All Comments on 'Shelter from the Storm'

by jfremont

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
J_RReaderJ_RReaderabout 8 years ago
Heartwarming

I can not understand why there are no previous views or comments, this story deservs both.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful Story

Great Story, Very well done. This one could have been easily a multiple chapter story. Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
nuthing less than

5 stars will satisfy the restful ghosts.

*****s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Romance

A great romance in the Romance section. Thank you. 5 Stars! So many have put NOT-Romance here that this was a breath of fresh air. I will have to read more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
from the old one

A rare delight! a moving romantic story. Even a cynical old man's heart strings were tugged. A good story like this even if not frequent is so satisfying that one can return to it and mull over it.

mel_pomenemel_pomeneabout 8 years ago
Oh, my ...

What a delightful story you have brought us, jfremont, one of the very best of its type. Five stars seems a poor return for such a talented submission, but they are yours -- and well-earned.

Thank you.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 8 years ago
A Feel-Good tale

The story was completely predictable, but that did not detract from the enjoyment of reading it. Imagine, traveling through a almost completely unpopulated rural area and getting stuck a couple of hundred yards from a fully outfitted house complete with highly compatible woman who knows the same songs, is the same age and even knows the same card games. Yet it was still fun reading it even if you could have written the plot down after the first few paragraphs. Definitely worth a 5* just because it made me feel good reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Just loved it

I think this is the first contribution by you that I have read but I hope not the last.

D.S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Victor from Russia

I love this story. Thank u for warm feelings and nice romantic mood after reading.

billybardbillybardabout 8 years ago
Well Done

A wonderful romantic tale, that left a broad smile on my face (and a warm spot in my heart).

Having read a few of your previous efforts, I was not disappointed with this one.

You have a lovely talent for setting the scene and telling a story.

Sure hope that you have several more stories in progress.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good but corny

I'd like to say this was good. It is well written, with good grammar and spelling, nice descriptions of the storm and generally good pacing. It is better than 95% of the stories on this site. So it's good in many ways.

The problem is I couldn't feel any warmth toward either character, and the sex was about as exciting as looking up the word "naked" in the dictionary (apologies to KA).

Sorry, but that's the way it was.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 8 years ago
Nice

Anon say corny but nice. Agree. Good story and smooth transition from strangers to lovers.

Well done.

AhazuraAhazuraabout 8 years ago
Very nice story

thank you for sharing.

pope32767pope32767about 8 years ago
I wonder if you wrote the song lyrics yourself

I looked on Digital Tradition and googled phrases from it but didn't find anything. If you did write it, well done! If you didn't, well found!

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
ADD UP ALL THE DISTRACTIONS

try and find happiness without them, TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you for a wonderful love story.

I think I had a class from the same professor. lol

LadyCharlyLadyCharlyabout 8 years ago
Lovely, lovely

I do believe Mountain Pine is the heart of my soul.

Sing on. Sing on.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 8 years ago
Wonderful

Wonderful. The very best kind of story in this genre. It has a start, a middle and, unlike far too many in this category, a happy ever after ending.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 8 years ago
What can I say....

I like your stuff!

photolvrphotolvrabout 8 years ago
Thank you!

A beautiful story!

autumnberryautumnberryabout 8 years ago
Beautiful.

A simple love story, but amazing.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Trauma and Romance

Both just came out of traumatic experiences and finding yourself buried under snow or in a house without power in an ice storm will ratchet it up a few levels. Turning to sex would seem like a natural response to me. But they turned to love...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I disliked this story but well written

1. I was in the nonhuman section, I am not even sure how I got into this romance area.

2. Plot twist ? Maybe she could have been a werewolf. Maybe Bigfoot kicks down the door and has sex with them both in front of the fire place. No one ever expects the gangbangged by a tribe of bigfoots twist.

3. Even one were wolf or some type of coven would have made this 5 stars.

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 7 years ago
Very charming story with a happy ending.

Please keep writing. I really enjoyed your story and it was not only well written but also classy. Keep up the good work.

Reiner43Reiner43over 6 years ago
Great story

Believable, realistic - a nice love story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Beautiful

Well written. Erotic without being tawdry or cliched. Wonderful ending. Excellently done.

RABSTARABSTAalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful story!

I've just rediscovered your stories. I've been reading through them in order. I hope you are doing during this pandemic and staying healthy. I see you have not posted anything since 2018. I hope you are still writing.

G5902G5902over 3 years ago

This morning I was fortunate enough to find your stories again! The first time that I read them I was not a registered reader. This is a GREAT story! Thank You for sharing your writings!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overcritical said it was predictable, which it was, and still gave 5 stars when he usually gives out 3 stars for predictable stories. Perhaps he should change his name to Overhypocritical.

Rusty_MRusty_M11 months ago

Loves the ending,

Foggybottom81Foggybottom812 months ago

Good story even if somewhat predictable.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous