more of your postings in the future.

cpetecpeteabout 12 years ago
Nice save

Fine job of turning around the orginal story.

Over the top payback?-sure. But a good read with a more than acceptable ending.

Sid0604Sid0604about 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks BigJohn

Hey........ thanks for the comment.......... I do read them all and take on board what readers think. Sid0604

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Interesting take-off.

I read the original some while ago, and it bugged me. The wife's story just got worse and worse. The hubby's acceptance (right term?) seemed wrong. Then, it ended with the line about the guys calling and wanting to get together again-a bang of an ending, for sure. I can see why you wanted to take a run at it.

The original story was something of a flash-story, which didn't really give a full picture, and intentionally lacked resolution.

You fleshed it out. I also got the sense that you changed the character of the hubby-but not too much. That's the great thing about flash-stories, you only get a brief look at the character of the players, so you can do a lot with them in your own imagination, or (as here) in your own follow-up story.

You managed to get BTB and reconciliation in the same shooting match. Kind of like in some of the great Ohio's stories. Cliches abound, but that is typical in a LW story.

I like the effort.

From a purely writing standpoint, I thought it was pretty good. I thought you mainly needed work on making dialogue sound more "real." I'm no accomplished writer or anything, but one thing I try to do is actually say the words I write for dialogue out loud, and then ask myself "does that sound like something a person (and this character) would actually say in this conversation?" I think that is helpful.

Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
sorry you ruined the story, he should have married the younger mother and

it would be fine to set the adulterous wife back up so she had a life but to have sex with her or to remarry her is off the scale. It comes over as a WAAC story which is always the wrong thing to do. The young prostitute with a child would make a much better wife and probably be more monogamous in marriage. The exwife was a skilled liar and cheater or to many levels, had he brains he would probably found out she had been cheating off and on for years. Medically speaking VD test in one week are good for most infections that have had time to bloom but some test can take months and currently HIV/AIDS testing can take a year and a half or longer to prove negative, giving out wrong info like that isnt good.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Also...

Although I offered constructive criticism in re: dialogue, I actually think the story would be better with MORE dialogue. As it is, it is more of a narrative than a story. Instead of "I did this, then I did that. She did the other...", you should have the characters' dialogue drive the story more. It is harder to do, but makes for a better story.

The revenge was over the top, of course, but it seems like you must have been on a revenge roll and just couldn't stop. Points for going to great lengths.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
not the same story

I cannot for the life of me figure out what motivated this author Sid0604 two side to do to revamp of what was an appallingly bad story in the first place.

In that story the husband claims to be upset but in the gets off sexually by the wife's massive deceit and betrayal. He is never really all that angry throughout THAT story for any prolonged period of time and certainly appears to have none of Rage that he exists here -- rage with some justification mind you.

In the original story there is no mention of the husband taking photographs of them come off the cruise ship. Or using recording devices to listen into the phone conversations

That being if you take a look at this sequal by Sid0604 just as a stand alone story by itself ... it's not bad. The buildup to where the husband actually drops the hammer and starts getting his revenge is pretty good. An yes THIS story could definitely use a lot more dialogue as opposed to narration. But the beginning of the story is nothing like the original story from Balladeer .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
retarded

If anyone liked this story they must be retarded. What a bunch of foolishness and the comments were even worst.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
YOU CAN ONLY HIDE SO MUCH IN A CLOSET

sooner than later one must throw out the hoardings. TK U MLJ LV NV

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersabout 12 years ago
Wow!

Balladeer's story was bad enough, but thing is a complete disaster. The writer has stuffed it full of impossible and unlikely scenarios that would make a fairy tale author blush.

Glenda_FiddichGlenda_Fiddichabout 12 years ago
Remind me

Never to piss you off Author! Lol.

So OTT. Not normally my cup of tea. But here's the real deal: I had tears in my eyes when you described the condition that Millie was in and he decided to help her. So IMHO you have very good talent for conveying emotion. With some work it could be great!

OTT is a downside. No problems with revenge if the story line fits. But what was done to the other three? I agree also with bttaps comments and those of the other guys re dialogue. Also a few POV issues. So I gave a four.

You show great promise. Looking forward to more.

Slan.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Ok Read

A bit hard to chew due to the dense narrative, but at least he recognized that they could never go back to were they originally were. Considering her lack of remorse after the cruise, I personally would wonder if it was worth going back. Another issue not addressed was how planned was the original cruise. Did they plan on getting hooked up? or was it even worse, that is pre-scheduled?

The thing is that I read it to the end and to continue to feel sorry for the husband. He should have lived out his life with Vickie.

Glenda_FiddichGlenda_Fiddichabout 12 years ago
Oh and,

Millie is so stupid I burst out laughing. That line about how she couldn't make her husband a cuckold. Spilt my coffee. So annoyed at the OTT and then laughing and then almost crying. All in the same story. That's what I call a good story!

Try to give the characters some brains in the future, though I accept that you were maybe trying to keep her in character with Balladeer.

M

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
:Probably

Probably just me, but taking photos and other proof to the cheaters's wives and divorcing Milly would likely have been enough for me to avoid creating my own guilt and remorse. Also, that way I would be able to see the effect of my action and make sure everyone knew who did it. I would think that Milly would cut Donna off and thus punish her a bit. Plus, she would learn that her boyfriends lied to her and were not single.

But this is fiction, and it is well written.

looking4itlooking4itabout 12 years ago
The Sequel

It was nice to see the direction your story went since I was afraid to think where Balladeer wanted it to go. Some of your scenarios are far fetched at the very least, and anyone researching Ben financially could easily prove he was involved in the crimes and revenge activities. I equally believe that a marriage of 40 years would certainly overcome such a blunderous decision by Milly (or is it Millie?) easier than one of 5, 10 or even 20. One thing that left me lacking from either story was the comment about his alleged affair which prompted her to stop her providing oral sex to him much earlier in their marriage. I think that deserve more exploration in both storied and could have been a catalyst for a number of things in the overall plot and decisions by the characters of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
typical

slut and wimp 1*

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotabout 12 years ago
@looking4it

Your comment about a 40 year marriage being able to survive such a transgression: I personally believe that it would be even more impossible to forgive such actions by the wife. How could she do something so vile to her husband is beyond me. I know that I could never forgive anything even close to what she did. Even dancing with another man I would consider to be offlimits. What's the point of marriage if you're going to continue acting like a single person? True, you don't own another person but just the same, there is a given requirement regarding actions, reactions and basic morality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I stopped reading when you said they were damn near

ready to collect old age security and cheating. Like seriously? 60 years old and they act like they're 24. Sorry, but old people fucking is NOT a turn on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Started out as a 5 star story and ended up a 3 star becouse Ben took that whore of and ex wife back. quite frankly he should have tied both Donna and Milly up and made them watch as he cut off thier lovers balls and cocks and mad a sushi dish out of it then fed it them before cutting out thier sex organs and shoving them down thier lovers dying throats

Average_ReaderAverage_Readerabout 12 years ago
Married 40 years and he keeps the house because it was his before she came along.

Really?Not many 18 year olds own a paid off house.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
write your own story

balladers was a short and dirty shot into the blue and you made it a bloody hell.

writing was ok but the plot and the characters ages, jesus if everybody is already senil at that age your country would die out in no time but fuck like 20 year old bunnies ? nothing close to logic here in this peace of work

njlaurennjlaurenabout 12 years ago
interesting

The revenge is over the top (though I couldn't blame him for smoking Donna,she was a real snake in the grass) but he could have wreaked as much havoc by naming the clowns in the divorce and financially ruining them and leaving milly without anything...though I wonder if Donna had her place if Milly would have hit bottom.

Millie seems a bit unrealistic,even the most cold hearted bitch understands how much she would hurt her spouse (might not care),I dont believe too many 60 year old women would be that cold or clueless.One interesting thing to ponder is if this was just sex why would millie be upset that the scumbags were married unless she was thinking of being with them. And yeah the money trail would lead the cops to him irl.....but overall an interesting effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
To long

impossible plots,it just droned on and on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Things to say

This story belongs in the fetsh section. We seem to have a sado-masochistic thing going. Nothing else could explain their behavior.

To the young boy dissatisfied with the character's ages, being 62 does not mean you are defunct. At 58 I still keep myself very fit. I excercise regularly and look better than most of the kids half my age at the gym. My execise regimen inculdes 3x10 sets of 240 lbs bench press, 105 lbs curls, 150 lbs tricep extentions, and 400 lbs squats. I am single and have no problem getting women half my age in bed and leaving them wanting more, and they all love my hard body. And least you think I am a muscle-head, I have two advanced degrees, MS in management and MS in mathematics. Can you dig it?

blue4242blue4242about 12 years ago
okay

Not a bad story. Perhaps too focused on the revenge part, but it is sequel

so the development was already done. A proof reader would have been a good addition. I liked it enough that I had to go read your other two stories. So thanks for giving us a new story.

xtremeddxtremeddabout 12 years ago
Ahh the innocence of youth...

Sid,

Old people, "fuck differently thats all" better for it too.

Great story and narrative.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Thanks

For sharing.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
Not a sequel

The characters in the stories were not the same person. They acted differently. He could have grown into this, but this was like shifting from first to fifth gear.

No one followed the money trail? Njlauren is correct.

Why did he put cameras and recorders throughout his house? It required an explanation, and one wasn't offered.

(Tongue in cheek) Ben...or whatever the fuck your name is. Milly? Sleeping on the streets? Not eating well? Broke, homeless and a hag? I think she got the fucking message that you were a teensy bit hurt by all this. I think she got the memo. So the third act of this story was a bit unrealistic.

And he is sleeping well, banging the neighbor, eating and pulling the wings off of flies to keep his hand in...and this painted him in a very unflattering light. Now Vickie must have had a very hard case of the hornies, because if I was a woman, I KNOW I'd just love to jump into the sack of a guy who destroyed a loved one in his life. This has less to do with you and more to do with the genre itself.

Still, I was entertained. These were a few places that needed tightening up.

Keep writing. It gets easier and better.

zed0zed0about 12 years ago
Awfully Long

Or maybe just plain awful! I think you were actually able to take a bad story and make it worse. Why do all you women bitch writers portray men as needy little wimps that just have to have their little slut back, after she tears their heart out and stomps on it, and then we are expected to believe that they still love the cheating whore? JEEBUS CRIPES!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
ped0 Sandusky!

Isn't a nonce like you supposed to stay off the internet? Between you and DWormcock no children are safe.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Lack of humor or lack of true hate

Lucksmith has a story "Let the Punishment Fit the Crime", where the exhusband earns the children custody (this is the main revenge weapon) and he employs his exwife as maid. However he DID NOT REMARRIED her, only he used her as continuos babysitter and sexslave. In Cpete's story "Blood from a Turnip" the exhusband earns the children custody (the main revenge weapon) and the exwife will be the babysitter and maid with sex service. However THE EXHUSBAND DID NOT REMARRIED the exwife.Both stories are humorous and original and the main characters the exhusbands are smarts.

Here we can see an extrem cruel revenge (with constant body injuries, arson, foto sets for everybody, etc..) and a not whole reconcilation with wedding and a story without any humor. The Author tried an explain to show the death of his neighbor woman coused the reconcilation. Somebody wrote: There are 2 personalities in the story, yes I detected also. This inconsintencia could be hide with humor, but the humorous plot would have wished less cruel revenge. The cruel revenge stories want sad, devastated, hateful main characters, but this husband was not this.

Lack of humor turned the story near to the RAAC, lack of the true hate turned this story incomprehensible. A simple divorce may be enough , look at Cpete 25* comment: A decade ago some university/goverment stat study found females age 35+ in North America had a higher chance of being on a hijacked airplane then finding a male mate in a relationship that would last a decade.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

I think the STD, evidences for the wives and the foto sets would be enough and believable revenge with divorcing her. Sometime the over the top revenge as Radk's "Nucklear Respond" is comprehending but several times is much. However the story plot would be other, for example without reconcilation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed your revenge on the wife much more than him accepting her need to explore. Too many wimp endings that it was refreshing to have someone stand up and say enough. Thank you for writing this sequel and sharing it with us.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 12 years ago
This was really two stories

It was a TTB (torch the bitch) tale of extreme revenge, and then a WC (wimp cuckold, or water closet, your choice) story of not-very-believable reconciliation. The story was excessively wordy and repetitive, so it became painful to finish. The plot device of the new woman (Vickie) dying in an accident and begging him to take care of Millie with her last breath is somewhat over-used.

And I agree with others, the money trail would have implicated him in the beatings (especially the emasculations) of Eric and his friend -- only a cuckolded man would have been motivated to arrange that. The arson of Donna's building was also too pat. The police may make mistakes, but they aren't stupid.

Having an aliby would not protect him -- again the money trail, plus his phone calls, would show he conspired to engage in arson and assault-for-hire. He would be keeping Bubba company for his last years, I'm certain. Thus, credibility problems make it difficult to really enjoy this. No one to like except possibly Vickie. Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
WTF

After going thru all that pain and suffering and spending all his cash..... he still ends up with the same lying,cheating whore? What happen to the cute hot mamma that was gonna give him the freebie. At least she was a honest whore. Now he'll be lucky if his baglady/exwife does'nt shank him to death in his sleep. You think she was unstable when she first fucked him over, she'll make Ted Bundy look like a rookie once her distorted mind points it's finger at him as the source of all her woes. Maybe the third rewrite will be the charm and you'll get it right.

Sid0604Sid0604about 12 years agoAuthor
Thank-you readers

Just a short note to say thank-you to all the readers of this sequel. A special thank-you to those of you who have left comments......Good comments or bad, I have read them all. I accept that there is no way I can keep everyone happy with what or how I write but it is nice to know that some readers enjoyed it. Constructive criticism is always welcome to a new writer like me. Thank-you Sid

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Liked it for a revenge story.

As a stand-alone story it was good. The original author did produce a pathetic story and this sequel did bring some balance back to the situation.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Even If You Like Revenge Stories, This Was Really Over-The-Top

Very preachy from the husband; for God's sake man, when she wants to betray you & cheat, just move on! What's to be gained by trying to argue and reason with a crazy, menopausal slut? He lost more & more self-respect as the story progressed. A clean break would have made more sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Slash & Burn

This is a true story, I liked it but what about the other 3. And dam that is a lot of sex for old people like me, lol...bill

SleeplessinMD3SleeplessinMD3about 12 years ago
They say that the best revenge...

is living well. The problem with this over the top revenge detailed in this story is that the husband is too vulnerable to blackmail, discovery and prison. He approach a total stranger to enlist him in doing serious crimes on his behalf. Why would anyone (the brother) go to jail where he might end up dead? He had to spend his life savings on his revenge only to bring her back into his life? He also had that whore with clap to stalk him. Milly had to realize that all of her misery was caused by her husband so why would she trust him not to kill her in a rage? Bottom Line: All of the violence was unnecessary and would let to further violence (there are two guys who after their injuries healed had nothing to lose- remember there are their sons out there). All the husband had to do was leave his wife (perhaps hide most of his assets) . Just take his own cruise with Vicki.

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotabout 12 years ago
I don't think

I could have taken her back, regardless of how long we had been together. As a matter of fact, the long time together only made her betrayal that much harder to bear and that much harder to accept and that much harder, that much impossible to forgive.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
THERE IS SOME GOOD IN ALL OF US, WE HOPE

even when one is betrayed and decimated. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
you dont keep trash you throw it away

this woman was mentally, emotionally, and behaviorally disturbed, why the hell would any rational person consider having anything to do with her?

sbart921sbart921almost 12 years ago
You are a good writer, but ...

This is a frustrating one. You spend all of the time to make us understand what a shallow, self-centered, dependent upon an evil friend, and unreliable slut she is and then you say: OK, we're fine. NOT!

He is just a sloppy seconds pussy eater. I'm sure MM gave you 5 stars.

rvwsrvwsalmost 12 years ago
Well I will say this

When someone commits a crime and pays their debt to society, then that's it. The whole damn mess is over. If the guilty repents and is remorsefull they should be forgiven. I'm usually not a softie when it comes to deviant behaiour, but the three individules that convinced her down the evil path suffered greatly, as did Milley. Should she be forgiven? I don't know. In this set of circumstances I think that if Ben didn't get past it, the whole dirty affair would have eaten him alive.

Good story Sid. 5*

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
Gave a three for thr writing

I agree with Vulcan on this one......you blew the bitch away, why take her back? If you really wanted a whore....take the whore that gave them the clap.....clean her up at least she's younger and like the you.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 A PROMISE MADE TO A DYING LOVED ONE

those are the hardest to keep. TK U MLJ LV NV

rphinneyrphinneyover 11 years ago
Not Credible!

I don't understand the tendency of authors to create a character, and then have them behave in a completely out-of-character manner. It really destroys the credibility of the entire story.

A woman who loves her husband as much as you have portrayed, doesn't screw around on him or disregard his feelings **completely** as your wife character does. Even if the point was to show the redemption of the character, people just do not change that much that fast. From her behavior, she would only have blamed the husband for all the bad that had eventually occurred in her life, and would have resented and despised him because of it. If she was that ignorant of how much she would hurt her husband by doing what she did, then she has no empathy whatsoever, and would never understand any feelings he ever had.

And, as for the husband, people don't "forgive" after revenge. Revenge doesn't really make anyone feel better, because it doesn't remove the source or effect of the pain that motivates it.

I can't help but feel that you decided on the conclusion for the story, and then worked backward to see how you could get to it within the story, without ever considering how the actual characters you inserted into the story would realistically behave. In the end, it has the feeling of a fairy tale dressed up to seem real...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
this is better

then alice in wonderland the only difference is lewis carroll knew his was a fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

why take revenge ?????????

i mean he is wimp and cuckold if u have just taken that in mind and write sex story that way it will be good story for who like sex stories

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
I liked the story and the fact that he got revenge...

Personally I would have gone to bed by myself the rest of my life before I took her back but that's just me. He gave her every chance and she destroyed him. I think that at his age of 60, I believe, that he could have made it alone the rest of his life. I do have some pity for her but I would have just left her to her "bag lady" life. This was one of the worst cases I have read about, her offenses, I mean. Yes, I realize that it is just a story and that you are the author and can write it like you want. I, as a reader, can complain. Thank you for writing.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
To the unbelievers.

Reconciliation like this can happen. A friend of mine got divorced without his knowledge. His wife had filed and then told him she dropped it. Without a lawyer he believed her. Shortly afterwards on a Saturday morning his friend called and asked if he will still married to Joyce. He said yeah, why. The friend said he had seen in the paper the marriage licenses and marriages and Joyce was in one. When he turned and asked her she admitted she was remarried. Now they had had sex the night before. Joyce stayed with her new husband about 5 years before she realized how stupid she had been. Charlie had remarried. They had 6 kids. About 7 years after the divorce they were finally friends again. Charlie's new wife died about 8 years after that and Joyce and Charlie remarried about 3 years after that. 15 years later and they are still married. True story. Real life. It can happen. Not very likely but possible.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
then your friend semofuncpl3 was a fucking idiot

I don't see how your friend would let himself be sucked in again. But to each his own.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Easy to understand the low scores..

Ultimately just a wimp tale. And, semofuncpl3 IS an idiot.

robinsimpson1robinsimpson1over 11 years ago
what

This bitch has been maried for 40 years ? That is some old pussy , she goes willy nelly fucken her old little hart out ? Ha didel didel got a dick in her middle

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
why make him a cuck?

What a fucked up end. Why make him a cuck? bullshit!

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 11 years ago
I realize it is just a story, I want to add this.

He is to be admired for getting his revenge and after he saw how low she had sunk 6 months or so later and decided he would be happier with her it was his business. He got good revenge on all three of the others and I think that Milly paid. She was just a fool and an idiot and counted on Donna too much. As I said, she was a fool. Since Vickie got killed he kept his promise to her. Now, Vickie was a saint, IMO.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Impossible no nothing is -

BUT highly unlikely - she earned due to the sequence of disasters - but it took the disasters and knowing about them to drive home a simple concept - even the pictures at church did not so it they just embarrassed her into not going.

Thick headed, simple minded, un-caringly self centered - just a little lol - he had a choice - he made it - good for him i guess - trust her again - sheesh not bloody likely -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
If this is love, don't show me hate...

How could Missy really be in love with her husband and cheat on him in such a heartless manner? How could Ben still love his wife and make her suffer so much for years before choosing to "reconnect" with her? If a married couple really acted this way, they should not be together and enable each other to act so cruelly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
better choice

I would have had a relationship with the prostitute before taking the cheater back.

She appeared to be more honest and caring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I'm pretty sure she'll never do that again

why?

because now that she know what lives inside him, and what he did the first time she fucked him over, she fully understands that she won't survive any "next time" she tries.

this is as it should be

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterabout 10 years ago
Can't believe He took "The Slut" back…???

Absolutely unbelievable that He'd take the "Cheating Slut" back after ALL that He'd seen in the Videos from the Chalet…!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Rediculous

No. It's even worse than that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
1 star

Complete wast of time.

harrycartonharrycartonabout 10 years ago

I won't argue with an author about what he does with his characters. That's a waste of time and pixels.

I'm not sure what I'd have done with them, though. He's 60 (IIRC) or so, and it's not so easy to find someone at that age. Anyway...

Well written and thanks for finishing up an unfinished tale.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Don't think so

I suppose I can see the "live in housekeeper with benefits" arrangement working; as long as you don't expect fidelity you don't have to worry about infidelity. But remarry her? No way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Yikes - this wimp actually took the slut back????

WTF - shit, this site is so polluted with these fucked up wimp/cuck/slut pathetic efforts. Is there anyway to mentally nuke all these faggots and clean up the gene pool?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I enjoyed this version

As a huge BTB guy, I was pleased to see Ben go ballistic and treat a cheating slut like she should be treated. As one who is willing to kill, skin and eat my enemy, I think he went a little overboard with Milly's two lovers, by breaking their spines and destroying their manparts. The clap, divorces from their wives and losing their jobs was 'probably' sufficient for anyone that isn't willing to do the job of beating them to death personally.

Milly was treated perfectly IMO. She was given a second chance which I didn't agree with, but after that, beautiful! Kicked out, homeless, the clap, public humiliation, etc, was the icing on the cake.

But I do NOT blame him for feeling sorry for her and not having lost his love in the long run. It was a Christian act of kindness how he treated her after he found her skinny and dirty. Taking her home and giving her a job was the right thing to do. Marrying her at the end......that I'm not so sure about, but I won't complain.

My own personal story isn't anything this bad but in a minor way, similar. I had a girlfriend when I was back in high school that dumped me for no reason (I thought). Turns out, I wasn't aggressive enough with her and so she dumped me to move on with another youngster that was willing to not take no as an answer. So, she ended up giving this dickwad her cherry, let him fuck her as much as he wanted, nothing was said no to. She was his own little personal fuck toy until he moved on to another and did the same thing again. So my ex girlfriend moved onto another guy that she chose just as someone to fuck her (hey, you can't go back to holding hands).

The problem was, I loved my ex girlfriend in the worst way and it was 4 years of torture in school and out of school watching her hanging all over these guys and knowing when I saw them somewhere, they had either just fucked or were about to. I used to become ill from the thought. But this girl had grown up next to me and we were best buds for years and my love just wouldn't dissipate.

So there she was, working at a 4th of July firework stand and I remembered my best buddy told me he thought she was in between boyfriends so pulled in. The next thing I know, we're going steady and it was only a month later I asked her to marry me and she said yes. At ages 18 and 19 we were married, she was only 30 days out of high school.

Now 40 years later, I'm retired, she's putting in her last few years as a high school teacher and it'll be just her and I again. Over the past 40 years we had our children, now grandchildren and it has been a fantastic life.

So I'm sure as hell not going to put Ben down for taking her back due to a case of deep everlasting love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
bitch

what a load of crap

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
sheesh

When you write this, I strongly suspect you were completely humiliated and cuckolded by a woman who threw it in your face in the worst possible way, and you took her back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Just another wimpy cluck lover story.

Why don't all you wimp loving bastards take a long hike across the Pacific Ocean.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

nice mechanics, a bit much in the beginning, knowing all the scoundrels to get ahold of, but it worked in the story. the story actually sounds believable, with some small exceptions. I did have a feeling they would get back together, although small. after living and loving a spouse for that long, the amount of hate, only represents the amount of love they have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1 star

first two pages good last two pages dog shit.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
sorry, but this is not much of an improvement

all it did was take the unsatisfactory ending and turn it into a very dark, angry, demon filled tale of retribution. Then all the revenge was taken away making it a hollow and meaningless period of anguish for both of them. The next door neighbour was killed off for no good reason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

I could see him taking her to feed her check her medically and get her life back on track - but remarriage hell no. The excuse of being lonely just doesn't cut it. In effect Donna was right so none of the revenge should have happened. He just should have enjoyed his cream pies and sleeping in a cage in the basement

dyonysosdyonysosover 9 years ago

let me tell you that i liked the story but when i look at the fact that these people were well into theyr 60 ts i had some serious doubts as to the reality of this story,i know it's a fantasy but still

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I basically gave up after I realized

It WASN'T Milly, who had taken the last of her money and had paid somebody in a white van to run down Vickie.

Now before you condemn me for being just another mysoginistic, blood thirsty BTB'r, that revenge for the revenge, plot bit would have HELPED to bring about the better message.

She had lost the marriage. OK. But she was out of jail. Life on the street with humilliation? OK, but if she was found guilty of murder for hire, well then....free on the streets wouldn't seem so bad, compared to the life sentance behind bars. But moreover, that satisfaction that HE had derived from revenge, would instantly turn to regret after he saw how he drove HER to need to take some sort of revenge BACK!

But that isn't what we had here. No instead, it was a heavy dose of the A.A.C earning its place in the phrase RAAC.

It is hard for most people to imagine what 40 years and more is like in terms of commitment to one person. Of course, that is why it is also so hard to believe that she thought she could change the rules of her marraige so drastically, after all of that time. But in the end, like others have said, I can see him rescuing her, thinking that she has been punished enough. But I could NEVER see him marrying her again. Frankly, I say carry on with the houskeeper w/ benefits program, and continue with the rehab, but MARRIAGE? Never again! For this story, and other situations like it, this type of ending cheapens the pain, and dulls the lesson. But moreover, it destroys the integrity of what he stood for, for over 40 years, and calls into question why he made the choices he did in resolving the marital issues the FIRST time.

I always appreciate a story that illustrates consequences faced ( and YES, that IS different from stories that only speak of revenge), but authors need to be carefull in selecting just which lessons they want their characters (and thus the readers) to actually learn. The message is of paramount importance for a story like this. But this time, in the end, Sid only managed to deliver for us a mixed bag of contradictions. 3.5 stars. But thankyou for your effort!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well when you gave up your dukb ass lost a great story

I gave it a 5 just to piss of your dumbass annony!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
IN EACH MARRIED LIFE THERE IS SMOOTH AND ROUGH SEAS

but the underlying effect re the shoals, reefs and one always needs a compass. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Damn, I hate to say it of a btb story

but this story was terrible.I mean come on, how can anybody just allow a wife to go out and meet somebody else and do nothing about it. Worse yet, he has sex with her several times before she goes. Why? Then he puts the hurts on her and friends, and then takes her back. Why? Oh, yes, of course, he still loves her. Man this is one fucked up story. A vivid unbelievable imagination, but then this is fiction, so anything goes. Didn't care for the original and didn't care for the sequel. Both stank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I liked the story and gave it a 4

I just didn't like the way he remarried Milly. Take her back as a housekeeper and cunt to fuck yes, but as a wife? Not just no, but hell no!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Just god awful ending

And even for fiction it was so far out of touch with reality as to be completely implausible. I won't go thru all the bullshit with the PI that made no sense. Let me just say this - in the divorce Milly would have gotten 50% of everything. After being married that long the Courts would clearly have considered the house to be joint property. It would have to be sold or he would have to give Milly have its appraised value. She would have gotten alimony until the cows come home based on 40 years of marriage. She would have gotten 50% of their savings based on the value BEFORE he started his spending spree and before he cut off the credit cards. She would have gotten 50% of his retirement and any IRA's they had. So she would have been in no way destitute. You ended this mess with your head so far up in the clouds that it completely ruined the entire story. And I LIKE BTB stories. But this one was just awful.

Kerry312Kerry312about 9 years ago
LMFAO

She would have got nothing if SHE WERE DEAD LMFAO

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I'm a huge BTB fan

But sometimes, once in a blue moon, I don't have any problems with reconciliation. This is one of those times, but not because of true love. Instead, because of Milly's retardation. She is portrayed in the story as a stumbling retarded woman who needs other to take care of her. With their reconciliation, at least she has someone to feed, cloth and give her a place to live out of the elements.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I had to quit midway through page 2

This is a load of smoking hot ..... bullshit. Find a new hobby sir. This one isn't cutting the mustard. Are you a creampie eater in your personal life? Perhaps a cocksucker by proxy? Can I nail your woman too? I know you'd forgive us.

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
What!

First, I enjoy your writing style, your stories start out interesting enough BUT you don't write about men, your characters are like little boys. The BTB was highly unrealistic but acceptable behavior. However, how in the HELL did he ever take her back after what she did to him? He could only be a true masochist to be willing to take her back.

When she was an old bag lady, I was glad that he stopped to help her. Help her...yes, but never, ever take her back.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Dilemma

So this is not really a story about a cheating wife, it is a story about a man who in his 60's still has not grown up. Whether it is a childish fantasy of omnipotent revenge (while committing all sorts of felonies) or the fact that he can't do the simple math and figure out that people that love their spouses simply do not lie and cheat on them! If he had figured that out, he would have realized that there was no way he could waste anymore time caring about her (loving). No one is as extreme as her, and truly loves her husband. She is just using him.

