Six Degrees Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We looked, sir," said Myron, "but it appears that the standard procedure was for any woman known to be pregnant to be sent to the Asylum, as a 'medical' facility, yadda yadda yadda. Though there are no records for it, I heard a rumor a while back that any woman at State Women's Prison who was found to be pregnant and in the early or even middle stages of her term... would have her food drugged and she would wake up having had an unrequested abortion. Those that were too far along... were sent to the Asylum."

I did not need much time nor energy to see what was going on with this. I thanked Myron and Mary, admonished them to tell no one of what they'd learned, and that I would have to handle it with 'extreme' discretion... and caution.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dr. Laura Fredricson had meetings to attend. First the Department Heads meeting with Dr. Wellman, who had overcome his anger at her about that little confrontation with the Iron Crowbar. Then a Psychology Department meeting that was pretty perfunctory.

Once back in her office, she went through her School-related emails. Then she hooked up her secure computer and checked her 'Company' emails. She worked through them, knowing that her assistant Gayle Roberts also had gone through them, and would've alerted her to anything big. What surprised her most is what she did NOT see... anything from Casey B. Walker nor anyone else with any fallout over 'Operation Beekeeper'.

*BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!*

She picked up her phone and answered. It was her FBI counterpart, the DepDirector. He asked her to come by his office as soon as possible...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Country Breakfast Diner was full of patrons, mostly older and retired folks. The younger business crowd normally ate earlier in the morning. I found that the great majority of these patrons wanted to shake my hand as I weaved through them towards the back. Knowing the value of acting like a politician running for something, I shook all the hands, said nice things to everyone, and did all the niceties required of me.

I finally made it to the back of the room. Chief Griswold and John Colby, the restaurant's owner, were at that table, finishing up their breakfasts and chatting about who knows what. As I approached them, they hailed me and asked me to sit with them.

"Where's your lovely wife, Chief?" I asked as I sat down.

"She's with that group of Presbyterian Women down in Florida." growled the Chief. "They think this great weather is too cold for them." John Colby grinned and I chuckled.

"I like it cold, too." I said.

"You two are rugged outdoorsmen." said Colby. "Just like me. Nothing like getting up in the morning and getting out on the farm on a Winter's day."

After a couple more minutes of chit-chat, I said "I'm sorry, Mr. Colby, but I have to take this Police Chief away from you. I need to get some advice from him, and the perps won't wait."

"I don't believe it." said Colby with mock shock. "The Iron Crowbar getting advice?"

"And thank God I have the best possible source in Chief Griswold, here." I replied.

"This young man is not only smart, he's wise." said Griswold, who was not-so-secretly pleased at the compliments. "He knows he's not so damn good that he can't ask for help from time to time."

"That's true." said Colby. "We're just so used to him figuring out solutions before we even know what the problem is,. It's a surprise to find out he's a human being."

"Oh, I am that." I said. "And I've got a lot to learn, still. That's why I like working for great Police Chiefs like this man and like Chief Moynahan. Can't tell you how much Chief Griswold here helped me up my game when I first came here."

After a few more minutes, Chief Griswold and I left, again weaving through the crowd of well-wishers. We drove back by the Station, where I parked and then got into Chief Griswold's Ford F-150 truck. I used my bug-detector, finding no bugs.

I explained the situation with Linda Farris and the adoptions. "So Chief, how do I get an investigation of this started, without someone realizing I've peeked into adoption records without a warrant?"

"The first thing that comes to my mind," said Griswold as we drove around the south bypass, ultimately towards his house, "is to get with SBI Inspector Britt Maxwell. You've been legitimately investigating Farris, as has the SBI, and you can show her what's public about the records. She can then do an inspection, and very likely can get a warrant for any adoption records as part of that."

"Sounds okay," I said, "but my two objections are that it would alert the prison people, and possibly others, to what's going on; and also... I think Inspector Maxwell's Office of Ethics & Review is more riddled with moles and spies than the American Embassy in Moscow."

"So you think your Consultant of Crime is involved?" asked Griswold as we pulled into his driveway from Reservoir Road. I saw the '2461' on his mailbox as we pulled in, and wondered why I was noticing that.

"Uh, yes, yes I do." I replied, getting my train of thought back on the tracks. "Less than six degrees of separation on this one." As we went around his house to the fishing deck, the wind was whipping up a bit and the skies were turning cloudy.

I continued as we sat down on the chairs, bundled up against the cold and wind. "Think about this, Chief: a couple wanting to adopt a newborn baby would pay what, a hundred thousand dollars? More? Just ten of those and you're into the millions. Now imagine someone arranging for women prisoners giving birth to have those babies taken and illegally sold. The new parents file for the adoption somewhere else, with a ready-made story to get the paperwork done. The birth mother is in prison and will very likely be unable to ever find out what happened to her child, even if she wanted to. Damn lucrative business, Chief."

"Yes, and right up your Moriarty's alley." said Griswold. "So, is there anyone else in the SBI that you trust at all?"

"Not really." I said. "Ted Orosco, maybe. But the problem is this: in the FBI, Jack Muscone and his team can plan and execute an investigation or operation, and they'd be able to block other FBI teams from knowing what they're doing, to an extent at least, if that is what they wanted. The SBI has no such barriers. One Agent starts an investigation into anything, and just about any other agent can get the details of it. The SBI leaks like a sieve, and Jack Lewis has always wanted it that way."

"Harrumph, that bastard." said Griswold. "Don, I can't tell you how many times I've asked Governor Jared to run again, because Sean Stockton is an Establishment Republican pussy who is beholden to the interests of wealthy donors, Big Business, and pro-Amnesty Elitists. Lewis is going to crush Stockton, and then we will have the most corrupt political leadership in the history of this State, and there have been some doozies in the past."

"Yeah, I know." I said.

Chief Griswold was thinking, twirling the edges of his handlebar mustaches. Finally, he said "You know, Crowbar, there might be another way. I think you're right about there being too many moles in the SBI's Office of Ethics & Review. But Frank Soltis from Midtown is relatively new there, and they might not be watching him as hard as others. You might very quietly ask Molly Evans to talk to Frank, and she can ask him to talk to Inspector Maxwell, being careful to not be overheard or be in a place that might be bugged."

"Now that's an idea." I said.

"So, Crowbar," said the old Chief with a twinkle in his eyes, "you would've thought of things like this ten times over in ten seconds flat. You don't need my advice on it. So why the visit?"

"No, seriously, Chief," I said, "I wanted to hear your ideas. I do admit I wanted to talk to you, catch up on things, see how you're doing. Hope you don't object to that..."

"Naw, I'm always glad to see you, Crowbar." Griswold said. "By the way, how's Cindy taking her father's death?... I guess her stepfather..."

"She was shocked because it was unexpected." I said. "But I think she's doing okay. I told her to stay up there for several days. She and her mother can re-connect. She and her dad, her Canadian dad, talked and made amends on things over Christmas. I think she's going to be very glad that she was able to do that."

"Good." said Griswold. "So, I just have one more riddle for you to solve, Crowbar."

"What's that, sir?" I asked.

"How are you going to keep that corrupt son of a whore Jack Lewis from becoming the next Governor of this State?"

"I don't know, Chief... I don't know." I said. "If I could do that, I could run for God..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Well," said the DepDirector, "I guess we've heard from Casey B. Walker... sort of."

"Yeah." said Laura, acerbically. She was looking at the email that had been sent to the DepDirector, demanding that he arrange for FBI Consultant Donald Troy to be 'interviewed' by FBI lawyers James Bond (yes, that's his name) and Earnest Staffeld again, concerning the Sharples/Priya classified data situation (Author's note: See 'Dream Within A Dream, Ch. 3' for the first time).

"Are you going to comply with this shit?" asked Laura.

"Not of my own accord." said the DepDirector. "But they'll come after your husband anyway, whether or not I help them. So I'm planning on talking to your husband, anyway. The FBI is supposed to handle domestic cases of CIA moles, so if 'Operation Beekeeper' is about that, then I'm going to ask my FBI Consultant about that, as he has a Top Secret clearance with us. You know nothing about that, by the way... that's to give you 'plausible deniability'."

"Thanks, but I'm absolutely not worried about that." Laura said. "I'm more worried about my husband."

"I hear you. So, in addition to that, I'll be letting him know about these legal goons, and see what he wants to do. I will suggest that whatever else he does, he should retain legal counsel. Does he have a private lawyer?"

"Yes." Laura said. "Madison & Ives Law Firm, which amuses me because the initials are 'M.I.L.F.' When Don was in Apple Grove last year, a young lawyer that helped him, one Mike G. Todd (Author's note: Secrets of Apple Grove, Ch. 2), was fired. Don didn't take kindly to that, and got Mike a job with Madison & Ives. Their feistiest lawyer is Bernadette Rosalyn Gillem, daughter-in-law of former Fire Chief Gillem. She's in the County Investment Club with me, as well."

"He needs to give her a call, and she needs to be in her most 'attack dog' mode when they come up against Bond and Staffeld." said the DepDirector. "I ripped Bond a new asshole the last time he tried to fuck with your husband, but Staffeld with him means deep-kimshee trouble."

"And I agree with you that Walker is behind this, somehow." Laura said.

"Think he's dirty? Part of the Shadow Man's organization?"

"I have no idea..."

Part 18 - The Empty House

9:00pm, Thursday, February 18th. The sleek aircraft touched down smoothly at County Airport, then taxied in to the terminal. The door opened and Cindy and Molly descended onto the tarmac. They saw the two figures waiting for them outside the terminal waiting room doors... outside despite the cold temperatures.

"Hi guys!" called out Cindy as she came up to them, pulling her suitcase behind her. Molly's suitcase didn't have wheels, or else something was wrong with it, and so I rushed out to get it and carry it for Molly. We hugged warmly first, though.

Meanwhile, Cindy and Teresa were hugging. "How was it?" Teresa asked.

"It was a good flight." Cindy said. "Those Air Force executive jets are really nice."

Teresa gave what was for her a smile. "I meant how was your time in Canada with your family?"

"Oh." Cindy said. "That was okay, too. I'll tell you about it on the way home."

"Molly," I said as she and I walked up to my 'Angels', "I'll take you to the Mountain Nest. Teresa, you're taking Cindy home?"

"Yes sir." Teresa said.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Please, do stay." said Laura. "Your boys are asleep, and you can stay in the guest room."

"I appreciate it," said Molly, "but they said on the plane that a storm was coming in, and I texted my Chief that I'd be in to work tomorrow. So I need to get home."

"I'll take you." I said. We loaded Ross and Ian, both still sleeping, into their carseats, then strapped them into the back of my Police SUV.

Molly had bought a townhouse on the southeast end of Lake Reservoir in Nextdoor County, which strategically put her closer to my County and northwest of the town of Hillside. I helped her bring the kids in, got her suitcase as she put the boys to bed (they had not awakened the entire time), and looked out the patio doors at the view of the lake.

"Nice view." I said as I heard Molly come up behind me. I turned around and almost gasped at the stunningly hot sight: Molly was wearing a white button-down shirt that had been mine, high heel black pumps... and nothing else.

"Thanks. Can you stay a few minutes?" Molly asked.

"How can I say no?" I replied. She led me to the sofa. She unbuckled my pants as I unbuttoned my shirt and took it off. With my pants around my ankles, I sat down on the couch, my cock throbbing at the sight of the hot blonde, her luscious pussy dripping wet. She eased onto me, straddling me. Needing no foreplay, she reached down and fit the head of my prick into her swollen labes, then let her weight drop her onto me, impaling her womanhood onto my iron-hard size.

"Oh God, that's so good!" Molly gasped. She began riding me, grinding her hips and ass as I thrust up into her repeatedly. For a long moment we just fucked, saying nothing. I'd opened her shirt and was sucking her large breasts as she rode me, then she pulled my face up and mashed her lips to mine. Our tongues twined hotly as we mated lustily.

"Mmmm, maybe we can make another baby tonight." I said as I grasped Molly's sweet, firm asscheeks and drove up into her hard and deep.

"Not likely, baby." she said, her voice almost a whisper. "I'm on the pill now. I love having your babies, but two is enough. So just fuck me and enjoy it..."

As Molly impaled her pussy on my cock, taking me deep inside her again and again, I fondled her hot, fine asscheeks. Then I suddenly had a flash thought in my mind. I was remembering my visit to Jenna's office and what I'd thought about making a 'donation' into that hot redhead's pussy. Even as Molly fucked me, I let nasty fantasies of fucking Jenna play in my mind...

After more long moments of hot grinding sex, I reached the crest. Sensing it, Molly scrambled to get off me and kneel in front of me. I felt her warm, wet mouth engulf my cock just as the painful ecstasy of my release coursed through me and the first large wad of baby batter fired into her throat. She greedily sucked the cum out of my aching balls until I had no more to give...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"It was actually pretty good." Cindy said. "When Molly was around, my mom mostly talked about my dad, but when I was alone with her we talked about other things, like my work down here, and what people I went to school with were doing. A lot of catching up, really. And of course we talked about keeping in touch a lot more in the future."

"That's good." Teresa said. "So, what's she going to do?"

"I'm not sure." Cindy replied. "She's younger than my dad, but she can't run that farm alone. She was talking about leasing the farming rights to someone and she would just retire."

"She could move down here." Teresa suggested. "Help Molly with the kids, watch them grow up, keep you in line..."

"Harrumph." Cindy said. "But I think she and Molly might have talked about that. The issue with that... is my father, Dr. Eckhart. That's one of those things Don's mom calls 'awkward'. So, enough of that... what's going on down here?"

"Tanya is doing well, but she's scared to death of what she's going to do if she can't come back to the Police Force." Teresa replied. "The Commander has been looking into some issues with that Child Protective Services woman that was suspended for trying to take custody of little Pete Feeley. Nash is handling MCD pretty well, but he's lucky... there's nothing big going on right now."

"How's Jenna doing in her political campaign?" Cindy asked.

"I have not paid a bit of attention to that." Teresa replied.

They pulled into the parking lot of Cindy's condo subdivision. There were three condos in each building of the complex. The middle condo was bigger, but the outer two had outside walls in compensation. Cindy's was on the right side.

She noted that Jenna's car was not parked in its designated place. Teresa pulled into it. They got Cindy's suitcase out of the car and walked up to the door. Cindy opened the door and immediately pressed the keys on the keypad next to the door that disabled the alarm. She flicked on the light... and gasped.

"Oh my God." Teresa said as she came in behind Cindy.

The room looked bare, even though Cindy's furniture and belongings remained. The big TV was gone. One of the bedrooms was completely empty and bare. The dining room table and chairs were gone, as well.

The kitchen table remained; it had been Cindy's. On it was a small jewelry box. Cindy opened it to find the ring she'd given Jenna inside. There was a note on the table, as well. Cindy read it, and exhaled, a wave of depression hitting her.

It was clear... Jenna had moved out.

To be continued.