All Comments on 'Sex Club for Nerds and Geeks Ch. 18'

by Peterspeter

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
PeterspeterPeterspeteralmost 12 years agoAuthor

“It's nice,” wrote Anonymous on June 18, 2012 in a comment on Chapter 17 of this prequel, “... but this is not Thuy.”

Anonymous is right, Chapters 16-18 of “Sex Club for Nerds and Geeks” are not about Thuy. Jake tells us everything we can know about her in “Nothing Between Us” — she’s the gal-pal next door, his low-maintenance, insightful, funny, ever-up-for-a-challenge best friend. Think Hildy Johnson in “His Gal Friday.”

The rest of the NBU universe knows Jennifer, a child of immigrants who came to America and landed in Arkansas. She assimilated, changed her name to Jennifer, and parlayed her brains and drive into a full scholarship to Yale and an escape from Arkansas to the North.

M-Y-Erotica, the author of “Nothing Between Us,” tells the story of what happens when Jen re-appears in Jake’s life — how they find themselves alone together after both sets of parents fortuitously take off for long weekends. As a skilled writer, M-Y-Erotica left far more out of this story than she put in. I wanted to explain what happened between the time Jen left Arkansas and that Spring break 20 months later, when she came back to go after Jake.

Several hostile comments have surprised me. The Yale sophomore who delivered such a devastating tit fuck to Jake is hardly a blushing virgin. And there's every reason to believe that Jen cooked up a conspiracy with Jake’s and her parents that kicked into action as soon as Jake's mom pushed him out the door to shoot baskets. And I've provided a good explanation for why Mrs. B hollered to Jen’s mother at the end of NBU, "May! May! You were right! You were right! You said they'd figure it out!" What I’ve done is explain how Jen may have developed her plan to nail Jake.

Unfortunately, I’ve let Sex Club languish for over a year. Writing this prequel to NBU seemed like a good way to get back into it. Sex Club, being the tale of how Carl moves from introvert to adulthood, has had and will have twists and turns as he learns how to relate to people and do good.

When you’ve been away from writing this long, taking it up again presents many opportunities to make mistakes. Mixing up Gauguin and Van Gogh was hilariously dumb. And I have no idea how I came to substitute Alabama’s Fort Payne for Pine Bluff, Arkansas, especially since I clearly remember patting myself on the back for figuring out where on I-530 they probably lived. Chalk these up to rusty research skills. I promise to do better.

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I just read your entire "Sex Club for Nerds and Geeks," series and while I enjoyed it quite a bit I have to agree with the other anonymous poster. The last three chapters have nothing to do with the "Sex Club," storyline at all so why are they under the same name? Were you just trying to garner some free looks from the people who have been waiting for more chapters of "Sex Club," for over a year? It sure seems like you were...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPeterspeter@Peterspeter
249 Followers
My series "Sex Club for Nerds and Geeks" has a new chapter which begins the backstory of one of Lit's most treasured stories, "Nothing Between Us." This is the first of 3 episodes. Enjoy!