Secret Smiles and Three Little Words Pt. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You know I've been pretty lenient on you, saving your consequences until you are done and what not," he said frowning.

"Consequences?" Alex furrowed her brow.

"Yes I'm keeping a running total for disobedience, snotty attitude, smart ass answers," Gavin pointed out. "I've given you a long leash, sort to speak, but this is getting tiresome."

"How many have I earned?" she asked thinking of all the things she had done. The disobeying his rules of eating, water and rest alone should make the number enormous.

"Really?" he smiled. She looked up at him and he winked at her.

"You're fucking with me," she shook her head.

"I'd rather be fucking you, but in lieu thereof, fucking with you is fun too!" he laughed stroking her face as he said it.

"God I love your laugh," she told him with a shake of her head as she put her arms around him. "I wish you would do it more often!"

"Well," he kissed her nose. "I've been doing it more since you came along!"

"Please wait for the unveiling?" she asked sweetly.

"Beg me some more," he smiled his secret smile.

"Pretty please?" She bowed her head. "With me in whip cream on top?"

"Talked me into it," he said. "Can I take you to lunch today?"

"Yes," she nodded.

"You're shitting me!" he gasped. "I can pull you from the wall during daylight hours?"

"I'm waiting for the last bit to dry so I can put the finishing touches on," she smiled.

"So you are using me to kill time," he shook his head.

"Hey!" Lena's voice called out from beyond the tarp that evening. Alex was just walking along the wall now, touching up here and there. "Great and powerful Oz, can you come out here for a moment?"

"Yes," Alex laughed as she made her way down.

The wall was done, and she happy with it. It turned out better than her sketches even. It was a good thing as well, tomorrow was the unveiling and both the Mayor and Gabby were furious when she wouldn't allow them to see it either. She wasn't going to let anyone see it!

Stepping out into the setting sun she gasped.

"Mom...Dad!" she stuttered out in shock. "What are you doing here?"

"We came for the unveiling!" her father said pulling her into a warm hug. In her stunned state it took a minute for her to return it.

"Oh my God!" she gasped as she pulled back from him. Her mother came in and hugged her loosely. Alex rolled her eyes. Her mother was never very affectionate.

"You smell," her mother complained as she attempted to pull some of the paint from her hair.

"I've been working under a tarp for three months," Alex defended with a roll of her eyes. The first dig of the Mother spurs.

"You are nothing but skin and bones," her father complained as he took her back into a hug regardless of her smell.

"I know," she frowned as she nestled into his chest and smelled his Old Spice. It brought back memories from her childhood. "I've been so busy!"

"You still look beautiful!" he smiled proudly.

"That's because I'm your daughter," she shook her head. "You are required by law to say that!" She looked to Lena who was smiling.

"What did you tell them?" she asked her roomie.

She just came to the realization that she had not told them about the wall. She had not told them about the art showing, she had not told them about Gavin! Holy shit, where does she begin?

"I told them about the wall," Lena said with a wink knowing exactly what she meant. "You have been down here every time they called! So I had to tell them something or they would have thought I let you join the Foreign Legion or something."

"Oh," Alex smiled. She was relieved that Lena didn't let out about the rest. It was something she wanted to tell them. But when she was ready.

"What else does she need to tell us?" Alex's mother asked noting the panic in her daughter's eyes.

"I have a lot to tell you," Alex smiled but she didn't know where to start!

"Like?" Her mother scowled.

"Well," Alex shook her head.

Start with the easy stuff first she decided. All of this with her father would be no problem. Alex's overly judgmental, religious mother would be another story all together.

She never approved of Alex's free living lifestyle. Her stubbornness. Of living in the city. Of any of her relationships.

If it was up to her mother, Alex would have settled down with a man right out of high school. A man Alex's mother would have chosen from their church as anything else was unworthy. She would have popped out a few kids by now, as that was what good Christian women did. Alex would have been completely miserable.

She would have never left Pennsylvania and would have been in a pew right next to her for Tuesday night Bible study, Wednesday night church services, Saturday children's church and then traditional Sunday services to top it all off.

Alex shook her head as she read the immediate disproval in her mother's eyes. She had seen it enough in her life to see it without looking really. The tone in her voice dripped with it.

"I have had my first art showing and I sold a few paintings," she told them as she could see the disappointment building in her mother.

"My goodness!" her father gasped. "That's fantastic!"

Just then her phone rang and she pulled it out of her pocket. It was Gavin. Holy shit. How does she handle this? She rubbed her forehead in anguish as she walked away putting the phone to her ear.

"Good evening, Sir," she semi whispered as she moved away from Lena and her parents.

"Why are you whispering?" he asked her in a similar whispered tone which got her giggling.

"I've got a monumental problem here," she said softly.

"You are not painting over it again!" he said loudly, then laughing knowing that wasn't the problem. He hoped. She was out of time anyway.

"No," she laughed with him. "My parents are here."

"Ok," he said slowly. "Do you not like your parents?"

"No, I love them, but I haven't told them about you," she frowned.

"Embarrassed of me, I see," he laughed.

"Absolutely not!" she growled. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me!"

"Well, you are young, there is still time," he laughed as she rolled her eyes at his statement.

"It's just I don't know if you want to meet them or not," she said after she was a good distance away.

"Are you ready for me to meet them?" he asked her.

"I'd love to show you off!" she told him her smile growing.

"Ok," he said softly. "I was going to take you out to dinner tonight, to celebrate your first night in three months of not having to deal with the wall, but let's have dinner at home. We can cook for them."

"Really?" she asked as she began tapping her toes.

"Yeah, unless you think they would rather go out," Gavin suggested.

"No," she smiled as she danced fully where she was turning in a circle, her free hand waving over her head. "Let's make dinner at home."

She was beside herself that he was addressing the condo as 'home', and that she was a part of it. He wasn't calling it 'my home' or 'my condo'. It was just 'home'. She walked back to the three of them.

"Good phone call?" her father asked with a smile noting the dance.

"Yes," she smiled. "That was the best thing that has happened to me in a long time."

"And that is?" her mother led on not smiling like her husband was. The smile on her daughter's face meant it was a boy. She had seen it before.

"That was Gavin," Alex smiled. "We have been dating for about four months now."

"Four months?" her father gasped. "And you didn't tell us?"

"Well," Alex shrugged embarrassedly. "I didn't want to jinx it."

"Does this one have a job?" her mother asked immediately with a deep frown.

"Yes," Alex growled. With the one question, Alex lost a bit of her happiness that Gavin wanted to meet her parents. She instantly began to rethink the idea of introducing them now.

"Really?" her mother asked disbelieving.

"Yes mother! Why do you have to be like that?" Alex barked as she crossed her arms angrily across her chest.

"Because the last three we have met have been unemployed artists," her mother pointed out disdainfully.

"I'm an unemployed artist," Alex groused. "Sorry to be such an embarrassment! I didn't realize you despised us so much!"

"That's not what I said," her mother defended angrily. "Don't go putting words into my mouth!"

"You don't have to say it," Alex growled, her fists balling up. "It's the tone you use."

"I have a tone?" her mother smiled. This was the same fight they had numerous times. More times that Alex could count and she was tired of it. She was an adult now. Not beholden to their rules or their desires.

"Marylyn," Alex's father cut in. "We haven't seen Alex in over a year, let's not start the first day! Can we not just be happy for her? I mean, she has this incredible accomplishment of this mural. And she has a man that makes her happy. She is now making money with her artwork. In some cases, that makes her very successful!"

"Alfred," Marylyn started back, tired of this constant defense of their youngest daughter. Alex looked to Lena who mouthed the word 'sorry' to her. Alex shook her head, it wasn't her fault.

"Enough," he said firmly cutting her off. He turned to Alex with apologetic eyes and a soft smile.

"Alex, can we meet him?" her father asked.

"Please?" he pleaded when she hesitated. She was thinking about not going through with it. She wanted to say 'as long as mother doesn't come', but knew that wasn't going to happen.

"Yes," she smiled when her father put his hands on her shoulders. "He has invited us to his place for dinner."

"He doesn't live with a large group of guys, does he?" Marylyn asked remembering the last boyfriend she had. He was some sort of poet, from what she could remember, and he lived with six or seven other artists sharing a small two bedroom apartment.

"Jesus Christ," Alex fumed.

"Do not use the Lord's name in vain!" Marylyn chastised angrily.

"Do not embarrass me!" Alex warned back. "Or it will be the last guy you meet until I have popped out a couple of kids!" The threat caused her mother to gasp.

"Both of you take a deep breath," Alfred said firmly. "You two can't keep going on like this!"

"Sorry Dad," Alex exhaled. Her mother said nothing as she scowled angrily as she crossed her arms.

They walked into the condo building and the man behind the counter stood up.

"Good evening Miss Lasko," the man said formally.

"Good evening Mike," Alex smiled at him. "Is he home yet?"

"Yes ma'am," he nodded. "Is the wall ready?" he asked.

"Finished it today," Alex smiled as they waited for the elevator. "Are you going to come by and see it?"

"I wouldn't miss it Miss Lasko," the door man smiled.

Alex's hand shook as she pulled her key to the door. Her mother looked down at her with an up-ticked brow.

"You have a key to his place?" her mother asked, her words dripping with disproval.

"It's how I get in," Alex said sarcastically not looking at her.

"Do you live here?" her mother asked. Alex dropped her head.

Right then and there she wanted to blurt it all out. The parties she had been to. The things she had seen. The things Gavin had done to her! Just to shock the shit out of her prudish, royal highness! To tell her that she had been with another woman, that she could deep throat a cock! It all welled in her and begged for release just to give her mother a heart attack!

"Yes, from time to time. I still have the apartment with Lena and I share rent with her, but I stay here a lot," Alex said trying to control her anger.

"Well, that won't make my Bible study group happy," Marylyn fumed.

"Well, don't tell them!" Alex barked turning to her mother. "I know I'm a huge disappointment to you, not nearly as good as my sisters as they have done your bidding, but your holy roller friends should be used to your one wayward daughter! The one blemish to your Sainthood!"

"Absolutely enough!" Alfred barked. "Marylyn, under no circumstances are you to embarrass Alex tonight!" he threatened. "We are guests in this man's house, therefore keep your holier than thou in check!"

He looked to Alex and mustered a smile.

"I'm sorry honey," he said to her. "I'm looking forward to meeting him...any man that can make you smile and happy is already a good man in my book!" he told her with a wink.

"Thanks Dad," she smiled. Why couldn't he have come alone? This would be so much easier without her mother! She opened the door and walked in. Taking their light jackets from them she hung them up on the coat rack. She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. This could be disastrous.

"Gavin?" she called out.

"Hey!" he smiled as he came out of the kitchen. He was dressed in his traditional suit minus the jacket. His face drained and it filled with concern as soon as he saw her.

"You look exhausted!" he said immediately, taking her in a hug and squeezing her warmly. She pulled his head down and kissed his lips. Something he was unsure she wanted in front of her parents so he didn't try. When she did it he picked up that she wasn't kissing him happily, this was something else.

"I'm better now," she smiled. "Gavin," she said as she turned putting her hand in his and clutched nervously. "This is my mom and Dad, Alfred and Marylyn Lasko."

"Mr. Lasko," Gavin smiled taking the man's hand and giving it a firm shake. "Mrs. Lasko." Gavin smiled at her while he shook her hand softly.

"Welcome," he smiled moving back with Alex.

"Thank you for the invitation," Alfred smiled. "And please call me Al."

"Thanks Al," Gavin smiled. "And it's Gavin." He ushered them into the dining room and pulled out a seat for Alex's mother. "Dinner is almost done, here have a seat."

She took the offered chair with a wary eye at Alex. Alex tried to control her smile as her mother seemed surprised.

"Dinner is just about done," Gavin told them again. "If you would excuse me." He disappeared into the kitchen and Alex followed him in.

"Wow!" he gasped. "Your mother looks...well...," he shook his head.

"Bitchy?" Alex said for him causing him to chuckle. "Try living with her!"

"Pass!" he grinned.

Alex pressed him against the counter with her body, her eyes giving away what she wanted.

"Really?" he grinned. "Your parents are just in the other room." He said as she kissed his neck. Her hands running across his body under his silk shirt.

"I don't care," she told him. "I need fucked."

He folded her arms behind her back and held them. He kissed her hard, their teeth clicking. Their tongues fighting. When he pulled back her face was flushed with passion.

"You will have to wait!" he said slowly with a wicked smile. "Like I have." She closed her eyes.

After dinner was passed around Marylyn seemed put off that grace was not said as they began to eat. Alex could see the frown. She was sure Gavin saw it but couldn't tell if he knew why.

"So," Marylyn began slowly after she said her own prayer before eating. "Alex says you work, but she didn't say what you did."

"Oh," Gavin shrugged. "I'm a doctor." He said nonchalantly, looking at her with a smile.

"A doctor?" she asked slowly, her face said she was stunned.

"Yes ma'am," he nodded.

Alex wanted to jump up and do a happy dance right there. That's right mom! I have a doctor! She wanted to scream while she danced. Not only does he have a job, he is what mother's dream of for their daughters! A fucking doctor!

She wanted to scream at the top of her lungs all of Gavin's fabulous attributes. His affection. His attentiveness. His soft way. His generosity. The fact he gives multiple orgasms because one is such a lonely number! She would keep that last one to herself. Maybe. It depends on if her mother pisses her off.

"I've heard most doctors don't believe in God," Marylyn began. It caused Alex to gasp. She looked to her father for help who seemed as aghast as she was.

"Well," Gavin said putting his fork down to give her his undivided attention. "I know several doctors that believe."

"And you?" Marylyn asked pointedly. "Do you believe in God?"

"My faith is reaffirmed every time your daughter smiles at me," Gavin told her. "But I'm not a church goer. I believe God doesn't care too much about churches. I believe as long as you worship him, the rest is for your benefit. Not His."

"No church?" Marylyn gasped, finding a chink that she could exploit.

"Mother," Alex warned with her voice.

"I'm trying to get to know this man you live with," Marylyn told her in a half snarl. "Perhaps if you would have told us about him to begin with, we wouldn't be finding out this way!"

"Gavin," Alex began with a shake of her head. "I'm so sorry."

"Nothing to apologize for," Gavin assured her taking her hand and kissing it. "Marylyn is right, she is getting to know me. I would be protective of you as well."

"I haven't been in a church in years," Gavin admitted. "But I do pray to thank Him for the blessings in my life."

"Is that often?"

"Every day since Alex has come into my life," Gavin winked at her. Alex melted. Ok, he was not real. This was a dream. Not only was he not put off or intimidated by her mother, he was holding his own with compliments that he showered her with.

"Hmm," Marylyn smiled as she looked down at her plate. Alex hoped the inquisition was over.

"So what hospital do you work for?" Alfred asked.

"I'm a private physician," Gavin explained. "I have affiliations with most of the major hospitals in the area."

"Private physician?" Marylyn seized. "Sounds dubious!"

"Yes," Gavin nodded with a chuckle at her assessment. "I provide medical assistance to CEO's, professional athletes, politicians."

"But you don't have an office?" she asked him coolly.

"No," he shook his head. "I go to them. They like their privacy, I like to make sure that happens."

"Sounds like you keep secrets," she pointed out.

"That's true," Gavin agreed. "I'm not allowed to discuss medical records with anyone. But, then again, that would be same if I was at a hospital as well." Gavin teased. Alfred laughed as he got the joke. Gavin smiled at Alex when Marylyn didn't respond to the subtle jab.

"Do you know why Alex has failed to introduce us earlier, or even why she hasn't mention you to us?" Marylyn asked him.

"I'm guessing because we are still getting to know one another," Gavin told her with a shrug. "We were only a month into our relationship when Gabby gave her the Expo opportunity. The poor girl has been working herself to a frazzle every day. Driving me sick with worry!"

"I guess living together speeds up the process!" Marylyn rolled her eyes.

"Well," Gavin shook his head. "That's actually been a fairly recent thing. The condo is closer to the park, closer to her work. It was more of convenience than anything else."

"I see," she frowned. "Do your parents approve of living together before you are married?"

"Well," Gavin said softly. "My parents would have adored Alex, the way she cares for me would have made them approve of her immediately. But, unfortunately, my parents have passed."

"Oh my God," Alex closed her eyes. The nightmare was getting worse. Can the floor please open up and swallow her like Jonah and the whale? Gavin patted her hand. Marylyn looked embarrassed. Even she could see the pain in his eyes.

"My mother died four years ago," Gavin explained. "Breast cancer, something she fought for over a decade. My father four months later, from a broken heart. At least I believe it was a broken heart anyway, as he was healthy as an ox, but the idea of living without mom was more than he could stand."

"Alex reminds me of her," Gavin smiled. "She was a fighter...just like Alex. When the doctors told my mom she had only months to live, she fought for another four years. Seeing the world with my dad by her side as that was their retirement plan."