She Couldn't Change Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I guess Sam called me two or three nights later, but I quit answering the house phone and my cell. It was painful for me to think too much about her. I kept busy with the ranch during the day and did the best I could at night. I knew I should quit pouting and talk to her, but I was hurting. The only way to lessen the pain was to try not to think about Sam. Fat chance. Ten days later attending a cattle auction and rodeo in Dallas, I ran into an old college buddy. I was there to look and maybe buy a couple of breeding bulls and Rich was there to get background on the rodeo. The rodeo was going to L.A. and Rich worked for the PR firm that was doing the advertising. He was fascinated to find out I really owned a ranch.

We had dinner together and I found out he worked for the same company as Sam. He was in a different division, but knew about her. He asked why I was interested and the whole story came out. The hardest part was to tell him about my reaction to the grab ass that was going on.

"You way off base there pal. Melody is right, what you saw is just the normal greeting that goes on in Tinsel Town. It really doesn't mean anything. I know a little about Melody and she isn't sleeping around or anything. The rumors are that she is an ice queen except for the guy that visits her regularly. I had no idea that it was you doing the visiting."

"I never believed she was sleeping around or anything, Rich. What you call normal doesn't set well with me. If I was around and saw it happen again, I don't know if I could control myself."

"Well if you give up on her, the men in Hollywood will be grateful. There will be a stampede of guys wanting to get next to her. Think about it Jack. It's obvious you love her. Don't let her get away."

We said good bye and promised to keep in touch. I had a lot to think about on the flight home. Sam deserved her position and I couldn't ask her to give it up, but I didn't want to live her kind of life either. My thoughts went round and round. My flight land in Little Rock and it took me a little over 90 minutes to get home. I made my decision on the drive home.

I decided that any amount of time with Sam was much better than no time with her. I love her too much to let Hollywood come between us. If I saw the overly affectionate greetings, I would just grit my teeth and bear it. As I drove past the house to the garage, I noticed I had a visitor. Sam was sitting in my rocking chair on the front porch. I was surprised and excited to see her and I stopped the truck and ran to her.

"Got room for a weary traveler," Sam asked? "I don't know how I will pay you because I'm unemployed at the moment."

"What? Unemployed? Why?" I just kept on asking questions.

"When you refused to answer you phone or call me back, I decided I would have to come to you. You certainly weren't going to come to me. I told my boss what was going on and that I needed a few days to come see you. He told I could have the time off in a couple of weeks, but not now. So, I quit and came anyway." We were married the next month at the ranch. It was a big shindig and it seemed like the whole county was there. My friend Rich was the only Hollywood type invited.

That was almost four years ago. We now have two sons and Sam has become a rancher's wife and says she is enjoying learning about the ranch. However she got her old job back in Little Rock after the boys were born. So Sam is still a celebrity type.

I guess she changed her mind when she couldn't change me.

She said I guess when you love someone you just gotta let it be
Yeah, she changed her mind when she couldn't change me
(MONTGOMERY GENTRY)

QUOTE: Life goes on.

12