All Comments on 'So Night Follows Day Pt. 27'

by TMaskedWriter

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
FieroGT1988FieroGT1988about 6 years ago
As always... Great,,,,

a couple of small grammar errors. Now you have some critique to go with the 5 rating. Keep up the good work.

TMaskedWriterTMaskedWriterabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks.

Always trying to learn more. There's at least one that I caught while reading it now. As I've said, "I'll spend about a week writing a chapter, then I'll spend the rest of my life editing it."

RobcolesRobcolesabout 6 years ago
Inventive, Intelligent and Intriguing

There are a few stories on this site that are truly gripping and yours is one of them - along with Tristan’s Tale, My Only Talent and A Gift From His Father. The only problem with all of these is that I get so invested with the characters that it leaves a massive gap during the time between chapters. As per the previous comment, I did spot a few grammatical errors but then I always have been a picky sod and they didn’t detract from the story 😜.

Keep up the good work, you have a true talent.

TMaskedWriterTMaskedWriterabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks again.

I sometimes struggle with the grammar vs "what dialogue sounds like" debate. Often, the second one wins. If I'm getting it wrong some other way consistently, I'd like to know. (One thing that might come up is that it's a deliberate style choice to always use "amongst" instead of "among" wherever possible.) Like the Futurama writers' rule about how you should never say "shorts," "underwear," or any of the other common words for "underpants," because "underpants" is ultimately the funniest word to describe them.

So yes, I'm always aware that I can be wrong. I'm open to input.

kplusmckplusmcabout 6 years ago
Another great chapter

sorry to read that the story is winding down,I check everyday for a new chapter. Since I'm not an English teacher It is easy to glide over the few grammatical errors I've spotted. Hope this continues for a while more. Thanks for taking the time to entertain us the way you have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Regional?

Not sure if this is a regional thing but how do you nod no?

I've seen it in other stories but it still doesn't seem right.

Julie nodded no.....

TMaskedWriterTMaskedWriterabout 6 years agoAuthor
You're right.

You'd shake your head no, rather than nod. Unless you're Greek or have grown up surrounded by Greeks. Then a single downward and to the right nod indicates Yes, and a single upward nod to the left indicates no. Eyes are part of the gesture, too, so if you get an eyeroll with your "no," that's not meant to be insulting, it's part of it. With a yes, there's a brief closing, too.

jet1963jet1963about 6 years ago
good storyline

It is rather gripping. I really like the interactions of everyone, and how they really care about each other, even Mander.

TMaskedWriterTMaskedWriterabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks, Jet.

I knew I had to have Mander back somehow. And that he'd forgive Troy for taking a long time to be sure about him. He was up-front about the 'orrible things, though.

And a good part of Helen's selecting him for the job, apart from being "already bought," was that she knew "Ok, if shit goes wrong, Mander WILL try to bail and save his own ass, that's understandable; he works for money, he wants to live to spend it. But if he got on with Troy, Julie, and Susan, she knew he'd at least TRY to get them out of danger before deciding to desert THEM too. Basically, after doing The Thing to get her phone back in Uongo, she hasn't done it to Mander since. She has too much respect for him as a fellow criminal.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTMaskedWriter@TMaskedWriter
The order of the stories: A Conversation Amongst Equals Great Day For It How My Day Was Long Day's Journey Into Susan An Intermission Amongst Equals The Day Before The Day As Day Follows Night A New Day Dawns For Susan Night Brings The Hunter A Walk Amongst Equals The Continu...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES