Secret Liaisons

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HexingGirl
HexingGirl
174 Followers

"How much was the room?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Damn it, just tell me."

"No. It's paid for and that's that. Don't worry about it, Mya."

Rolling her eyes, she pushed off the back wall and strolled out into the hallway, looking to either side before falling in beside him as they headed down the left side of the hall. Stopping when he did, her arm brushed his as he pushed the door open for her and she offered a polite smile before entering their room for the next two days. Seeing only one bed, she frowned and looked back at him as he shut the door and turned to follow her into the room.

"I'll sleep in one of the chairs or something."

She shook her head and set her bag on the dresser by the TV before hanging her garment bag on the back of the door. "It's a queen, or king, whichever. We have plenty of room for the both of us to sleep peacefully." She couldn't believe she was even suggesting it but she didn't want him to suffer the back pain of sleeping in a chair that was only designed for sitting. "Sleeping in a chair will not be comfortable at all and then you'll be in pain for most, if not all, of the event."

"Are you sure?" He sat his bag in one of the chairs she was speaking about and glanced her way as she met his gaze and nodded.

"Yes, as long as you keep your hands to yourself." Softening the warning with a chuckle, she took her toiletry bag into the bathroom to begin the process of getting her makeup perfect. "I'm going to be in here for awhile so if you'd like to change and get ready for the party, feel free."

"Okay." He didn't need much prompting and he didn't worry about whether or not she might see him. To him it wasn't a big deal if she did though he knew she'd most likely have a cow if she knew he had seen her practically naked earlier that morning.

Setting out her primer, foundation and the palette of neutral shadows and blushes, she washed her face and patted it dry after pulling her hair back into a loose bun. Gently working the primer into her skin and around her eyes, she caught a glimpse of him in the corner of the mirror, the sight of his muscular back making her pause with her foundation brush halfway to her cheek. Swallowing the sudden lump in her throat, she couldn't help the fact that it was hard to pull her gaze away from the sight of him undressing. For a lawyer he had the physique of a Greek god, or as close to one as she could imagine. Admiring the strength of his muscles playing beneath his skin as he dressed, she finally tore her gaze away and tried to focus on blending the foundation out across her skin. Highlighting her cheekbones, she dusted them with a light pink blush and set to work on creating the perfect smoke-y eye with a sharp winged line of liner.

Picking up a deep burgundy lip liner, she paused as she heard footsteps coming towards the door. Glancing at him in the mirror, she smiled at the frown on his face and the lopsided tie around his neck. Setting the pencil down, she turned to him and un-tied the tie, smoothing the crinkles before re-tying it and letting him adjust the tightness to his like. "Better?" Seeing him nod, she turned back to the mirror and picked the pencil up again to line her lips and fill them before smoothing the same shade in a lipstick over it. Seeing him watching her, she set the lipstick down and glanced to him in the mirror once again.

"Did you need something?"

Her words seemed to snap him out of a trance and he shook his head before leaving her alone once more. The way he had looked at her had her insides curling hotly; no one had ever looked at her like that, not even her ex-fiance. Sprit-zing her face with a make-up setting spray, she fanned herself so it dried and sat about packing it all away again. Going to the door, she stopped short when he met her there with her garment bag.

"Thanks."

"No problem." Retreating, he went back and sat in one of the chairs as he waited, the sound of fabric rustling and her breathing enough to make him want to go back and just give her the kiss he had almost given her just a few moments ago. Hearing his name, he stood and made his way to the door again only to find her with her back to him.

"Can you zip me up, please?"

Nodding, he swallowed the need to kiss her and pulled the zipper up from its cradle and hooked the tiny fastener at the top edge of the zipper. "There you go."

"Thank you." She turned and pulled her hair down from the bun and looked up at him. "Up or down?"

He stared down at her, lost for a moment at the striking beauty before him. She looked so different from the woman he saw at the office every day, he almost couldn't believe it was her. "Wh...what? Sorry."

"My hair, should I leave it down or put it up, do you think?" She ran her fingers through it and looked into the mirror, manipulating it in a few different ways to give herself options.

"Down, definitely down." He stood behind her for a moment, watching her brush it and pull it to one side. Pinning it to one side, she met his gaze in the mirror and her breath caught, that spark in his eye making her suck in a sharp breath. Feeling his fingertips gently brush the back of her arm, she jumped slightly at the sound of a phone ringing. Gripping the edge of the counter as he broke away to answer it, she closed her eyes and caught her breath.

"That was my alarm. We should leave soon, if you're ready that is."

Turning the light off, she stepped into the shoes that had been sitting in the bottom of the garment bag and stepped out into the main room. "I'm ready. Would you mind holding onto my phone tonight? I...don't exactly have pockets."

"Sure."

She plucked it out of her purse and peeled the protective case back to slide her license and a credit card and some cash beneath it and fixed it back in place before handing it to him. "Thank you, now we can go."

Tucking her phone into the inside pocket of his suit jacket, he did the same with their room key and his phone before opening the door for her. Joining her outside their room, he offered her his arm and led her to the elevator. The silence between them was tense but it had taken on a different meaning now. There was a new dynamic to their relationship, an attraction that neither of them had expected to form in a thousand years. Even the ride to the event only served to strengthen that sexual tension forming between them. He found it difficult to even look at her without the need to kiss her popping up inside of him.

Pulling up outside the venue, the valet opened the doors for them and he rounded the car, handed his keys over and tipped the man before once more offering his arm to her. "So, am I introducing you as Mya or another name?"

"Use Marie. It's my middle name, so at least I'll recognize when you're speaking to me."

"Mya Marie...pretty names for a beautiful woman." Too late he realized what he said but he didn't regret it as much as he thought he would. Looking down at her, the blush tinting her cheeks made him smile as she looked away from him.

"If people ask, I don't work with you. I'm an old friend from out of state and I run a rescue for abandoned animals or something." She looked around at the crowd of people trying to find their seats and networking. Some people were dancing off on the side of the dance floor at the edge of the seating area and some were getting drinks at the bar, even this early.

"You got it, boss."

"Is it always this populated at these schmooze-fests?" She glanced at him for a split second as a few more couples trickled in behind them. He guided them further away from the entrance so they weren't blocking the way and gestured to an empty table situated halfway between the bar and the dance floor. As they worked their way towards it, he had to lean a little closer so she could hear him over the meld of music and conversations.

"Actually, there's usually a lot more, we are a little early unfortunately."

If looks could kill he would have been six feet under with the glare she fixed on him. He almost missed it actually, it flitted across her face so quickly he almost thought he might have imagined it but her words confirmed what his eyes had seen.

"Early? How early Alek? First you twist my arm to get me to come, then barge into my house for an unwanted sleepover and now you bring me to this crap-fest early?! I swear to..." Her tirade was interrupted by an event photographer that politely asked for a picture and as soon as the other man was out of earshot, she resumed with a vengeance. "God, Alek, when this thing is over I am calling the board."

"And tell them what, Mya? All I have to say to them is that I thought it started an hour earlier."

"I need a drink." She dropped her hand from his arm as if it had suddenly become a snake and stalked off through the throng of tables to the bar. He stared after her, his eyes following the sway of her hips, the material of her dress clinging in all the right places. Clearing his throat, he was just about to sit down when he felt a heavy hand pat his shoulder. Turning around to face the owner, his mouth stretched into a smile at the sigh of his friend from the next state over.

"Looks like you finally met your match."

"Marie? No, she's a family friend, just in town for a few days; she owed me a favor."

"Mr. Aleksander Baranova, cashing in a favor to get a date to a charity event? You must be losing your touch, sir." They both let out a chuckle as Alek shook his head.

"Not at all. It was the only free night she had before she had to leave and we haven't seen each other in years, is all."

"If you say so. I've gotta see a man about a donation, but I'll talk to you again later." He gripped Alek's hand in a firm shake.

"I look forward to it, Uri. Have fun." The man lifted his glass on his way towards a small crowd of people and Alek took his seat.

-x-x-x-x-

Mya was fuming. He knew how much she hated these events and he brought them here an hour early just to punish her, though for what, she wasn't sure. They were both partners at the firm, they were both pretty even-keeled on the amount of cases they'd won. Sipping her vodka cranberry, she sulked on the thought for a while longer as she watched him talking to some man she had never seen before. Taking a deep breath, she slid off the bar stool and started back towards him just as he looked up to find her. He pinned those sky blue hues on her and for a moment she felt as if the world around her had just been paused. Keeping her eyes on him, she weaved in and out of the tables to get to him and when she finally reached him, she only had one word for him.

"What?"

He shook his head just a little, as if to clear it and tore his gaze from hers finally as she sat down beside him. "Oh, its nothing."

"Okay." She highly doubted that. Something had changed between them and she couldn't put her finger on it. Not yet at least. She had always felt slightly attracted to him, physically at least. How could she not be? He was just the type of man that got her engine revving but his personality rubbed her the wrong way most days. He was tall, towering over her even in her tallest heels and his blue eyes were like looking up into the clearest skies. And whatever cologne he wore was like icing on the proverbial cake, more than a few times she had caught herself closing her eyes as he passed her office and pulling the scent into her lungs and savoring it. Catching herself before the thoughts could take a turn, she took a small sip of her drink just as two more photographers came up to them.

"Are you Mr. and Mrs. Baranova? Mr. Stilenski would like a picture of his biggest donors of the evening, he wants to blow it up and put it on his wall of donors in the main lobby." Before either of them could object to the fact that they weren't married, they were being asked to get closer and smile.

"Just roll with it, I'll owe you." He whispered it out of the corner of his mouth and gently laid his arm across her shoulders, his fingertips grazing the soft skin of her upper arm gently. Deciding to let it go for the moment, she let herself melt into his side and brought a happy smile to her lips. Waiting as both photographers snapped multiple pictures, she stifled a sigh as another came up to join the first two. They held the pose as they new comer grabbed a few shots for his camera roll, as well. Just when they both thought they were done, a new suggestion was voiced and before she could verbally disagree, they other photographers were all but demanding they get a good picture of the happy couple sharing a loving kiss.

"You're gonna owe me so big, Alek."

He barely heard her whisper because his blood was suddenly pounding in his ears. Her arm came up around his shoulders and her soft hand cupped the back of his neck as she turned her face up towards his. Nodding imperceptibly, he touched his fingertips to the gentle slope of her jaw and then he got the first touch of her lips against his. Whatever she was expecting to feel, a jolt of electricity traveling the length of her spine and pooling in the cradle of her hips was definitely not it. Leaning closer into the kiss, she couldn't help the way her lips parted to let the softest whisper of a moan out to press against his lips. The moment he felt them part, his tongue darted out to sweep across her lips, a silent request to gain entry. She had almost opened further to him when the sound of the photographers thanking them interrupted their surprise moment of bliss.

The moment was broke, lying shattered between them and as she pulled back and leaned into the back of her chair, she had to slam her 'work mask' back in place. On the inside she was dazed by the feelings that kiss inspired but she wasn't going to let them be painted all over her face for him to see. Clearing her thoughts, she glared after the gaggle of photographers just as he made a grab for a passing champagne flute being carried on a tray through the room.

"What was that?" He had barely finished the second word before she was out of her chair and sauntering towards the exit. Growling to himself, he sat back and surveyed the room. He had made his donation the day before online, so he had expected to be asked for pictures and he thought maybe the host would mention in his speech but he had definitely not expected that. He had just turned his thoughts to that kiss; a kiss that still had his lips tingling in the aftermath, when the chairs to either side of him were suddenly filled.

"Old family friend, huh? That looked like a lot more than that, right Uri?"

"It did, Michael, it looked like a helluva lot more."

"Oh shut up. The photographers thought we were married and started demanding a picture of us kissing. It was nothing."

"It didn't look like nothing."

It hadn't felt like 'nothing,' either.

-x-x-x-x-

Mya had to leave. Suddenly it felt like the walls had begun to close in on her and the noise level had skyrocketed, along with the temperature. As soon as she was outside, she turned and started walking, the coll air washing across her face working to calm her down. The further she got from the venue, they more the mask slipped and the more the kiss invaded her thoughts. Why did it affect her like that? Or at all, really? And did he taste like the pecan cookies her mom used to make? That was the weirdest thing to her because whenever she thought of home, the scent of her mom baking those cookies filled her senses.

Shaking her head, she turned her focus outward only to realize she had no idea where she was. Pressing a hand to her forehead for a moment, she heaved a sigh of self-inflicted frustration before beginning to look for a cab. "Shit." It suddenly hit her. She had nothing. No phone, no ID, and no cash. She had given it to Alek to hold because she had no pockets. Looking around her, she spotted a motel and grinned in a silent victory. Crossing the street, she paused outside and put on the saddest expression she could muster, her eyes even filling with tears as she opened the door to the front office.

Giving the night clerk a song and dance of having a fight on the way to a dinner date with her fiance, she explained that he had pulled over and kicked her out of the car and demanded his ring back. She managed to squeeze out a few more tears and within a short few minutes he had gotten her hotel on the phone for her. "Hi, my name is Mya Tuomi and I'm staying in room 504. I lost my purse and can't call a cab, is there a way you could bill one to my room."

"We actually have our own car service. I can have a car there in as little as 15 minutes, Miss Tuomi."

"That would be so lovely, thank you so much." She handed the phone back to the clerk who had gotten her a box of Kleenex and a hot cup of coffee. He let her stay and nurse her 'broken heart' until her car arrived and she thanked him before heading out to what she hoped was a very expensive perk.

-x-x-x-x-

Once she was back in her, well their, room at the hotel, she immediately went to wash her face and brushed her hair back over her shoulders. After walking who knows how far in heels and a fancy dress, her feet were killing her and she was in need of a shower. Stripping her dress off, she laid it on the foot of the bed and went to enjoy the shower that would hopefully help her wash away the lingering heat from the kiss.

-x-x-x-x-

When he realized Mya wasn't coming back, he had wanted to go after her but just as he had stood up, the host had taken the stage to start the evening. It had taken what felt like forever to finish the whole event but that was only because his mind was somewhere else entirely. He was worried about her and could only hope she had found a way back to the hotel. When the event was beginning to finally wind down, he made his exit as hastily as he could and sped the whole way back to the hotel.

He was so focused on getting up to their room to check and see if she was there that he didn't notice the receptionist was trying to get his attention. Once he was in the elevator on the way up, he tried to think of what he could say to her. He had no idea where her head was on the matter and he didn't want to make her more mad at him than she already was. As he stepped off the elevator, he decided that he would just admit that while it had been unexpected ( to say the least), he had enjoyed what they had shared and that, if she wanted to, he would love to take her out for dinner some time.

Sliding the key card into the lock, he pushed the door open as it clicked and was treated to the sight of her naked backside as she towel dried her hair. Closing the door quietly behind him, he dropped the card by the door and sidled up behind her, his large hands coming to rest firmly on the curve of her hips. Feeling her jump in surprise, he stopped her from turning around and lowered his head until he could brush his lips across the shell of her ear. "Please tell me I'm not the only one who felt something when we kissed."

She tensed, her eyes closing as she pulled the towel from her head and held it against her chest. The woodsy sent of his cologne washed over her senses and her breath caught in her throat and a silent war began within her; should she lie and say no or should she tell the truth and admit that she had felt something, too? Another touch of his soft lips to her ear and the decision was made for her, the words tumbling out before she could stop them. "You weren't the only one, no."

Feeling his grip on her lips loosen, she turned and kept the towel in place as she brought her gaze up to meet his. She could see the lust in his eyes, along with desire and something else, but what she couldn't put her finger on. Relief, maybe? Relief that she hadn't said no and pushed him away? Those thoughts were pushed from her mind as he pulled her against him and brought another kiss ton her lips, this one more exploratory than the first. She hesitated at the first touch of his tongue brushing against the gates her lips formed and then she felt the nerves melt away.

HexingGirl
HexingGirl
174 Followers