Silver Arrow Ch. 20-22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She sat in her wheelchair silently for a few moments before pulling out her cell phone and pressing in a number.

"Mr. Waltham, Mrs. Adam Calder suggested I call you about learning to drive a hand-controlled van. Are you able to take me on as a student?"

There was a pause before Rose began writing down some information and acknowledging it over the phone. She thanked the man and ended the call.

"Okay, so now I'm signed up for driving lessons starting this weekend. I'll have to arrange the lessons around the time we are on the road, but he's agreeable to that."

"Good for you, Rose. This is the beginning of your new freedom," I smiled. "I suggest you and I go out to dinner on Friday evening to celebrate."

"Just you and me?" she asked suspiciously.

"Yeah. Just you and me. When was the last time you were out on a date?"

"A date? That's what this would be?"

"Yes, of course. I'm a guy and you're a girl and I'm asking you out on a dinner date on Friday night," I said with more confidence than I felt.

"I don't know ... I mean ... I don't know when the last time I was out on a date. Are you sure about this, Doug?"

"Of course I am. You are a good friend, an attractive woman, and I haven't been out on a date in almost a year. I think we are both overdue."

"Almost a year?" she said with a doubting expression. "What about Christie Wilson?"

"Well, okay then, maybe not quite a year ... but it's been a while and I'm feeling it's time. Don't worry, I'm pretty much housebroken and harmless," I grinned wolfishly.

"Harmless, huh. I wonder. Okay ... Friday night. What time and where?"

"I'll pick you up at your place at six thirty. I know a nice place that we can go in Old Sacramento. I hope you like Italian."

For the first time she smiled. "Italian is fine. To tell the truth, I'll eat almost anything."

"You'd never know it by that lovely figure of yours," I said without thinking.

"Hours and hours in the exercise room," she explained, clearly pleased at the compliment.

"Well it's definitely paid off," I said, meaning it.

To Be Continued