All Comments on 'Sherry's Diary: Introduction'

by JayBerry

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
Wow

I don’t know what to make of this. Is this truly a peek into a deceased wife’s diary? Or is this a fictional story? Either way, it’s incredibly compelling and heart-wrenching. I can’t help but wonder what I would do in this situation. Would I read her diary? I suppose I probably would, only to feel reconnected with her and understand her better. But what if you learn something you’d rather not know? And does the violation of trust and privacy end with a person’s life?

Like I said, it’s incredibly compelling and thought-provoking. Whether it’s truth or fiction, I thank the author for this contribution and hope that he continues this project.

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Fascinating

But it does not feel like a girl is writing the diary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You're kidding right?

I man knows where his wife's diaries are? Hell, he would have read them BEFORE he got married just to make sure he wasn't marrying a lunatic. And your POV telling this made for a difficult read. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Past times

We both loved this story and look forward to reading further episodes. My wife say it reminded her of some aspects of her youth. Love it.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 6 years ago
Not bad for a diary, but...

But, I'll bet you could take some of these entries and make a heck of a good story. As it is I have to go along with swingerjoe's comment--heart wrenching, but not a story at this time. BTW, if you feel you can't handle the creative writing bit, don't let it stop you from continuing publishing the diaries.

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 6 years ago
The Diaries

I may be reading to much into the story. I am thinking if they were on a shelf not locked away, you were meant to read them at the right time. Maybe to understand more in depth of that person you shared a life with. We all of things we don't tell our loves or loved ones for reasons. I don't keep a diary, but I do have things written and stored away. Hope to read more about them but won't be disappointed if not.

ubonakubonakover 5 years ago
More, please!

I do hope you write more from the diaries. Are you sure you wpn't include some of the earlier entries? It would be really interesting to read how her first thoughts and experiences about sex developed.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Another fool finds that the wife was a whore.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJayBerry@JayBerry
I'm an old guy. I've been through a lot and I am proud to say I lived through it all and even grew from the experience. I mostly write about my past. I don't consider it to be fiction - but some of this stuff goes back 50 years or more and so it might be the tale is an inco...