All Comments on 'She Dares to Play with Her Marriage'

by Winterfrog

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
Good enough story

well written, but definitely not up to your usual standard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Kind of fun - I enjoyed reading it.

Seems pretty realistic to me! I ca see thins happening just the way it was told.

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
liked it

whether it is about reconciliation or not, Winterfrog's easy-going style is always refreshing,,,,

a lot of us speak English as our second, third, or fourth language, so I htought Winterfrog's somewhat idiomatic phraseology just makes the story-telling so much more authentic!

have always enjoyed your stories, dear author,,, keep you easy-flowing, easy-going, easy-pacing style, with little or no nonese emotional outbursts and little or not nonsense acceptance of bitchy, cunniving, backstabbing spouses! find a good woman and move on as you usually do, without deep pseudo thoughts and dilemma,,,, that's how things are done! lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great

Another winner. One reason I enjoyed this story is that you didn't mad, you got even. And the last paragraph was just icing on the cake.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
One Of Your Best - KUDO's Author

Not much else to say except to say thank you - you are appreciated for your talent and imagination.

More at interval is hoped for!

With Very High Regard

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
A good fun read

Not Much doubt about what will happen but it is worth a chuckle or two how it was handled.

After his letter reached everyone I can imagine how married men didn't want to be seen too close to her lest they be considered the lover and their wife screaming obscenities.

It sounds like the old man would like to boot his ass but he recognizes that he really, desperately needs him to run the company. It is sure nice to be needed, no??

I always like Winterfrog's entries, always very good. I also think Kanga is getting to be a real stick.

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 18 years ago
A Nice Story

It was a very nice read, but as Kanga said not up to your standard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Please write more

I always love your stories and the humoristic style they are written, but they time between them is far tooooo long.

This one I loved too, but Kanga is right. I just miss some more slippery details, some more lies, some more about Sweden and the swedish sight of the world perhaps. So please don't take too long for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
not another bitter male story

come on guys! If your wife cheats, it's best to talk about it rather than do rash things. At least find out if it's true first before you react.

sherlock40sherlock40almost 18 years ago
Once again, a great story from you.

I have liked most of your stories and this one was very good. The cheating spouse gets what they deserved and the cheated on spouse gets on with their life. It hurts, but it the way things happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
BRAVO!

This author has ,again, delivered a well written,believable, coherent story.I felt real empathy for the poor father of the wife as he came to the conclusion that he could not put the family business in the hands of his immoral daughter.The author implies that sometimes the bond of kinship does not over ride the common good.The author's point about Michael's refusal to attend the cynical birthday party is refreshing in that this character will not become a hypocrite just to assuage a social convention.However,the most powerful point is stated in the forthright manner by which Michael gives clear warning that their marriage is in trouble---The LETTER.There is no equivocation in the letter.You know exactly where he stands and what his reaction to cuckholdry will be.He does not mince words to save the miscreants feelings.He will not celebrate with those who intend to make a fool of him.The letter says to the world that this is a real man.This is a man to be taken seriously and reckoned with.This is a man to be respected!

MetzovMetzovalmost 18 years ago
I had to think about it for a while

Before I realized why I liked it so much. Believe it or not it was the way the wife blamed him for her troubles. I think the way she acted after he left her is much more realistic then most stores I read. Anyone that could do what she did should have no problem thinking of reasons why she didn't deserve what happened. Most people like to think of them self as a good person even when they're doing bad things. It's always surprising how far people can go to rationalize the things they do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
These stories are getting tiresome

Why don't you just write. I caught my wife cheating by using some cheap Dick Tracey listening device. I set up the plot so everyone in town would be on my side and all my wife could do was cry. And then I met a real hot lady who knows how to love me. Conclusion I live like a king and my wife and her lover have been forced to 1. turn tricks on the bad side of town 2. live in a cardboard box or 3. just fade away (as in this story's case). By doing this you can save time trying in vain to come up with a decent plot. I wouldn't worry about not receiving good ratings. The moronic evangelicals that follow these stories would give a 5 to any story where the husband unceremoniously boots his wife out of the house. Says a great deal about their private lives, and probably yours, doesn't it?

The only thing I really enjoyed was the part where the father in law choses the son in law over not only his own daughter but his son as well. That's about as realistic as green cheese from the moon.

MetzovMetzovalmost 18 years ago
Amazing

This is the second post I've seen from this Anon today. He had to apologize in the other one for being dead wrong in his post on the first half of the story.

But even so he took the time to attack the evangelicals

(All I can think of is this is what he calls everyone that doesnt share his world view} Being an Agnostic I'm not bothered :)

Don't worry about people that have their own little agenda like him. If everyone payed attention to him we'd never see another new Loving Wife story without the husband setting in a corner waiting to serve refreshments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
What is really tiresome...

is the predictable commenters who trash your work without providing any positive feedback. They take and take with no regard to the personal efforts needed to put these stories out. It is ok not to like a story because I know you want to know how many people liked it or not but the site provides a button to score each story.

Even when I do not like a story I try to ignore the fact that the story did not end the way I wanted it to end. In the tradition of story-telling it does not matter how a story ends as along as it is well written and I am not talking about minor typos. When an author write a fantasy as a real life drama that is a bad story. When an author write a willing cuckold story I believe that the story belong in another category and it is usually not realistic in terms of the husband's character.

The letter was a masterspiece! His cynical wife had set up this 40th birthday party which was to honor her husband but in reality, designed to humiliate him. The fact that many people knew about her affair and were invited to this party added further injury to the marriage.

Some commenter thought that the husband acted rashly but there is no reason that he must spend tons of money to videotape and catch them in the act. In most divorce proceedings lovers are not known to commit perjury once they are named to the action especially when someone may confirm their illicit meetings.

Reconciliation was not possible in this case because Linda's actions clearly showed an utter disregard for Michael and the chidren. The marriage was a total sham so the kids could not benefit from them staying together.

Once again an outstanding story!

SleeplessinMD

don87654don87654almost 18 years ago
Great reading!

Good reading, but you are truly a bastard on how you treated your wife in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
**

Reply to Dons comment,he is NOT a bastard,he IS a man.

Angel LoveAngel Lovealmost 18 years ago
Very Nice!

Even though you are a challenge to edit (but I luv ya) you are an excellent writer Winter.I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I pass a story back to you because I know it is still in your words not mine. Keep up the good work and I'll be here for you too . . . smiles . . . angel.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Great plot development and dialogue

Just thank you for a wonderful story. It has got to be hard work to produce such great plots.

Thank you to Angel Love for her editing and not taking out the Swedish vernacular.

And to Metzov you have hit on a really honest point.

Thank you for sharing your talent and time with us.

With respect

PT

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIalmost 18 years ago
One Point Made by Anon USA

the logic as to why the old man gave the son in law the business (as opposed to giving it to the inept son or the slutting daughter: either case, it'd be like throwing the business away, really) is actually very good:

his GENES, his "heirs" are those two kids the son in law is raising; they will see how hard his dad has worked for their grandfather, who, in turn, worked his whole life to build that family business,,,,

so why should the old man destroy his whole life's work by assigning it to the idiotic son or the faithless, untrustworthy daughter, both of whom --- in addition to being mostly "leeches" most of their lives --- are totally inept in business

now, with a prospering family business like that, those two useless offspring of the old man need not starve, no; they will receive good monthly incomes/subsidies; but it makes PERFECT sense for the old man to make the son in law and his two GRANDKIDS the owners/caretakers of the family business, yes!!

and the son in law has proven himself ove the years, from being a good, trustworthy man, to also, again, being good business man

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIalmost 18 years ago
One Point Made by Anon USA

meant to say:

his (the old man's) GENES, his "heirs," are those two kids the son in law is raising; the kids will see how hard THEIR dad (the son in law) has worked for their grandfather (the old man), who had worked his whole life to build that family business,,,,,,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I didn't know Scandanavians were men

Since you lost the Vikings, I didn't know Scandanavia had men who would beat up on adulterers. Bravo on the last paragraph, but it was too bad the husband was such a wimp and wasn't pounding the jerk too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I always picture

In these kinda breaking-the-spirit-of-the-loving-wives-category stories, I always picture this horrifically melodramatic ending like from SWep3 where the Husband yells out a long "Nnnnooooooooooooo!" The emotionally stilted writing these have could be -improved- by a visit from the post-80s Lucas.

So sad, so sad. There is no eroticism in these stories. No eroticism. Oh well, atleast there's ASSTR, where people understand what the fuck Smut is.

Risq_001Risq_001almost 18 years ago
I, again, liked this story Winterfrog

The one thing I of course liked was the point you made when you said you don't have to be a 'Sherlock Holmes' to investigate. I laugh because every time an author says something about getting proof his wife is cheat he's said to be cliche`. But if he throws her out only based on what other people said, then the other half say's he's going off half cocked. Some folks have never looked how easy it is to get some of this items and monitor their homes and cars. I was just looking at voice activated recorders in Circuit City and Best Buy just yesterday. You'd be amazed at how small they are and how easy they are to work.

In this case you let him get the proof first, then let him slowly act on it. A couple of things I found different, but believeable, was that the "ex-wife" felt she was the wronged party in this, and continued to feel this way until the end of the story. She never admitted her guilt and continued to try to bluff her way out of it. You also didn't take the path of the husband assulting the lover. You left it up to his wife to do it for him.

In all a good story I thought, and you balanced it out pretty well.

And I for one don't mind that it wasn't a "Stroke" story like some folks are expecting you to make it. I like an entertaining story. If sex is part of the story, then its a part. But if it's not, then it's not.

Thanks for a good story.

-Risq

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
Entertaining Story

True to form you have a husband who does not condone cheating. In many of your stories you have the husband STOP the cheating before it starts, but in this story he is too late. She has been cheating so he has only one course of action and he takes it.

Many have commented on the fact that the wife doesn't seem to take any blame in this situation. That reinforces that rightness of the divorce. If she really loved this guy she would have been sorry for what she did. Here she only was angry because he made her look like a slut.

Ooops, I guess if it looks like a slut it is a slut. And she certainly did look like a slut.

Thanks as always for your efforts.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great

nicely written and very plausible plot. enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
HEy, not bad!

Good story, like how hubby had the wrong guy bloke for the affair...kept it plausible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Perfect 10

This is what I call a good story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
This

story contains three of the best consecutive lines on this site.He says"Frederik Anderson",she says "yes",he says"pray for his soul"Absolutely brilliant!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Story!

Personally, I thought it was one of the better stories you have written. I sometimes wonder at the lengths you have the husband go to stop his wife from deliberately cheating! How can one ever trust a wife who tries so hard to cheat? In any case, Kanga is about alone on this one...other than those few that give 00s no matter what is written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
With children, should have offered reconciliation for a price

After Linda had named her lover, Michael should have let the party go ahead if she agreed to confess and receive a severe spanking from Frederick's wife at the party in exchange for reconciliation. Likewise, Frederick could have been offered a caning from Michael for forgiveness. Reconciliation yes, but only after sufficient humiliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
no reconciliation possible

Any whore that gets a thrill by inviting her gigolo to her hubby's 40th b'day party is a psycho-bitch from hell. Only solution is to dump the slut and move on to the delightful Emma.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Hell,I've Got a chock !!

The shit had hit the fan !!!!!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ROCK STARS GET ALL THE PUSSY

and the consequemces be damned. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Excellent

That's how you get rid of a cheating wife and get to run daddy's company also.

DON'T CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE

CONSEQUENCES ABOUND

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
she deserved to be dumped and sold as a slut

Those that cheat deserve the worst in the world that can happen to them.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Selfish

Shows how selfish some people can be. She cheated on him and invited her boy toy to HIS birthday party, and then she threatens divorce because he wants to cancel HIS party. Next, she blames him for everyone "thinking" that she is a cheating slut. I can't think of a more appropriate name for her.

BDEarthBDEarthover 10 years ago
Wishy Washy

The story lacked depth; and you left many loose ends.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Loved it

Many people criticize your stories for a lack of depth. I guess I lack depth too! I like the attitude of you husbands. They are not cry babies. They identify a problem and act with sure and aggressive decisiveness. Cheating is a total betrayal of the most important relationship a person can have. When confronted with this horrible situation, what a person does defined their character. While indecision, angst, and sorrow may make for an emotional roller coaster of a story, it is not the way I run my life. Real men are the guys that do what they have to when they are faced with a bad situation. What they do is defined by their values. Whether they try to work it out for the kids or end a rotten marriage, they have good reasons and act accordingly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This is ........

A flash story and may have been described as such... It may reduce the rancore from the folks who complain about lack of DEPTH.

Kuddos

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Strong

I'm glad he stayed strong ,at least he didn't let her say ah shuck's sorry about that and take her back. Like so many authors do here.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
I've often said

I enjoy WF stories. This was another good one. Many of his stories are claimed to be edited; this one actually was - at least the first half.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 9 years ago
No wimp here!

Good job, Winterfrog.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Online Dating

It is very difficult to meet the right one in this world

People are mostly liars and hide their real intention

I think i am a little bit lucky, because i met my hero on a dating site

http://www.erisdating.com or http://www.angelreturn.com do not be hopeless,

There are still nice and honest people who can give you the love you deserve

Life is short and it has no meaning without love...

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THREATS MADE IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT

are to be treated as such unless; you really piss someone off. TK U MLJ LV NV

MullendersMullendersalmost 8 years ago

Tazzz how wrong could you be ??

i make my disicions in seconds and i am also a man who does not change his mind easily so when i tell you i will beat your ass even when i am pissed you can be sure that i am gonna kick you'er ass (or the other person mine but i rahter not think about that :P)

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
No earth shaking novelties or ingenious plot twists but with a steady stream of nuances, Winterfrog makes the story flow

I like the idea of two-faced friends getting exiled from deceived hubby's life. The business subplot was introduced and advanced to show narrator's overall competence and work ethic. The kids were sympatico and the arrogant wife who thought she could be a player ad infinitum was humbled. Winterfrog knows how to bring focus close up and dissolve at appropriate times. The overall story is the foremost consideration.

To be honest , in terms of wordsmith ability Winterfrog is a journeyman. But it's his ability to find a fresh riff on cliches that make his stories worthy of encore perusal. I'd like to write with power and grace of Daniel Q. Steele, xleglover, RichardGerald, FD45 even Slirpuff at the top of his game .

Yet in terms of what it would be smart to emulate when beginning is authors like this one , Papatoad , DG Heard. There are others, but those are the foremost LW authors who keep it ( deceptively ? )simple and yet keep me fully engaged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amen, brother!

Most women will never find out that to a man respect is more valuable than love or pussy.

It is my firm belief that women are whores and once that part takes over they cease to have any lasting value.

I sound like a misogynist but I also believe that women are more interesting and tougher than men.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5! Well annony you retarded fag

we sue as hell knew it was by the dumbass comment you always leave. Go fuck yourself you dim witted asshole

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 6 years ago
He writes

... well enough to keep the attention but the style seems a bit like note-taking, perhaps because it's not his first language. The message that he doesn't take any shit comes over loud and clear.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Selfish woman.

If she cared, she'd have let him join in. He was right to leave her.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Anon of 03/14/18

Bonnie/Vastie...get a fucking life. You're pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
basic bitch ex-wife

'i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry'

'how dare you expose me to the light of day!?"

sunlight is the best disinfectant. who cares what she feels and thinks anymore.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Dec anonymous you said it for me

Nothing more

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Things I've learned about Scandinavians by reading WF's stories

I've read a lot of WF's stories recently and I've got to say they've been eye opening. I had no idea how people were over there before now! Here's a list of things I've discovered:

This list is not entirely limited to events in this story alone and the items on it are randomly placed.

- Scandinavian women are irrational creatures who never verify scandalous rumors told to them by close friends, work associates, relatives, complete strangers, or old boyfriends. They simply go into a rage and seek revenge, usually by screwing the person who told them the rumor.

- People there can get a divorce in six months simply by submitting filled out forms. Their spouse's signature, agreement, or even knowledge of the divorce isn't necessary.

- All available women over the age of 25 have been divorced and have one child and hope to have another.

- Scandinavians will end up in bed together by the second or third date, guaranteed. The female being on her period and a lack of birth control is inconsequential.

- After said fucking, both parties will admit they're in love regardless of how short a time they've known one another or indeed whether they're still married to someone else. After all, "who dares wins," right?

- Within a year or two males will have two children with their wife. Why available divorced women only have one child when newly divorced men first meet them is a mystery for the ages. Regardless, the newly divorced man will see to it she gets her second child post-haste.

- All Scandinavian women, even ones who are nearly plain, become beautiful and desired by other males when they put on makeup and have their hair done.

- Scandinavian children are mysterious, rarely seen creatures who hardly ever make a fuss or even talk to adults. They are blasé and practical about their parents getting a divorce and splitting time between them, and they always magically get along with children from other divorced women who fall in love with their divorced father on the second date.

- Women who are accused of wrong doing will scream insanely at their husband whom they love and ask him if he's hallucinating. After a certain amount of time has passed, regardless of which way the argument is going, they will run to their bedroom crying and demand that their husband either remove to the guest room or leave the domicile entirely.

- All women there will turn ash grey at some point. It is inevitable.

- When in doubt, a Scandinavian man will buy a voice activated recorder! They always do the trick. Except even when they have clear evidence on said recorders Scandinavian men will strangely never use them as leverage, to win an argument, or to provide proof of infidelity. It is another mystery for the ages why not.

- Women who cheat on their very kind, loving, supportive (but never wimpy!) husbands will always act like complete assholes for a period of a week to several months after they are caught. Shortly after that they will realize they've made the worst mistake of their life and attempt reconciliation with varying results usually depending on how badly their husband's pride was hurt. Children will be listed as one reason for reconciling but will rarely be seen or heard from. See above entry on Scandinavian children for reference.

- THE SHIT HIT THE FAN!

WHEW! Who knew how those crazy Scandinavians really behaved all this time? I'm amazed. As one commenter pointed out in another WF story, we men should all go over there some day. Apparently 90% of all the women are sluts and getting a divorce is easy as pie. Heck, half of them are fine living with you without getting married for over a decade! What a place to live!

This list is for entertainment purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

LucasredLucasredover 4 years ago
Straight up

No muss, no fuss. Take care of business and move on.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Mostly

Mostly, usually, often, old Frog doesn't mess around or forgive a cheating wife. He just gets rid of them. Good story.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Caught

Why are they so concerned with their reputation of others know what they are? Good riddance bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

that's cute. his ex wife gas-lighting him to the bitter end. she 'can't forgive him' for outing her.

my favorite reply to anybody that cries like she did is, 'sunlight is the best disinfectant' and where i'm standing...you got a lot of sunlight poured on your diseased ass.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I liked it! One grammatical issue. I realize that English is not your first language, but he keeps speaking of his wife's affair in the past tense as in "Frederick was .... my wife." It is present tense unless the affair is over as in "Frederick is [or has been] ... my wife." I only mention this because it makes the matter more urgent.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Typical Winterfrog and I mean in a good way. Clear plot, fast action, no sermons, no psychobabble, no "I drank, I cried, I throw up" nonsense from other BTB talentless "authors."

I would prefer a little longer story with more intricate plot but this is fine.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Again. Old Frog takes quick action against the cheaters, but just doesn’t go far enough.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Sheeesh. Cliche after cliche. Weak story. Typos up the wazoo.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

This is the best three lines in the story and I really enjoyed them:

"Frederick Anderson?"

"Yes."

"Pray for his soul."

usaretusaret11 months ago

Good story, but a bit stilted.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Get an editor

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

These lines from the story are great.

"Frederick Anderson?"

"Yes."

"Pray for his soul."

inka2222inka22223 months ago

Heh, the usual whining from man hating sleazoids in the comments. So obviously the story is a 5-star BTB.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous