All Comments on 'Space Relations Pt. 02'

by CorvusTurrim777

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Gotta share my Monday morning confusion...

I finshed SR, (Space Relations), Pt. 01 early this morning/late last night, and was at this page on my iPad. Another Lit title caught my eye, for whatever reason, (maybe the shapes of the letter), "The Lorian Paradox", and I opened it, to check out later.

I started to read SR Pt. 02, and I must have dozed off, as I frequently do,

[(I just remembered the following event, as I was writing this comment. Now, I'm editing, so, the ad hoc, 'Oh, Gawd, I just remembered something disastrous, the adrenaline is flowing, I have to warn people', urgency, is muted. BUT, there is still a chance someone might read this, and be helped. LOL So, on with the PSA.) .

IF you read on a tablet, and fall asleep, read on. It may save yer ass. ALWAYS wear a full top, or shirt; your touch pad, face down on your bare skin can have disastrous results. I fell into an exhaustive sleep last Summer, after a long day on the roof and, just from the movement of breathing while asleep, 'I' managed to close close what I was working on, in my Note app, switch to a different folder, then delete nearly dozen files, AND delete about half of those from RDF, (Recently Deleted Files). I woke up from a sound sleep with RDF open, and 4-5% of my data was gone. Fortunately, I don't trust 0's & 1's and farther than I can see them, I have redundant, redundancy, in my backup scheme. I know I was not 'sleep deleting', I had absolutely NOT been working in the app, for two or three days before that, and the those files were still there, and the file I HAD been working on was just at the point I recalled, plus looking at it, again, I remembered making a back up of the file, then thinking I'd just close my eyes for a second... and you know the rest.

Hope this helps someone.

Sorry for interruption.]

I woke up shortly thereafter. I always look at the time when I wake up, because my sleep pattern is polyphasic, ("Look it up, and learn something, buster." - This message brought to you by the hungover English teacher we all had somewhere along the line. The one we learned the most from.), as a solution for chronic pain, and I have conditioned myself to keep track of the time I sleep.

It was only 4-5 minutes. I looked down at the page I had been reading. Finding what I thought was a scene change, I ventured on...

(Reading on Lit IS adventuring, more than just reading, IMHO; but that IS why I love it.)

It was a dramatic scene change to a good looking man, and woman in space, on some secret mission. My first thought was, 'Well, Corvus, that IS a bold move.', and carried on...

I finished the chapter, looked at the byline, and went, "Wha...?"

'Who in the eff is PTWinters? And what did I just read if it wasn't SR by Corvus...?'

Then, I started laughing, realizing what I had done. But, as I thought about it, as I usually do, with Lit Submissions, the chapter transition was abrupt, but with Corvus' use of 21st Century slang and idioms, the dialogue didn't change THAT much.

I could see the next chapter being a disaster, or mishap, for the beautiful spies, who ended the chapter, 'in dilecto', so to speak, (of course), which always dramatically raises the chance something bad is about to happen.

The duo is then thrust in the path of The Angry New Captain, and oversexed crew, and adventures ensue.

Or, THAT is how I saw it going...

Until I realized I had 'writer jumped'...

Try it... SR Pt. 01 to The Lorain Paradox by PTWinters, then come back, and compare notes.

Sorry if this high jacks your comment thread, but if you were the first to try 'writer jumping', it might ensure others do. Right now, this part has 7,000 and change views, and no comments. Maybe it will get people engaged.

Or, this will whither on the vine...

But my soul WILL be crushed if this doesn't become "An Internet Sensation", by...

next Wednesday?

Marklynda2Marklynda23 months ago

A shoe? Did it have a swoop on it's sides? Lol. Another well thought out and written chapter. I look forward to reading the next. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorvusTurrim777@CorvusTurrim777
Corvus Turrim is an author of adults-only erotica in a variety of genres, including taboo themes such as inter-family relationships, cheating wives, and in the broader scopes of fantasy, science fiction and a little in the way of horror. Corvus has independently published a go...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES