Sisters Ch. 02: Security

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nageren
nageren
1,070 Followers

"Oh. Well, thank you... I guess," Hannah said, uncomfortable with everything about their conversation.

"Will you stick around, at least for dinner?" he asked the sisters, his eyes moving back and forth from one to the other.

"Oh, I don't know," Hannah began, but was interrupted by a hand on Andrew's shoulder.

"Hey man, we're taking off, but seriously - Saturday lunch at our place. I will come and get you if you don't... Holy Sh-..."

Everyone looked at the speaker, who was staring at Hannah.

After restraining her own surprise, Hannah chuckled. "I was right," she said. "The beard really suits you, Ernst."

An exceedingly awkward silence ensued. Hannah smiled at Ernst, who stared in disbelief back at her. Andrew connected the dots and whistled in amazement. Donna looked from one person to another in clear confusion, and the auburn-haired woman with her arm linked to Ernst's looked suspiciously at the threateningly sexy blonde who was smiling at her husband.

Hannah sized up the situation and said, "Actually, I was just leaving," to no one in particular. And no one broke the silence with a response. Walking over to Donna, she reached into the young woman's coat pocket and pulled out a phone. After quickly entering a number, she slipped it back into Donna's pocket, put her mouth to her sister's ear, and said, "Go ahead and call. I promise... I'll answer." Then she walked briskly to her car, head held high, coat wrapped tight.

*******

Hannah,

Happy birthday big sister! I hope you're happy. I'm happy sometimes. I have Andrew, and I wish you would come meet him. He's my hero, my prince. He's the only reason I'm holding things together (but maybe I'm not really - haha!). Whenever I'm with him, I feel safe and at home. You should try it sometime. Maybe you already have. I wish I knew. I imagine you happy and safe, because I can't bear to think of anything else for you. You have to be happy Hannah, please. You can't let the monster win. Find somewhere, someone that can be a home and really really make it work. All it takes is one person to love you, that's what home is.

And come find me and let me know, because if I can't hold on, I need you to be the one that gets it right. You were always the stronger one, anyway. I wish I was strong like you.

Much Love,

Penny

The writing was barely legible, and Hannah wept as she read it. She read it over and over, sitting in her car at the first gas station near the cemetery, weeping until the words were blurry and her hands shook. As the sun set and lights flickered on in the houses scattered over a small ridge in the distance, Hannah pulled out her phone and dialed a number she had never intended to memorize. After a few rings, a quiet, soft voice answered, "Hello?"

Hannah winced, then held her eyes shut as she spoke. "Hello, Wes? This is Hannah. Can we... can I come see you?"

*******

nageren
nageren
1,070 Followers