All Comments on 'Seeds of Doubt, Harvest of Sorrow Ch. 01'

by lucsmith

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I hate to say this because you evidently wrote a f

but are you aware that the taking of a child by one parent constitutes child abduction and the husband could have immediately called the police and let them see that the wife had left and taken the child with her. They would have found her. Baring that there was evidence that someone else was involved, as per the letters etc... Just telling you that you are going away from reality and making your story less believable unless you made the warning that the story was simply fantasy and without any reality at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
get an editor

If this is to be continued, please submit it first to an editor who will correct all the mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
It is a shame about the Anonymous comment

about one spouse taking a child then being guilty of kidnapping. Before someone could even dream about going to the police about a so-called kidnapping, there would have to be a court decision giving custody to the parent. Without this neither parent has any right to claim sole custody rights.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 16 years ago
I am puzzled...

How could an intelligent man make no effort to trace the packages? Running an import business should have made him aware of how to request that the USPS watch for suspect packages. Perhaps nothing could have been found, but an effort was called for. Also, the stolen panties, should have made it evident that the security of the home had been compromised, yet no effort to monitor the home and no discrete survelence of wifey. Consideration for the safety of the child, if nothing else, should have prompted that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Interested but,

You have my interst in where you're going but you keep telling us about the love he has for her. Next, how he's going to divorce her. Now he sad she's gone. No explaination from her on what she thinks might have happened. You could us an editor also.

You seem to do a lot of repeating yourself. You just need to say it once. The readers will get it.

Take these comments as suggestions. It's to help you with your writing.

I'm a writer myself and I believe you have potential.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
"When you hear the stampede of hooves"...

"Keep an open mind" for you may be hearing zebras instead of horses! Trust but verify by investigating the activities of your spouse before you go off half cocked! If the evidence presented are produced by the manipulations of a stalker then the wife and child are placed in a dangerously precarious position. If the husband can consider that his wife is innocent then he must concede that someone is monitoring their activities at home, his wife's movements, his movements, and the access points and security outlay of the home. The stalker has already planted evidence to slant opinion in the husband's head towards infidelity by the wife so if she and the child are abducted he's already positioned the husband to waste time continuing to explore the infidelity angle and made it skeptical for law enforsement to merit investigation beyond custodial interference. The only mistakes the stalker may have made is leaving DNA and other forensic evidence on the envelopes, letters, and sundry content of the mailings he sent the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Just Not Quite On Mark

Okay, the story is trying to evoke a strong emotional from the reader, and that's fine. It's a story (literature) before it is erotic, in keeping with the spirit of this website. But, it just isn't getting there. In places, the writer seems to be caught up with writing a passage for the sake of adding more words to the total without advancing the story line. In other places, the emotional context falls flat, sometimes because of the lack of action, sometimes because of the words chosen by the writer. In short, this story just doesn't do it for me.

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Guarded Optimism

Since this author, with his propensity for wimp stories, has chosen to name the main character Ben, instead of Jack (Jake), I am guardedly optimistic this is not another wimp story. Although Ben so far shows all signs of a died in the wool wimp.

Kanga40Kanga40over 16 years ago
could be a good story

depending where the author takes us.<BR>

I sort of agree with ohio, but surely the wife should have done more than just say, "trust me", which is basically all she did.<BR>

It truly was in her interest to in some way help her husband find out what was going on. Sticking her head in the sand achieved nothing, did it?<BR>

Most normal people would have started thinking, "how did my new undies get taken? Who saw my boobs? Who saw/knows I shaved my pussy?", so, why not this woman? (I am assuming the latest note we see next chapter tells him about her shave and the bit of hair left there.) <BR>

Hopefully this author is not serving us up another in the long line of brain-dead wives?<BR>

There must have been some way she could have calmly thought through who could have seen enough of her body to know those things, and there must have been a small number of people who had access to their laundry and/or their bedroom? What about the baby sitter - she could have motives we have not yet had revealed to us by the author?<BR>

Then, of course, there is always the possibility she is doing something she shouldn't...<BR>

This is fun! I'll stay tuned for the next episode.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
to dark

of a story beginning, allways immature people reacting strange. and missing child now 2007 ? there has to be a very good explanation for it.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryover 16 years ago
Reserving judgment

The story so far has been fairly interesting. I'm going to hold judgment on how the characters are behaving because people don't always behave the way we expect them too.

<p>

On a technical point, I'm not sure why you ended the chapter where you did. There isn't that much dramatic tension in holding off on disclosing what is in the letter. I have to assume that it refers to her shaving (perhaps with an impression that the lover was the reason she shaved?). I also presume that the "proof" is going to be a reference to the non shaved area.

<p>

But, for now, I'm going to reserve judgment on whether she is cheating. On the facts that you presented, I can come up with a logical and explainable reason for everything in the letters. Possible even a reason for her absence. For some reason, I think that Lucie is going to play a big role.

<p>

But, I'll wait to see your resolution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Your choice of a place to stop was poor.

So the envelope contains her pussy hair so be it. I have trouble with the fact he got the first letter and did nothing. Then on the second caved to her nonresponse to the question at hand. Were she innocent she would want to know who was doing this to them. Her continued crying each time he tried to get some answers is a very easy cope out. Running off is an admission of some type of guilt. Remains to be seen what. Taking the child and running off is a criminal act. You cannot just remove a child from the parent with no justification. The husband thinking you are a slut and putting up with it for extended periods does not place the child in jeopardy. Time to contact the police, they cant make the wife come back but they can do something about child abduction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Stinks

Very poorly planned and done! What ever your objective was, you missed!

hansbwlhansbwlover 16 years ago
Very good start!

It is going to be interesting to see where you take this story. You stopped this chapter exactly where you should, people are too impatient. Don't take notice of those previous comments, they are poor readers.

thebulletthebulletover 16 years ago
interesting but...

<p>Roger Ebert has some 'law' related to movies about characters. Movies are too expensive to make to throw in superfluous characters. Usually the superfluous character has some effect on the plot and you'll find out about it towards the end of the movie.</p>

<p>So I'm guessing it is the girlfriend who recently divorced her husband and is living with some guy. Either she is jealous or she has set her sights on Ben and needs to get wifey out of the way. She has access to this information because she goes shopping with the wife and watches her change clothes, has access to the upstairs while the wife takes a phonecall, stuff like that.</p>

Just a theory I'm working on.

(Another of Ebert's theories has to do with sickness. If a main character in a story coughs in the first half of the movie, by the second half, he'll be dead. I was at a movie recently with my wife when a character coughed. I turned to my wife and said "she's dead." Sure enough, she was.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
a bit silly

what's w/ this couple? they're not remotely realistic. they've been together for years, yet he doesnt know his wife?

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 16 years ago
A good LW mystery of who, what & where or zero

The story has some interest and it seems to be going in a familiar direction but I will wait and see if I’m right. The whole problem with these two is neither has any trust in the other and neither will sit down and go over it all. Of course if they did have a loving marriage with trust and communication then we wouldn’t have a story.<P>Looking forward to the next chapter and thank you for the entertainment.<P>PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good writing- questionable plot.

This chapter was short but interesting. I have to agree with Kanga40 and many other readers. Most normal couples would do all kinds of checking do find out source of letters and possible list of people who might have access to physical data about wife and her clothing, but these two just shake their heads and panic. Still an interesting story though. Can't wait for chapter two.

60 Year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I will be blunt.

If I was interested in soap operas I would watch "Days of our Lives."

Stopping in the middle?..Silly in this format.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Could be much better!

Excellent title + poor English + artificial suspicion = first level above trash!------ I'am sorry - Bavarian

P.S.: You can do much better? Try harder and you'll succeed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
stay positive please

For me, the story is better than many others in literotica. So, let all the negative comments for what they are : the result of negative minds. Some encouraging although also somewhat critical (kanga, hansbwl and capecodmercury) must be more appreciated.

Most of the facts and intentions are said in the first paragraphs. Whereas he trusted her for the first note since he did not mention it to her when he received it, he did ask for an explanation with the second, but got nothing. Now, when confronted with apparently new "incriminating evidence", she decided to leave and separate her from his life. He was coming home to get a "confession" from her and then divorce her, so it must be convincing enough.

Where does that leave them. Let me guess. Two people much in love with each other, face a difficult period in their marriage. I think that Lucy indeed has to do with it, probably getting her friend drunk end/or drugged and letting her new boyfriend having sex with her friend. Then blackmail her into more (hence the shaved pussy) and pushing for a confrontation one way or the other or even to affect his business. But rather than facing the hurt that this will cause him, she runs away to avoid exposing him to or making him vulnerable to some con game. If that is the case, there must be true love. Well, don't we all look for a personal note in all of these stories? That's why I keep looking for stories with some more "body" than just plain sex.G.Belgium

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
please continue soon

when is the rest coming. Hope very soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
the rest ?

since it started of with "Ben", "Catherine" is likely to follow. Don't delay any longer please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
guess again

until we know what was in the third envelope, the solid evidence of her affair "or so he thought", we have to guess what the outcome will be.

She has no other friends here save Lucie, who happens to come to their house and, therefore, has access to het clothing. Assuming that Lucie is involved and has seen the mole before, she may have taken the panties and wore them after sex with her boyfirend to stain them, she may have been talking to Catherine who may have mentioned to Lucie that she is rather noisy while making love. So, the shaved pussy could have been for his benefit only. But then why did Catherine react the way she did and not just look for a simple explanation? It could be that Lucie has fallen in love with Catherine and is trying to break up their marriage so that Catherine will turn to her for support?

Or has Catherine been struggling with her feelings for Lucie and feels guilty, hence the denial and the strong reaction. Or has she already fallen for Lucie and shaved for her. In any case, the stubborn reaction and refusal to talk about it would be an explanation. Her fiery character and "grudge" about a lack of trust on his part doesn't seem to fit without at least trying to find a logical explanation when shown the "evidence" from the third letter?

She must realise that het did trust her since he did not mention it up to the 2nd letter and than just asked for an explanation which was never given. Yet, their sex life picked up again and all mistrust seemed forgotten until the third letter. Whatever. We can just guess and see what the story will bring. Please don't stall any longer.

That could be an explanation

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
You dumb piece of crap Luc...there are dozens

DNA testing labs in the country in every major city. If the dunce of a husband had only thought,,,if the writer had only used his God given brains''The husband could have taken the panties to one such lab and by the end of the day had confirmination that the panties were his wife's and a dna record of the man. But Luc smith is just a dumb ass...

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I agree with EspressoBolus

About no investigation of her and the house so I gave it 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Typical gutless wimpy Brits style.

There is not a straight backbone anywhere in England. Pathetic.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Interesting

You piqued my curiosity. On to chapter 2...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Had quitted

No, you don't need an editor.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
I hope

the story starts soon.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

usual demented shit from another WIMPY FAG "author".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
That’s It

Of course I’ve only read this chapter, but so far my impression is that this “Ben” character is an idiot. I hope that’s the way the author intended to portray him, otherwise, well, ...you know. It’ll be interesting to see where the second chapter goes. Oh, and instead of crying in his beer, why wasn’t Ben on the phone to the police demanding an “Amber Alert”? His wife can’t just abscond with their child, that’s a violation of HIS parental rights. Maybe chapter two will explain that one.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

"I kept telling myself that my wife would never cheat on me." The mantra of the Rationalization Hamster, right there. Very sad when one finds oneself caught in that condition. I like the efficiency of language in this episode of this story.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594196 months ago

Nice cliffhanger

🙈🙉🙊💨🤬

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous