All Comments on 'Serie Noire 03'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years ago
Good

Very good! Hey, got a tear in my eye!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A great series of stories.

Each story in your Serie Noire series tells a powerful & unique tale in a short but well written manner. I was glad to see the 3rd installment & hope you will continue.

Muffdiver1

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story

Thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
MORE

This story's denoument was to short. You did a wonderful job of making us care about the characters, would love to see you turn this sketch into a longer story elaborating more on their lives after the reunion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
.

Like that it ended in a positive way.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
This Author Assumes Too Much !

well he does when he says that readers wouldn't want settings like the soup kichen portrayed as a setting. The gritty atmosphere of that locale & the job bazaar gave this story a SPECIAL poignancy. Frankly the plot was a little hokey and there was a bit cheese to be found in the stilted dialogue of the character. Luke & the reverend felt real, I concede that.

Overall this story's strengths muted any weaknesses to be found. I'm rating this at full marks because of the uniqueness of the backdrops chosen. A lesser author would have had this play out in traditional courtroom, penal & suburban ranch house domiciles. likegoodwine took chances and avoided these clichés. Nicely done *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Scalia missed a lot.

The story was without twist or turn. It was linear and not very imaginative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good love story

keep writing your stories have heart, so many don't. we need all the heart we can get. john

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
WHAT GOES AROUND CAN COME AROUND

often times it can be for the better. TK U MLJ LV NV

tiger46tiger46over 10 years ago
great concept

very good read. 5*

Hope to read much more from you.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Very enjoyable

As promised, minimally erotic, but it DID have an adventuresome wife! There were several places where it was not easy to determine who was being referred to. Otherwise, an easy and poignant read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Job.

Great story, I enjoyed reading ur work. Thank you

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
3 x 5*

All three are great! Thank you for writing something that is not total fantasy.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Great Read*****

Thanks for sharing.

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
About the only criticism

Is it would be nice to hear how the story went on:)

One note,a good lawyer probably could have gotten a temporary insanity plea to stick in this case (though.it wouldn't have allowed the story to work as well).There is long precedent for that,in the 1850's in nyc Dan Hooker (later famous both for helping create the word 'hooker' as a term for prostitutes,due to the 'camp followers' that hung around his command,and losing his arm at the battle of the peach orchard at gettysburg) killed his wife and her lover,catching them in bed together.He was reputedly the first person found not guilty by temporary insanity in us legal history,and that precedent has successfully been applied to this day in some cases.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thank you

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Great Tale

Left a few questions, however. Did the kids know what happened with their cheating mother and her dead lover? What happened with the whore? Obviously she's dead, probably from aids. What were the kids told?

Although a great tale, it needs a follow-up.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Heart warming story

A good tale with 5*****, but the 15 years a little long time.

I read at the end of your story it is difficult to find good editor. My experience is same.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
In time before Raven sinks in the marsh

@ Betrayedbylove Their cheating Mom died in car accident, so they began to look for their Dad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a little story with a bit heart

While I can tell from your writing that English is not your primary daily language, your passion to tell stories gives you the courage to write anyway.

Well done!

Some help with more complete story outlining and development, as well as a bit more characterization, might all prove to be very helpful to your efforts.

Good luck finding an editor....especially a good one!

I'm sure your expressing interest in a female editor is motivated purely by their demonstrated superiority in that most challenging work, but I can't help but wonder if there isn't a little bit of the romantic Québécois showing up, as well......

Please keep writing, your ideas are good.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 10 years ago
Too sweet

The soup kitchen was fine, but dead mother, daughter literally ran into dad (what's the chance of that happening), and both recognized each other? Plus it doesn't seem a father that caring of his children would not visit them when he got out of jail. Then to have Mary fall in love with Luke the volunteer, I was waiting for the pigeons go to the curb to shit.

I missed the drama, the action,

This wasn't my sort of story so I didn't vote

Chilley

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
chiileywilley

Their mother moved them to Idaho, I don't think he had any idea how to reach them, not to mention that he didn't feel himself worthy to be with them.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Beautifully Done

The way society can destroy a person's self esteem is fascinating. This was a dark tail and like a chocolate sundae full of contrasting love and light.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A little gem

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very powerfull

Thanks for your effort. I see you stopped writing. Hope you come back sometimes.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good

Good story and a sad one. Wonder what happened to Martha? Glad cheating partner did not survive.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Your "noire" stories are really not "noire"

They are feelgood stories. Meaning they are designed to be "bad-things-happened-to-good-people-but-there-is-a-happy-end".

Your characters are also totally black and white, no nuances between.

That is a weak writing, sorry. It is pleasurable reading but it has no depth.

YouamiYouamialmost 5 years ago
A well-told story!

likegoodwine

I enjoyed this story and its hopeful ending. Your others in the same series are much more bleak, but fuck so is life at times. The quality of your writing is consistently good. Thank you for your submissions!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Gave it a 5

Well written, but I it's revolting that authors seem to think they need to include lines such as: "He did something totally wrong as it caused another man's death." What the H did wasn't totally wrong. There was justice in it. Apparently authors are thoughtlessly submissive to feminized, unjust law or are just soy boys. We execute people for treason against the government. Fuck the government because it's corrupt, murderous, and exploitive. Treason against the family is far worse and deserves punishment as severe as treason against the government.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

Really like this story. Like how you have to read to the end to get the full story.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Read this one again. I don't know why it hit me so hard this time. Just a really good story. I don't ever remember a story that Mr donut liked though.

40fathoms40fathomsover 2 years ago

I sincerely appreciate your writings. Really well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great tale. Brought a tear to my eye. Reminds us that all humans have a tale to tell.

Tarloso2Tarloso2about 1 year ago

The people who work and volunteer in the soup kitchens and shelters are deserving of more praise and accolades than others who crow their good deeds to all.more people should send their kids to volunteer at one for a few weeks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous