All Comments on 'Shifting Gears'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
ag2507ag2507about 6 years ago
Hmmm!

It took me a little longer than usual to get into this one. The tension wasn't there until they got to Vegas, it was showing the symptoms of a serial fuckfest. Thankfully it perked up after you introduced some story.

AxelottoAxelottoabout 6 years ago
Not that a serial fuckfest would have been a bad thing

But I liked that you filled in the down time with a great story as well.

5 stars as far as I'm concerned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

God, you're redundant. I see you're cheating again with your programs, giving yourself a high score in every category. Unfuckingbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice sequel

I had almost forgotten about the original. I really enjoyed the sequel.

chip812chip812about 6 years ago
Good story.

I find your writing to be very entertaining and I check three or four times a day looking for new ones. "Shifting Sand(s)" would make a good title, but might not be right for a 'conclusion'. Feel free to use it though. I also like "Down Shifting". Personally, I would like him to meet Ben and possibly merge those story lines (for a few stories at least). Ben would be a good father figure for him.

Anyway, keep on writing and don't pay any attention to the haters.

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 6 years ago

Another damned good tale from you.Love your work and love reading new stuff from you.Please keep up the good work.

JDDRIVERJDDRIVERabout 6 years ago

Would have really liked Kyle to end up with Fiona. Maybe another chapter?

TiahrTiahrabout 6 years ago
Another great one!

I always enjoy when your name pops up in my feed. Eagerly awaiting more stories of Kyle, Jack, Ben, Stanley, et, al.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Marevelous story

Another fantastic story! You are my favorite author here. Your characterization is superb; each person in your stories stands out vividly. I love that your protagonists are good people but less than perfect; each have their own issues to struggle with and try and grow from. Thank you so much for sharing your stories with us!

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 6 years ago
Outstanding story

Great characters in a well told story. I can't wait for the final chapter. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
very good

never like Cam the moment he came into the story.

Kyle x Fiona ftw!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
THE END THANK GOODNESS!

Damn it! I wasted the whole afternoon and evening reading about this Kyle Fuck!?

Fuck Kyle And fuck his father and fuck these hi society bitches!

He probably was a mooch Kato type boy toy anyways. He needs to get fucked and turned out and suck his own cock!

This story is fucked up and too long .

.. for some reason I couldnt stop reading. Fuck me!!!!

Ok, it is written pretty good I am just pissed @ MYSELF! I spent so much time reading a sophisticated interpersonal romance novel ,,, definately a chick story. PAGE AFTER PAGE AFTER PAGE, Something kept me reading this damn girly drama Harlequin Type Romance BS when I really just wanted some quick couple pages of jackoff porn with sick nasty poly situations where the main character gets fuckd and used , abused ect.......

It is written good and is a page turner and has class ,,, oh puke!

ReaderReaderficReaderReaderficabout 6 years ago
omg

I've never read a story that fucked with my feelings so much Jesus first I was like yay Fiona then I was like yay charlize then I was like yay Monique and then like no why Monique and finally like yay charlize dam this was great but like a previous comment I agree and don't like cam I do hope he finds the one in the next section please hurry

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderabout 6 years ago
5 stars

OK, First off this, "THE END THANK GOODNESS!" was the best Anon comment I have ever read. I laughed my ass off.

As for the next chapter, can we at least get a hint as to what the kid wants to do with his life?

Lovin this series by the way.:)

WitchfanWitchfanabout 6 years ago
Voting for Kyle with Fiona

I am sure the author has a story planned out for Kyle, but i agree with the other comments. These two could work out great. The trip to England shouldnt take long, the mom and crazy dauther isnt what he needs. Cam turned out to be problem prone. Two years in france? Go for it, spend some time cycling and be the boyfriend of the hotel magnate, come back to the americas and be a husband. Who helps provide a good dicking to the two lesbians if we must keep somehow with the poly stuff. Drop Marion and Monique as the sad excuse of a human being that they are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

i felt that although well written and you kept it moving, you didnt keep it moving enough. my expectations were he'd have a lot of fun with fionas group and head out and visit with some of the other couples/singles in the states finding himself. maybe ending in canada thinking about how vegas ended with fiona and try to meet her in paris. if the next one is the finale then i agree with the previous comment to have some fun in england and get to paris if thats what you were intending. or get him back with the lovely bike guides too. im kinda surprised he didnt get with Viv anyway,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I don’t know why, but the Chloe character reminds me of the pornstar Chloe Camilla in a bdsm scene. Recommend watching her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Best So Far

I have really enjoyed all your stories and think you get better with each one. The "Shifting..." series is superb. I didn't want them to end so am hoping there will be another part coming. Thank you.

brownmobbrownmobabout 6 years ago
keep going please

a refreshingly honest character, please keep this story going, so many possibilities

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsabout 6 years ago
Forgot to comment ... oops

So I liked the story. Voted, giving it 5 stars. I'm really enjoying the character that is Kyle. He is just as unsure about himself as the next person. I like that. I both liked and didn't like the introduction of Cam. I liked that he came in and took Fiona to make her happy. I didn't like the idolizing of his father and then how he treated Kyle instantly because of the difference of opinion. It was a bit to the extreme in my opinion. Who knew Monique was going to be so devious? Talk about a mercenary. I wonder how she is going to react to her husband's public declaration of their divorce, and if that might play in the future in Kyle's story.

I'm actually hoping that while Kyle is in Paris, he helps Fiona grow as a person separate from her parents. One where she can fix things up with Cam, if that is what she wants, considering the spark that we were lead to believe was there. Being a good friend sometimes means thinking with your heart and head, rather than your dick, ha-ha. Another trip to Paris allows for the exploration of things with Dita and/or possibly Vivian.

Anyway, I hope to see where you take this troupe. You're a wonderful writer, characterization and development is well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story, but.....

I have somewhat liked this story, since your first installment and I really have liked your writing style on most every other story you've written. However, the more shallow nature of the characters in this story, the less than assertive main character and a lack of anything resembling a significant relationship development with him, isn't my cup of tea.

However, having said that, it's not meant to reflect badly upon your writing at all and I really appreciate your efforts! Looking forward to more Ben Shepherd adventures and a new installment of Satyr Play.

kinkyleo7274kinkyleo7274about 6 years ago
Another great sequel

Great story as always. You have a way to tell a vivid story with lots of characters that are believable. I agree with many on the comments about Cam. Don't care for his character and hope he does not end up in the finale. But I'm hoping he ends up with the two tour guides. He is favoring the simple quiet country life and I don't see the other women providing that for him. Looking for to the next chapter.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 6 years ago
Superb story!

A favorite author does it again with this extremely well crafted follow-up tale! As always, it just whets my appetite for more from you!!!

AnyMooseAnyMooseabout 6 years ago
More Kyle!

Looking forward to Part 3; both a cross country trip and the holidays in England!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great Storytelling

Good pacing and fleshing out the characters a little. There were enough twists to keep it intriguing.

One comment:. A little more copy editing is recommended. You kept switching back and forth with Fiona's husband's name, and in this story, originally Charlize and Chloe were on the pill when they were coupling in the tent, so getting condoms at the end was a bit jarring. Very small, but the story was sooo good I hated to see it diminished by the small stuff..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Number 3 is needed.

Great series I have enjoyed both, there is most definitely a need for a third story.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 6 years ago
Excellent!

We need a #3, please? You're just too damn good and you know it.

Cam sucks. He needs to be gone. Fiona is too good to settle for him. You do need to flesh out the "Texas subplot", however.

Too many really bad women in this story, it's disproportionate to reality. As a reader, it makes me really fear each new woman he meets, and that's not healthy.

Oh, more sex, please? He's pleasing the women and he's left hanging, all too often. In the Shepherd series the women were waking him up in delightful ways, you've dropped that technique here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I was disappointed.

I'm really finding it hard to believe, but I really didn't like the story and I gave up half the way through.

BurntRedstone is one of my top 5 favorite authors, and I've always appreciated his flawed larger than life characters. But I really didn't like any of the main characters, which for me equals death. I found the characters to be more like shallow teenagers, not adults. Nor did I like much of the subject matter....I am not a fan of swinging and swapping. Hey, lots of people are, and those who are, please follow your bliss.

I get it, Kyle and the others are trying to find themselves, feel for their boundaries, and reshape their wrecked or empty lives. Instead of intrepid, they are a a rather shallow bunch.

I liked Part 1 but i gave up on this one.

I've refrained from voting until I can swing back around and read the whole thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I Saw Improvement

I agree with some of the other comments. I didn't like the first half of this installment. But it got better.

"He had a bond of friendship with Fiona but they were from such different backgrounds. He disagreed with her current decision but he wasn't about to dictate how she should lead her life when he couldn't figure out his own."

This revelation should help Kyle begin the positive half of his road to discovery and healing.

One thing that I'm not able to reconcile is the inclusion of Monique at Fiona's farewell dinner. But maybe I should apply the above quote to myself and not judge the choices of others.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story arc

This felt like that difficult middle story of a trilogy. Lots of angles and new revelations. Great elements, a change of heart, a betrayal and a great setup for the next segment.

Thank you for writing such great stories for us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story of self reflection

I appreciate the time and effort you put into this story, and all of your stories. The self-awareness your characters express is deeply inspiring at times. I always look forward to reading every new story you write. Reading all of the comments my fellow readers have placed below, I'd like to simply say keep true to your way of doing things. Your style of storytelling with character and story development as the center while also providing satisfying erotic content is always in exceptionally good taste.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Absolutely loving this story. Can't wait for the next chapter! Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

As with some of your other stories I hope your able to give your readers at least one more chapter.

OmniferisOmniferisabout 5 years ago
more please

please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Incredible

I love your stories. Thank you for writing and putting so much into them.

dceverdceverabout 5 years ago
Condoms?

He did Chloe and Charlize in the tent without condoms. Why does he need them now? Great story as always. 5 Stars.

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
Remarkable Storytelling

Another great story as always. I can't wait for the next part. You have an amazing talent for writing.

oldtwitoldtwitalmost 5 years ago
What a follow up

What a follow up....

Just as good well thought out , paced and full of great detail.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

OmniferisOmniferisalmost 5 years ago
part 3?

When is the third part coming? I really like this story

bowlerhatbowlerhatover 4 years ago
Part 3

I have to agree with Omniferis

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Waiting for more

Love this story. Hope to read more!

Arc2456Arc2456over 4 years ago
More please

Great story so far. I hope you will get to part three soon!

beardedbandit62beardedbandit62over 4 years ago
Great

Great story. Easy to follow along with. Looking forward to the next chapters.

lonecatALlonecatALover 4 years ago
Looking Forward to Next Chapter

Really enjoy many of your story lines and eagerly await continuing chapters in the lives of Ben, Jack, Satyr or Kyle...

desertratazdesertratazabout 4 years ago

Part 3 Christmas in England coming soon?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Please. Chapter 3 and his trip to England.

travaynetravayneabout 4 years ago
Yes, please: Chapter 3

I have enjoyed the Kyle MacDenny tale almost as much as the Ed Walters and Ben Shepherd stories. I can only imagine what fun a Kyle story might be that was set in London, Paris and Montreal. Helen and Skye! Maybe Dita too. Whoo hoo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Bad friends

A lot of the problems Kyle has stem from Fiona being a terrible friend. How she went off with Cam after he punched Kyle was especially messed up. She just met that dude and when he punched the friend she came there with she leaves with him? That is seriously messed up. Then she still wants to be with that dude after he kills his father? Seriously? That is a massively toxic friend and I didn't even begin to get into how she treated him around her other friends. Ditch her, quick.

ScooterbearScooterbearalmost 4 years ago
Waiting for more

Enjoying this and waiting for more on Kyle.

Covert43Covert43almost 4 years ago
Love

I’m hoping that Fiona and Kyle will fall in love, enough of this friends with benefits crap, where’s the love? I needs the love

hectarehectarealmost 4 years ago
Part 3?

Hey where's part 3 where Kyle picks up the pieces of the company that Cam's Daddy bought and turns it into a unicorn and exits for >$1B then says adios to Fiona and goes sailing off on his 150' yacht with an Italian Contessa who's never known true love but can blast downhill on her bike as fast as him?

Ironman52Ironman52almost 4 years ago

Loved it. Especially how this hero made mistakes and recovered.

Add this to the queue of stories from BR. I am hoping he ends up with Phoebe here but Fiona's good too. The man needs to fall in love but it needs to be someone with Integrity like his.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 4 years ago
More Kyle!

I'm excited to read Kyle's next adventures - I do hope he finds love and I think when they both are apart from each other he and Fiona will find each other. But there is always Dita... :)

DoctimeDoctimealmost 4 years ago

Once again, 5*’s. An extremely interesting story with entertaining sex combined with moral integrity, Truly a rare trifecta. Anxious for #3.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Where is the next part

Where's next part

Edhawk64Edhawk64about 3 years ago

Great story. Kyle doesn’t appear to be as big physically as a couple of your other main characters (Jack and Ben) but his strength, personality and character shone through in your writing.

A third story for Kyle would be brilliant, but whatever happens this has been an absolute pleasure to read, again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

5*s is not enough. This is such a superbly written story with such strong characters and plot line that it is very hard to put down.

AngusMAngusMalmost 3 years ago

What another corker. i cannot wait for the next part. HURY HURRY HURRY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story, I’m looking forward to a further instalment at some point, I’m also hoping that he’ll find his relationship gold at the end of the rainbow he’s travelling.

lovedefactolovedefactoalmost 3 years ago

I hope you get to finish this story. Thanks

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

I stopped reading when Cam Dawson entered the story, you lost me there...

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

I came back to the story but I instantly disliked that character... After finishing the story I believe that's vindicated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Incredible...just read this for the first time. And I'm so glad to see, from your blog post, that a new Kyle story is in the works!!

Congrats on getting through your writer's block. I'm a composer by training, and I've been through that many times...my approach was to get creative in another way (in my case, usually drawing or painting) to get the creative juices flowing, and it moved on from there after a time. My longest run of this was 6 months long! You did great to navigate this so quickly.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Another great story. Very happy Monique got her comeuppance. Glad he is going to see Fiona again in France. Also very happy to read that could be apart of the next chapter?!?! Again, thank-you for your writing talent. I so much enjoy your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please let Marion and Kyle happen

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
As usual

a splendid and satisfying story.

Thank you sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You continue to show great knowledge about motorcycles and the perceptions held by many of the rich and famous. As you stated near the end about integrity. Kyle's behaviour was the perfect example of that truly rare type of man in the world we live in. On to the next story. Sincere thanks for this thought provoking store. K

cleareyedguycleareyedguyover 2 years ago

One comment/criticism: to my mind, way too much preparation and back story. It’s fine to wait on the sex, but it’s not so fine to wait on conflict. Backstory is boring.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 2 years ago

What I wouldn’t give to live a day in the life of Kyle. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed reading the story. The characters were well drawn out, and the plot was entertaining and interesting enough to keep me reading to see what happened next. There was conflict and resolution, and lots and lots of pleasure. It was a lot more than just "let's see how many women I can fuck." (Now I need to go back and find the 1st story in the series.)

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

gave this a 5 mostly for the first story involving the bike tour. this seemed to be just sex on top of more sex with some emotional thoughts "lightly" spaced thru ought. Kind of too long for all the inner turmoil but still a great story and I am looking forward to the third part

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Find it amusing how Kyle worries about whether he's a "man whore" (yes) but never stops thinking with his dick the entire time. He's such a slut and yet he looks down on Marion because he has an "emotional connection" or is sharing "intimacy" with the women which is a load of BS. He doesn't know how Marion's sexual relationships go but he judges her anyway while still fucking any woman who is hot and gives him a good line.

Overall it is too long and overly focused on the sex even for an erotic coupling story.

FseriesFseriesabout 2 years ago

Nope. The girls knew what kind of a place the biker bar was and they’d had issues there before? They shouldn’t have gone. Duh. And then once they pulled that nonconsensual event in the tent, he should have left them behind.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICalmost 2 years ago

Another awesome story. Thank you for taking the time effort to incorporate and describe recognizable people, places and things, etc., in your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The 'self analysis' was helpful as Kyle's life while married mirrored my own. Thank you for an interesting and helpful story. P

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

A big disappointment. Should have stopped with the original bike tour story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How do you come up with these story lines. Very addictive, page turners. Keep em coming.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Unfortunately, this great written story, just telling the real life's truth and events ...... In the end everyone is searching for kind of luck or happiness, and lies are a social standard to generate to imput the greed is offering ...... "Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies ....." And for sure, this sentence is of the 80's a famous song, lying is nothing we developed in the last century ...... Its more kind natural for humans and through the new media in the Internet, it all becomes new dimensions ....... So in the end, fabulous story with extraordinary twists and a cosy end

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another great read! The first "Kyle" saga almost left me wanting a bicycling vacation, until I remembered I can't use my legs like that anymore! LOL! This storyline was also enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the trip to England next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Are yoh from Vancouver? Did i ever chat with you?

I grew up in Metro Van, was a cyclist as a teen, switched to a motorbike for transportation, and when a 6-year relationship collapsed, got rid of everything i couldn't get in saddlebags then went south ... then east.

Also, in Vancouver, aka "Hollywood North", its pretty common to see celebs, and the lical population pretty much letsvtgem just go about their business without bothering them ...

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

Frequently awkward and uncomfortable, not nearly as interesting and fun as the first one. Kyle finds out there are major downsides to being a slut.

jkthekatjkthekatabout 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoying your writing- lessons to be learned from your offerings

jack

mykothymykothy12 months ago

I like the texture of this story, the twists and turns taken throughout, are well worth the read.

PurplefizzPurplefizz9 months ago

Tbh whilst I enjoyed the story, the really big takeaway from this chapter is that our Author really doesn’t like the greater L.A. Area or a certain type of person that’s found there, it’s a buyers market for moral compasses or so I hear…

katzkinkatzkin8 months ago

Not my favorite grouping for stories, and yet I feel the need to once again congratulate this fine author! I'm very much looking forward to reading the next part of this enthralling trilogy!

Thank you Sir,

Katzkin

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Excellent story and from the best Author at Literotica, SECOND to NONE! Thanks BRS, you're the Best! Another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A roller coaster ride of emotions. Probably Chloe's place could use a bit of fixing up also. (Even though the girls are on a tighter budget.) The uncertainty of purpose as allof his recent relationships makes him feel like a rudderless boat, even if the illusion is 'Freedom'. (May he live in interesting times?)

His struggle with the yin/yang of his parents influence also gives him an identity crises. Yet he is not cynical or disillusioned as hope and the support of real friends and physical exercise is therapy.

I didn't think Canadians would be so stressed or complexed, eh? (story seems a bit like 'Pilgrim's Progress')

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories