All Comments on 'Shattered Dreams'

by TJSkywind

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
TJSkywindTJSkywindover 9 years agoAuthor
Hmm

I know I placed this in Erotic Horror, but I guess the Celebrity tag trumps that. Ah well. Comments welcome.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 7 years agoAuthor
For what it's worth

This story came to me from a vivid dream after watching the second movie, Aliens. When I found it again, I polished it up and posted it here. Sometimes Morpheus allows the muse to touch us through dreams.

Slainté

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’ve come to enjoy the detail of your writings, as chaotic as they can be at times. I like this one-off as an alternative to anything ‘canon’ that the studios are saying happened after Aliens. I still like the idea of Ellen Ripley having a second chance at motherhood and hanging with her bestie Newt and the unflappable Hicks more than a dream-sequence, though. Good writing, anyway.

Some errata if you will: 1) Bishop was a synthetic in a long line of them, but as unique in name as far as Ripley’s ‘current’ experiences held. 2) Ripley’s daughter was named Amanda.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the response. Fan comments are generally appreciated.

I literally spent a couple of hours transcribing the scene between Burke and LT Gorman during their visit to Ripley in her apartment, wanting it to be an exact copy of what happened in the film. As for some of the details, I very possibly could have misheard it, but I was sure in the second movie, Ripley said her daughter's name was Elizabeth. I'm not sure what happened there. A discrepancy between the first movie and the second? It's been a few years since I've seen the movie now that I'll take your word for it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTJSkywind@TJSkywind
================================== STAND-ALONE TALES Shattered Dreams - Erotic Horror /Celebrity/SF story about Ripley of Aliens; non-erotic ================================== A reader, gyfurune, correctly proposed a chronology of my stories a few years ago. I will endeavor to...