All Comments on 'Sisters Ch. 02: Security'

by nageren

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Penny's story

After reading this chapter, I went back to re-read chapter 10 of A Strange Arrangement (SPOILER ALERT). So as turns out, Penny wasn’t a virgin after all. And that makes Penny’s story more plausible, albeit even more tragic than it already was. It never made sense to me that Penny would want to remain a virgin until marriage, but it totally makes sense now that we know she was a victim of sexual abuse.

Poor Penny! Victim of incest, lost two children (one of them a miscarriage), suffered mental illness, and (if I’m reading this chapter correctly) she realized that Andrew, the one really good thing in her life, no longer loved her. She lost her childhood, her children, her sanity, her “prince”, and in the end her life. In Sisters we are told clearly that her overdose was an accident, but I think there was more than enough to believe she could have deliberately committed suicide.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 8 years ago
Excellent

There is nothing to add to this chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
oh god

this is hurting so much, but i can't stop.

my first lvoer had been abused by her brother for years. i was too young and naive to understand. she is still a survivor, but i regret not laying hands on him the one time we met.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 7 years ago
Everything makes sense...

...except for the part where Hannah wanted to sleep with Andrew to take him down a peg. Don't understand that.

She already found out he was true to penny and Isa wasn't his lover.

Oh, Hannah is a screwed up and violent individual.

Is it wrong that I still wish she would be punished for wounding was like she did? lol.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My bad, my confusion.

I forgot that Isa also cleaned houses in addition to teaching.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernageren@nageren
1071 Followers
I try to write realistically- describing believable people in plausible situations. None of the characters is "me," but many of them represent aspects of my personality and history. My hope is that, as you get to know my characters, you will find yourself thinking-...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES