All Comments on 'Small Favors...and Dirty Laundry'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Good Read****

Very entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
NOT A ROMANCE!

But it was very a good read...

trigudistrigudisover 7 years agoAuthor
Not A Romance?

I predicted at least one not-a-romance response. It could have been erotic couplings or mature. It's at least a borderline romance given that Adam and Rene developed feelings that transcended pure carnal eroticism. If you agree/disagree, please feel free to weigh-in.

PileDriver48PileDriver48over 7 years ago
Romance?!?!

My definition of Romance can easily accommodate this story. Enjoyed.it,

trigudistrigudisover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks PileDriver48

Borderline, like I said, though I do think it qualifies. Maybe I'll write a follow-up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

This was really really good! Nobody could have done any better! Like it was rael1

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

THis was a romance story. I commented earliertat this story was really really good. I seldom say that. You have talent!

dispatcher59dispatcher59over 7 years ago
Too early for a romance

I realize the main characters have developed an affinity for each other. At the point we left them, they may have been headed that way, but I don't feel that Rene has given her heart over yet. Long lunches and love making(vs just sex) are a good start, but I get the sense that she could walk away without a second thought at this stage-he's more a diversion than a serious relationship. Maybe that side of the story needs a little more development, and they may just need more time for the romance to build. It doesn't happen overnight, and there's a lot of past to overcome, though they seem on their way to doing that. Good story, I liked the turnaround. Always nice to see the underdog win one for once.

auhunter04auhunter04over 7 years ago
closing remark

The catty closing remark shows, to me, that Gary needs some growing up.to do.

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
A very yummy story!

Yummy indeed! It happens quickly, but it's nothing a follow up couldn't solve if you're inclined to write more of this story! Thank you!

B_BaileyB_Baileyabout 7 years ago
Learning from an older woman

The best way to learn is from the willing.

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

starovastarovaover 4 years ago
Chemistry

I love the way this was written. It has a feel of authenticity and fits life beautifully.

A dose of dopamine, the feel good sex drug, would explain Rene's declaration of love. It certainly opens the door to romance.

Adam will have grown in confidence after his first experience and praise from such a sexy experienced partner.

She might not want to lose what she has risked her reputation and husband for, and Adam might think that now that he knows what he's doing, there are probably plenty of opportunities with women more his own age.

I seems like a short torrid intense affair with an early end on friendly terms would best serve Adam, whereas sex on demand might be more highly sexed Rene's choice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She drives him to the country club in her Lexus. When he orders a beer he comments that the drinking age in his state was 18.

The drinking age was raised to 21 in all states in 1984. The Lexus was introduced in 1989. Should have given her a Cadillac or Mercedes Benz. Minor nitpick, I know, but us old guys pick up on this stuff! Otherwise, a great story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
728 Followers
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...