All Comments on 'Screw or Bolt?'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not much of any kind of story

This was the paper plate of stories in the fine china of life.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I'll take option C

none of the above.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
Snapshot

Nice tight flash story. Thanks. *****

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
unlabelled flash story...with a little lesson thrown in

that lesson being: not all cuck-horn-hangers are stupid, mean-spirited assholes out to screw you over.

We can argue that this one may be stupid, but when the husband appears, he tries to do (one of) the most (or at least 'more') decent things possible under those circumstances - disappear quickly. When that doesn't work, he defends himself ably (but not overwhelmingly), and actually apologizes to the guy at the first opportunity for conversation. Those are some reasonably clear signs of an at least moderately decent human being who was suddenly caught in an unexpectedly bad situation.

When he runs across the guy again much later on, he proves his inner moderately decent human nature by living up to his word and buying the cheated-upon husband the promised beer. All in all, he's not such a bad guy.

...and even for a flash story, this one is from the not-so-typical viewpoint of the "outsider" who stumbled into the marriage problem _almost_ "innocently".

4* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really?

Really? 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Interesting read

Still, trying to figure out this whole story does it actually fits as a Loving Wife story and not something else?

My reasoning: first time main character (Dick) met her; she appears to just be a single mother w/no wedding ring. Then a year and a half later she runs into him; not checking if her status changed; yeah, sort of an idiot move. But, you would think there would be stuff around the house to announce a certain male/husband in residence.

But, really her not informing Dick of her status; yeah, just another slut. The whole moving (to Florida) bit; heard this one before when a girl either doesn't want to see someone again or to just throw them off the trail. And, the whole husband character?

I think this story is a good example of 1 reason why a single guy should really rethink ANY relationship with a single mother.

Just trying to really place the category; at least in my own head.

Good story either way; thanks for the offering.

magmamanmagmamanover 7 years ago
Different

Different is what I like. I remember a couple of times in my life of finding out about the husband after the fact. One never knows when meeting women in bars.

One husband was very VERY mad at me, which since I had no idea at all he existed I never understood. That ended with the typical bit of a scuffle, which bad for him I was pretty good at when I was in my 20's.

The other one didn't give a shit and tried to get me to take her off his hands....???

Some women are really strange..

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Compared to the rest of your stories this one falls shortest of them all, this simply isn't the are for your so just stick to the romance category and what you're good at.

Can't give this more than a 2* rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Enough

Good enough to be likeable. 4 stars.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
It was just a quickie

The story and the sex were both quickies, and neither was among this author's best in my opinion.

I agree with the previous anonymous comment that ReedRichards is at his best when he writes Romance. Experience suggests that Old Romantics don't do quickie sex well.

Lue

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Thanks****

For the read.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
Not bad, but not satisfying...

Not bad, but not satisfying...But a read...2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
mah

vanilla

definitely not a "loving wife", no hot sex or anything..

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5

annony is just an old ugly fat fag, pay him no attention!!!

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE ACTED LIKE USAIN

and screw the screw, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Gave it 5*s just for the heck of it.

But mostly because he acted the way I would have in a similar situation.

That bitch was toxic. But I still think you really hate your male characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not much plot or drama, but it was an effort.

I suspect you don't need me to tell you what this story lacked. What is had was the beginnings of a decent story, but it never got written. To short, too shallow, and not enough substance to constitute a plot. But thanks for the effort.

soldierboy50401soldierboy50401over 7 years ago
I must confess...

...that I actually enjoyed this story. It had the feel of a story that a guy might share with his buddies while chilling for a few minutes on a work break, or maybe over a few beers at his favorite watering hole. Either way, I like the take that not every guy who happens to be "the other guy" necessarily wants to be. There's more than a few women out there pretending to be single for a night and are looking for some NSA fun. Same thing with guys who think that taking the ring off for the night means "it doesn't count". And that sense of realism is where the redeeming quality of this story is. Keep up the good work and keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sorry...

... that I said you hated your male characters. I had you confused with RichardGerald. Too many Dicks around on this site to not be confused. ;)

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 7 years agoAuthor
Yeah, this one was a bit different from me . . .

. . . and it came to me while I was taking a shower a few days earlier. Thing is, the first eleven paragraphs are 96.45% true, real, actually happened to me, though it was back in the late 70s. I was remembering what had happened, started writing it, and just took it from there; the remainder is fiction.

After I had submitted it, I thought about revising it, to have Dick and Max talking things out, in the bar, and Dick convincing Max to give his marriage another try. I sort of had that part written out, in my head anyway, but the story had already been accepted by that point.

Leigh is a real person, though that isn't her name.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
No bromance

Nice succinct story. Funny how guys can pummel each other then have a beer. Women don't generally understand how that can happen, but it can. Anyhow, nice details of a college town vibe. I like women in overalls too- I had a college roommate who was the same size as his girlfriend (now wife, going on 20+ years) and they interchanged wearing overalls. She had long straight black hair and looked really nice in them. Had a real urge to undo those shoulder straps, but held off out of respect and friendship for my roommate. I can still fantasize though, right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice

I liked it. The same sort of thing happened to me, although it was in high school. Found another guy fucking my girlfriend at a party and the two of us went toe to toe for a few minutes. He was bigger than me by about 40lbs and a few inches taller, but rage was on my side. It was stopped before either of us were hurt really bad, but I was feeling pretty good about it.

He and I became great friends after that. It turned out he didn't know Alice was going out with me and who was going to pass up pussy from a 5' 100lb blond girl who loved to fuck? Not only was that the end of us, but he wouldn't have anything to do with her either. A few years after HS she married another guy we both knew and went on to cheat on him dozens of times that I knew of.

Once a cheater, always a cheater. I'll never forget that phrase.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

stupid shit.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Ugh...

Not very complete or full in the way of explanations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So you might want another

True story idea. Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com. Real life college instructor in Helena Montana. Numerous affairs. Lost job because one guy she fucked was student she had sexually harassed and coerced

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well that was good for a laugh.

But I liked the comment from another one of your failed LW stories. Double dumb ass!

This guy wasn't very smart. The story really wasn't very clever or entertaining. Maybe stick to romance?

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hey If you Ain't been in that situation

you have not pushed the envelope... Smiling... a big 5 thanks for the flashback

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Better

Much better than your latest offering. You really are a good writer in my opinion.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
2nd time through this two part story.

Leigh was just a piece of shit honestly.

She just wasn't sympathetic or attractive.

She was a pathetic cheating bitch that just destroyed her marriage for the fuck of it.

I don't blame Dick cause he didn't know but I don't see any sane or solid man staying with such a pathetic and frivolously faithless bitch.

Sorry Reed. This bitch sucked literally and figuratively.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not sure why this author submits his stuff. It must be some kind of therapy or penance for him. It's clearly not because of the high caliber of his efforts.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

.......So where's the story?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Screw or Bolt Previous Part
Screw or Bolt Series Info