All Comments on 'Saving Tess'

by mindventure

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

After finding it hard to get in to this story, particularly with that rape and yes it was rape, we're faced with a woman on the run for her life and she's more worried about having an orgasm than being safe, one of the first things she packed was her vibrator when she should have been packing water. By the time I got to her having another orgasm over the guy who saved her I gave up. One of the worst characters I have read and its nice to warn readers there will be rape or any noncon themes, that way we don't read it if we don't want to,

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Hmm agree with previous anon. She also talks too much about her body, her legs etc, we got it the first time. No need to repeat how obsessed she is not only with orgasms but with her body. And a dress was made with her body in mind from Target? Sounded a little full of herself. And to go from an abusive relationship to having sex with the guy who saved her less than 2 days later? Just not a likeable character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I have to disagree with the negative comments. The woman had not been abused long, so had not developed the downtrodden traits of a chronically abused woman. She felt relief and joy and safety with a new guy, for the first time the kind of guy she needed. Noticing her own body more than once was not inappropriate; many women, even beautiful ones, struggle with body image and look for reassurance on a regular basis. Good story. I enjoyed it.

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
Enjoyed the tale!

I kept expecting Tony to show back up...!

Geon54Geon54over 7 years ago
Risky behaviour?

Enjoyed the story but one thing sort of jumped out at me...

Why did she repackage her birth control pills into an empty pill bottle? If they were the type that come in a 30 day blister pack type thing, doing so strikes me as a good way to risk pregnancy since they don't come in a bottle for a reason. I thought that they are packaged that way primarily to foster and maintain a once-a-day habit and not all days are created equal (some may even be placebos??). Being a male, I am not an expert on the subject, it just struck me as odd since the original packaging would have still fit in her fanny pack. I was thinking maybe it was a plot point (i.e., subsequent pregnancy) up to the very end.

whatshername86whatshername86over 7 years ago
Thought provoking

I always enjoy this writer's stories. The topics are always well-thought out with great character development. I imagined myself in Tess's position and I don't know if I would have had the courage to leave as soon as she did. The romance between Tess and Frank was believable in that I know a lot of couples whose relationships developed in a very short period of time. There is nothing wrong in a woman falling for a decent man who wants to take care of her. As to a couple of the comments, if I find a storyline that offends me or a writer I don't care for, I simply don't read the story.....just sayin'.

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterover 7 years ago
'Motel Sex' or 'Motel Six' ???

On the last page when it said that 'motel sex' was good I couldn't help wondering if that was a cute misspelling of Motel Six! :-)

Good story. Yes, things move a little fast and work out wonderfully, but hey, it's fiction (romance fiction, even) and most of us, myself included, are a sucker for happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story

I loved this story but I wish you hadn't added in using a douche. All they do is cause infection as the vagina is self cleaning and a douche just pushes any bacteria further into the reproductive system. It also affects the delicate ph balance and can cause infection.

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Just A Feel Good Story*****

Thanks for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Now I Know

Now I know what my dad meant when he said some people would bitch if you hanged them with a new rope. Jeez! I thought it was pretty plain that she put her BC pills in a plain empty pill bottle so that Tony wouldn’t notice that they were gone as quickly. As for the early warning about a possible rape, so you wouldn’t have to read the story if you didn’t want to? You ALREADY ‘didn’t have to read the story if you didn’t want to’. Nobody put a gun to anybody’s head here. I wonder what these people do when they read a story in the newspaper that they don’t like. I mean, they actually paid money for that story that they didn’t like. That must really piss’em off.

Babygirl234Babygirl234over 3 years ago
Loved it!

I just loved where Tess says she's a kept woman and was one before, and I love how you hint at Frank's profession before he tells her by having him do cop stuff to ensure her safety.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it and am going to save it will certainly read again

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Most beautiful woman on the planet, a druggie and a cop? Not that interesting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermindventure@mindventure
Just a guy who likes to write..........I was born at a very early age but didn’t develop an interest in writing until much later. I began writing fiction in high school and briefly considered a career as a journalist or freelance writer before life steered me in a different di...

SIMILAR Stories