All Comments on 'Second Chances'

by humantouch

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
????????????????????

Incest/Taboo? Where??????

MrLurkerMrLurkerabout 12 years ago

4* but belongs in the Erotic Couples category.

trite_readertrite_readerabout 12 years ago
Really?

Incest/Taboo? Really? Ohhhh I get it.... You must be one of those idiots that focuses on the Taboo as something a little out of the ordinary, like old/young as well as teacher/student. Right.

Fucking boring, okay? Especially given the rest of the submissions in this category.

For 'Erotic Coupling' this would have scored a 4 maybe 5. It was well written after all.

For 'Incest/Taboo' this scores a 1 star. Ultimately, it WAS misleading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Teacher of English?

You must be joking!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What category?

Very good, but but should be listed under "Mature". The general idea is similar to "One Fall Semester Break", a nice story also, which is under "Mature".

humantouchhumantouchabout 12 years agoAuthor
replies

I asked for advice on category since I am new at this, but there was no input. I originally put it in this place because of it's taboo nature of student/teacher relationship. I didn't realize everything here had to also be incest. I read incest/taboo as two different things because they are two different words, therefore placed it here. @trite: taboo IS out of the ordinary, otherwise it would be the norm, and not taboo. But before you call someone an idiot, perhaps you should write your own to be critiqued. Readers who have opinions should at least try it once.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Ah, yes the critics

Author, those that can" write", those that can't critic. Never fails, everybody knows how to do something better than those that actually do it.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 12 years ago
A nicely done tale

A good short story about a subject that seems to be in the news a lot lately. The taboo sex between a teacher and a student.

Well written and a fast moving story that kept my interest through out.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

i wouldnt mind a second chapter just to see how they turned out in the new town and all

humantouchhumantouchabout 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks.

I have had a bunch of requests for a followup chapter or sequel. I will have to give it some thought.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Four Stars...

...but should have been five. The writer claims to be an English teacher, yet the story is riddled with "your" in place of "you're" and other similar errors that an English teacher would, surely, not be making.

humantouchhumantouchabout 12 years agoAuthor
Ok anonymous...

He teaches public school...

BTW, you should register to this site to post comments. People will take them more seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
have to laugh at the writer

wants readers to register to be taken seriously. how serious can WE readers take a writer that can't spell and puts a story in the wrong catagory? and i'm real sure we can find a listing for humantouch in the phone book right. you're just as anonymous as we are so stop bitching. the sucked even as taboo it sucked. you want all readers to register buy us all a computer and pay the internet bill and we will.

humantouchhumantouchalmost 12 years agoAuthor
yes register

Writers value honest feedback, even when it is negative. It helps the process, and assists when making method improvements on the next. It is easier to take them seriously when we can review other left comments elsewhere in order to discover if you really are passionate about writing, or simply trolling. Many writers here are amateurs. But there are also pros too who publish elsewhere under real names. There is no real distinction here between the two. You will find a grammatical error once in a while. Though they are few. Mentioning it is ok. Complaining about it is tacky. If it upsets you that much, perhaps you would prefer using a site that makes you pay for stories. Even short stories take a lot of creativity, proofreading, and editing. You should perhaps write your own and see for yourself.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
Please, Please, Please,

Don't masquerade as an English instructor when you cannot write a simple story without violating almost every rule of sentence structure and grammar.

Quit now while you are only this far behind.

Please.

I would cite examples, but you would need to be able to recognize the errors to learn from them.

humantouchhumantouchover 8 years agoAuthor
rightbank...

This was only the second story I wrote. There were bound to be a few errors in it. I welcome constructive criticism when it is structured and points out flaws objectively. When it is just insulting, I don't pay much attention to it. But perhaps you can cite some examples of grammatical errors and compare them to your own submissions if you decide to make them. I would be happy to read and learn, should such an option become possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
There are more than 'a few' grammatical errors

The story is riddled with them, perhaps you should have got yourself a proper proof-reader, or done a better job. You change tenses in the middle of sentences, you constantly use 'your' in place of 'you're'; in case you don't know, one is the possessive (your car, your dog, your house) the other is a contraction of 'you are' as in 'you're a thin-skinned jerk who calls out everyone who calls you out for obvious and easily corrected errors repeated endlessly instead of actually listening to what they're saying'. You used 'site' instead of 'sight', and that habit of changing from First Person Past to First Person present and back again in the middle of sentences is bizarre to say the least.

You said you appreciate all criticism, even the negative stuff; well it doesn't look like that from your snotty remarks to the people who've tried to point them out to you. I write on this site, and I understand howwe all have to start somewhere, but when people gave honest criticism I took it and learned from it; biting back is not learning, it's not a demonstration of superior wit, it's brattish, pointless arrogance, and proves to people you're exactly what they think you are with every smartass comeback.

Also, this story may have taboo connotations, but erotic it's not, it's milder than a small-town librarian, and about as interesting as a three-day old beer.

Everything I've written here, taken with all the other comments and good advice from all the others who've tried to point out basic errors to you, constitutes a writing master-class compared to the poor quality of your (note how I used that word again?) writing and comprehension of the rules of grammar, and should be ringing a bell in your head that perhaps you're not the talented, unsung genius you obviously believe yourself to be. I'd offer to edit for you, as I do for several other top writers in this genre, but I won't waste my time, you wouldn't accept a single correction, because you're a genius and we're all witless bumpkins. Good luck with doing anything memorable on this site.

And one more thing before I go; you always WRITE numbers, (nine o'clock, not 9 o'clock, not 9 AM - 'tomorrow night at nine o'clock' is a good way of expressing time of day, not '9 PM tomorrow'; that's sloppy writing).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous