Seema's Journey Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Owww, no, no, no! Shit!" Simran cried out in pain.

For a split second, Seema was frozen with shock as she watched Simran groan in pain. She dropped her racquet and rushed over to Simran who seemed unable to move.

"Oh my gosh! Sim, what happened?" Seema put her arm around Simran's shoulders, leaning down to look at her face. Simran had her eyes shut tight, her face screwed up in pain. Tears were oozing from the corners of her eyes, tracing wet lines down the side of her nose and cheeks before dripping to the floor. She gently squeezed Simran's arm. "Sim, honey, what happened?"

"Oww, ow, ow, it's my back. Something went pop!" she groaned between gritted teeth. "It really hurts Seem. Shit. Fuck!"

The expletives shocked Seema. She had never heard Simran swear like this. Simran was starting to shake, crying in pain. Seema looked around helplessly. "Oh honey...ummmm, shall I go call an ambulance? It's my fault for being crap at squash. I'm sorry."

"Oh, Seem, it's not your fault..." Simran grimaced and groaned. "It's my fault. No, no ambulance. Let's get home. To your place. You'll have to drive my car, is that ok?"

Seema nodded and hugged Simran's shoulders. "Yeah, that's fine."

There was now a small audience gawping through the perspex, several men seemingly staring appreciatively at Simran's backside. Seema flicked them a glare, not wanting anyone to see her friend prostrate and in pain, and certainly not wanting any man appreciating Simran's bottom.

"I'm sorry," groaned Simran. "I've spoiled our evening 'cos I was showing off!"

"No no, Sim. Come on, let's get you back to mine."

With a little effort and a few yelps and yowls, Seema managed to help Simran to her feet. She retrieved their racquets and sports bags, and slowly she led a stiff and hobbling Simran out of the court. She handed the racquets back and reassured the receptionist that Simran would be ok. 'No, we won't make any legal claim.' thought Seema, sarcastically.

"Where are your keys, honey?" Seema asked as they eventually reached the car. She kept her arm tight around Simran's waist, holding her up as best she could.

"They're in my inside pocket...ooowwww." Simran dipped her head, obviously still in pain and instantly making Seema feel bad about enjoying the intimacy of their slow walk to the car.

"Which inside pocket?"

"Inside my leggings." Simran was crying again. "I can't bloody move."

"Ok babe. Ok."

Simran tried to stand up by herself and slip a hand under the tight elastic of the waist band of her leggins. She yelped and gave up.

"Ok, hold on honey. I'll get them." Seema was genuinely worried that Simran had done something serious to her back. Simran's entire body seemed to be held rigid in one long and obviously painful spasm.

"Ok." Simran whispered, tears streaming down her face. "This side." She nodded to her right.

Seema hooked a thumb under the waistband of Simran's leggins. Her pulse quickened as her thumb came into contact with the soft and warm skin of Simran's waist. Seema swallowed hard and hastily retrieved Simran's keys. She thumbed the central locking and proceeded to help her friend into the passenger seat.

"Ok honey?"

"Yeah. Thanks Seem." Simran groaned as she tried to find herself a comfortable position. Seema helped her with her seatbelt, closed the door and ran around to the driver's door. She got in quickly, adjusted the seat, started the car and slowly pulled out of the car park, taking care not to accelerate or brake too hard. She looked over to Simran, still in severe discomfort. Simran gave a wan smile and then closed her eyes.

Seema squeezed her friend's hand affectionately and pulled the car on to the busy road back home. All she really wanted to do was hug her tight.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Although Simran's back pain had eased during the journey back, it was still an effort for her to climb the four steps up to the door of Seema's flat. Seema had her arm around Simran as she unlocked her door, still concerned that Simran had seriously injured herself. Simran was adamant that she just wanted to get back to Seema's. No doctors and definitely no A and E.

Seema shut the big old wooden door, threw her keys on to the little table next to the telephone, and guided a hunched-up Simran to the sofa.

"Gosh, I feel cold!" Simran said as she struggled down in to the soft sofa.

"It is chilly in here. All very well having one of these flats, but old converted factories are a bugger to heat. I'll get a fire going, and I'll get a blanket for you. You going to be ok honey?" Seema kneeled in front of Simran and gently squeezed her knee.

"Yeah. You're so good to me." Simran looked to be on the verge of tears. "Don't worry about a fire..."

"It's fine! After all you've done for me...besides which," Seema smiled. "We're soul-sisters, remember?"

Simran smiled back bringing light to her pretty face. Seema kicked her trainers off and padded in to the bedroom. She returned with a large and very warm looking bath robe.

"This is the bath-robe you bought me!" Seema said in answer to Simran's quizzical look. "It's great to cuddle up in!"

Seema wrapped it loosely around Simran, who immediately understood what she meant.

"Mmm, that is nice." Simran purred, closing her eyes and wrapping it around her tightly.

Seema busied herself with readying a log fire, something that she had had to master herself since her break-up. She picked a larger log from the wicker basket next to the fireplace and placed it on top of a bed of lighter wood along with three firebricks. She lit the firebricks with the chrome zippo lighter, left behind by her adulterant ex. She sat back on her haunches and watched the flames begin to grow, dancing their way up in bright, random patterns. For a moment she dreamed, making a brief and beautiful association between the growing flames and her relationship with Simran. She blinked, bringing herself back to reality.

Seema checked to see if the flames were taking hold, and nodded proudly. She glanced back at Simran and with a mild, but pleasant jolt, she realised Simran was looking directly at her, seemingly in a daydream. Seema smiled, bashfulness flickering across her face. She felt herself blushing as her eyes involuntarily flicked about under Simran's dreamy gaze. Seema swallowed hard.

"How are feeling?" she asked.

"Hmm? Oh." Simran cleared her throat. "Ok, thanks babe." Simran smiled, coming back to the here and now. "Thanks."

"It's cool." Seema stood up and sat next to Simran, wondering what had just happened. 'Probably nothing; get a grip,' she thought. But, although she couldn't be sure, she thought Simran had blushed. 'Doesn't mean anything, ok!' "How's the back?"

"It's just so sore."

"Umm. I haven't got any Deep-Heat or anything like that." Seema looked thoughtful. "I don't know babe. Just rest?"

"Mmhmm, maybe." Simran tried to shift her position a little, but gave up with a sharp in-take of breath.

"Oh dear, it's still bad, isn't it?" Seema said with a sympathetic grimace. "How about a hot, deep bath? I can go and get us a takeout, if you still want one? Or I can cook."

Simran looked guilty. She held her hand out to Seema, waving her fingers. "Oh Seem, a bath would be great, but look, don't cook. My sports bag, there's some money in my purse. Let's do a take out."

Seema took Simran's slender fingers in her hand. "Cool! You stay there and I'll start running a deep bath. I'll nip round the corner and get us a chicken and chips bucket for two..."

"Are you sure. Oh Seem..."

"Yeah, it's cool! Anything for my Simran!" She pressed Simran's hand, letting it slowly slide from her light grip.

Simran smiled. "Thanks."

Seema skipped into her bathroom and turned the hot tap on. "I'll put some bath salts in too." she called. "That'll help."

"Thank you!" called Simran.

Seema poured some salts in to the bath as it filled with hot water, steam swirling around the bright white room carrying with it the soothing scent of the salts.

Seema was proud of her bathroom. She had tiled it and chosen the free standing tub and the gleaming white square wash basin, with help from Simran. She had finished it off with aged pine bathroom furniture and a large square mirror on the wall opposite her tub. Only a few months before, Simran had helped with the finishing touches. A real team effort.

"Ok Sim, it's ready." she called. She heard Simran groan as she tried to lift herself from the comfy sofa. Seema rushed through to help.

"Come on then, old girl." Seema joked, taking hold of Simran around her waist.

"Oi!" Simran protested, playfully patting Seema on the arm. "Cheeky!"

Simran managed a chuckle as Seema helped her through to the bathroom. She took the robe from around Simran and draped it over a chair between the bath and the basin. "Put that on after you've finished. Believe me; it's so cosy after a bath."

"Ok. Will do." Simran managed to pull her socks off by stepping on her own toes and pulling her feet backwards. "This'll be awkward."

Realising that Simran was refering to undressing, Seema made to leave. "Right, take your time, have a long bath and try to relax, ok honey. I'll go get our take out."

Simran nodded gratefully. "Thanks babe. I mean it." She reached out and stroked Seema's arm, smiling.

For a second Seema stood still, basking in Simran's smile and gaze, wondering how anyone's eyes could be so beautiful. Seema smiled awkwardly, and flicked her gaze to the floor. "Back in a bit. If the phone goes, ignore it!"

She closed the bathroom door behind her and fetched her jacket.

"Don't forget the money!" called Simran from the bathroom. "In my purse, in my sports bag!"

"Ok!" called Seema. "Won't be long."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As she walked to the take-away helplessness crept over Seema again. She didn't know what to do, or whether to do, or say anything. She mentally replayed all the times she and Simran had spent together, everything still fresh in her mind. She tried to recall the subtlest nuances in Simran's body language, or something she had said, trying to find something that would give her the conclusive evidence she craved. There had been many instances when Seema had wondered whether Simran had given off 'signals', but they were not exactly overt. She replayed them over and over again, but she knew that doing so would only cloud her judgement. 'Simran does not have feelings for me, come on!' she told herself.

But, then again. She thought of the look and smile Simran had given her only minutes back when she was setting the fire. She imagined that Simran had been looking at her all the while she was readying the log fire.

Seema let out a frustrated gasp and ran her fingers through her hair. Her eyes were stinging again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The take away was fairly quiet, which Seema was thankful for. Her eyes were red and she really didn't want anyone seeing her like this. Within ten minutes Seema was back in her flat. She popped in to the kitchen to put the brown paper bag full of hot food on the counter. She got plates and forks ready and poured two large glasses of wine, taking a large gulp from her glass in an attempt to calm herself. She popped her head around the kitchen door.

"Everything ok, Sim?" she called. There was a long pause. Seema frowned. "Sim?"

"No..." Simran called back. "Not really."

Seema put her wine glass down and walked to the bathroom door. "What's up honey?" She looked through the frosted glass of the bathroom door, just making out the blurry naked shape of Simran kneeling upright in the bath.

"I can't move. My pain's killing me!" Simran wailed. "It's going in to my leg."

"Oh no." Seema felt awful. She'd left her alone. "I'm sorry Sim. I should have waited before going out. Sorry."

"It's ok. I think I need help though." Simran muttered a few frustrated expletives as she splashed around trying to move in the bath. "This is so embarrassing."

"You want me to come in?" Seema's heart missed a beat. She ran her hand through her hair.

"I'm sorry, yes. I can't move." Simran's voice wobbled. "I can't even wash myself..."

Seema blinked hard, put her hand on the bathroom door-knob and twisted it. She pushed the bathroom door open and crept in, trying to keep her gaze averted. The room was wonderfully warm and steamy.

Simran was kneeling awkwardly in the bath, her hands on her knees. Seema could see that she was obviously in discomfort, but she couldn't help taking in the site of Simran's slim figure. Her wavy dark hair, damp from the steam, cascaded down her shoulders, clinging to the ski-slopes of her perfect breasts. Seema let her gaze linger on Simran's nipples, hard and dark in colour. She let out an inner sigh. 'You're beautiful, Simran.' she thought.

"Still in a bad way?" Seema asked, thankful that her own voice had snapped her out of her vouyeuristic reverie.

"Yeah. Back is really hurting." Simran said between gritted teeth. She flashed Seema an embarrassed glance. "I feel like, kind of useless."

Seema walked to the bath and knelt down, putting a comforting hand on Simran's shoulder. For a split second she saw Simran's back, well-toned muscles standing out either side of her spine which led, in a perfectly straight line, to the cleft between her round and firm buttocks, partially submerged in the bath water. Seema immediately tore her gaze away and back to Simran's face.

"Do you want me to help you out of the bath, sweetheart?" Seema asked, annoyed with herself as she heard her own voice wobbling.

Simran heard the wobble. "I'm sorry Seem. I'm sure you didn't want to see me naked like this." She looked away, embarrassed.

Seema smiled awkwardly, her heart fluttering and eyes flicking this way and that. "It's ok. I know what lady's bits look like!"

Simran chuckled, and looked down at the steamy water. There was an awkward silence.

"Shall I get a towel; help you out of the bath?" Seema asked.

Simran looked her in the eye. "Well, yeah," Simran closed her eyes and sighed awkwardly. "But, can you soap my back. I can't even reach around because of my back." she said, close to tears. "I still got a bit sweaty playing squash, even though it was cut short." Simran sighed morosely, and looked at Seema. "Sorry."

Seema was silent as she struggled to contain a strange, mixture of emotions; a combination of growing arousal, and desperation borne out of the need and want to once and for all admit her feelings to Simran.

"Ok." Seema's heart was trying to jump out of her chest as she reached for the soap behind Simran. Once again she looked down at Simran's bottom, partly submerged in the soothing bath water, buttocks so well-toned and perfectly symmetric. Seema had an overwhelming urge to strip off and get in the bath. In her heightened state of arousal, she almost suggested it.

Seema felt a familiar warmth in her crotch as she retrieved the slippery soap. She squeezed her pelvic muscles, enjoying the sensations shooting up to her brain. She cupped the soap bar in her hand and placed it between Simran's shoulder blades, rubbing it gently in a circle across her smooth skin. Seema watched as the lather developed, moving her hand further down until Simran's back was covered in sweet smelling white bubbles.

Simran let her head down until her chin was resting on her chest, and murmured satisfaction, reaching around to move her long hair from her back, exposing more of her perfect skin. Seema returned the soap to its dish and placed her hand on Simran's back.

As she washed Simran's upper back, Seema was overcome with confused emotions. Her brain was receiving hot pulses from her trembling hand as she massaged the warm slippery skin of Simran's back, and from her crotch as she became more and more moist. She didn't know whether to laugh or cry. How many 'good friends' do this, she asked herself. But Simran seemed to be so matter of fact. Seema wanted to cry.

She moved her hand further down Simran's back until it was inches from her bottom.

"Mmmm. That's nice." Simran murmured. "That's where it hurts."

Seema massaged the area as Simran groaned her approval. Seema squeezed her knees together trying to stop herself from deriving so much pleasure. Her fingers brushed over the top of Simran's bottom cleft.

"Oo!" Simran chuckled.

"Oh...sorry, sorry." Seema stuttered and took her hand away.

"Don't worry." Simran raised her head and looked at Seema. She smiled coyly, before Seema looked away, embarrassed.

"I'll wash the soap off. Better get you out ol' girl!" Seema said, desperate to get out of the bathroom. She grabbed the plastic jug she used to swill her hair from the pine table between the bath and wash-hand basin. She dipped it in the bath water, filling it quickly, and then tipped it over Simran's back. She watched in fascination as the soap bubbles were washed off, the water cascading down Simran's back in myriad tiny rivulets, some of these tributaries collecting together to run between Simran's buttocks.

"Wow, it's really nice having someone wash your back!" Simran said as more water was poured over her back. "You should try it some time."

Seema laughed, and swallowed hard. Here was a chance to test the water, she thought. "Who would do that for me?" she asked with closed eyes.

"Well, if my back wasn't hurting so much, I'd do it for you." Simran said.

"Oh, ok! I'll hold you to that!" Seema was churning up inside. She bit her lip as she wondered whether that was a purely friendly gesture on Simran's part.

Seema reached forward and pulled the plug out, hanging it around the taps. Seema stared at the mini whirlpool as the bath water gurgled down the plug hole.

"This'll be awkward." Simran groaned as she tried to lift herself up in the bath.

Seema moved to help Simran out of the bath, readying a big white towel. As Simran awkwardly stood upright, Seema swallowed hard as she caught sight of Simran's dark triangle, the pubic hair quiffed to a point by the bath water sluicing down between her legs, and through the dense bush she made out her sweet lips. Above this beautiful image, Simran's silver belly-button bar gleamed in the light, a beacon pointing down to her womanhood.

Simran caught Seema's gaze, but Seema reacted quickly.

"Oh, is that a new belly-button bar?" Seema said breathlessly. She quickly moved forward, giving Simran the towel, who wrapped it loosely around herself. Seema was almost grateful that the wonderful sight of Simran's naked body was now hidden from view.

"Yeah, I got it last week." Simran tried to step out of the bath by herself, but gave up with a grimace.

"Hang on. Sit on the edge of the bath and then I'll help you swing your legs over." Seema suggested.

She had to help Simran gingerly lower herself on to the edge. Then, she hooked an arm under Simran's knees, helping her to swing her legs over and out of the bath.

"I think I need to go to bed, Seem." Simran said as they walked slowly out of the bathroom. "I'm sorry babe." She stroked Seema's arm.

"It's ok. That's probably what you need. Rest. We can have the wine tomorrow night."

"And all that food! Stick it in the fridge. I'm sorry Seem."

Seema hugged Simran. "Don't be. It's ok. I'm just worried you've done something serious to your back. Do you want a hot-water bottle to put on it?"

"No it's ok. You're right. Rest is what I need."

Seema smiled. Deep down she was disappointed. She wanted to spend time with Simran. Any time. "I've got the futon sorted for you in the spare room. That's a good firm mattress."

"Oh, Seem. I love you."

Seema's pulse quickened, a warm feeling gushing over her entire body.

"You're the best friend anyone could ever have." Simran continued. And there, for Seema, was the let-down, deep in the pit of her stomach. The warmth quickly faded.