All Comments on 'Secrets of The New World Order'

by bjmichaels

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 10 years ago
Timely

massively over-stating the case but pretty good summation of the dystopian future that neo-liberal economics are leading us to and a good de-bunking of the myths surrounding the so-called benefits that derive from this philosophy. George Orwell, Malcolm Bradbury are good authors to begin with (other authors are, of course, available - for the moment ;-) ) and many films. Good read. Looking forward to the direction of travel that your opening submission suggests. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Depressing and rapey. Should have been under Non-Consent or had a content warning.

BigDog167BigDog167over 10 years ago
Great!!!

Funniest thing I have read in ages and may be the best spoof of liberal talking points I have read in decades. As Detroit shows it is not just the corporations that get to much power but also government and the unions. Someday people will open their eyes and see that too much of anything is a serious problem.

racoon1174racoon1174over 10 years ago
Searching but still lost

Your on the right track but your still locked in the false left/right my side your side. The plain truth is they have all sold us out for the power and glory of the state. The left a bit more then the right because on the right our people at least still believe in the constitution as originally written and a limit on governmental power even if our "elected leaders" don't.

JuliaHandelJuliaHandelover 10 years ago
Very entertaining

Writer is observant and prescient.

BladenessBladenessover 10 years ago
Great story

I liked where this was going and hope there is more. Enjoyed the scenes as a straight guy because of all the power plays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story!

Unlike some others here, I can't see what's really going on. I realize we are Red China's best supporters, From Nixon on, all our presidents have supported China's development. How good this is for the U.S. I can't tell. I realize this countries economy is on very thin ice. I fear that very strong groups seem to be influencing the country for individual profits. The lower classes seem to be losing everything, as happened in this story. For that reason, I'm giving this story a "5".

I do hope the author can continue, the story seems incomplete as is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
it never really goes as the diabolical scheme was planned.

Great story! I also liked the reader comments. As for labor unions, this state (Idaho) passed a "Right to Work" law long ago and has never had noticeable labor unions except for a "Teachers Union" except I think the courts have decided that Union contracts were non- binding on employers. This state has about the lowest wages in the nation. No unions. Oddly, industry here has about all been outsourced, as fast or faster than Union States. I can't buy that Unions had an effect on decisions to outsource. Heavy foreign government subsidies and/or things like free foreign land and tax break promises were far more "New World Order" promoting. The suspiciously foreign friendliness has caused this state to go directly to China for them to control and mine the vast molybdenum ore at "White Clouds" as they must be more friendly to state government than American corporations.

Anyway, all these plots and conspiracies are nothing new. Before long all the scheme's participants start arguing and it always ends up in a major war. That's the scariest part.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous