Secret Smiles and Three Little Words Pt. 45

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His mouth covered hers and they began kissing passionately, their tongues dueling one another in a dance reminiscent of the Tango. Strong and forceful but erotically sensual. Her eyes locked onto his and saw the passion she was feeling in his eyes. God she loved fucking this man!

He picked her up, his cock still deeply buried within her and began to carry her to the bed. With every step there was a mini-movement of his cock as it moved with his body. She hung around his neck, still dancing the Tango with their tongues.

When he fell with her onto the bed, his cock reaching deep within her as the weight of his body forced it to, she gasped with pleasure but instantly released her hands and wrapped them in the blankets of the bed, her own makeshift bondage to keep from touching him in the throes of passion.

He lifted his lips from hers and let his wicked little smile come across his face. She matched him and they continued to pleasure each other into exhaustion.

***

Chapter 63

The next day, Kari and Nora, were playing in Kari's yard, using Kari's swing set to jump from. Something Reese continually warned them to be careful doing.

"She is going to get hurt jumping from the swing like that," a male voice pointed out. Reese closed her eyes and hoped it was just a bad dream. When she turned she realized it wasn't.

"She'll be fine," Reese said as calmly as she could, looking back the girls.

"I don't like it," he said putting his hands on his hips.

"You worry about your own little girl," Reese semi-snapped. "I'll worry about Kari."

"Kari is my little girl as well," the man growled back still staring at the two girls playing. "And Shannon isn't a little girl!"

"She is half your age and young enough to be your daughter," Reese exhaled deeply. "What do you want Robert?"

Her soon to be ex-husband turned to look at her.

"Why haven't you signed the papers yet?" he asked her.

"You know why," Reese frowned. "My lawyers don't like the language in it."

"That's bullshit," he barked.

"Inside," Reese growled and got up from her chair. Robert followed her into the house and the two began to bark at each other standing in front of the sliding glass doors.

Nora turned her head at the voices and saw Reese and the man fighting. She looked to Kari who seemed to be unaware of the argument between her parents.

"Hey!" Nora laughed as Kari fell into her after her jump. "Race you to the treehouse!"

"Yeah!" Kari agreed and the two girls sped out the side gate and around to Nora's backyard.

Nora looked back as she climbed the stairs to her treehouse and saw Reese watching the girls still while the man continued to talk to her. Reese waved to Nora in thanks and Nora nodded. Nora knew what fighting parents looked like and she wanted to protect Kari from that.

Later that evening, as Gavin served steaks brought in off the grill Nora sat quietly as the three adults laughed and joked about this and that.

"What's going on kiddo?" Gavin asked her as he put her hot dog in her bun and set it on her plate.

"Nothing," Nora said trying to hide her true feelings.

"Really?" Gavin smiled sitting down next to her. "Gonna try that with me? Has that ever worked?"

"No," Nora smiled. She hadn't been able to keep her true emotions from Gavin, she wished he wasn't so good at picking up her mood.

"Is it my friend Pavy?" Gavin asked her softly.

"NO!" Nora shook her head. "I saw Kari's dad today...," Nora admitted.

"Ok," Gavin said waiting for her to finish.

"Why do all parents divorce?" she asked him.

"Not all parents divorce," Gavin assured her stroking the side of her hair. "In reality, half do, which is entirely too many but that's just the way it is." Nora nodded.

"What about him has you upset?" Gavin asked.

"They were arguing," Nora told him looking to Pavy and Alex who were having their own conversation. Alex was watching though, Nora knew that because of the way Alex kept looking over at her.

"Why do they always yell at each other?" Nora asked him.

"It's hard to explain," Gavin said with twisted lips as he tried to think of a way to explain it to the young girl. "Usually, in a divorce, one of the two is very hurt." Gavin finally shrugged. "I mean sometimes both want the divorce and they both know they will be better off separated. But a lot of times, one is hurt, they don't want to be divorced, but the other does. That causes resentment."

Nora turned her head to him.

"Do you know what resentment means?" Gavin asked her. She shook her head. "Remember the way your Grandmother made you feel...at the funeral?" Nora bowed her head and nodded. "That's resentment...it's an anger and sadness combined. It's probably the worst of all feelings." Nora nodded that she agreed.

"How did Kari handle it?" Gavin asked her.

"I kind of hid her from it," Nora admitted.

"How did you do that?"

"I told her I wanted to play in the treehouse, so we ran over there and played in it until he left," Nora told him. Gavin smiled and pulled Nora into a hug and kissed her head.

"You are such a sweet girl," Gavin said as he held her. "But it hurts my heart that you are so knowledgeable about the way adults fight!"

"Do you and Aunt Alex fight?" Nora asked him.

"Everybody fights," Gavin told her. "We don't do it often, but yes, we have argued."

"What about?"

"The last big fight we had, was when she got pneumonia because she was being so stubborn!" Gavin teased with a smile. "She made me really mad!"

"Why?"

"Because she scared me!" Gavin shrugged. "She was really sick, she didn't want to take care of herself and she made her flu worse."

"Can the ammonia hurt you?" Nora asked.

"Pneumonia," Gavin corrected with a smile. "And yes, it can kill you if you don't take care of yourself. Which is why when you are sick you should do what your doctor tells you...But your Aunt Alex can be a bad patient!"

"I thought we weren't going to bring that up anymore," Alex smiled joining in the conversation.

"Aunt Alex!" Nora chided. "You should do what Uncle Gavin tells you to! He's a doctor!"

"Hey, I thought you were on my side?" Alex laughed as Pavy chuckled.

"No," Nora smiled.

"Yeah," Gavin nodded looking over his shoulder looking at Alex. "Like Nora says, you should listen to me!"

"Yes Sir," Alex smiled while shaking her head.

"You ok now?" Gavin asked looking at Nora again. She nodded.

***

Marylyn pushed her cart slowly down the aisle of the store. Living on her own now she didn't need a whole lot of groceries so she didn't know why she was pushing a cart. Habit she guessed.

"Marylyn!" a voice called out causing her to turn. She held her breath and frowned.

"Rev. Sellers," she managed to recover.

"I've been so worried about you!" he said coming up to her quickly. "It's been months!"

"I know," Marylyn said steeling herself. "I figured my daughters would have told you I was ok."

"They say that, but you don't return to the church!" Sellers pointed out.

"I have no intention of ever returning," Marylyn told him causing him to blink rapidly.

"Why?"

"Why?" she laughed. "Oh my!"

Marylyn shook her head. How does she handle this? Like she wants to, with bitter words meant to destroy the man before her, or like Jack and Livy would want her to?

"Rev. Sellers," Marylyn began slowly. "You and your church has cost me one daughter, my marriage is barely starting to recover and I'm estranged from my granddaughter and my youngest daughter. All because of you and your church."

"I don't understand," he told her.

"God is all about love and forgiveness," Marylyn pointed out. "You teach something different, your flock is judgmental and elitist." Sellers opened his mouth to say something, but Marylyn continued, stopping him from speaking.

"But I have learned it's not their fault," Marylyn smiled. "It's yours."

"Mine?" he gasped.

"You were placed in responsibility for your flock, once you accept that, the onus is on you to deliver them," Marylyn told him.

"Father Jack has led me to God," Marylyn told him. "Truly led me to God...I don't pretend to worship Him and then go against Him when you feel it just...to shun others for something beyond their control, or because you feel it is just."

"I don't...,"

"You made me push my daughter to suicide," Marylyn began to cry cutting him off. "Instead of loving her unconditionally as God does me...I shunned her as you instructed. I pushed her to her end."

"Your daughter, had fallen so far from God that she committed a sin that cannot be forgiven," Sellers began, his temper swelling.

"Wrong again," Marylyn smiled. "See, that's what I'm talking about...you are no closer to God than a man who has never set foot in a church. God doesn't want us to judge others. He commands us to love one another, to leave the judgement to Him for He is the only one who knows a person's heart."

"I learned that lesson too late," Marylyn said wiping her tears from her cheek. "I lost my precious Olivia...I am trying desperately to save my relationships with Alex and Nora...and my husband."

"You need to come in and let me council you, it appears this Father Jack is leading you astray!" Sellers told her.

"No," Marylyn shook her head. "For the first time in my life, I am on the path with God. Not a path that leads me to God, as you have taught, but a path He walks with me on, sometimes carries me on."

"And you think I'm not?" he barked.

"It's not my place," Marylyn pointed out again. "God will judge you, not me. I pray He judges you well and you find yourself in Heaven, but I'm afraid for you, for you don't preach the word of God. I'm afraid He will be very unhappy with the fact He charged you with bringing others to Him but you instead lead them on some crusade not of His making."

"I preach from the Bible every day!" Sellers countered.

"No," Marylyn disagreed. "You read the words on the page, but you don't live them. You don't breathe them. You don't let them into your heart! You don't let the love that is there come from your lips. You instead twist them to suit your purpose!"

"I'm not standing here listening to a heathen who has fallen from God," Sellers said turning.

"I'll pray for you tonight," Marylyn told him. "But know this, I won't rest until my entire family is out of your church, for it doesn't serve God!"

That evening as Marylyn clutched her Rosary in her hand in what had become her usual back pew. It was the same one Livy had sat in. She thought of the conversation earlier that day with Sellers.

"How are you doing tonight?" Jack asked her as he sat down.

"Good," Marylyn smiled. "How is Al? Did you see him today?"

"He's fine," Jack laughed. It was always her first question. All about her husband. "Quite a comedian your husband!"

"I know, it was one of the things that made me fall in love with him," Marylyn smiled. "Is he taking his medicine?"

"Why don't you go home and find out yourself?" Jack asked her.

"I have to right my heart," Marylyn said shaking her head. "Until then, I'm not worthy of him."

"He's getting kind of upset that you won't come home," Jack told her. "He loves you."

For the past several months, Jack had been running as go between for the two. Marylyn had rented a small apartment while Al worked on getting well and going through his physical therapy.

"I love him," Marylyn smiled. "But first things first, I have to right my relationship with God, Nora and Alex...in that order!" Jack nodded.

"I saw Rev. Sellers today," Marylyn told him.

"How did that go?" Jack asked her turning in his seat.

"He was a bit angry with me," Marylyn admitted. "I told him I would pray for him."

"Well then," Jack smiled standing up. "You are right with God." She looked up at him.

"When you can love your enemy enough to pray for him? That's what God would call Christianly," he pointed out with a hand to her shoulder.

"He isn't my enemy!" Marylyn gasped.

"No?" Jack tilted his head. "In our conversations, your resentment and anger at his leadership says otherwise." Marylyn looked forward and then bowed her head.

"What if I'm wrong?" Marylyn asked him. "I'm just so confused with all the contradictory teachings!"

"What does your heart tell you?" Jack asked her. She looked up at him. "See that is the only way to know you are doing what the Father wants. You listen to your heart. That is the big tell. Satan can tempt you with anger, hatred and lust in the guise of love. But love...love is God's domain. Satan has no knowledge of it, he was cast from heaven because of it, he can't grasp the idea. So I ask you...what does your heart tell you?"

"That I'm right where God wants me," Marylyn smiled after she sat there a few moments with her eyes closed.

"You are right with the Father...now you need to work on your family. The only way that happens, is to show them you are a changed person, that you now walk with God. Trust that He will act as a liaison with your family and speak to them as well for you."

"Ok," Marylyn smiled. "Now I just have to find the right time!"

"And the Father provides," Jack smiled. "I'm going to Chicago this weekend. Nora is having her First Communion. Alex has invited me as Nora wants me to administer the sacrament to her, in respect to Livy."

Marylyn looked up at him.

"So, we leave Saturday morning, they are doing Mass that evening," Jack smiled as he left her. "I'll pick you up."

"How do I convince them I am a changed person?" Marylyn asked him.

"You don't," Jack said turning back to her. "You live the way God wants you to, God will do the rest."

"But I want them to know I'm a saved woman!" Marylyn said through her tears.

"In Matthew 6:1, 'Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.'" Jack told her. "Live your life as God would want, let Him take care of the rest." Marylyn laughed.

"What?" Jack asked her.

"I remember a dinner, some time ago, where Alex said something similar," she smiled. "Can someone who doesn't go to church be saved?"

"Of course," Jack shrugged. "You mustn't think of church as being the savior. Church is only a building where like believers come together to worship and give strength to one another. Church is not a replacement for God. There will be those who attend Church religiously, if you will forgive the pun, but not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Then there will be those who have never set foot in a Church that will be welcomed with open arms. God doesn't care what church you go to, or if you go to church, just as long as you keep the faith. Accept Jesus, live the way God wants. That's the way to Heaven."

***

"Why do I have to get all dressed up?" Nora asked with a frown as Alex finished curling her hair.

"Because this is a big deal in the Church," Alex reminded. "Everybody else will be dressed up as well." She reassured the small girl.

"Can Kari come with us?" Nora asked.

"I guess so," Alex shrugged. "It's supposed to be with family and friends."

"She isn't Catholic," Nora pointed out.

"Neither am I, neither is Gavin," Alex countered. "God won't care at that moment, for He will be watching you."

After a few frantic minutes of Kari rushing around to get dressed up the four of them piled into Alex's SUV. Walking into the church Nora dipped her fingertips in the basin and made the cross on her body, head to heart, shoulder to shoulder. Her priest smiled down at her.

"Hello Alex, Gavin," he greeted.

"Father," Alex said watching Nora.

"Am I supposed to do that?" Kari asked. Nora shrugged and looked to the priest.

"You don't have to," he told her. "In our faith we do it, but it is up to you."

"What is it?" she asked looking in the basin.

"Holy water," the priest smiled.

"This is how they sort out the demons!" Gavin teased causing the priest to chuckle. "If it burns, you probably should wait outside!"

"Gavin!" Alex gasped.

"It would definitely be a good hint!" the priest joined in.

"Go ahead," Nora encouraged her friend. "Just do what I do." She led Kari through the motions. "See? Nothing to it!"

"Little Miss Nora!"

"Father Jack!" Nora screamed and ran to him. Jack knelt and took the girl in his arms and hugged her warmly. "I've missed you!"

"I have missed you so much!" Jack said as a tear escaped from the edge of his eye.

"How do you drive in this town?" Trevor's voice caused Alex and Gavin to turn.

"The only way to drive in this town and survive, is to drive like an idiot!" Gavin laughed.

"Dad!" Alex smiled hugging him. "You look good!"

"I always look good!" Al teased. Alex rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing here? You shouldn't be driving!" Alex chastised.

"I didn't drive, Trevor did!" Al pointed.

"Hey Al," Jack smiled shaking his hand. Al picked up Nora and gave her a squeeze.

"Grandpa, you are going to wrinkle my dress!" Nora warned and he put her down.

"Oh, well excuse me!" Al told her with a wink.

"This is my best friend Kari!" Nora introduced her. She gave a little wave.

"Marylyn," Al gasped when he saw her walk up.

"Al," Marylyn smiled. She looked to Nora who turned. "Hello Nora." She said to her, her eyes already beginning to water. "I hope you don't mind my coming, Father Jack thought it might be a good idea for me to see you on this very important day." Nora looked to Father Jack then back.

"You've been talking with Father Jack?" Nora asked her.

"I have," Marylyn nodded. "I go to your mother's church now...he has been helping me with my life. Helping me find the right path." Nora looked to Jack who nodded that what she spoke was the truth.

"I don't expect you to forgive me," Marylyn told her. "But I would like the opportunity...if you let me."

There was a silence as the other families filtered in. Jack waited to see what Nora would do. He hoped she would be like Livy and make this easier on Marylyn, but he certainly wouldn't blame the child if she didn't.

"Grandma," Nora said softly. "This is my best friend, Kari." Nora smiled. "Kari, this is my Grandma." Kari gave her a wave and Marylyn waved back. She didn't know what to expect but it was a start.

"Nora, why don't you take Kari and find her a pew," the priest suggested.

"Will you sit with us Grandma?" Nora asked her as she walked by her.

"I will if you want me to," Marylyn said as the tears sprinted down her face.

"I want you to," Nora told her. She hugged Marylyn and even Alex had to clasp her lips together to keep from blubbering.

Marylyn let her hug linger and Nora smiled from within the embrace.

"Thank you," Marylyn whispered as she kissed her cheek. "I would be honored to sit with you."

Nora led Kari into the sanctuary leaving the adults in the vestibule.

"Alex," Marylyn smiled. "Gavin." She greeted them.

"Glad you could come," Gavin said sticking out his hand. She shook it.

"So am I," Marylyn smiled looking to Alex. "Hello baby." Marylyn smiled at Alex.

"You are going to Livy's church?" Alex asked her dumbfounded. Marylyn nodded. "Why?"

"I don't know," Marylyn admitted. "I was visiting Livy one day, met Father Jack. We wound up having coffee and he invited me to come. I was surprised when I said yes."

"So am I," Alex said cautiously. "What does Rev. Sellers think about that?"

"Well, he doesn't like it," Marylyn admitted with a laugh. "But I don't care. For the first time...well in a long time...I'm happy."

"You're happy?" Alex asked.

"I'm happy with myself," Marylyn corrected. "I appreciate what I have."

"Ok," Alex said not sure as to what else she should say. It was all a bit overwhelming. Part of her was jumping for joy and wanted to hug her mother. Part was telling her to be cautious.