All Comments on 'Slut'

by LongJoe

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Huh...

Must be a private joke or something...I just didn't get it...,aybe there was nothing there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Didn't understand

I didn't understand this "story", in fact it was in most ways, just a series of words. What was the point, or was there a point to the story?

thebulletthebulletabout 17 years ago
A bit too artsy

This was more than a little too 'artsy' for the (how do I put this nicely??) average Literotica Loving Wives reader. Probably would have been better received if you had made her into a Tuesday lesbian and posted it to that section.

The author was trying to write a short story with meaning, wistfulnes, unattainable desires.

The wife in this story was a woman made bitter by her own beauty; cynical, distrustful, ungrateful. She longed for what she didn't have, but didn't know what she longed for.

As I see it, she was a slut on Tuesdays just to attempt to find something different, something she saw from a train as it slipped by Paris's redlight district during her honeymoon: prostitutes plying their trade. Perhaps by doing that she could use men the way she felt that men were using her.

Just my opinion. I could be dead wrong. What the hell do I know?

Not a bad effort LongJoe. But allow me this one bit of advice: know your audience.

Orion623Orion623about 17 years ago
An Interesting Woman

A woman who defiles her family, her husband, and her wedding vows because she is lovely? A woman who is loved by her husband and told daily by him how beautiful she is wishes to be treated as a slut because she has always been treated as beautiful? The premise is unusual but, just like the man in the story, we are not given an explanation of why it is necessary for her to mar a beautiful life with the ugliness of being a whore.*****This is a very short story which leaves us to wonder about this wife and to hope for additional words to help us understand why she is on her chosen path.*****Very good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Sick Mind,Sick Story

Here we have a very sick author who has written a very sick story.I would hope that they would get some mental help if they are not already under the care of a doctor.This story said nothing and went nowhere.

datadyndatadynabout 17 years ago
Paperclip

Was this written by Microsoft's irritating paperclip ?

On second thought no, Clipit can do better

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
It's all about Hate

I found rage and hate in this story. She hates her husband, her life, her children and everybody that crosses her path. Her vengeance is becoming a whore. Maybe she will get her wish and become what she was meant to be: a hate-filled whore, standing on the corner waiting for Johns. Heaven knows she doesn't deserve her husband or her children. I found quite sick that last scene with the cake, her children, and her hubby singing "happy birthday." I've read sick stories, but this one "takes the cake." No pun intended...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
A very sick mentally ill woman.

She is a lying betraying cheating adulterous wife who is a pure slut acting as a whore, her lifes ambition. She does not love, disrespects and dishonors, and places at medical risk, herself, her husband, and her children. She is on a path that leads to slow entual medical suicide if she doesnt become involved in drugs and die otherwise first. Best thing she could do, is divorce her husband, leave her children whom she hates, and either seek mental help or become a full time whore. Not really a loving wife or mother. She is very dangerous and seriously mentally ill.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Loved it...

Nice to see something with a bit of depth and characterisation. Not sure I liked the main character or even understood her but I had to keep reading.

northbaybearnorthbaybearabout 17 years ago
Hey, it's fantasy! It's only a story!

It's original! It's deviant, and then some! It's fiction! Sure, if it was real life she'd be endangering herself, and others, but it's not real. It's a story. It's the product of a vivid imagination. It's a right-in-your-face story of a woman who has a strong drive to act out some dark side of herself. But, remember, it's a story!

I think it's a fascinating and new twist on the age-old tale of what does someone do who has this aspect of themselves that is unacceptable in "normal" society. It's explored here, and I like it.

Kudos to the writer for willing to share himself (or, could it be, herself) with us. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Interesting - Puzzling & Puzzling

Forelorningly obtuse and non-filling - so if that's what you intended - you did it.<P>

Then: Nice work but to what end?

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Interesting story

The haters and revilers missed the point of the tale since their attention is latched to the act instead of the reason behind it. That's their loss. I appreciated the author's effort to show us why she did what she did, to reveal her disgust at her all-too-perfect life with its dreary, exacting sameness.

<P>

I enjoyed the story. Thank you, Longjoe.

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
Well Done

All of us dream of another life. What would it be like to be another person, or live in a different lifestyle. This is just a very brief look into one woman actually fulfilling that desire. I wonder if her anger is frustration at finding out that the life she had fantasized about was everything she had dreamed of? I am horrible at the reading between the lines stuff but I still love reading these stories. Great job.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 17 years ago
Well written

'Joe;' A very interesting "take" on something my wife has had to cope with all her life. My wife, beautiful, especially as a child, has had to deal with these same outside influences. My sons, as teenagers, had many occasions for discussions <i>tete-a-tete</i> with friends who just couldn't help telling them how gorgeous their mom was. A beautiful woman isn't accorded the allowances extended to most other women. She can't have a "bad hair" day. She is expected to always be beautiful. Granted your protagonist's actions were a bit over-the-top, but, in my opinion, were credible as to what she thought would be a solution for her distress.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Anomie comes to mind

Actually much more came to mind, and in such a short story. I was reminded of Emil Durkheim and of course Camus and the Existentialism, but mostly alienation; that is the common denominator. Did not see it coming from the title…

Many years ago one therapist told me that we see ourselves the way we perceive people seeing us. At the time it sounded vaguely circular, but it was before I learned about the important theory of Melanie Kline regarding the development of the “self” in children, which is indeed an imprint of the way the parents interact with the child. No wonder a child who always gets reinforced for her beauty with no regard to her thoughts emotions etc. could grow resentful at all that “drool” even if it’s “positive” and “adoring”. Part of her could indeed be identifying with the “beautiful” label and at the same time wanting to rebel against it with the wish to be a prostitute who is pretty much a fantasy about abandoning all those that have defined her as beautiful. Sure enough, she will still be beautiful on the outside, but not on the inside (the way one could assume every one took it for granted, or worse - did not think about it at all). Acting out on such a fantasy would come with too much of a price to pay, so the next best thing is the “slut” game. In it she gets to act out all her resentment to the way she is perceived throughout her life with no pretence. The big question - where was she when the feminist revolution at its stages allowed women to shape their own image through their own actions; for example, by creating new opportunities, new environments for themselves? But that is beyond the scope of this story, which is therefore a bit anachronistic in my mind (could have been written about the end of the 19 century with not much changes). Still, it’s a striking portrait of the still sexist society and its destructive effects, not through preaching and outrageous plots, but by an incredible and poignant portrayal of one person. It’s an unusually good story.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Again - condemning a story for its subject

Condemning a story which presents as its subject something objectionable, say- a “sick woman” as you call it; a morally despicable mother and person, (call the character whatever you wish), makes as much sense as condemning a parody for making fun of people or of other genres or condemning a tragedy for making us sad or upset. Different literary works do different things. We choose the kind of read we prefer to engage in according to our mood, or who knows why, but it makes no sense whatsoever to say that just because the author did not choose to put in his/her story a woman who was the moral equivalent to mother Theresa or Eleanor Roosevelt, that author is sick and the story is so bad it deserves zero. Anons critics, had it occurred to you that the author might not fully support and advocate this woman’s character life style and beliefs? Is the only way you can understand a message of a story is when someone comes from behind the stage and says: “This was an example of a fallen woman. It may or may not be fully her fault. The author wishes to convey the thought that it might be in part society’s fault and in part that woman’s fault. The author wishes to give you the opportunity to talk among yourselves about sexism in our society. The author does not condone cheating in marriage.” Would that make the story ok for you? <P>

Now if any of you had one word about THE WAY the author executed his/her goal (what ever you think it might be) than I would have said - OK, even if I disagree with every word you say, at least you ask and talk about something that is relevant to the story.

With no malice and with respect to all.

MilliemoonMilliemoonalmost 17 years ago
Very Good

A good story, newspaper article, TV program, is one that makes you think, makes you dig a little deeper inside yourself. This story does that. The reasons for her behaviour, explained near the end, the 'perfect' lifestyle she begins with and returns to, all make her behaviour more shocking. In this story I feel no sympathy for the woman but instead reserve it for the two men involved.

This is very good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Have no empathy for a train ride

This story was an attempt at reaching something deeper than a wife and mother who wanted sex with another man and get paid for it so she could say she was techincally a whore. For her it was all about the train that stopped outside Paris all those years before. There is a voild within her soul and in my humhle opinion fucking a stranger as if she was a whore did not begin to fill the void. Her problems are far deeper and require a lot more work and introspection that comes with the act of an extramarital fuck. The author missed the mark when he didn't make this clear at the end of the story the fact that some part of her was still on the train staring out at people on the platform. I pity her husband and kids, she's in need of a great deal of help.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

All these pretentious comments on a bad story about a cheating whore.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous