Sholan Alliance - AU Bk. 03 Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vangie decided there had been enough seriousness and lightly elbowed Kingie in the side. "So maybe I do need to drag you along. You can work out some of your emotions watching some pitiful schmuck lose control when threatened? From what I understand he is a paper pusher for the military, not a real warrior at all." Just for good measure he winked at him. "Never know, you might get approval from Crystal for protecting another innocent young female."

Kingie was swallowing another drink when Vangie spoke and he started choking on the sip. He glared at Vangie and elbowed him back. "You are a pain in the tail sometimes. Crystal might get the wrong idea if I go beating up boys that are hitting on your daughter. Besides I know Signey and she might come across as innocent but you haven't had to listen to her and Crystal talking. Innocent my tail, besides I have a good idea that she is leading the male in question on." He checked his claws as well just for good measure.

He sighed and leaned a bit more into Satasha. "Thanks for listening. I was really worried about your reaction to my confusion." He gave Kingie and Billy an open look. "Both of your approval matters to me because I have a great deal of respect for you." He looked at Satasha. "Part of that is you refusal to hide what the two of you felt for each other."

Satasha grinned at him. "Awww, such a nice young male, can we keep him Yilly?" Just for good measure she scratched under his chin to tease him.

That got a hiss from him and a snort from Billy. "Tasha no poaching on family, that is just wrong." They started laughing and turned the conversation back to Vangie's issue.

~~~

They talked a while longer before Kingie left. He was still confused though he felt better since he hadn't gotten any disapproval from those he looked up to. By the time he arrived back at his parent's house it was late and the lights were out. Since he needed a few more minutes to clear his head he silently walked in and grabbed a drink before going back outside. He settled down in one of the seats out front and leaned back and took a sip.

He had been out there for a short time when he sensed a presence coming out from the house. He smiled slightly as he recognized the soft footsteps. "Evening Crystal, sorry I am later than expected. How was your evening?" When she came over he held his arms out to her and once she sat down urged her closer.

Crystal settled down and curled up in his lap and rested her head on his shoulder. "I understand Kingie. Yilly called so I wouldn't worry. It was a nice evening for the most part." She curled one arm around his neck. "It is going to sound strange but though they are nice I have trouble connecting with them." She rubbed her face on his chest again. "Their world is filled with the next upcoming band, new fashions, what celebrity is hot, and it is so shallow. I feel", she waved a hand around as she tried to define what she was feeling, "older even though I am their age. I know that most of that is because of what happened. My childhood was taken away and how do I explain that? I could try to tell them about what happened but what would that do for me or them?"

She snitched his drink and took a sip before handing it back. "To ruin their innocents would be wrong and wouldn't do anything for me. I might have problems and issues but that would be very wrong of me. I might not like the choices my mother has made but she did teach me right from wrong." Crystal looked up at him and stroked his cheek with her other hand. "What is bothering you Kingie? You have been feeling sort of off balance for the last week or so."

Kingie looked down at her and met her eyes as he listened to her talking and mentally cringed. This was so not the conversation he wanted at the moment. "That was nice of him for calling. I should have but I was distracted. I do understand what you are saying about having trouble connecting. I feel that now that I have been a warrior for several years." He leaned into her hand and closed his eyes and sighed. Her hand was warm and felt good as she stroked his cheek. When she snitched his drink he grinned at her.

"You are a good person Crystal and you are right that it wouldn't have done anything for you or them. They didn't do anything wrong or have anything to do with what happened to you." He took the drink back and tried to use it to pretend he had forgotten the question she had asked but it didn't work.

Crystal tightened her fingers in the fur of his cheek and gave him a slight jiggle. "You are avoiding the question Kingie. What is bothering you? I have been living with you and sleeping next to you for months. I know that something is bothering you now fess up."

Kingie sighed and opened his eyes and looked down at her. He lifted one hand to her cheek and cupped her cheek as well. "Yes I have been troubled by something but I didn't want to bother you." How much to tell her. He didn't want to lie to her since if he did when she found out it would cause a great deal of harm. Then again it might help her confidence that she was still attractive and worth caring for. He sighed and leaned back again. "Before I say anything please just listen okay?"

Crystal looked up at him and evaluated his expression and gave him a nod. "Kingie I know that you would never do anything to hurt me. Not intentionally that is. Just tell me and we will go from there." She started stroking his cheek again.

He sighed and leaned into her touch and closed his eyes again. "Please don't be concerned that I would do anything you didn't want but... I am starting to care for you as something other than as a sister. I have never met someone who has suffered so much yet is fighting so hard. You might be an unofficial mascot for the warriors that helped rescue you but you have come to mean a great deal to me."

Crystal was looking up at him as he spoke and could tell that he truly didn't want to talk about it. Her hand kept stroking his cheek before sitting up more on his lap and pressed both hands to his face. "Thank you Kingie, thank you for being honest with me. You have no idea how much hearing you say that means to me." Her hands were trembling slightly as she leaned forward and gave him a gentle kiss. "I don't know what or where this will end up going but I have loved you almost from the beginning. At first it was simply an anchor to cling to." She kept stroking his face.

"I can't really say why I fixated on you when I did but I guess I saw something that first day. As you cared for me and let me cling to you it slowly changed. You comforted me, didn't find me repulsive for what happened and was always gentle with me. By the time we arrived here I knew that I was falling for you. I didn't say anything since I was scared of your reaction. I was also scared that I was falling for you simply because you helped save me."

She took his drink and took another sip before putting it down on the table next to the chair. She started stroking his cheek again. "I know I gave the therapist and medical authorization to talk to you but there were a few things I asked them to hold back from you. I needed to talk to them without involving you. You didn't need to deal with my confusion about what I was feeling and why. It has taken a good amount of therapy and help from the medical telepath. I think that we finally got me to the point where I think I have a handle on my feelings about you. I do love you Kingie and not just because you were there for me. That might have started it but it has grown into something different." Crystal gave him another gentle kiss.

His eyes had been still closed when she shifted and kissed him and they popped open and stared at her. For half a moment he almost panicked till she started talking. The more he listened to what she said the more he relaxed till she mentioned she had requested the therapist hold some information back. "Stinker, I thought certain issues had been touched on rather lightly." He growled slightly at her and then sighed. "I hate to admit it but I did much the same. I could feel myself starting to fall for you and I was scared that I might do something to set your treatment back." He leaned into the second kiss lightly.

When he told her he had done much the same she punched him. "And you are calling me names, you rat." She started giggling though before relaxing back into his arms and became more serious. "I love sleeping next to you and being in your arms but I don't know when we might do something more."

Kingie leaned forward and lightly kissed her again. "We will figure this out with the help of our therapists. I do think you are a very beautiful young woman Crystal. I told you that you would find someone who would be able to look past what happened to you. That he would see the real you, now I don't know about you but I am tired and going to bed." Just to be silly he stood up with her in his arms.

That was something she hadn't been expecting and shrieked before clapping a hand over her mouth. "You are a brute and trying to wake your house up." She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned against his chest.

When he walked into the house they found Amahs leaning against the door to her room. Her ears were pricked forward and her tail lightly swishing. "I was wondering who was screaming. Seems you two are having fun. I think I will just go back to bed." She turned and walked back into her room and her tail was showing definite amusement.

Kingie growled at her for her teasing but chose to ignore her. "I am so going to get her in the morning." Once inside he settled Crystal on the bed as he stripped his tabard off and stretched and yawned. "This is one tired kitty." He rolled into bed and curled around her and licked one ear and was quickly asleep.

~~~

The ship was slowly approaching the boundary of the system it was getting ready to scan. The scan was cut short when they detected a hyper signature as a ship jumped from n-space to h-space. They immediately went to silent running and cut the power back to the absolute minimum. All the data from the scan was processed and came back as boarder line identifiable. It had similarities to the drive signature from when they encountered the enemy fighter.

"Captain, I finally have the results, or as best possible. The jump was far enough away that some of the data is questionable. Back at the base ship we can use the mainframe for far more sophisticated results." The tech scrolled through the notes. "We are also picking up some very faint traces of high tech energy sources. They appear to be in the asteroid belt but from here we can't refine the data any more. Orders sir?"

The Captain tapped his claws against the arm of his chair as he considered his options. His orders were to find the enemy or others. That they had done though it had been completely by accident. "We don't know the type or range of their sensors but based on the data we have we are going to assume they are somewhat shorter than ours. Total emcom keep our n-space speed down to .2c till we start picking up any sort of scans. At that point kill all forward speed and notify me. You have the bridge."

The male walked to his cabin and after a shot of spirits he rolled into bed and was quickly asleep. The watch would wake him when it was time.

~~~

The scout ship pulled out of the system two days later after a good sensor sweep. This obviously wasn't a main outpost but they had detected a number of signatures of potential light combat craft. Once they had drifted far enough out of the system they had slipped into hyper space and headed back towards their command ship.

The entire time they were heading back he had the tech doing everything he could to tear the data apart. When they arrived back at the command ship he wanted all the data possible. "How much time till we arrive?"

The male at navigation glanced at his monitor before answering. "At the current speed approximately a week and three days to the edge of the system. The message can be broadcast from there."

"If you can shave time off go for it but safely. They need the information and it is our duty to get it to the General." The small crew nodded and turned back to their jobs. This was going to get all of them a commendation and hopefully some time with the drones.

~~~

When the scout ship arrived at the system they immediately transmitted the information they had gathered. By the time they arrived at the carrier it looked like someone had kicked a ratha burrow. Males were scattering everywhere, preparing ships, loading ammo, double checking everything. They knew the General had been selected specifically by the Emperor for this mission. If he succeeded then they would as well and it would advance their position in the Empire and their families.

The next morning all was prepared and ready for the mission. All ships except the courier were being tasked with the mission. The last thing the General wanted was for any ships to escape and alert wherever they had come from. The plans were detailed but allowed flexibility. Based on the sensor readings the majority of the ships were light combatants with either supply ships or light carriers in support.

"General on the bridge." The current OIC called and stood up from the command chair so the General could sit down. He took up his position next to the General. "All ships are showing ready and waiting on your orders General."

The General settled in the chair and activated the comm.. "All ships engage. As instructed we will pause outside the hyper limit to assemble and then proceed to the attack. Keep me informed of all potential problems. If not reported the priests will be asking questions." The ships activated their N-space engines and headed towards the system edge before activating their H-drives.

~~~

When Billy woke up the next morning he was grinning and had a very evil glint in his eyes. "Oh my, I figured out a way to help Vangie and make both a subtle point as well as a blatant point." Since he was lying on his back he started cackling and doing what could best be described as a warped happy dance.

Satasha had seen it before and covered her eyes. "I am not going to ask you overgrown child. That hyper active brain of yours can work up some truly evil solutions to your problems." She rolled out of bed and jerked on a tabard as she was walking out to the lounge.

He could hear her muttering at Dani and Z'Marl. "Dani you might want to hide. Your father has lost it and I am getting ready to call the medics to give him a happy shot." He could feel her concerned amusement since she was thinking of the three students he had punished.

Dani stared at her and hurried over to the entrance to the bedroom and looked at her father in horror. "Oh god Z'Marl we might want to find somewhere else to sleep for a few days. I know that tone of insane gibbering and it bodes ill for someone."

Billy snickered at her tone as he sat up. His eyes fell on the small wooden boxes that the three of them had been ignoring. With a sigh he finally picked the one up with his name on it and opened it. Inside was a dark blue velvet which was cradling a necklace. The dangle on the necklace was made up of three sterling silver strips that cradled a sparkling blue-white crystal. The silver was twisted in a spiral and where the crystal was supported the silver was indented to cradle it. When turned the right way the crystal seemed to have a blue fire in the center.

"Ladies would you come here please?" Billy had pulled the necklace out and was holding it in his hand. When they came in he showed them the necklace and handed the box with their name over to them. "I am going to study the data crystal in the box but I am beginning to feel there is something connecting us together. If you wish to read it as well I will copy it to the comm. for your review."

~~~

When Crystal woke the next morning Kingie had already left though he did leave a note. It was informing her that he had headed to the consulate for his daily routine. She had expected as much but it was a nice touch. Shortly after she woke and read the note Amahs came in after knocking. She was looking rather nervous. "Crystal can I please talk to you?" She looked at her and the distress was obvious. "I had been paying very close attention to what has and hasn't been said and I am upset and confused."

Crystal sat up and gave her a questioning look before holding her arms open to see if Amahs wanted a hug. "Come here Amahs and I will tell you what I can. Some I will not tell you and if I say that you will respect my boundaries." When Amahs came over Crystal settled her in her lap and gave her a good hug. "Simply ask me about what is bothering you. I think I have a pretty good idea but before I speak I want to know your questions."

Amahs leaned into the hug and curled her tail around so it was on her lap and held it. "What happened to you Crystal? How did you get the scars? I understand there are going to be some things you don't want to talk about." She made a slight face. "It will probably drive me nuts wanting to know but I will do my best not to push."

Crystal stroked her back as she organized her thoughts. "A ship I was on was captured by pirates. To the best of my knowledge only six of us survived and were kept alive on the pirate's ship. I don't really know how long we were held on board but they had fun abusing us mentally and physically. I am not going to discuss that at all." She gave Amahs a hard look when she said that. "Anyways the pirates detected another ship and attempted to board."

She couldn't help but grin. "That was a huge mistake since it was Yilly's ship with a compliment of warriors including Kingie and Vangie. They took names and kicked ass. Billy was there as well and discovered one of his nieces was aboard ship as well. Long story short somewhere in my mind something told me that Kingie was safe and would protect me." She blushed and looked away for a moment. "I latched onto him and held on for dear life. He knows everything that happened to me and didn't even blink. He held me, comforted me, and encouraged me to get past what was done." Crystal smiled at Amahs. "Because of that and more I love your brother deeply."

~~~

He slowly came awake and looked up at the ceiling and sighed. This must be hell then since waking up to another cell was not his idea of heaven. Right about then the heavy metal door clanged open. "Get up dog and follow me."

He sat up and looked at who was talking and it was the guard who had told him he would see him in hell. As he was staring his hands went to his neck and found a rope around it. When he looked it was the noose they had used earlier. "What? Why am I alive? Am I alive?"

The guard gave him a coarse laugh. "Dog you are dead and your death certificate says so. You were declared dead yesterday upon your execution. Since you are dead nobody is going to come looking for scum like you." He gave him an evil smile before screaming at him. "I gave you a fucking order dog. If you don't obey each and every order you will suffer pain. The more you fight the more pain you will feel. Since this is a new concept for you I will go nicely for the next thirty seconds."