All Comments on 'Sex In Times Of Cholera'

by lagneau blanc

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Smoking in a story is a massive turn-off

Any erotic story become non-erotic the instant a character smokes cigarettes. It ruined this story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
that comment made me laugh

a story set during an epidemic (btw, if you're fretting about aesthetics, the symptoms of cholera are disgusting) in a ravished, impoverished country -- and you're turned off by a cigarette smoker?

I don't think it was supposed to be erotic for the sake of getting the reader off. It's got an air of desperation that's very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
gabriel garcia marquez

Was this inspired by Love in the Time of Cholera? Nice piece, though.

geemeedeegeemeedeeabout 12 years ago
I agree with the second Anon.

It's great to know one's likes and dislikes, but if your only comment is that smoking makes you wilt (or dry up) that doesn't help the author in any way. It's just a personal preference. I think the author uses smoking well in this story - as a way to convey an emotional state, a way to add dimension to a character, and on the most basic level, a device to move the plot along.

Speaking of basic levels, I found myself wanting more details about their bodies. It's gotta be because of the setting. Were her legs and armpits hairy or smooth? How does one's skin taste covered in a light film of dirt? What do their lips feel like in a kiss? How do they smell?

Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago

I think you managed to compress a lot of information and emotion into this short story. Why do people give their lives in these barren parts of the world, maybe because they try to make a difference. Who cares if they smoke, or drink, or have sex outside their marriage, they deserve all the small comforts they can find.

Scotsman69Scotsman69about 12 years ago
A lovely tale.

It has imperfections of tense and other grammatical errors, but is very powerful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well done Monsieur Blanc

I think I want to be an aid worker now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
sexy

tht is so fucking sexy i was masterbating and i had like 3 orgasms

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/1880538/my_slut_wife.html

http://m.xhamster.com/movies/1880538/my_slut_wife.html

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous