Sisters of the Mists Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"This sounds promising," Ebonar responded with dark mirth in his voice.

"Indeed. We will remind Camilla of her place, forge a weapon that will be a thorn in Danica's side, and gain yet another tool in the complicated dance with Meckataur." Zoraster swept his robe in a grand gesture as he turned. "Come, my protegee, allow me to explain the sweet irony of this exquisite punishment."

Ebonar followed his Master from the room, leaving the unconscious Camilla unaware that her fate walked with them.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Danica sat the second wand down, satisfied with her work. The strain of casting the preparatory enchantments in her tired state convinced her not to attempt the final enchantment today. Looking at the intricately carved wands with their rose colored crystal tips, Danica knew Marlena would love them.

Celes flipped through the designs for the girls' toys, which Danica had also finished during breaks while working on the wands. She paused with surprise when she saw one of them. "Good heavens, Danica. Is this a toy, or a weapon?" She turned the drawing toward Danica.

Danica smiled and let out a tired chuckle. "That one is for Damika. Zoraster made her as a toy for that man with the monstrous cock."

"The one that nearly killed you?" Celes asked, remembering that event from early in Zoraster's indoctrination of Danica.

Danica nodded and continued, "She'd barely notice anything smaller. Of all of them, she has the least chance of living a normal life. The way Zoraster modified her body, it will be nearly impossible for her."

"Maybe we can find some way to fix it," Celes suggested.

"I hope so," Danica concurred.

"Are you going to try to enchant those wands tonight?"

Danica shook her head in the negative. "I'm too tired, and it's getting late. I'd never finish them before whatever Edna has planned for us tonight."

"I don't think it's Edna's idea, actually, but you're right."

"And you're right too," Edna said to Celes. She walked in the room and continued, "It's almost time. The girls are getting dressed."

"Do we need to do anything special?" Danica asked.

"No, all you need to do is be there. There will be magic tonight, but none of us will be working it." Turning back toward the door, Edna added, "We'll all meet in front of the manor. I'll know where to go from there. Odds are, so will you."

As Edna vanished from the doorway, Danica turned to Celes and asked, "Do you feel a pull to be outside?"

Celes nodded. "Andrea and I talked about it. We assumed it had something to do with our powers, but if you're feeling it too..."

"I wonder if we'll have time to ask Marlena," Danica said as she stood up. "That would be the real test. You don't get any more urban than Marlena. We may as well get going."

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Kazz'akel winced as the Demon Lord's voice thundered in his mind, Where are the Fey?

They do not enter reverie as usual, mighty Meckataur. While their minds are conscious, taking the three without alerting the others will be nearly impossible.

Failure will not be tolerated. I will have the untouched female Fey I require, or your torment will exceed that of any mortal. You will bring them before the time of power, by whatever means necessary.

It will be done, Master. As Meckataur's voice faded from his mind, Kazz'akel turned to the others and announced, "If they do not rest, we take them."

The other two demons drooled in anticipation, their bloodlust overwhelming the sense of self-preservation. Kazz'akel, more intelligent than the other two put together, knew that even Fey lacking magic could do them great harm.

He was not immune to the hunger of his fellow demons, however, and could almost taste the blood of the elves on his forked tongue as well.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Edna walked out herding the girls, who talked excitedly. One by one, the clones ceased talking as they stepped out into the moonlit night. Standing in the grass awaiting them, Celes and Danica shared a surprised glance upon witnessing the scene. When they turned to Andrea and Ashley, they noticed their thoughts were not unique.

The girls moved into a circular group, looking around with serene, awe-filled expressions. Edna walked past the clones toward the rest of the women, smiling beatifically.

"Okay, what is that all about?" Celes asked.

Edna chuckled. "I told you they have a place in this night. I know you've all felt a calling, and they do too. Now that they stand beneath the moon, even their short attention spans can't ignore that calling." Edna turned her face toward the moon and closed her eyes for a moment. When she opened them, she declared, "It's time. Come."

Edna walked to the west, and the entire group of women followed. Danica glanced back and noticed that the girls were following without prompting, walking silently in a tight group. Shaking her head in amazement as she looked forward once more, Danica noticed that they were walking toward a small stand of trees. Having visited nearly every corner of the valley, Danica knew that the center of the woodlet had a spring-fed pool housed in a clearing. Somehow, she knew that was where they were bound.

Edna confirmed Danica's guess when she instructed everyone to gather around the pool and join hands in a semicircle. The moon peeked over the edge of the canopy above as soon as all their hands were joined. They all heard the giggling at the same time.

Danica knew she should feel threatened, considering she had just heard strange voices coming from the undergrowth ahead. Contrary to that natural reaction, she instead felt peaceful.

"Hello," Edna greeted the unseen visitors.

"Hello," responded a voice that sounded familiar to Danica. Three distinctive giggles followed the word.

Danica's eyes widened when the three nymphs stepped out of the undergrowth. "Xanica?"

The redheaded nymph giggled and nodded her head. Now that she was fully grown, Danica noticed something distinctive about the nymph, beyond her red hair. Xanica's sister nymphs were archetypical of their kind, willowy with subdued, attractive curves. Xanica, on the other hand, had Danica's hefty bosom and hips, giving her more of an hourglass shape.

"You know them?" Edna asked, her tone revealing that the question was largely academic.

"The Mistress says these are from you," Xanica effervesced, touching her hair, breasts, and hips.

"The Mistress sent us because we have shared," Xara added.

"The Mistress likes you," Xaqua giggled.

"Yes," Danica answered Edna's question, her face filling with color. Feeling eyes upon her, Danica turned toward Celes and saw the woman smiling coyly at her.

Celes tightened her lips and turned back toward the nymphs with laughter in her eyes.

"You're here to prepare us for something, aren't you?" Edna asked.

All three nymphs nodded. "Come. Sit," Xanica instructed. She sat down on the edge of the pool, dangling her legs in the pool at the center of the clearing. Her sister nymphs did the same simultaneously.

The clones broke from the circle of hands first, moving toward the pool without even the slightest hesitation. Each kicked their shoes off as they moved forward. Edna moved next, leaving three witches and two redheaded magic users feeling quite self-conscious.

Danica noticed that they all stepped forward in perfect synchronization, on the same foot. A few steps later, everyone's legs dangled in the pool as the moon edged over the clearing.

The three nymphs kicked their legs slowly in the water once everyone else sat down next to the pool. The nature entities softly sang a song in words none around the pool recognized – yet somehow they all knew them as well. The language brought to mind the sound of the wind through the trees, the bubbling of water over rocky stream beds, and golden sunlight. The surface of the pool turned luminescent from the light of the moon above, the glow steadily increasing as the volume of the singing nymphs increased.

Xanica's deeper voice provided an earthy counterpoint to the falsetto of the other two nymphs. The music resonated within the women surrounding the pool, and they joined in the joyful song. Above the surface of the pool, faint rainbow patterns of dancing light appeared. These slowly coalesced until they were recognizable as man-shaped.

One by one, Danica, Marlena, and the three newly joined witches ceased to sing. The images above the pool were now recognizable, and the women were simply too choked up to continue. The still rainbow-colored images were transparent, but were unmistakably the women's mothers.

The nymphs, Edna, and the clones finished the song, and Danica's mother immediately moved toward her daughter. "I'm so proud of you, Danica."

"M-mom?" Danica questioned, her voice faltering and tears filling her eyes.

Marlena's mother moved toward her daughter as well. "You've grown into such a beautiful woman, Marlena."

For the first time this night, Edna looked surprised. The three witch's mothers moved forward to greet their daughters, who were better prepared for the visitation after experiencing it before. Ashley's mother turned toward Edna and smiled. "Thank you so much for taking such good care of my daughter. She's become a beautiful, intelligent woman of purpose. I can see your confusion. Don't worry, everything will be answered in just a moment."

All of the spirits standing upon the water of the pool turned toward the nymphs, who stood, pulled their legs from the water, and turned toward the woods behind them. Two women in gossamer gowns parted the undergrowth and stepped into the clearing before the nymphs.

Danica felt her breath catch. Not only was she looking at her mother, but now she knew she sat in the presence of divinity as well. The overwhelming sense of awe infusing her from the two women revealed their true nature, despite their common appearance. The one appeared to be an elf, albeit one even more exotic and alien than typical for the race. The other woman possessed a curvy, motherly figure and a plain beauty that was striking in its simplicity.

The two deities – Gaeaye the Earth Mother and the Mistress of the nymphs – turned toward each other and smiled. Though only the nymphs truly understood the significance of the action, everyone around the pool somehow recognized how momentous the occasion was when the two divine beings joined hands.

The mother of the Fey smiled in a disarming, shy way. To see such an obviously powerful being display such emotion proved profound to those who watched. The same sort of serene, bashful expression decorated the face of the Earth Mother. Around the pool, the women relaxed as a sense of calm washed over them.

"My name is Cele'drial," the elven woman announced. "I have not yet had the opportunity to do so, but I would like to welcome you all to my valley." Turning toward Gaeyae, Cele'drial added, "Our valley."

Birds erupted in song when the Earth Mother acknowledged Cele'drial's statement with a squeeze of the elven deity's hand. The nymphs immediately rushed forward to wrap their arms around Gaeyae, even as birds swooped down from the trees to perch on Cele'drial's shoulders.

Gaeyae spoke next. "Edna will be able to explain much to all of you. Some she already knew, while she will now understand much of that hidden from her until this moment. For now, our time is short. Fate has placed you all at the tipping point of an ancient conflict, one which began long before even this world was born. We have gifts for each of you, to aid you in what is to come."

Celes' mother turned toward the divine visitors, receiving a nod in response to her unspoken question. She cupped her hands before her, and mists rose up from the pool to swirl in her hands. Smiling, she walked across the surface of the pool with regal grace toward her daughter. "My dear Celes, your gift will complement your powers. Through the power of the mists surrounding this vale, you will be able to move about this world like the wind. Wherever you are needed, you will be there." She reached out, presenting the faintly glowing sphere of swirling mists to Celes.

Celes reached forward, feeling warmth emanating from the sphere in her mother's hands. When she touched it, the mist glowed brighter for a moment before appearing to vanish into Celes' hands. She opened her mouth to ask a question, but her mother cut her off before she could speak.

"You will know."

Celes' mother stepped back, and Ashley's mother moved toward her daughter, bearing a sphere of the magical mists as well. "Your powers shape time to your will. Your gift will show you how time shapes the world and events around you."

Ashley reached forward to accept her gift, as Celes had before her.

Andrea's mother moved forward next. "Andrea, your gift is from the Earth Mother, if you will accept it."

Gaeyae smiled at the blonde witch. "I can feel the caring in your heart, not just for those around you, but for all you encounter – be they man or beast. The power to nurture and heal will be yours, if you will serve this world in love."

Tears rolled down Andrea's cheeks. "I will, Blessed Mother."

"Then I welcome you, my blessed child," Gaeyae responded.

Andrea's mother cupped her hands, and they shined with light the color of new leaves. When she opened them, she held an amber amulet depicting a tree. Andrea accepted the amulet from her mother, immediately sliding it around her neck.

Marlena's mother moved forward next. "My beloved Marlena, you have dreamed of your gift." She held her hands before her, and the artifact Marlena used to enhance her powers appeared within the upturned palms. Mists swirled around the item, and when they faded, they revealed the now smaller artifact in the form of a necklace.

Marlena accepted the amulet, feeling not only the familiar power of the artifact, but also something more. She knew that with this gift, her dreams – and her illusions – could become reality.

Danica's mother stepped forward. "I'm not good at all this magic, but you know that, my dear." She cupped her hands in front of her, and adopted an almost surprised expression when the mists gathered between them. "Your gift will protect those you love from the powers of darkness."

Reaching out, Danica touched the swirling sphere and its power sank into her hands.

Cele'drial spoke next. "All of you are gifted by the magic of this night, but some of your gifts cannot yet be revealed."

"We have a final gift for you – one as unprecedented as the magic of this night, and this gathering of destiny. It is born of the greatest power in all of creation," Gaeyae smiled beatifically, "Love."

The five women standing on the pool stepped toward their daughters once more. When they set foot on dry land, their forms shimmered and appeared solid. The appearance proved true when each woman wrapped their daughters in an embrace.

Danica sobbed with joy, feeling her mother's arms around her. "I miss you so much, Mom. I love you so much."

Around the pool, the other women shared equally tearful moments.

Danica's mother stepped back from the embrace, wiping tears from her own eyes. "I have to return. Know that I watch over you, always. Keep an eye on your sister, brother, and your father. I'm well, and happy. You have a great destiny ahead of you, Danica, and I know you'll just keep making me proud."

Turning back to the two deities on the other side of the pool, Danica's mother said, "Thank you for this opportunity."

Both of the all-powerful beings nodded and smiled.

Ten sets of clasped hands refused to let go, mothers and daughters unwilling to part. At last, the older women released their daughter's hands, and stepped back onto the surface of the pool, becoming transparent specters once more.

"The world moves. Use your gifts to bring hope to this world, and all of creation," Cele'drial said, stepping back into the undergrowth. The nymphs and Gaeyae walked into the foliage with her.

Everyone turned toward Edna when the visitors vanished from sight, hearing her gasp.

"A premonition?" Ashley asked.

"The elves – the demons from the desert are attacking them," Edna answered.

"They're about to get more than they bargained for," Danica declared with confidence and determination.

"Mother was right, I do know," Celes said with a smile. She turned and spread her arms wide. Swirling mists formed a cloud in front of her outstretched hands. "Let's go send some demons back to the hells where they belong."

Edna waved toward the misty portal. "I'll get the girls back safely in the manor. Go."

The four friends moved to stand with Celes, and then they all stepped into the magical doorway.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

C'seka felt the importance of this night, the signs burning in his blood. Summoning his new pawn, the demon stepped into the Hellgate portal.

Opening his mind, C'seka utilized his power to seek out the Fey, without knowing why he did so. While the reasons eluded the demon, he knew the action was appropriate. The power of this time called to him.

Silently commanding his pawn to shift the focus of the portal, C'seka growled in satisfaction, seeing the elven females gathered for an ancient ritual. On this night, their wombs would warm. After this ceremony, they would be able to bear children. Their thoughts echoed in C'seka's head.

Moving toward the portal, the demon prepared to seize his destiny.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

The hunchbacked demon screamed again, as much in frustrated pain as in attack. Despite the elves' lack of magic, their arrows burned like acid, and they survived the attacks of the three demons with remarkable tenacity. The elves cowered from Y'cryl's attack, many holding their ears. The did not, however, fall as they should.

The hiss of Las'byam's deadly light beam cut through the night, felling yet another of the Fey. The frustrating creature refused to die, and even attempted to rise to attack again. Las'byam glanced at the Korplenz demon nearby, finding the creature deep in concentration.

Kazz'akel exerted his mental strength on the three chosen females, steadily eroding their ability to resist. Fey arrows deflected harmlessly off the sphere of telekinetic force surrounding the demon, the deadly missiles of no more concern than an insect. The Korplenz demon's jowls quivered with laughter when the first female broke. Her collapse sapped the will of the others, and Kazz'akel's power gained new purchase in their minds.

One after the other, only seconds later, the females collapsed. With their will broken, Kazz'akel required only minimal concentration to keep them incapacitated. Opening his pig-like eyes, the demon saw the Banreez abandon long range attacks in favor of its poison claws. The demon's first attack drew blood, and sent an elf to the ground with a gaping wound. Encouraged by the display, the Prizart swept in on its leathery wings to attack with physical strength as well.

Though lacking in intelligence, the two demons obeyed orders well – at least those originating from their hellish Master, Meckataur. The hellspawn concentrated their efforts on driving the elves away from the hut where the three untouched Fey lay slumped on the floor. As soon as a clear enough path emerged, Kazz'akel would teleport in front of the hut and secure the females. If the elves realized the goal, they would give their kindred the peace of death rather than allow them to fall in demon hands.

Tensing the muscles beneath his deceptive layer of flab, Kazz'akel prepared to teleport. The elves moved to high ground, attempting to gain an advantage over the two vicious demons wreaking havoc amongst them. The path cleared, and soon he would obtain Meckataur's sacrifices.

A gurgling growl of angry surprise bubbled from the Korplenz demon's fat lips. It sensed new minds in the area – familiar minds.