All Comments on 'Say My Name'

by DavidPatrick

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 6 years ago
Wow

Sometimes on this site, there is actual literature rather than porn. This wove a spell - characters, the pacing, the "action." Thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

You really are just too good for this site, and I thank you for submitting stories anyway. This story did not disappoint. Your pacing and character development for such a short piece is amazing. I fell in love and grieved the relationship ending along with Timothy and Michael. ...If only... I read the story early this morning and it has stayed with me all day, a melancholy mist. Well done.

WickedlittlemeWickedlittlemeover 6 years ago
As usual, your writing is beyond compare.

I always look forward to seeing your handle on this site as I know I will love the story. As someone below mentioned you are far to talented for this site yet I wish I saw more of your writing.

sj_53sj_53over 6 years ago
Powerful!

Amazing, wish I could have given you 10 stars or maybe 100. I have read some of your longer stories and always enjoyed them. This story stirred my emotions. The fact that it was relatively short made it all the more powerful. You are a master of the written word.

sj_53

Hutchison12Hutchison12over 6 years ago
Simply Amazing

I absolutely love your writing, I write with glazed eyes threatening to spill.Tthe build of the characters, feelings hopes and desire, Marco it's not too late go to Michael...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I have read all of your stories. They are great, but I don't think I can take the sadness anymore. I read them, then took a break for a couple of months. Then you posted 'Please wait for me' which clearly stands out to me in tone so when I noticed this one I hoped it would be just as... well, hopeful, but alas, it was not. Still great for me, but I just can't take the sadness anymore. I will re-read 'Please wait for me though', just stay away from all the others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Intensely Painful!!!

I both loved and hated this story! Why couldn't they be together? I see no reason why. It seems like self induced pain and suffering to me. They had something so amazing together, so now they get to spend the rest of there lives needing it and wanting!!! They should be together, whatever is required logistically or with work or school could be worked out! Maybe its just Timothy, and he loves the chase and the seduction more than what they shared. I hated the ending the most!!! Self induced misery......

leahcarrleahcarralmost 6 years ago

Beautiful and heartbreaking. I'm writing a happy ending for them in my head. Years later, I chose to believe they find each other again.

Just lovely, lovely storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Damn, I don't know why I continue to read your stories. I'm consumed with sadness, but just like always, this story was incredible even though I hate that they couldn't be together. It broke my heart. Sometimes I forget that these are just stories as I find myself hours later still thinking of these characters, my heart breaking all over again. You are a fantastic writer and your stories really resonate with me. Thank you

Kmax1958Kmax1958about 3 years ago

You do this well. Pull us in, wrap us up in the story and characters. Then break our hearts. And I keep coming back for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Aw look! Another awful awful ending, what a shocker...

joeoggijoeoggi10 days ago

Why does it have to be? Good question You are such a good writer and after reading your catalog,I’m kinda depressed

DavidPatrickDavidPatrick9 days agoAuthor

Some have HEA endings, e.g., A Tale As Old As Time. But, one of the protagonists in this story was eighteen, so there was no path to an HEA. But, I’m now pondering a return to Chicago, an art show, recognition, and . . . . .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDavidPatrick@DavidPatrick
784 Followers
Poor kid who made his way.

story TAGS