Shaft Construction Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mel. I don't want to mislead you."

His face fell.

"No. You misunderstand. I have feelings for you as well. I have since the first day I met you. When you interviewed me, you smiled, looked directly into my eyes, and shook my hand. There was an electric current that passed between us. I was already a good AA, but I strived to become your right hand man so to speak. Because of all that hard work, I have been able to spend most of my waking hours with you for the past three years. Your reputation preceded you. I knew you never mixed business with pleasure, so I contented myself just to be your AA. I never had any other expectations than that."

He laughed out loud.

"Toni, look at how much time we have wasted because of my rules."

"No, Mel. The time wasn't wasted. It has given us a long time to get to know each other." She smiled at him. "Kiss me again. I just want to make sure I'm not dreaming."

He pulled her close and kissed her deeply, passionately. The tingling sensation caused by his touch reached all of her zones—she had a quickening feeling in her groin and her nipples were hard nubs.

Mel was having his own issues. His erection was straining against his pants.

He pulled back. His face was flushed.

"I want you Toni. I want to make love to you, but it has to be right. I don't just want to drag you off to bed before we have time to really take this in and make sure it is what we both want." (Gentleman, ain't he?)

"I want you too, but you are right, we have much to think about. Once we take that step, there's no going back, and there could be repercussions."

Mel held her hand while she leans down to disengage the stuck shoe from the soft dirt. Toni smiled to herself as she did so—"You sweet shoe—if you hadn't come off, causing me to stumble, I wonder if he would ever have kissed me." Her heart was beating so fast, she thought it would jump right out of her chest.

He continued to hold her hand as they leisurely strolled to the road around the lake. A horse drawn buggy arrived just as they reached it. Mel helped her up into the carriage, and then paid the driver the fee and some extra. "Go really slow," he told him.

He settled into the seat beside her. She nestled into his shoulder with his arm around her as if it were the most natural thing in the world to do—as if they had always done it. Neither spoke. Both were lost in their own thoughts—excited, scared all at the same time.

He looked down at her. "So beautiful," he thought. He was still amazed to realize that she also had feelings for him.

She felt him looking at her. She turned her face up to him and smiled a sweet smile with lips parted just a bit. He couldn't resist. He leaned down and kissed her sweetly, softly, gently invading that delectable orifice with his tongue. He wanted to taste her. She kissed back with equal passion. There was an electricity arcing between them. If this ride had been taking place in the dark, reader, you would have seen the sparks dancing between and around them.

He pulled her closer, and her arms had managed to find their way around his neck as they kissed more and more deeply.

His hands were exploring her curves, pulling her tighter to him, wanting their bodies to fit together like a puzzle. In his explorations, one of his hands found a breast and lightly grazed over her nipple thru her clothes. She gave a sharp intake of breath at the tingle she felt, but continued kissing him as if there was no one else on the planet besides themselves.

He slowly, but deliberately disengaged himself from her sensuous, marvelous lips. He looked down at her and smiled. "I don't think there is any going back to the way things were. Do you?"

"No Mel—I don't. What are we going to do?"

"I think there is only one thing to do. But before we do this, we need to talk. I don't sleep with just anyone. In fact it has been much longer than I care to remember since I have been intimate with anyone. I take this step seriously. I need to know that you do too. I do not want this to be a fling. If we are going to be together, it must be just you and me—no one else."

She smiled at him, her eyes glowing and melting his heart, "I take this seriously too. My goodness, I am not one to sleep around either. When I give myself, it is to commitment, not just casual sex. So, Mel, we are alike in many ways."

He leaned in to kiss her again. He allowed his hands to roam her body again, and she did not protest. He moved his hand down her side, caressing her hip, grazing her thigh and to her knee. Gently, he parted her legs, and slowly, so tantalizingly slowly moved and caressed his way to her secret grotto. He was pleasantly surprised to realize that she was wearing very sexy thigh high stockings held in place by garters and that her panties were just a scanty scrap of fabric that he moved easily out of his way as his fingers sought their target.

As this journey was occurring, Toni held her breath—excited beyond measure, but terrified as well. "We are truly past the point of no return," she thought just as his fingers parted her dewlips, and touched the moist sweetness. He gently traced his fingers along each side and then slowly, deliberately, gently moved his index finger higher and higher, seemingly a millimeter at a time until he touched her clitoris. It was swollen with her excitement and her sweet juices covered his fingers. Her intake of breath and rocking of her hips as he massaged that magical love bud let him know that he was doing it right. (Remember reader—this is taking place in broad daylight in an open carriage and the driver only a few feet away from them). He massaged her clitoris more intently. Her breathing was becoming more shallow as her pleasure intensified. She was beginning to moan. Mel claimed Toni's mouth with his own as he kissed her deeply while continuing to excite her swollen love bud. He held her head with his other hand to keep her mouth engaged with his as she rode the waves of the orgasm his touch was producing. The gush of her sweet cum coated his fingers. He lightened his touch in her innermost secret place until her breathing had calmed. He pulled back and looked at her and smiled. "Did you enjoy that, love?

She looked up at him. Her face was glowing, flushed. Her eyes were bright. Her lips had that "just been kissed hard" look. "Oh Mel, it was amazing. I can't describe the pleasure. It was sunlight, thunder, lightning, a sweet spring breeze all at once."

She sat up and readjusted herself, and then realized what they had just done. "Oh Mel, what if someone saw us?"

He grinned, "I'm sure that anyone who saw us would wish it was themselves." He brought his fingers that had just provided her with the most amazing sensations to his lips and licked them.

"Toni—the taste of you is one of the things that I have dreamed of for a long time, an absolutely treat, feminine musk of cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg. If I could taste you every day for the rest of my life, I would need no further nourishment."

Toni blushed at that, but emboldened by the high of the moment, she leaned in and kissed him, tasting her own juices comingled with the sweet taste of him. She probed with her smaller tongue darting in and out of his mouth, teasing him, tantalizing him. He responded in kind, holding her close as the world around them melts away.

"Ahem!"

Startled, they broke their kiss, and realized that the carriage had stopped, and the driver was smiling at them. Toni's face flushed bright red. Mel thanked the driver nonchalantly and helped Toni from the carriage.

By this time, the sun has started to set, and there was a coolness that has descended at The Ridge. They walk hand in hand back to the main house.

Chapter Two

By the time they arrived to the veranda of the main house of The Ridge, it was about 7 o'clock. They had time to sit in the rockers and enjoy a glass of iced tea before going to the play. Neither one talked very much. Both were immersed in his/her own thoughts about what had transpired during the carriage ride, and both Mel and Toni were wondering what would happen next. How would today affect their work? How would it affect their lives outside of work? Mel was certain of what he wanted, and he was determined to get it. And Toni, she knew what she wanted, but was afraid she wanted it too much.

She was lost deep in thought.

"Toni... Toni."

She startled out of her reverie and looked up at him, "Yes, did you say something?"

"Yes Toni, it's time to walk to the Playhouse."

She stood up and stepped into his arms for a long luxuriant kiss. "Okay, I'm ready."

Hand in hand, they walked from the main house to the barn along a flagstone pathway flanked on either side by a garden of wildflowers in every color.

The barn was one that had been refurbished. It was huge and painted the traditional red and trimmed in white. It apparently was also part of the project that preserves traditional quilt block patterns by having a design painted on the side. Toni's mother was an avid quilter. Because of that, she knew the names of hundreds of quilt blocks. This one was West Virginny Moonshine, and in keeping with the traditional colors of West Virginia University, it was painted blue and gold. She smiled when she saw it. In fact, she had a quilt at home featuring the same block. It had to be a good omen.

As they reached the door, they were greeted by the concierge who had met them earlier when they arrived for lunch.

"Everything is ready, just as you requested Mr. Milnor."

Toni looked at Mel with a quizzical expression.

He smiled at her, "It's a surprise."

He led her in and up the stairs to the right of the door. They entered the balcony. She followed him to the center of the first row. The house lights were up. They were the only audience in the whole theater.

Now, she was really confused.

"What's going on? Where are all the other people?" she asked.

"Well, Toni, darling, that is the surprise. I bought out all the seats for tonight."

"What?!? When? How? and even more important, why?"

"Well, to your first question, I bought out all the seats for tonight's performance. Secondly and thirdly, when we were sitting on the verandah, you dozed off, so I took the opportunity to speak to the concierge, and paid for it with my credit card. Finally, I want this evening to be amazing and special for you."

"Mel—this is so extravagant. I know you make good money, but this is much, much too much."

"That is nothing you need to concern yourself with. I can more than afford it, and there's nothing you can do to talk me out of it," he smiled at her. (Reader, is this man a gentleman gangster in disguise?)

Toni's mind was awhirl with thoughts that were disconnected. She was unable to make any sense of it at all, but decided (for once in her life) to just go with the flow and enjoy the evening with this very intriguing man that she thought she knew so well—but was beginning to understand that she really didn't know him at all.

The house lights came down, and the narrator's voice was heard. The curtain opened. The play had begun. Although this was a regional playhouse, with local and semi-professional talent, the play was executed very well. The costumes and sets rivaled anything she had seen previously. She was so involved in the dialogue and the goings on onstage, she was surprised when the curtain closed for intermission and the houselights came up. They stood and made their way downstairs for some refreshments and to stretch their legs. They browsed the lobby and perused the photographs of famous actresses and actors who had played at the Ridge before they were famous. There were actually quite a few. She was surprised.

"Are you enjoying yourself darling?"

"Oh yes, Mel, very much. It has been a lovely, lovely day all the way around."

The warning bell toned. It was time to return to their seats. The remainder of the play was just as enjoyable as had been the first half.

The cast made no impression that they were playing for an audience of only two as Mel and Toni applauded their performance. In fact, they did three curtain calls.

It really has been a lovely day, thought Toni as they were walking from the playhouse back to the Ridge. The walk back was just as lovely. The pathway was lighted with very strategically placed uplights among the plants, reflecting the color of the flowers even in the dark. Now that it was late in the evening, and the hustle and bustle of the daylight hours was gone, Toni could hear water as if a fountain was close by. The sound was very relaxing.

They walked hand in hand, simply enjoying being with each other.

"Toni, my dear, it is late, and I don't want this evening to end yet. It is Friday and we do not have to be at work tomorrow, would you do me the honor of staying at the Ridge tonight?"

"Mel, I don't know. So much has happened today, I need some time to think about things."

"My darling, I wasn't asking you to spend the night with me. I will get us separate rooms. There will be an adjoining door, but it will stay locked at your discretion."

"I don't have any clothes to change into." She said.

"Don't worry about that. It will be ok. It's been a long day, and we are both tired." Mel replied.

"Ok, you are right. I am very tired."

"It's settled then."

He motioned to the concierge. He spoke a few words to her. She nodded, left and returned less than one minute later with 2 keys.

"Darling, let's have a small supper before we go to our rooms.

They went to the dining room, and were led to a small table by the fireplace, which had a very small fire in it—mostly for effect as the evening was just a bit cool, not cold.

The waiter didn't take their orders, but brought a plate of chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, and 2 tall glasses of milk.

"Don't tell me—you arranged this too, right?

"Yes, I did. I know for a fact that you love chicken salad sandwiches from Ms. Ramie's Tea House as that is what you eat at your desk quite often when you work through lunch. These are not Ms Ramie's, but I'm sure that they are quite good."

"They are very good."

They continued their conversation even after the meal was finished. Toni was surprised how comfortable she had become with him in just these few short hours they had spent together.

The concierge approached their table. "Your rooms are ready Mr. Milnor—225 and 227, right up those stairs and all the way to the end of the hall on the left. Here are your key cards."

"Thank you," said Mel as he tipped the concierge.

Mel turned his gaze to Toni. Her heart skipped a beat as she felt his eyes piercing through to the heart of her. "Shall we go?"

She nodded.

He reached for her hand and they left the dining room and headed toward the stairs. They were surreptitiously glancing at each other, trying to gauge each other's thoughts.

"Your room is 227, Toni. You'll find everything you need has been delivered to your room."

She looked at him quizzically.

"There is a door between the rooms," he went on. "I'll be right next door if you need me." He pulled her close and kissed her deeply. "We'll take this at your pace—whatever you are ready for whenever you are ready for it. I don't want to pressure you at all."

He opened her door and handed her the key. He kissed her again. "Good night Toni. Sweet dreams!" With that he turned and walked to his own room, opened the door and disappeared. He didn't even glance back at her. (Reader, he was trembling inside. It was all he could do to keep from sweeping her off her feet, carrying her to the bed and ravishing her. But remember, Mel is a true gentleman—and true gentlemen never, ever force themselves upon a woman).

Toni was left standing with her mouth open in surprise. It took her a moment to recover her senses. Then she turned and walked into the room, closing and latching the door behind her.

She gazed at the beautiful room before her. The lights were on, soft, elegant lighting showing the room to its best advantage. In the center of the room was an enormous four-poster bed. The coverlet looked to be an antique quilt appliquéd with various flowers. She recalled from her quilt books and magazines, that this was a Boston Album quilt. Not many have survived from the mid 1800s. It was in perfect condition, and the colors were still brilliant even after more than 100 years of use. The novelty of such a wonderful quilt find only held her attention for but a moment, for stacked high in the middle of the enormous four-poster, was a large stack of boutique boxes—shiny black and white and tied with silver ribbons.

She stepped closer to the bed and saw that there was a tag on each one that bore her name and signed, "XO XO XO, Mel."

(Well reader, even though our Toni is during the day, a cold-as-ice, top-notch administrative assistant to our leading man, Mel; she is still a woman. While her intention is to refuse the gifts, she still is curious about the contents of those beautiful boxes, but her ethics outweigh her curiosity.)

Toni maintains her resolve. She knocks on the door joining the rooms.

"I'm here Toni. The lock is on your side."

She leans close to the door, and says, "Mel, I can't accept these gifts."

"Of course you can!"

"No," she says firmly, "I can't. You've spent an absolute fortune on me today, that you really shouldn't have. I don't want you to go into debt for just one evening."

"Your worry isn't necessary. I just want to see you happy."

"I don't need things to make me happy. What has made me happy today is that we are finally revealing our true feelings for each other."

"I'm glad to hear you say that," Mel replies through the door.

"Mel?"

"Yes Toni."

"I don't want you to think badly of me, but I really don't want this night to end yet."

"Darling, I could never think badly of you. Do you want to open the door?"

"Yes, I believe I do," she replies a bit nervously.

She turns the latch. It clicks. She turns the highly polished brass doorknob and pulls the door open.

Mel is standing there with a wide smile. He opens his arms and she walks into them. As he enfolds her in his embrace, all her trepidation seems to fly out of her mind and heart.

They pull back and look into each other's eyes. His seemed to burn right through to her soul. She parted her lips and he leaned in to claim them. Their tongues tangoed in a frenzied rhythm as their hands explored each other, grasping for buttons, zippers, belts. They undressed each other, drinking in the scent of the other, growing more and more aroused. Finally, all clothing discarded in a haphazard circle on the floor around them, they were skin to skin.

Taking her hand, and never taking his eyes off her, he led her to the bed. She settled herself into the center of the bed amidst the mountain of pillows.

"I want to explore your body. I want to tantalize your senses and bring you to heights you've never experienced before," Mel said huskily to her. "I want you to give yourself to me completely. I want you to trust me completely. But you will be in control at all times. Tell me what you like, what you don't like. I want to please you. I want you to cum as you've never cum before. Can you trust me to please you?"

"Yes, Mel, I trust you."

"This is our first time together, but I want your senses to be heightened to the nth degree. I want to blindfold you, so you won't know where the next touch will be. I promise your orgasms will be intense because you've been temporarily deprived of one of your senses."

"That makes me a little nervous," she replied.

"You are in charge. The blindfold is a silk scarf that I will just loosely place around your head. Your hands will be free. You can take it off anytime you want. Also, love, remember tell me when I do something you like as well when it is something you don't like."