All Comments on 'Seducing Jennifer Pt. 35'

by jacktar48

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
F1_FanF1_Fanalmost 10 years ago
Great as usual

In addition to a great story, your references to Cherokee culture albeit not necessarily accurate has led me to buy the book by Mooney

Thank you

jacktar48jacktar48almost 10 years agoAuthor
Great!

My opinion differs from many of my countrymen in that I think that rather than keeping things secret it would be better to let interested people see what we have.

You can see how many people might have the attitude of "You did your best to kill us all, and denigrate our ancient knowledge, and now you are coming for help? Fuck you."

Keep in mind that Mooney was not Cherokee, and really didn't "get it" in a spiritual sense. The censors also had his nuts in a vice and rumor has it that he had to delete certain observations in order to be allowed to publish.

Furthermore, people didn't always tell him everything they knew. A basic concept is "everyone one knows what he needs to know, but nobody needs to know everything."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
confused

So are they in the dream world or the real world?

jacktar48jacktar48almost 10 years agoAuthor
Depends on your point of view

Are you in the "real world?" Am I? Does it really matter?

Wherever we are, it's only temporary. Until the next cycle begins...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
mind blown

Oh. My. Shit. You just hella blew my mind man. So deep.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
hopeless

no thing here is worth never having chapters in order and at hand.

LouisCipher01LouisCipher01almost 10 years ago
How long?

How long are we to pay for the ignorance and short sightedness of our ancestors? I am white but am very curious about Native American ways. Yet because of the acts of people I do not even know, and have no connection with, I am judged. All I ask is that I be accepted for who I am and judged by my actions. I am responsible only for myself. I am sorry that the whites have done terrible things. Yet the people have done terrible things to each other over the centuries. I am sure if I traced my lineage I would find that somewhere down the line my people were treated just as badly by some other race or people. I do not hold it against their descendants today. It is said you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. The past is gone. It cannot be changed. We can only affect today. Enlightenment comes in the "now". We can't change our history but we can make our children's history better. They can look back and say this is when things began to change for good. The scales began to tip back and balance was restored. Unfortunately there are haters and fanatics in all cultures. No one has a monopoly on ignorance, bigotry, intolerance, etc. I will get off of my soap box now.

jacktar48jacktar48almost 10 years agoAuthor
Absolutely true, Louis

It is surprising how many of the Elders I know agree with you completely, even though they have suffered abuse within their own lifetimes.

Still, it's surprising when asked why they don't hate all Europeans, they will shrug and say, they killed us and stole our homeland, true; but we did it to someone else long ago, and I guess it was just our turn to pay.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous