All Comments on 'So I Might've Cursed My Family...'

by Surprisinglysesquipedalian

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Had me interested

Liked your story, had me interested, i presume there will be a follow on story, look forward to it. 5*

badbluebadblueover 6 years ago
Magic

That story is one of the hottest I've read! Keep it up. :-)

Lust_of_dragonLust_of_dragonover 6 years ago
Very impressive for a first story!

I came expecting the worst but this story was fantastic and hot like lava. Looking forward to a follow up. Keep up the good work.

sexymeupsexymeupover 6 years ago
mmmm..ok

you say this is your 1st story? Sorry to say it, but, I have read this story before, still a good read again.

SurprisinglysesquipedalianSurprisinglysesquipedalianover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the feedback!

To answer the questions stated, yes I am working on a follow-up as we speak. I wrote this particular story at my partner's behest and she insisted that I was not under any circumstances done so watch this space!

To Lust_of_Dragon thank you very much for your compliment but may I ask: when you say you were 'expecting the worst' was that due to the title? Because honestly I'm not sure how well it works and would certainly think about something a little different for the next chapter. Or was it perhaps the themes or tags of the story? Being new to this whole thing means that I have no idea whatsoever how to present myself. I wasn't really thinking in terms of my SEO processes when I began the process of uploading so I was a little blind-sided in truth.

To sexymeup may I ask whether you are directly stating that my story is plagiarized? Or is that merely a statement that my work is unoriginal? If it is the latter then I suppose I am beyond help in that regard but if you have seen this story somewhere else before would you be willing to tell me where? Only I definitely did write this story and if it has been somehow co-opted by someone else I would certainly like to find out who has done so (as I'm sure you can appreciate).

Thank you again everyone who commented (and also to those of you who have added this story to your favourites or even started following me!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
great story

good sexy fun can be 3 part saga. good story for a new author can't wait to see more of the beaumonts for part 2 or 3

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent - extraordinary for a first story

I am eagerly awaiting your future stories.

KurtWildKurtWildover 6 years ago
5star

Purely just for the "2spooky".

Lust_of_dragonLust_of_dragonover 6 years ago
In response to Surprisinglysesquipedalian

Oh I didn't mean anything negative by "expecting the worst", It's just in the past (from my experience anyway) new author stories have been a coin toss between good and bad. In this case I was happy to be surprised! Apologies.

Alice_RosaleenAlice_Rosaleenover 6 years ago
Curses

Not usually into Mommy stuff but I liked your story. The doll in the beginning reminded me of Bartimaeus (a demon from a decent young adult trilogy). I'm always a big fan of supernatural family kink so thank you for writing.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 6 years ago
Overuse of italics was annoying but

story was ok. Not my style, but ok.

JessicaSJessicaSover 6 years ago
wow

Excellent story. Definitely doesn't read like "first one" - you can feel the touch of experience here.

I especially enjoyed the original start/setup, even laughed a few times when they tried to resist only to fail miserably. And it was interesting how the sisters had a special connection - glasses, love/affection etc. I wanted more on that level, maybe even between other people.

It's a pity that, though skillfully written, the latter part devolved into a crazy dream-like fantasy, abandoning any attempt at depth. At first you at least kept it distinct and fresh (with Evie's commentary), but soon their actions lost most of their impact. And the more you turned it up, the less involved I felt. Who they are, how they feel and what they do goes beyond positions and orgasms. It may be just me, but I prefer more plot than "everyone has lots of sex".

Either way, I'd be happy to read any sequels. And despite what I wrote, if you keep this up, you'll be popular.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
great story

I especially liked how you had the action continue when the pov character wasn't looking (or distracted by an approaching orgasm). It lets you fill in the gaps and draws you deeper in.

I didn't mind the italics, they gave the story a distinct voice. The humour was spot on too. Not too much and not so little it feels out of place. I assume this is your first erotic story. Keep it up. More please

Who_KnowsWho_Knowsover 6 years ago
In agreement with Jessica regarding most every particular

Started out with a very specific point of view, but in the middle it just became an exercise in "How many different combinations of these people can I run through?" which could have been written by anybody about any indistinct group of family members.

Now, I *suspect* "partner's behest" means you may be basing this on specific people, which would leave you and her with a fleshed-out picture of all personalities involved no matter how little detail appears on the page. Even if I'm wrong in that supposition, it doesn't matter; this still gets immediately better by developing the characters (and character dynamics) beyond rough sketches. Spend time in their world and allow them to demonstrate they have inner lives.

This showed great potential otherwise. So much amateur writing is just the rote checking off of events that constitute the plot, whereas your opening demonstrated a stylishness and facility for weaving a tale. Also in that vein, ignore criticism of the italics. Emphasis gets across tone and meaning turning inert words on a page into dialogue you can hear.

Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future.

SurprisinglysesquipedalianSurprisinglysesquipedalianover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you all for the tips and thoughtful comments!

I'd especially like to thank JessicaS and Who_Knows for your thoughts on pacing. This is an area I was a little leery about as I wrote it, I really liked the slower character stuff at the beginning but I was advised to sort of 'get things moving'. I don't have the pacing quite right yet, but I think the key problem was that there were just a few too many characters interacting at once.

It ended up being a kind of 'Tab A into Slot B' misadventure that I'm not too happy with. I don't hate it necessarily, but I'm much more interested in what the characters are thinking as opposed to what they're physically doing. My partner suggested that if I had my way the sex part would never actually materialize, and she might have been on to something there. I'm willing to give it a couple more tries and see if I can weave the characterization and the action a little more skillfully.

I think that I'd like to trim down the character list a little for the next chapter, maybe focus on her and one or at most two people she interacts with. Five separate individuals working all at once was perhaps a little ambitious for a first attempt?

I have 2000 words or so of the morning after and I think I'd like to work on scaling back the action, letting the characters unwind and separate, sort of establish their new normal without any real sexual activity.

I was planning to introduce Evie's two best (read: only) friends, but I'm torn between doing that and focusing on the relationship between her and Jeanne.

Well, I'll see which idea has legs as I go, but thoughts are always welcome.

Once again, thank you all for reading and for your comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

This has ended being one of my favorite stories on this site, I would love to see a follow-up, I hope the writer is still writing because this is great

Gartack_DreamerGartack_Dreamerabout 1 year ago

Well written twist on the basic theme. I especially liked the use of the magical curse to extend the main action well beyond human stamina. Also, love the pseudonym. It fits the writing style very well. Sesquipedalian without excess.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

One of my favorite stories, but sadly it appears the author has stopped writing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous