All Comments on 'Soldier of Fortune'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
Impo_64Impo_64almost 7 years ago
Even if I prefer your short and funny stories...

Even if I prefer your short and funny stories I found this a good and enternaining story...4*

TrtrolesTrtrolesalmost 7 years ago
well

If you love war and war stories this is one for you. Nothing to do with LW.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
THE MERCENARIES HOLD CODE TO HONOR

and they set their own standards, TK U MLJ LV NV

john1946john1946almost 7 years ago
Fun

As with the rest of your stories, this was great. Glad to read you again. Thanks

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Lots of drama and intrigue

Starts with the LW standard young wife cheating with her boss then veers off into war and chaos.

Entertaining, fun, dramatic, and a touch of revenge.

19pvc4419pvc44almost 7 years ago
Just Right

As usual Britease... Just the right amount of detail, suspense, humour and love of life.

Really enjoyed the story especially since I know Dubai & Mumbai (particularly Nariman Point) quite well and have done my share of traipsing around Africa.

Lived in Belgium for a few years --- Yup... The girls are truly great!

5*

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good story

A fun, five read. How did he meet Flo again?

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Given the choice

that is exactly the life I would choose to live. Enjoyed it. Thanks.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

"I caught her cheating," - As is often said, she'll cheat WITH you, she'll cheat ON you!

There was a hint that Charlie might have fathered other children with his employees, but nothing more was said.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 7 years ago
Great

As great a rip-roaring good yarn as any I have ever read on this site.

patilliepatilliealmost 7 years ago
Great tale

Best of the 4 or 5 Legends tales I have read. Very entertaining.

bruce22bruce22almost 7 years ago
A pleasure to read

He should not have had any trouble encountering Flo again since they were both

connected to industries. Flo was a really courageous and decisive little lady.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 7 years ago
A very worthy addition to the Legend feature.

A very exciting read, on several levels.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
Great Tale

Shows how one cheating woman can screw up so many lives. Our hero became a bad ass and found love. Life should be this good.

Five Stars

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 7 years ago
Great Story

From simple Engineer to a Hero for the Woman he fell for. and to the African leader he helped. Not Bad.

gmann57gmann57almost 7 years ago

Very nice story Brit, 5 stars, Thank you

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Superb!

And interestingly ironic that Mike comes to terms with George, without whom the adventures never would have started.

I guess we're to assume that he meets up with Florence when he starts working with the Belgian company? I would have enjoyed more story about her and their love affair, and less about the bacchanal in Mumbai.

Thanks very much for this fine contribution to LD2!

cpetecpetealmost 7 years ago
Fine tale

love, betrayal, action, adventure, retribution, reward..what not to like?

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 7 years ago
Really Good

Excellent "shoot'em up" with enough sex to keep things interesting.

K.K.K.K.almost 7 years ago
Great Story

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I always enjoy Britease's stories but I think this was his best or very close to it.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 7 years ago
It

Has been too long...nice to hear from you. I agree...one of your best.

Forto02Forto02almost 7 years ago
Truly worthy

To the author:

Yes, you deserve to be considered as Legend here, and yes, your story was one of the best of legends day.

Please, keep writing

OverthefallsOverthefallsalmost 7 years ago
Entertaining tale

With all the elements that make a story fun to read. Well done.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 7 years ago
Fast pacing

Very fun rollicking story. Not a high component of loving wife (certainly not the first wife we met! We got no background on why she was such a tramp), but lots of action. Good job.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago

Why the hell did he show Campion any kind of mercy, a few tears? Don't make me laugh, should just make the revenge sweeter.

Campion has no one but himself to blame, it was after all him that taught Jenny that cheating was no big thing.

Just Deserts

I really can't see the reason for actually staying his hand and helping Cambion.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 7 years ago
Story, writing and entertainment 5* just right on all counts...

Great to have your posting in the 4 July mix. What great imagination your tale has shown. All wars leave us with the ravages of former selves, few if any are good.

Thanks for sharing your hard work with us on Lit.

x

calflashcalflashalmost 7 years ago
adventure

What a great adventure story! You have managed to mix action with intrigue and a healthy dose of fascinating characters. Well done.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 6 years ago

Well, I couldn't make it through this one. The first page was difficult to digest. It seemed like every sentence contained a parenthetical statement, with a parenthetical statement to the parenthetical statement. By the time I got to the end of the sentence, I couldn't remember the original point of the sentence.

gabaagabaaover 6 years ago
@Drbeamer333

Why did you bother to write that? The score speaks for itself, the story speaks (very eloquently) for itself. Are we supposed to care that you have attention deficiency?

You are joining the sorry ranks of commentators with verbal diarrhea. When you next reach for your keyboard remember the great axiom.

'Never miss a golden opportunity to shut up'

ProfDavrosProfDavrosover 6 years ago
Boys own story

Thanks for a magical story. I wondered where it was headed half way through, but it's rare to find a combination of deeply compassionate / sentimental and macho in a male character. Obviously based on real people. Your situations and solutions are realistic and complex enough to be entertaining. I'd loved to have met Duce uninhibited women as you describe.

As an engineer I was loving the situation in the jungle with the broken guns and an employer who wants a magic solution out of nothing. The final corporation building was inspired - it brought to mind a former boss of mine, ex navy engineer who built a high tech electronics empire out of nothing over a lifetime.

You were right to forewarn the lack of explicit sex in the story, but the resulting adventure made it a fine read.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Fine story. Except for...

Bypassing how Mike ended up reconnecting, and then marrying Florence.

We already know so much about the guy and what he went through, you would think it would be of some importance for us, the readers, to learn how he managed to get to his 'happily ever after' - and no, didn't see anything cluing me in on how it happened. It's as if Britease just got tired of writing this story after the last trip in Mumbai, and rush its ending.

Before that, though... as fine a story as you're going to get on this website.

Great lifting, smooth flying... very chaotic landing. But everyone's fine.

Bo47Bo47over 6 years ago
Great story

An officer who can shoot and hit what he shoots at! Almost unbelievable, if I didn't know another one. I like your ending, and middle, and beginning. Not sure it's in the right category, but I suppose it was a 'loving wife' who started him on his 2nd life of adventure and fortune. A very good read.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Another great tale spun superbly

You do seem to have a knack for soldier of fortune. Do you publish?

GymShortsGymShortsabout 6 years ago
Excellent!

Probably your best story, so far (IMO) keep these kind coming. Glad Jenny got her cumupance although a girl with her talents would probably have wound as an escort and plenty of money. Not broke and living with a loser.

Ocker51Ocker51about 6 years ago
Thumbs up

A very good read, been a while since I felt the urge to leave a comment, 5 ⭐️ All the way 😁

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Plans gone when engagement starts

Good story

Per Eastwood it's a cluster fuck

Liked 4 stars

Write and I will read

johsunjohsunover 4 years ago
Good Story

I enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Executive Outcomes

Did you ever come into contact with any people from Executive Outcomes?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Can’t believe this rip roaring story only has thirty odd comments

Need more like this

linnearlinnearabout 4 years ago
Thoroughly Enjoyable

Very good writing, but all the buttons for me.

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
NICE!

Great Job, Thank You... Never been to Africa so your adjustments to whichever area you described were fine with me! I enjoyed the story but may re read as I was dealing with 'a local situation' at the time I read it and my concentration was diluted. I look forward to it 5***** and I suspect it will be the same again next time! Well done!

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
this was a guy with balls

i hate guys that take the pussy way out. Revenge is the only way to go.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Big story

This was much deeper than the usual from Britease. Very well done and an excellent read.

tompo296tompo296over 3 years ago

A super excellent read. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Glad to see the to see the slut living in abject poverty

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

This was boring as fuck

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

Good story, reads like an adventure novel. An interesting set of characters, Jenny just sounds like she had a few screws loose but the ex-boss was kinda interesting. Despite apparently sharing Jenny with his colleagues he didn't turn out so bad. If I had one complaint it would be the ending was too abrupt, would have liked to explore a bit more of the reunion with Florence and their romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good.

1Merlin1Merlinover 2 years ago

Pretty interesting storyline. Guy gets shit on by his foolish wife, cuts her loose and after acting out his angst he moves on making some good and some sketchy decisions and ends up making a new life for himself. I really like the idea that a person can move on from a relationship while keeping his head straight and maintaining a proper perspective on moving on in life. Whatever happened to the X? Who cares and why would it interest you anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cut shirt the ending

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

The shift in the storyline regarding the wife becoming a slut didnt work for me. She started out sleeping with Campion, whom she had been with since she was 19. Clearly a case of wanted the supposed best of two worlds. But then for her to turn into a slut and have an affair with a 3rd party now makes her a slut and a totally different person from the one in the beginning.

My two cents is that that was too inconsistent of a behaviour.

I get that this gives the two men a chance to bond and work together, but I don't buy into the attempt of creating the scenario of once a cheater always a cheater.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

Also, while it was kinda hot, why did he initially hunt down Neha and not go after Florence as soon as he returned?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic story. Would make a great film.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"a house that I couldn't afford and hated anyway." - Why didn't he just sell it? Hard to be a long-distance landlord, likely need to hire a property manager, which would likely eat up what little profit he made.

\

"And it wasn't as it happened, Campion delighting in exposing his beautiful young mistress off in all her glory to his fellow directors, somehow regularly persuading her to serve then drinks topless or even in the nude, but not allowing them so much as a quick fondle, never mind any actual sex. But I didn't find that out till much later," - Maybe I missed it, but what WAS it then?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well told story and quite entertaining... ⭐⭐⭐⭐ & 1/2.

Norseman123Norseman123about 1 year ago

Nice story would have preferred a bit more BTB but still 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved your story. So many various plots flowing at the same time. It certainly kept me interested and entertained. Thanks for sharing. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ending was way too abbreviated.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Absolutely superb!!

Guys not a wimp. Clearly, after Africa, a pretty dangerous guy to fuck with, yet very much under control.

Without going into personal details the combat situation is very close to one I, and some others narrowly escaped. Your account was to close for comfort.

Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Why the fuck go into details of his past mercenary work!! Write the fucking present

ibuguseribuguser4 months ago

Wonderful story.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You are a wonderful writer, way above average. That was a creative, well written story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

WOW Talk about a soldier of fortune you did cover most of the bases Good story and not too much B/S keep writing I thoroughly enjoyed it (jaybee186)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous