All Comments on 'Seducing Jennifer Pt. 33'

by jacktar48

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
KitsunaeKitsunaealmost 10 years ago
Another amazing story.

I find it hard to belive that im the only one that likes what u right,Sir. This is far to good for u to be writing it just for me.. These stories speak to me loud and clear. Its hard to find a good author that writes amazing stories as well as have Cherokee stuff in it too.. Im also very interested about the journey A-na ( Jennifers mother and im saying this cause im not sure her name is A-na) is on.It must be a long dream journey and i know it has importance to it. Thanks for remembering little details. Like the dog for example. How u say she was also off making little puppies.

P.S i wonder how Vholes is going to explain everything like the dreams. Also im curious as to how Vholes became chief. Cause if im right the dream world works like the real world. U cant just wish urself Chief u have to earn it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I Like it, too.

I also enjoy reading this story. ram

jacktar48jacktar48almost 10 years agoAuthor
And then there were two...

Actually an audience of one is enough to make it worth telling. We have a long story-telling tradition--that's what old guys do most of the time when they can't do much else. There was a strong sense that no one should be made to feel useless. At one time the Cherokee Nation agreed to ban the steel plow because it was too fast and would put too many old people out of work. (The old people used to do the plowing, with a wooden plow, and it did not happen quickly.)

Anyway, thank you both for enjoying this and telling me so.

Regarding the Chief job, it'sprobably not what you think. The war chief, or red chief got the job because he was the meanest M/F around and people were willing to follow him in battle. Wars were pretty much "come along if you like, or stay home, whatEVER," and the leader had to be someone who could convince people to join the party. We also had a couple of female war chiefs during the recent historical period. They must have been really something. I'm kind of glad I didn't know them. Wouldn't want a girl like that to get annoyed with me...

The peace chief, or white chief, was usually some old guy who seemed to have his stuff together pretty well and didn't have anything else to do. It wasn't a job anyone particularly wanted. He didn't get any special treatment for it, nor did he get to tell everyone what to do. The women took care of that part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very Good

I keep looking for this story, I am finding it very interesting that it is flowing in a some what mysterious way.

I find it hard it believe the previous note about so few readers. I am not American and am finding the culture very interesting and fascinating.

Please continue.

Thankyou

jacktar48jacktar48almost 10 years agoAuthor
Three actual readers?!

Thank you for your comment. It's good to know that this may appeal to international audiences.

Beware, however: this is not intended to give people the impression that "this is how Native Americans behave." Most don't. Official US Government policy until recently was "Kill the Indian, save the man." But there are a few of us hiding in remote places who try to remember, and to dream....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
where's pt 34?

It's great,where's pt 34?

jacktar48jacktar48almost 10 years agoAuthor
Sorry About the Delay

I had to do some editing. It's back in the queue now so maybe it will be up tomorrow.

I'm working on part 35 now, and hope I can get it in on time.

jacktar48jacktar48almost 10 years agoAuthor
Thank You for pointing that out

Such a thoughtful and pertinent comment.

Maybe they will make you an official censor.

LouisCipher01LouisCipher01almost 10 years ago
He can't be an editor.

You don't get a red pen if you can't spell. "Red" is a color. "Read" is what is done with the written word.

Yobo36Yobo36almost 10 years ago
Auwe jacktar48, Auwe.

I am hurt. I LOVE this story.

Wado

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous