All Comments on 'She Loved Paris'

by CharlieL

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
One of the best ever

Damn, you wirte as if we are right in the room with the characters and that is after you have developed the characters better than every other writer I had read on these pages. Keep up the great work and maybe there is going to be a sequel to this ....Ihope Ihope

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
the tour guide's version of Paris

Nobody - and I mean NOBODY - who had any experience of Paris would waste time and money on one of those sightseeing boats on the Seine

Not a bad fantasy - just weak on the details and way too impatient to get with the sex once the back story was (sort of) in place

Virgins who drag men into bed and are multi-orgasmic are objects of fantasy and not much more

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Gotta disagree about the boat ride ...

First - I loved the story as a travelogue and as a tale. I liked the long section before they became intimate, feeling that it gave versimilltude to the piece. I also totally agree with the protagonist about pacing one's self when visiting the Louvre and the other fine museums.

I completely disagree with the comment below regarding the evening boat ride on the Seine. While the protagonist was a frequent visitor to Paris and would likely not do it alone it is exactly the kind of thing every first time visitor would do and enjoy - it's easy to find, the views are spectacular, and it's relatively cheap. My wife & I thought it was well worth doing ... once, perhaps twice.

As someone who grew up in a tourism-centric area (Hawaii) I can understand that such activities can become cloying and bothersome to those exposed repeatedly, but I doubt ANY young woman (and few young men if with a young woman) visiting Paris for the first time would pass up such a trip. I can also say that returning to the the same sites & monuments repeatedly is made fresh & interesting again if you concentrate on making it a fun for your visitor.

If you were meaning instead that some of the torist boats are bad, there I can agree - the bigger ones with the greenhouse of glass are horrible on any day when the sun shines, for obvious reasons. The evening/sunset cruises are much better, on all boats.

Thanks, CharlieL, for sharing this work with us. It brought back fond memories of Paris, and a few new dreams of young art students ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A very enjoyable read. We need more like it.

I loved Paris as well and never found that the boat rides were a waste of money. I guess it all depends on how much monsy you have in your wallet.

All in all I thought this was a fantstic story and tour of Paris as well. The author sure developed the characters very well

CharlieLCharlieLover 13 years agoAuthor
TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THE CRITICISM OF PARIS BOAT RIDE

I couldn't disagree more if I tried with the reader who claims that NOBODY, but NOBODY would waste the money on a boat ride on the Seine. I have the opposite view. NOBODY, but NOBODY would travel 4 to 5 thousand miles across the ocean and not take the time to spend about 10 bucks to take a half-hour boat ride on a very picturesque river and see some of the sights that city has to offer from the water.

I guess it's the old line about not being able to please everyone

thebug37thebug37almost 9 years ago
Paris By Day - Paris By Night - Night With Love In A Paris Hotel Bed

The title says it all. Great story. Thanks for a Gold 5 Star writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous