Sisters, Friends, and Lovers

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I started to rise in response to the cries. I wanted to go and sooth my girlfriend, to make her feel better, to be her source of love and peace, not discord and angst.

Dave put his hand on my arm. "Steve. Sit down. Right now is not the time to be a gallant knight in that room." He'd read my mood perfectly.

I said with sadness and a choked up voice, "Oh, I'm so sorry to hear her cry, and this is all on me. I wish I could do something to make it better for her. Should I leave? Would it be better if I vanished?"

I heard Fran's voice screaming some epithet at her sister, but resisted responding to that too. I felt bad because I had triggered off this sibling rivalry, and I was the pivot point for all the animosity the sisters now felt about each other and about me. What a rotten triangle I'd inadvertently created.

I shook my head and kept repeating things like, "I'm so sorry I created this situation. I had no idea ... they don't look alike. Heck, their last names are different too."

Dave explained, "They came with Jean and me from prior marriages. Allison is the child Jean and I had together. We never bothered to change the kids last names, maybe we should have, to avoid situations like tonight."

I looked at Dave, and asked, "What do you think I should do?"

Dave stood and stretched. I could see his thoughtful approach to the situation. He said, "I think you should stay here, for now. Let me see what's going on with the women. I'll be back. Fix yourself another drink ... and drink it." He left the room and headed for the kitchen.

I sat and tried to think logically about the crazy situation. I had another Jack Daniels.

After five minutes or so, Dave came back in the den. He studied me a moment and asked, "What would you have done if Sheila hadn't been here tonight?"

I blanched at the question, and truthfully answered, "I guess enjoyed a nice dinner with you, Jean, and Alison, and then headed back to the city."

Dave squinted at me and said, "And what would have happened next Tuesday night?"

I saw the direction of his questions; at least I thought I did.

"I would have driven Sheila out here to have dinner with you both." I paused and tried to visualize what arriving at the same house with the same set of parents would be like. "I would have gone into panic mode when I realized I was back at the same house. I think things would have started to unravel pretty quickly after that. I might have confessed to Sheila in the driveway, or perhaps after we got inside, that I'd been at the house with Fran three nights earlier."

Dave saw what I'd just figured out, "So the situation would have come about one way or the other?"

"I don't see how it couldn't. Sooner or later I would have figured out the relationship and connection of both of them. Tonight. Next Tuesday. A week later. It would have been inevitable."

Dave paced in front of his mahogany desk, "And how would you have hoped things would have resolved?"

I gave a thoughtful response, "Well, things would then be out in the open, as they are now. I wouldn't have kept my secret from them. I would still want to date both Sheila and Fran. I like them a lot, and I mean they both make my heart beat fast, make me want to be their protector and white knight, and I see a long-term relationship forming with each. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to say other than I really like each of them a lot."

Dave thought for another minute. I could tell he was also attuned to noises from the kitchen side of the house. Finally, he said, "Come and let's face this situation head on. There's no other way, except for you to leave, and I don't think you or my daughters want that."

Dave's statement warmed my heart slightly, however, I still wasn't sure how things would turn out that night. The only alternative to leaving I could see was what the Japanese call 'seppuku' - a samurai ritual where one died with honor by falling on one's own sword. I wondered if a kitchen knife would do.

Dave led me to the kitchen. The four women in the kitchen looked like an inquisition. They were quiet, however, both Fran and Sheila had knotted pieces of Kleenex in their hands, obviously wet from their tears.

Jean smiled at me, a move that helped me overcome some of my fear. I read into that displayed emotion some hope that things might turn out on the positive side in some way. I also observed that no one had a weapon.

Dave held sway again. "Ladies, Steve and I agree that the situation that materialized here tonight was inevitable; if not tonight, then next Tuesday, or sometime soon thereafter when the pieces came together. Steve indicated he would have honestly faced things with each of you then, as he is prepared to do tonight."

I nodded in agreement, and looked cautiously at Fran and Sheila. I noted they were sitting next to each other, but their body language had them miles apart. Sheila was turned towards her mother, and Fran towards Allison.

Dave continued, "Steve, say again your answer to my question about how you would hope things would end tonight."

Instead of continuing to stand, I pulled the last vacant chair from the kitchen table and sat so I could be opposite Sheila and Fran, and look them in the eyes. As I did that I started my appeal, "I like both of you - a lot. I told your Dad earlier that I couldn't choose between you - I don't want to because I like you both. You each make my heart beat faster in romantic ways. It's not that you're the same; to the contrary, you are both such different people, yet you both complement me in some unique way when I am with you."

I could see Sheila start to soften. I went on, "I can't say whom I would choose in the future, but I can say that for now I want to continue our relationships and the way things have been progressing in our friendships and romances. I'd hate for that to end with either of you, but I understand if after tonight either or both of you never want to see me again. I just hope that won't be the case. You must understand how sorry I am that this happened, and that I brought each of you pain. I care about each of you, and I would never want to bring sorrow to either of you."

I noticed Fran give a shake of her head to indicate that she did want to continue. Sheila then joined in. They both continued to look severe and tight-lipped.

I made a large leap in my thinking and in what one idea for resolution might be. "Maybe from here on out, we date as a threesome - at least part of the time. Other times, maybe it's just two of us - me with one of you. Maybe the activity of the date determines that. Fran you like sports and going to games, whereas Sheila you prefer intellectual lectures or music. I like all of those, so I take one to one kind of event, and the other to other kinds of events. For a trip to beach, maybe we all go."

Jean had moved to the kitchen range to stir a pot of some kind. Afterwards, she stood with her husband leaning against the counter off to my left. I could see them both nodding in agreement with some of my logic and suggestions. I think the sisters saw that too.

I went on, "We now have an open relationship. If something is going to happen, we shouldn't hide it from the other, otherwise you'll lose trust in each other and in my relationship with you, and I don't want that to happen. I feel that I didn't hide anything from either of you. I didn't broadcast that I had other dates, but I hinted at it when one or the other of you wanted to do something on another night when I'd already booked a date."

To my surprise Allison interjected, "What happens in your dating scheme when something unplanned occurs, or when some of your plans fall apart?"

I nodded at her to thank her for raising the point. "We aren't going to be perfect at this. We're going to need to be tolerant of our mistakes in this arrangement. I promise you that I will not be doing anything out of hurt, malice or anger at either of you; anything I try to do will be done from a position of ... caring for each of you. I'm not perfect, and my actions won't be."

Fran said in a soft voice, "I'm not perfect either. I hope you two can be tolerant of my errors, and often my selfish nature. I can be petty and narcissistic at times."

Sheila weakly said, "Me too."

I smiled slightly feeling there might be hope for a future life. "I want you to know that I am not on an ego trip trying to date the two of you. I'll want you to beat that out of me from time to time if I start to behave that way. We need help to find a path that can make all of us happy with what is emerging from this crazy situation."

A buzzer went off on the kitchen range.

Jean announced, "Well, that sound means dinner is ready. It seems like we're all talking constructively, and that things are headed in a positive direction. What say we eat?"

* * * * *

I drove Fran and Sheila back to the city after a long dinner. Sheila had apparently taken the train to Dillon from the city earlier in the afternoon. The table conversation gradually became lighter as the night went on, until we were all laughing and comfortably poking fun at each other in some ways.

I was on guard and on my best behavior with Sheila and Fran, and of course with Dave, Jean, and Allison. I bonded with the rest of my dates' family, and I think I left a good impression, despite the very awkward start to the evening.

As I turned off the Interstate for the last part of the journey into the neighborhood where the three of us had separate apartments, Fran, who was sitting in the back seat asked, "Steve, how were you hoping tonight would end?"

"What a question to ask a guy? How do you think I'd want it to end with someone as nice as you?"

She said, "You say it."

I muttered two words in embarrassment, "Home plate." I wondered if she'd understand the sports analogy to our romantic entanglement.

Fran said, "So you would have wanted me to stay overnight with you?"

I nodded, and for emphasis said tentatively, "Honestly, yes ... but, I wouldn't push that now, and I certainly wouldn't ask you to do anything that you didn't think was right or that you didn't want to do. I would hope you'd want the intimacy as much as I did. I need to think about your sister too; we can't operate independently of her can we?"

Sheila had turned sideways in her seat so she could see the two of us in this discussion. Not to be denied, she said, "And what about our Tuesday night date? How would you have hoped that would end?"

I sighed and hoped I again wasn't sinking myself with the sisters. "The same way I just described to Fran. We've had a comfortable progression of intimacy and flirting with each other, so sometime soon, if not Tuesday, or next week or the week after, I would hope, we can enjoy the ultimate in mutual connection - again taking into account that there are three of us in this relationship."

Sheila and Fran exchanged some kind of nonverbal communication. I caught a few hand gestures partly behind my back by each of them but didn't see enough to interpret them.

As I made the last turn onto Fran's street and came to a stop in front of her apartment building, she said, "Don't stop here. We're all going to your apartment - all three of us." Fran leaned over from the back seat and kissed me. She said, "I should have said something earlier, but we know you're a good guy, and your heart is in the right place about the two of us."

I mumbled something in reply about caring for her and her whole family.

Sheila leaned over to me and also kissed my cheek. "I agree with my sister. I'm sorry for reacting the way I did. I created some false fantasy about you and me, and when you showed up with Fran it blew everything apart. I'm OK now, especially since you were dating Fran and not someone else."

"I'm sorry, but I guess I've already said that a hundred times tonight."

Sheila said, "Don't be. I liked my fantasies ... and maybe they'll still come true some day, maybe even one or two of them tonight."

Fran said, "We talked at the house, and we also talked tonight without mom around. We have ... errr ... a proposition for you."

I sensed some monumental decisions were about to drop in my lap before I even reached the corner to head back to my apartment.

Sheila continued Fran's train of thought; "We'd like to be with you tonight - the two of us."

After a suitable silence, I said, "You're kidding right. You're tormenting me for having dated the two of you - sisters - by accident." Even as I said it, I heard the sincerity in their voices, and it made me wonder.

Fran amplified, "Nope, we mean it. We want to prove it. We'll stay overnight ... with you ... in your bed ... the two of us."

"Whoa! Are you sure?" I think my head spun around on my shoulders a half dozen times like the crazy girl inThe Exorcist as I looked between the two sisters. Had they just mutually agreed to come to my apartment and to my bed for a night of sex? Did I dare think that far into the rest of the evening? Maybe instead of sex they planned to castrate me.

I scolded myself for being presumptuous. I thought that more likely they wanted to talk about the crazy arrangement we seemed to be forming between the three of us. I vowed to remain realistic in my expectations and subdue the 'horny man' that I knew lived inside of me all the time.

Sheila removed my doubts in a husky tone, "We've both dated you for months. Wemore thanlike you, and we want to spend all our time with you. We think we can stand each other, and further we think we can get over the hurdle of sharing the same guy - you. We've both wanted to make love with you ... and, well, tonight's the night."

I said in disbelief, "So we're having a threesome?"

Fran said softly, "Yes."

I blurted out, "But that's OK with both of you?"

Sheila laughed, "Probably. Only time will tell, but we want to try. For the near future, you've got two 'hot' women who like you and want to be with you ... and be in your bed. We're every guy's wildest wet dream."

I couldn't believe this was happening, but both women assured me they were sincere. I was speechless. Given the mood swings of the past couple of hours, I couldn't believe what was happening in my life. I started to memorize every word and even the locations where the conversations took place.

Sheila made a request. "Stop by my place so I can run in for five minutes and get a few things until tomorrow. You know, girlie stuff. Maybe I'll even bring along a sexy nightie." She turned back to Fran, "You want anything special."

Fran said, "Good idea. You decide, but I won't need a nightie because I don't plan on wearing much of anything after we get in Steve's bedroom." She laughed at her last statement.

* * * * *

After finding a parking space a block from my apartment, the three of us walked. I asked, "Why didn't the two of you share an apartment?"

Fran held my hand, "At the time I was looking, Sheila had a steady boyfriend who spent a lot of time at her place. As you've seen, neither of us has much room, so I decided to not impinge on her situation. Of course, right after I moved in, she broke up with the guy."

I understood the situation. I had a one-bedroom partly furnished apartment that faced one of the city's parks. I'd added a few pieces of furniture, but otherwise, I think most of the furnishings came from IKEA. At least things were neat, and the place had a modern look to it.

Once we got inside, I offered drinks to the two of them. Ultimately, I made hot tea for three. The two of them sat on the sofa. As I puttered in the kitchen I could hear some rapid whispering between the two of them. I felt like a mouse paralyzed between two hungry cats. The bile of fear rose in my gut as it had since I realized the two were sisters, and now I had the extra bite that something greater than I could imagine was about to happen.

When I went to serve, the girls separated and motioned for me to sit between them. I did with some caution about what would follow.

After an awkward silence, Sheila said, "Tomorrow is Sunday, and you and I were going to drive up the coast a bit and prowl for antiques and just be together. What do you propose now that this new situation is upon us?"

I felt put on the spot. "Well, I suggest that Fran join us, and we learn how to have this funny kind of date together. After our threesome date we should then critique what each of us felt when we get home at the end of the day."

Fran smiled and said, "Ooooh, I like your idea of critiquing our dates. More than that, I like the broader idea of open communication before and after we get together. Something like that'll keep all our expectations in check."

Sheila nodded in agreement as she sipped the tea from the mug I'd given her. After she put her cup down she asked, "What if I want to kiss you or make out with you while we're on a triple date - like right now?"

She had me squirming on that question. "Well, if we've agreed that that behavior is acceptable with the third person - your sister - then I guess it would be all right, but the reverse situation might happen too."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if Sheila and I make out for a while somewhere, maybe Fran and I do too only a couple of minutes later, or maybe immediately afterward."

Fran asked, "And what if you and I get really into it like we were on Wednesday when we were naked you were suckling my breasts, fingering me, giving me head, and we brought each other off? By the way, I really enjoyed myself."

I looked at Sheila to see how she took the news about her sister and my behavior three nights earlier. She didn't seem at all upset, maybe because we'd been in the same situation the evening before I did what I did with Fran.

I said, "Well, the same rules apply. Reciprocity, or maybe we negotiate something if that kind of behavior is embarrassing to the one of you not participating." I could feel the sweat breaking out on my forehead. I'd never talked about sex so openly with one person while another participated in the discussion.

Sheila said, "What if there was someone else - another girl with us?"

I spoke cautiously, "Same rules probably, but definitely some up front negotiation or agreement about behavior. Same thing if one of you wanted to bring a guy into our mix in some way."

Sheila and Fran nodded in agreement. I could see that I'd anticipated their next question.

I had just set my mug back on the coffee table when Sheila pulled me into a kiss. I turned towards her so I could embrace her better. The kiss turned into a significant French kiss where our tongues dueled in the open air between our faces when we weren't smashing our lips together. The kiss was so hot I checked for fire around us when we broke apart.

I think I gasped out an almost silent 'Wow' as I adjust my position again.

I'd barely gotten my head into that kiss when Fran turned my body and repeated the kiss with me with the same results. This time I thought the nails in my shoes might have melted from the heat of the kiss.

I sat back and Sheila again engaged me, this time taking one of my hands and placing it atop one of her covered breasts. She whispered to me, "Take my top off. Make love to my tits like you did a few nights ago."

I wasn't too sure about where things were going, but after glancing at Fran I did Sheila's bidding, casting aside her colored top and then her bra as I bared her chest. I then moved in and sucked on each of her luscious breasts bringing the nipples to a high state of readiness. Sheila moaned in happiness as she cradled my head near her chest.

I kept checking beside me to see if Fran was about to kill me or not. At this point I wasn't sure I should turn my back on either one of them. Maybe they were in collusion to do me in. Fran just nodded encouragingly in my direction, as though I should keep doing what I'd been doing to her sister. I did, until Sheila starting panting with sexual excitement. Eventually, Sheila pulled me up into another kiss, and then whispered to me, "Do Fran. Take her top off too. Make love to her tits."