The real issue is his fear of being alone! Time to grow up pal, we are all alone, even if we are married. Your spouse is supposed to be your best friend, the one that is there for you, the one that looks out for you and takes care of you. Still, when the time comes, you will face death alone. So, if your spouse is NOT your best friend and is in fact a betrayer; you are better off without her. Death will not be any worse when it comes and life has a chance at getting better. He found renewal with Vicki and might find it again with another woman. (Although Vicki was apparently a selfish whore too) In any case, love and intimacy had evaporated as she proved it had all been a 40 year old lie. Nobody changes overnight, she didn't, she was that way all along. It just took him 40 years and a blatant act of stupidity for him to see it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is a true BTB story

Yes, some of it is over the top and some is of questionable legality, but it's fiction folks. As far as Sugna's comments, what little piece of fantasyland do you reside in? This had nothing to do with him wanting to be alone. This had everything to do with him showing her, her friend, and the 2 worthless POS that bedded them that there are people who will not be lied to, stolen from, cuckolded, and treated like shit without consequences. Are these consequences more than the original sin? Probably. But throughout the story he kept telling her that her actions would have results. Too bad she didn't listen. The only part I take issue with is him marrying her again. She may have stayed with him for 40 year, but in no way should he ever renew their marriage. I like the fact that his lips would never touch any part of her where their cocks touched. That is a promise he should keep until his dying day. As far as the comment that Vikki was a whore... You can take that opinion and shove it way up where the sun don't shine. That woman was nothing but kind to him. She was even kind to take the 2 women in to her home and giving Millie money afterwards. Get a life back in reality if you can find your way back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Cocksucker by proxy

Yep,I believe that describes ole Sid.I think balladeer will suck one too

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago
hello

love your work keep going please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
no

you may have liked the ending but I sure didn't. All the cucky here want to reconcile. I they got exactly what they deserved and if mine she would still be sitting on the curb. No fool in his right mind would have taken her back. And don't say its all about love. that's jus so much poppycock. In your mind this may happen just not in real life

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
nice

Great story. Loved every bit of it.

Vito1960Vito1960about 8 years ago
Fantastic

Well developed characters, revenge, and a good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

"I wasn't prepared to put up with Milly cheating on me because we were married but I was happy to think about a prostitute knowing what she had done for a living. How strange was that?"

I don't it is strange at all since you aren't married to her. There's no emotional skin in the game. If the pro and him got married and then she chose to do that as a living again, then he would feel the same...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Emotions...

"I wasn't prepared to put up with Milly cheating on me because we were married but I was happy to think about a prostitute knowing what she had done for a living. How strange was that?"

I don't think it is strange at all since you aren't married to her. There's no emotional skin in the game. If the pro and him got married and then she chose to do that as a living again, then he would feel the same...

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
The story

First of let me tell you the story is well written and the btb crowd must be howling with pleasure

The content of the story is impossible on so many levels it's mindblowing ,we read about two woman past theyr sixties who oblioviously have only sex on theyr mind,they get sooo wet ,pleaaase people seriously ?

There are so many improbabilties it becomes a joke

This is horror,science fiction and past mature all combined

You should have called it " Fantasy at the hospice"

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 8 years ago
"Improbable" is too weak to use.

I imagine there is a certain segment of readers that will like this. I'm not one of them. The impossibilities are legion. After 40 years she becomes sex obsessed to the point of assuring the destruction of her marriage. He just happens to have a shady PI friend, who just happens to know thugs who will beat these guys, and just happens to know a young mother that will somehow magically infect herself with STD and fuck the two guys, and just happened to know an arsonist that just happened to have a brother who was an arsonist too, etc, etc, etc. This is a train wreck.

heydog52heydog52about 8 years ago
IF YOU HAVE THE INCENTIVE, THE WILL & THE MONEY .....SHIT CAN HAPPEN

I'm pissed off about former comments. I have had some very strange reactions to events in my life. In a given situation, I could have done same or similar things that the main character did in this story. The author may have used "artistic license", but I really don't really care. I read a good well written story. I understand why people write negative comments. Hopefully, it is to make the writer better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

the original crap didn't deserve a sequel. and this is just an absurd mess.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
real life serial cheater

Some of her real life story is found on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous