Sam Spade 09: Case of the Lady in White

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Angela looked away and after a moment nodded. "I see now. Tigress has Samantha as a mother figure, but being a natural submissive she needs a dominant to partner with. I see now that I do fill that void better." She nodded once more as she looked at me, "I will not work against you anymore Kitten. Friends?"

Even though we had achieved a truce that first day we met, we had been working against each other with Samantha as a pawn. That time was past, nuzzling her face, I said softly, "Friends, and lovers."

Angela hugged me tight and I could feel the flood of love she had for me as a sister and the daughter of her wife. If it were any other time, she and I would have made love and bonded properly. Breaking off the hug, she said softly, "I need to go down and keep an eye on our guests. We don't want them wandering around here looking for a midnight snack."

I smiled, "No we don't." I watched as she got up and left. It was under a minute later when I saw Tigress walk by as she went to join her.

I would have loved to go downstairs and catch up with Lady; instead, I went back into the bedroom and joined Momma in bed. I felt her troubled dreams fade as I lay against her purring softly. Lady could wait a few more days, Samantha was the center of my universe now and she would understand.

It seemed as if I just fell asleep when the bedroom door opened. Growling I launched myself at the intruder. Twice in one week was too much for me. My attack changed in mid leap as I realized it was Alvin standing there. "Uncle Alvin!" I said playfully to his mind as I transformed, pouncing on him in cat form.

Chapter 9 -- Sam's viewpoint

I awoke to the sound of the bedroom door banging open. Sitting up on my elbows, I caught sight of Kitten launching herself at the intruder and change in midair to a small black cat. It was Alvin standing there looking as if he had been on a three-day blender.

As Alvin nuzzled Kitten in greeting I muttered, "What's the point of having an alarm system if anyone can get through it?" I had asked Jasmine to come up with an alarm system to keep intruders out so that we would be safe. However, the last three times that people came to visit, they have walked in as if it did not exist.

As Alvin walked over to the bed, I pulled myself up with my arms so I was leaning against the headboard. He looked as if he had not shaved in a few days, the stubble on his cheeks and chin giving him the look of a street person. His tan suit, crumpled and creased completed the picture. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he hugged me hard and said, "How's my girl doing?"

I caught the scent of stale sweat covered with cheap aftershave. I smiled, "Better than you from the looks of things." Looking past him, I saw that everyone else with the exception of Angela and Tigress had piled into the room. "Heather, will you set up a bedroom for Alvin and see to his needs personally?" Heather nodded with a smile and hurried out. In the past, she had taken a shine to him and I knew he enjoyed her company.

Alvin looked around and noticed everyone else, looking back at me he asked, "Where's Angela?"

Before I could reply, Kitten spoke up, "Angela watching guests for Momma."

Nodding I said softly, "Good choice." Seeing Alvin's raised eyebrow I added, "We have a pair of unconventional guests staying with us for a few days."

Alvin looked over his shoulder towards the girls and Kitten before turning to me. His voice lowered he said, "Unconventional? I don't want to know." He placed his hand over mine, "So... How are you Sam?" Alvin's face was filled with concern as he looked at me.

I could not meet his eyes, truth be told I was worried and scared. Instead of answering him I said, "Could we have some alone time please?" I watched as everyone except Kitten filed out. I really did not want her to hear, but could not turn out such a childlike creature. Biting my lip, I looked down towards my legs stretched out below me, "I seem to have a little weakness in my legs Alvin."

"No," Kitten's voice spoke up sharply. She caught his shoulder and as Alvin turned to her she continued, "Momma no feel legs."

Alvin looked from her to me in question. I could not meet his eyes and said, "She's right."

With a quick motion, Alvin stood and stripped the blankets covering me. He then spent a few minutes looking over my nude body. Instead of it exciting or embarrassing me, his look was clinical and impersonal. Moving to the foot of the bed, he worked back and forth asking me if I felt this or that as he first touched and then pinched my feet and legs. Biting my lip all I could do was shake my head no in reply.

Alvin walked over to the door and opened it. Just as I thought, all the girls were there. "Jas? Please come in here a minute." Alvin said before turning back to me. Jasmine disengaged herself from the knot of girls and followed him into the room.

"Yes Alvin?" she asked her voice soft and concerned.

Alvin turned and looked at her a moment. There must have been something in that look because Jasmine blushed all the way to her shoulders. After a moment he shook his head, "Please forgive me dear Jasmine, I forgot what I was going to ask..." his voice trailing off as he looked into her eyes.

"That's ok Alvin," she said and flowed into his arms and kissed him. As their kiss dragged on, I realized that Alvin was not the celibate monk I thought he was when he last stayed with us. "Oh, you need a shave before we do that again," Jasmine said when the kiss ended.

"A shave and a shower," Alvin replied. As they walked back, to me he continued, "What happened?" I started to answer but a touch of Kitten's paw over my mouth stopped me. Jasmine talked about the gunshots as if I was not there. When she had pointed out each Alvin said, "Damn it Jas, why didn't you call me?" Alvin looked at me and hung his head, "I sorry Samantha that I was not here for you."

"Alvin, when you left you made it clear that you would not be talking to Sam ever again." Jasmine said not looking at him. She let out a little sob as she hugged herself, "I know, I know. It's my fault that Red is broken."

I wondered to myself if I had mentioned that Alvin and I had made up to anyone. They knew that I was going to attempt it but did not know the outcome. Sighing I said, "No Jasmine, it was my fault for letting my guard down."

Kitten looked from me to Jasmine and then resting her eyes on Alvin, "No more feel sorry for self, fix Momma."

Alvin walked over to sit on the bed next to Kitten. Stroking her fur softly he spoke as if talking to a child. "It is not that easy Kitten. I," Alvin glanced over his shoulder towards Jasmine before turning back to Kitten, "no we, need to find the trouble and then work from there." He rubbed his face tiredly, "But before that, I need a shower and some rest."

Kitten moved into his hand and spoke softly, "Uncle Alvin go bed."

Standing Alvin shooed everyone else out and stood framed in the doorway a moment. "Try and get some rest Samantha." When he had left, Kitten snuggled up tight against me; her purrs helping my mind drift so that I could find sleep.

It seemed I had just fallen asleep when I was awakened. Sue Ann, followed closely by Heather burst into the room, "Good morning mistress," both sang in unison. To my surprise, Kitten did not jump up and chase them out. For that matter, she seemed to be nowhere about.

Raising myself up I said crossly, "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

Instead of being apologetic, Heather set a breakfast down before me as she replied, "It's almost noon mistress." Looking at Sue Ann she smiled, "Alvin left orders for you to be fed and wide awake when he wakes up. He is now showering and will be in after he eats."

Before I could get a word in edgewise, Heather hurried out of the room. I looked at Sue Ann and then sighing patted the edge of the bed. She came over and sat down, in her hand was a folder. Handing it to me she said, "I did a search on the names you had mistress. Of the eleven names, I was able to track down nine of them."

Flipping the folder open, I saw pictures and bios of each of the names she had tracked down. "Continue please," I said as I ate breakfast one-handed and looked through it.

Sue Ann said, "The nine I was able to find all share one characteristic, they are all very old. The youngest is just over six hundred years old." She paused and then continued, "Of the nine all are missing except Lady. The other bodies you discovered last night match several of them."

"Who are the other two, Namah and Pasht? For that matter who in their right mind would name their child Pasht?" I asked setting the folder to the side with a smile. She shook her head in reply. Thinking a moment, I said, "Ok, when Lady wakes we will see if she recognizes them. Please share the names with Jade, have her call her mother, and see if the mob can come up with anything. Finally call Jason, I think Angela has the number, and transfer the call to me."

"Yes Mistress," Sue Ann replied before leaving me to finish eating alone.

I was just finishing breakfast when Alvin arrived with Jasmine in tow. Unlike the night before he looked like his old self. "Good morning, or should I say afternoon," He said smiling.

If Alvin was smiling that meant, he was feeling better about my little problem. His smile put me at peace. "Good morning Alvin." I said with a smile. "You solved my little problem?"

"No Samantha, not a clue. But I am sure Jasmine and I can solve it." He said somberly, the grin sliding off his face. As I watched, Alvin lifted a case and set it on the bedside table. Opening it, he grinned and held up a scalpel, "Payback time Sam... Roll over."

I looked at it and then at him, "Oh shit." Rolling over I felt him and Jasmine poke here and there on my back before the sharp pain of the scalpel cutting me. From that point on, they acted as if I were not there. It was funny, other than the initial cut, I did not feel anything. I found it interesting that they talked about everything else other than me.

Of course, now and then Alvin would say something like; "You see Jas, the discombulator joined with the cam makes the zipper move in a lateral motion in conjunction with the prazmater." He would then add, "I love those locking boots you are wearing." This went on throughout the afternoon. On one hand, it was interesting to hear Alvin at work and yet disturbing to listen to him and Jasmine flirt.

It was late afternoon when Sue Ann came in, "Mistress, I have Jason on the phone for you... Oh my god."

The sound of gagging, something being dropped and the bedroom door slamming shut assaulted my ears in rapid order. A moment later Jasmine came over with the dropped phone, giggling. As she turned on the pickup and set it down on the nightstand, I could hear Alvin's chuckle, "I guess she didn't care for the sight of your innards Sam."

Ignoring him, I saw a little version of Jason forming in the holographic viewer. He was sitting behind an onyx desk and behind him; I could see what looked like cactuses and a desert. "How the hell you get cactuses to grow up here?" I asked in way of a hello.

Chuckling a little at the greeting, Jason replied, "It's pretty easy with the desert heat, Sam. They are about the only thing that will grow out here. So, since you seem to be lying in bed, I hope you're not calling to have phone sex."

I blushed at the thought. I had wanted to bed Jason when he and Maradith had come but I needed a friend more than a bed partner. Ever since that night, I had regretted not bedding him. "You have a problem with phone sex? I am sure working together Maradith and I can get a rise out of you." I winked and then continued, "Actually no, I did have a couple of reasons to call."

Jason actually blushed at the idea that Sam hinted at, but seemed to catch on that she was calling for something of greater importance. "I'll pass that on to Maradith when she returns. What is it that I can help you with, my friend?" He smiled at the phrase of my friend, since, according to Maradith, he had so few real ones.

"First, I want to know why is it I have not heard hide or hair from you in so long. Playing hard to get?" I asked. "Secondly, I have a couple of people I need to find and am drawing a blank. I was hoping you two might be able to shake something loose." I really did not think he would have any better luck then I was having. Nevertheless, not to try is to fail.

Jason looked sorrowful as he answered, "Well, Sam, to answer you in the same order, I have tried on a few occasions to call you and came by once, but each time your girls told me you were either busy, unavailable or indisposed, whatever that really means. I thought that maybe Maradith or I might have done something wrong during our last visit to cause you to avoid us." He paused a moment and continued, "Second, I'll be glad to help out, but if these are people in your city, I doubt I'll find them out here in the desert."

Sighing I rub my eyes, "Forgive me Jason, the girls were being bad and I have spoken to them about screening my calls before. What say, next time you are in town, you both come over and Maradith can have fun punishing them while you and I get reacquainted." Behind me, I could hear Jasmine's gasp. "Yes, the more I think about it, you both must come out to visit. Perhaps stay a few days here?" I felt the damning blush coloring my cheeks.

Clearing my throat, I said, "Well the names are so damn odd that who knows, it can't hurt to ask." I looked around and Jasmine came over with the folder, "Thank you dear." Opening it I said, "Here we are, Namah and Pasht. The only thing I can think of is that the odds are they are really old."

Jason closed his eyes and shook his head before opening them again. "I'm sorry, Sam, those names don't sound familiar to me. I can ask some of my girls here, but I'm not sure if any of them would recognize any old names. I'll call Dark Desires up there and see if any of them may have come across anyone with those names before too." Jason pulled a pad of paper to him and grabbed a pen. "Can you spell those names for me?"

I spelled out the names slowly and then asked, "What about Maradith? You said she was out of town. Could you ask her when she gets back? It's really important Jason. Someone is... well not killing them but what is left is better off dead."

Writing quickly as Sam spells the names, Jason lay's the pen down on the page, looking at the names, his face concentrating on them more before looking back up, no longer smiling as wide as he was earlier. "I'll get right on this Sam. Make sure you're taking care of yourself. I don't need my only true friend to get hurt."

"Don't worry about me hon," I said in reply and hung up the phone. "Jasmine, will you get Jade for me please?"

"Yes mistress," she replied. A few minutes later, she came back in and said, "Mistress, she, Angela, Crystal, and Tigress went out. According to Heather she heard Kitten giving them orders to go pick up some men."

Chapter 10 -- Kitten's viewpoint

Once momma had settled down to sleep, I got up and prowled around the house. My mind was running like a cheetah and I needed time to think. Sitting down under a bush in the grotto, I could feel the humans in the house settling down for the night. Heather, Jasmine, and Alvin were together in one room, while the others were snuggled together in another. Other than Angela and Tigress talking while guarding Lady's door, the house was quiet.

Momma's actions earlier in the day confused me. She had saved me, and yet the action had cost her the use of her legs. Would I have done the same for her? I wondered. I did not know. I would gladly die for momma, but there are things worse than death. The thought of spending eternity crippled with my rear legs forever dead and tail dragging the ground horrified me. I would rather be dead then in that state. However, momma had saved me knowing the cost.

Lady too had risen to the challenge. She had stood up to the men when they came to take me. Moreover, she was only a young child. Every time someone tried to separate us, she stood up to them and kept me with her. Would I have done the same in her place?

A low keening wail rose unbidden from my lips and echoed softly through the house as I realized I was not worthy of ether women. In their cases, I would have cut and run. All my life, I looked down on humans; they were so slow and clumsy. They were not noble, like I was. Now, in the morning light, I realized, I was wrong. I knew I had to make it up to momma and to Lady. I had to prove myself worthy of their love.

I could hear momma's girls getting up and moving around the house as I stood and stretched. I would solve this case for momma and bring Lady's kidnappers to her as gift. That would show I was worthy of their love. Going down to Lady's room, I sat on her bed in cat form and looked at her. She looked much better than before and with Arianne snuggled up tight against her, seemed to be at peace.

Resting my paw on her arm lightly I dove into her mind. Together we relived the abduction, the men that took her and the sprays of garlic in her face. As if watching a movie, I rewound and ran it repeatedly stopping her at points to look at the men. All of a sudden, I knew who they were; they were the same four that attacked me.

Breaking contact, I went out and transformed in front of Angela and Tigress. "Angela, remember the men who attacked me?"

"Yes Kitten." She replied calmly still stroking Tigress on her lap.

"They were the ones who kidnapped Lady. Find them, bring them back here." I said. When she made no move to get up I gripped her shoulder, my claws dimpling the skin. "Momma and Lady will want to question them."

Still she made no move to get up as she said softly, "My job is to guard this door Kitten, I cannot leave it."

"I will take responsibility for the damn door!" I snarled. "I need you and Tigress to track them down."

Angela got up and nodded, "Very well Kitten."

As she started to go up the stairs I said, "You better take help with you, remember they are not like other humans."

Stopping Angela smiled, "Don't worry Kitten, Jade and Crystal will go with us." For a moment I felt a kinship with Angela, her thoughts were catlike just before going out on a hunt.

Once they were gone, I went back to Lady. Together we reminisced in her dreams the good times we had together. She was and always would be my best friend and had I not had momma now, I would have begged her to let me stay with her for as long as she would allow. Perhaps I could talk momma into visiting with her so we could catch up with each other. I also felt Lady's love for her daughter and realized Arianne was just as I was. She too needed a mother to take care of her. It seemed funny, we two got along like cats and dogs and yet we both were fiercely loyal to our mommas. With one thing and another time slipped by and before I knew it, it was early evening.

Going up to momma, I arrived just as Alvin and Jasmine were finishing up. Sitting on the edge of her bed, I looked from one to the others to see how she would be. Her feelings seemed calmer than they were earlier so I felt at ease. Even so, I wanted to hear from Alvin, "Momma better?"

"Yes Kitten, Momma is better," he said. He looked at Samantha and added, "But you have to slow down Sam. Another blow to the head and you will permanently be paralyzed." Beside him, Jasmine was nodding seriously.

Momma shrugged it off, "You know me Alvin."

He looked at me and said, "Kitten, momma has to take it easy from now on." He glanced at her before turning back to me, "We all know Sam won't listen to anyone. It's up to you to keep her inline Kitten. Do you think you can do it?"

I realized Alvin was asking me to take care of momma. "Yes Alvin, I will take care of Samantha." I said. I did not realize that I had fallen out of talking simple and third person until after the words had flowed out. However, by Momma's reaction I saw she had noticed.